Removing songs?

Korban7Korban7 Unsigned
edited April 2010 in The Rock Band Network
Sorry if this has been asked before.

I read that artists can remove their songs from RBN if they wish. First, has anybody actually done that yet?

If I had purchased that song, would it remain on my system or be removed?

I assume if it was removed I would be compensated?

If it is not removed, would I be able to re-download it if I had to replace my PS3?

What would happen if something similar to the amazon kindle 1984 situation arose? (a misunderstanding on who owns the rights to a work and it has to be removed)

Comments

• MarklefordMarkleford Opening Act
    edited April 2010
    At the very least, it *will* remain on your system.

I doubt you would be able to re-download it, though: my understanding is that it is completely removed from the store.

- m
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited April 2010
    If a song is removed, it gets taken off the storefront but it would remain on your system, and I believe that it remains on the server so that those who own it can redownload (edit: I could be wrong on this). So far it has only happened with songs that were on the website listing but not on the in-game store. And yes, the most likely reason it might happen is due to unforeseen ownership issues.
  • SkodeSkode Headliner
    edited April 2010
    If youve downloaded it once it will remain on your gamertag download history to redownload at your leisure even if you delete after its been pulled from the marketplace outright.