You decide the songs for the next review group 5/5 pt 2

ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
edited May 2010 in The Rock Band Network
Here's the deal. Each friday I start a playtest/review group that agrees to do a song from each reviewer.

The goal is that each person does the song from everyone else's list to help get a group of songs through and into the store, instead of all of us just hitting songs willy nilly.

So this week I have five very solid songs, that I love equally and can't decide which one I should nominate for my choice of the week.

So I'll leave it up to the forums.

I'll post a poll that will run until Friday morning. One with the highest votes I'll use as my choice.

Though honestly all five songs are very solid, and any one of them would make a kick ass addition to the store(hopefully all five of them will be soon, but I digress).

No Mercy by Tijuana Sweetheart
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=digjjjdxAJs

Hey There Mr. Brooks by Asking Alexandria
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDRMH2J1ceY

Riot Act by Exodus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKt3Jz-jk1A

Freakshow by Hourcast
(Can't find a sample of this song)

Seven by Sunny Day Real Estate
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Bk5CmuRRoA

Comments

• overdriveguitarmanoverdriveguitarman The Walrus
    edited May 2010
    What happened?
  • JoshVanHalen87JoshVanHalen87 Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    exodus. ^ my guess would be that he can´t add a poll once the thread has been created.
  • Dogmatic2020Dogmatic2020 Rising Star
    edited May 2010
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    Dogmatic2020;3674141 said:
    seven
    Agreed :D
  • Mister_DerpMister_Derp Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    Very very tough choice between Asking Alexandria and Sunny Day. Went with Seven though.
  • BartenderjoeBartenderjoe Rising Star
    edited May 2010
    riot act FTW!
  • overdriveguitarmanoverdriveguitarman The Walrus
    edited May 2010
    Is the SDRE song the one from GH5?
  • DekarTheDragoonDekarTheDragoon Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    I haven't heard any of Hourcast's new stuff, but if it sounds anything like Freeze or Sakkara then it should be epic-awesome.
  • dman2309dman2309 Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    SEVEN. Everyone should be voting for it!
  • ForToday777ForToday777 Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    Asking Alexandria FTW! I really hope their songs come out soon.
  • ig0tTouReTTesig0tTouReTTes Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    HEY THERE MR. BROOKS! C'mon people if Alesana won't come quicker at least we can have a song with Shawn doing vocals!
  • exploderexploder Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    the exodus dude's flaming guitar is pretty freakin' sweet it would be awesome for rock band 3
  • LedZeppTroyLedZeppTroy Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    Voted Exodus. Only one I liked. Hey There Mr Brooks and Seven sounded to whiney and emo and couldnt listen to Freakshow and not a big Tijuana Sweetheart fan.
  • Lameboy19Lameboy19 Headliner
    edited May 2010
    all of those bands fail in comparison to SDRE, respect legends yo
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited May 2010
    Looks like Sunny Day and Exodus are going to take this one.

Of course nothing is finale until about 4am friday morning, but it'll be hard for the other songs to over take these two.
  • XenigmaXenigma Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    Kinda want Exodus to win just to see what other plastic guitarists think of it. Scary stuff!
  • AjinAjin Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    Seven sounds like incredibly generic dross in my opinion, so I won't be voting for that.

Going to have to go with Exodus. Everything else is a bit naff.
  • afterstasisafterstasis Washed Up
    edited May 2010
    Ajin;3675442 said:
    Seven sounds like incredibly generic dross in my opinion, so I won't be voting for that.
    that's probably because an army of bands have been drawing influence directly from these guys since this song was released in 1994.
    edited May 2010
    Ajin;3675442 said:
    I respectfully and highly disagree with you. Seven is hugely influential and one of the biggest tracks to be seen on the RBN.
  • Fuelie79Fuelie79 Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    No Way! Seven is in!? That song will be a blast on drums!
  • JesusSilencioJesusSilencio Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    Huh. I always thought I didn't like Sunny Day Real Estate (maybe because they always get lumped with bands I don't like, and I never really gave them a chance), but Seven isn't a bad song. I agree with the the person above that the drums would be a lot of fun on Rock Band.
  • edited May 2010
    Let him enjoy his Drowning Pool.
  • prhs2057prhs2057 Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    Wish I would have voted for Hourcast since according to KingTonyx in the Judas Priest Announcement Thread said SDRE's Seven is going to take a month or more to get passed so kind of a waste adding them to the poll wouldn't you say?
  • j1mmypj1mmyp Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    Asking Alexandria would be awesome
    edited May 2010
    prhs2057;3676058 said:
    Wish I would have voted for Hourcast since according to KingTonyx in the Judas Priest Announcement Thread said SDRE's Seven is going to take a month or more to get passed so kind of a waste adding them to the poll wouldn't you say?

If a song 'wins' this thread by most votes then it goes into a review group where ten people will review it in the next week.

The normal route it could take weeks for it to get that many reviews.

That's the entire point of the review groups. To focus on a set of ten songs so it doesn't take months to get them through like in the past.

So no, I don't think it's a wasted point to add any songs to this thread.

And this is a multiple choice poll.

You could have voted for both of them if you wanted.
    edited May 2010
    Seven and Riot Act it is!

New poll will be up next Wednesday.

Thanks for voting!
  • weeyooweeyoo Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    I say Asking Alexandria. The chart looked amazing for it.
    edited May 2010
    Yes! Way to go Seven!
  • Fragory123Fragory123 Rising Star
    edited May 2010
    noble;3677776 said:
    Seven and Riot Act it is!

New poll will be up next Wednesday.

Thanks for voting!
    Woah, Riot Act got it too? Hell yeah, time for some Exodus . . . well in a month or so.
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    noble;3676415 said:
    If a song 'wins' this thread by most votes then it goes into a review group where ten people will review it in the next week.

The normal route it could take weeks for it to get that many reviews.

That's the entire point of the review groups. To focus on a set of ten songs so it doesn't take months to get them through like in the past.
    And we all should thank you for doing this :) I shall look forward to seeing Seven appear on the RBN, even though I have not heard about them before this thread. The poll, links and review group are a good thing, and I shall use these to explore new bands/groups that I would have not known about before.

Cheers :)