Will previews ever be available? (PS3)

goodSuMgoodSuM Unsigned
edited May 2010 in The Rock Band Network
I bought Lady in a Blue Dress, and I had a whole setlist of songs I was playing. I saved that song for last (6th song)... I was playing all the other songs at volume 30 on my TV. This one came on. I had to turn it up to 50 to get closer to the correct volume.

Yeah, I looked it up on YouTube before I bought it, and of course it sounded great there, but on my TV, it's really quiet.

If there was a preview option like normal Harmonix songs, I would've known to stay away from it.

Comments

• DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    I actually think on my Xbox, "Lady in a Blue Dress" sounds louder than all my RBN songs (minus a few). Interesting.
  • GDVPlayerGDVPlayer Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    I bought it too (PS3) it sounds fine, not loud or quiet. Idk why yours sucks.
  • goodSuMgoodSuM Unsigned
    edited May 2010
    I just played it on guitar and then switched back to drums. It seems to only be quiet when the drums play solo.
  • jeccanekojeccaneko Headliner
    edited May 2010
    goodSuM;3666793 said:

If there was a preview option like normal Harmonix songs, I would've known to stay away from it.
    That may not have helped you. On the 360 the preview option for RBN songs sounds ridiculously loud (for every song), louder than the song actually sounds when you play either the demo or the full song.
  • Ron3246Ron3246 Unsigned
    edited May 2010
    If there isn't a preview for RBN songs on the PS3 then I'm only gonna buy songs that I'm familiar with. It gets to be a drag having to look the songs up on youtube every time. Thats ridiculous.
  • CaptainKickerCaptainKicker Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    There's no preview, probably because the lack of XNA on the PS3.
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited May 2010
    CaptainKicker;3671172 said:
    There's no preview, probably because the lack of XNA on the PS3.
    No, HMXHenry mentioned he was hoping previews would be up last week (It's in the first PS3 announcement thread). I'm going to assume that they'll be up eventually. Demos would be nicer, but I'll live with a preview.
  • FlawlessFlawless First Poster
    edited May 2010
    I was sad when I checked out the RBN store for the first time last week and there was no preview function. Then I just assumed it was an XNA thing.

I don't ever want or care for demos though.
  • RincewiendRincewiend Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    Ehm, there are previews...
  • SmashManSmashMan Rising Star
    edited May 2010
    Rincewiend;3672055 said:
    Ehm, there are previews...
    There are previews on the EU Rock Band store? Interesting. Wonder what the difference would be.

With today's update, we still don't have any previews here on the US store.
  • rocker820rocker820 Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    yeah, I agree. I don't really care that it doesn't have a preview option where you get to demo the actual song, but it should at least have an audible demo where you can hear the track and it doesn't.
    edited May 2010
    SmashMan;3672091 said:
    There are previews on the EU Rock Band store? Interesting. Wonder what the difference would be.

With today's update, we still don't have any previews here on the US store.
    I just checked again, but we do have previews in Europe...
    Atleast for the 5 we got 2 weeks ago, don't know about last or this weeks since the PSN hasn't updated yet....
    edited May 2010
    Rincewiend;3673012 said:
    I just checked again, but we do have previews in Europe...
    Atleast for the 5 we got 2 weeks ago, don't know about last or this weeks since the PSN hasn't updated yet....
    Can someone else in Europe confirm this?
  • lanky316lanky316 Rising Star
    edited May 2010
    I had thought I'd imagined it but booted up RB for the first time since mic died on me. Myth confirmed, had the previews playing in store.
    edited May 2010
    lanky316;3673039 said:
    I had thought I'd imagined it but booted up RB for the first time since mic died on me. Myth confirmed, had the previews playing in store.
    Cool. I'll note that in my rumors and facts thread.
    edited May 2010
    Typical, We get previews but miss out on 1 week of DLC and you guys get the DLC but no previews...
    :p
    edited May 2010
    Rincewiend;3673082 said:
    Typical, We get previews but miss out on 1 week of DLC and you guys get the DLC but no previews...
    :p
    Coming up next week. Peer review without song submitting.