Flight of the Conchords: made for Rock Band?

koolwankkoolwank Opening Act
edited May 2010 in The Rock Band Network
or is it: Rock Band: Made for Flight of the Conchords?

Just got Business Time for PS3, what a great song! Can't wait for 'Most Beautiful Girl (in the Room)' and then hopefully more, like
- Robots
- Prince of Parties
- Bowie

and ofcourse
- HIPHOPOPATOMUS vs RHYMNOCEROS !!!!

Whoever is responsible for getting on this, please: get on this!!

(and HMX, please bring to PS3 as soon as possible!)

Comments

• whypick1whypick1 Headliner
    edited May 2010
    overdriveguitarman;3674374 said:
    No, I would say a band that is fun on ALL instruments would be made for rock band
    The only thing I'd add to this is that, if it's a comedy song, that there be some sort of humor actually contained within as well.
  • dman2309dman2309 Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    whypick1;3674497 said:
    The only thing I'd add to this is that, if it's a comedy song, that there be some sort of humor actually contained within as well.
    We must clearly be listening to different songs if you fail to see the humor within the FotC tracks.
  • whypick1whypick1 Headliner
    edited May 2010
    dman2309;3674512 said:
    We must clearly be listening to different songs if you fail to see the humor within the FotC tracks.
    You may confusing Flight of the Conchords with Paul and Storm, as they are both comedy duos with acoustic guitars, the only difference is P+S are actually funny. I know the FotC stuff I've listened to hasn't even so much as gotten a smirk out of me, let alone an actual laugh.
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited May 2010
    I thought "Business Time" was the weakest one outside of vocals. They should have brought ported "Demon Woman" to PS3 instead.
  • DookieManDookieMan Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    The best of the three we've gotten is definitely Most Beautiful Girl (In the Room).
  • TKSTKS Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    DookieMan;3674571 said:
    The best of the three we've gotten is definitely Most Beautiful Girl (In the Room).
    oh yeah definitely. That one is really funny, I don't really see how you can't laugh at that song either. I've introduced that song to several people that had never heard it before and they all love it and think it's hilarious. plus it is really fun on guitar at least.
  • FlawlessFlawless First Poster
    edited May 2010
    The songs of FoTC on their own may not be funny, but if you watch the show and enjoy that style of show, the songs are from it and make way more sense.
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited May 2010
    DookieMan;3674571 said:
    I agree... I feel like not only is it the best balance between being funny and being playable, it's also both the most funny and the most playable. I hope they bring more like it.
  • grim88grim88 Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    While I like the songs, the drum charts aren't too exciting, so I've yet to purchase any.
  • QuazifujiQuazifuji Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    grim88;3674818 said:
    While I like the songs, the drum charts aren't too exciting, so I've yet to purchase any.
    I actually find Demon Woman to be very fun on drums. Not spectacular, but fairly enjoyable if you enjoy the song itself (as opposed to most of the other non-vocals FotC charts, which can be kind of tiring and annoying even if you like the song). Aside from that, though, these songs definitely shine more as funny party songs that ones with good gameplay.
    whypick1;3674517 said:
    You may confusing Flight of the Conchords with Paul and Storm, as they are both comedy duos with acoustic guitars, the only difference is P+S are actually funny. I know the FotC stuff I've listened to hasn't even so much as gotten a smirk out of me, let alone an actual laugh.
    Clearly, you have a very different sense of humor from the very large number of people for find Flight of the Conchords very funny. That doesn't mean you have to go out of your way to try to insult those people.
  • Edify1Edify1 Rising Star
    edited May 2010
    Actually, it's quite possible to get the humor without watching the show. I heard every Flight of the Conchords song before I saw the episode. The only exception is I saw the episode with the Hiphopopotamus vs. Rhymenocerous, which was what first got me into them. Flight of the Conchords are hilarious, even without the videos (though the videos do add a different dimension of humor). But their humor is very dry. So if you don't appreciate dry humor, you probably won't appreciate their comedy.
  • rocker820rocker820 Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    Business Time was pretty funny imo, but the guitar chart sucked big ass
  • OsperoOspero Rising Star
    edited May 2010
    rocker820;3677328 said:
    Business Time was pretty funny imo, but the guitar chart sucked big ass
    So, so very QFT.

I really got a laugh out of The Most Beautiful Girl (In The Room), and both that one and Demon Woman are pretty fun to play, but Business Time is just a chore, right up there with Naive, Kung Fu Fighting and Time Bomb (the Rancid one, not the one by Old 97's, obviously).
  • ReverseEngineerReverseEngineer Rising Star
    edited May 2010
    grim88;3674818 said:
    this is shocking given that the band is two acoustic guitarists (or guitar + bass) typically.

I'd still download "Who Likes to Rock the Party / I Like to Rock the Party" in a second.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited May 2010
    I really hope Robots comes to RBN.

So we can finally have a binary solo.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited May 2010
    Ehfahq;3677928 said:
    I really hope Robots comes to RBN.
    Me too.
  • PlutarchPlutarch Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    My buddy introduced me to Flight of the Conchords when those tracks came to RBN. I'm glad he did...but good lord, The Most Beautiful Girl is SO difficult on vocals. Demon Woman was no picnic either, but I eventually golded that one. Business Time is cake, but pretty damn hilarious.
  • LibertineStripesLibertineStripes Rising Star
    edited May 2010
    It would be awesome if they put up "Cheer Up Murray", just so everyone could sing the ginger balls line.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited May 2010
    Yeah, I didn't think "Most Beautiful Girl" would be that hard just listening to it...then I realized all of the different things he does with his voice.

Haven't tried "Business Time" on vocals...but it sounds like it's mostly talkies with a few pitched parts. Should be a lot of fun.
  • dman2309dman2309 Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    T-Hybrid;3677957 said:
    Yeah, I didn't think "Most Beautiful Girl" would be that hard just listening to it...then I realized all of the different things he does with his voice.

Haven't tried "Business Time" on vocals...but it sounds like it's mostly talkies with a few pitched parts. Should be a lot of fun.
    As a vocalist primarily, I can without a doubt say "The Most Beautiful Girl (In The Room)" was one of THE toughest FCs I've ever gotten. This is also coming from a person who knew of and loved this song way before it was ever announced for RB. It is tough. I don't know why it wasn't put into the impossible tier because it completely deserves it.
  • Edify1Edify1 Rising Star
    edited May 2010
    dman2309;3679184 said:
    As a vocalist primarily, I can without a doubt say "The Most Beautiful Girl (In The Room)" was one of THE toughest FCs I've ever gotten. This is also coming from a person who knew of and loved this song way before it was ever announced for RB. It is tough. I don't know why it wasn't put into the impossible tier because it completely deserves it.
    Personally, I think a lot of RBN songs were undertiered, or just not tiered properly.
  • EVIL DAVEEVIL DAVE Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    Here's hoping for future FotC tracks to be released to the RBN. From what I can tell based on the amount of people I've talked to, the songs have been fairly successful, so hopefully SubPop (that's their label, no?) will push to have more content released.

My ideal future 3-pack would be "Robots", "Inner City Pressure" (seems like it'd be fun to sing), and either "Think About It" or "Ladies of the World".
  • bradjfowlerbradjfowler Rising Star
    edited May 2010
    The lyrics are fantastic and I was stoked when I saw the download, but the version of Business Time they had on there was waaaaaay too slow and not fun to play at all...
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited May 2010
    EVIL DAVE;3680222 said:
    My ideal future 3-pack would be "Robots", "Inner City Pressure" (seems like it'd be fun to sing), and either "Think About It" or "Ladies of the World".
    Think About It keeps getting stuck in my head, such a brilliant song.
  • DookieManDookieMan Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    To be honest, I see them as something more than a comedy band. Sure, their songs are funny, but, I think they make great music besides that. And, to me, just the subtle humor in them really adds to it. The Most Beautiful Girl (In The Room) is a pretty funny song, but I honestly think it's just a good SONG. Sure, the humor definitely adds to it, but I've always loved their vocals and their guitar work, humor aside.

And yes, their songs are very challenging on vocals.

LuigiHann I think it was said something about that song mentioned above that it was the most playable and funniest. Another song I think would fit that description very well is Ladies of the World, which I find to be one of their best.

Think About It also. Another song that I find to be simply a good song.

I'm not too fond of Robots. I first saw it in a live performance, which is about ten times more badass than the studio version. A lot more pure, and different lines that I thought were funnier. This live version is one of their best songs, but the studio version I barely like. I seem to prefer their songs that use less effects and more pure music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGoi1MSGu64
  • Fragory123Fragory123 Rising Star
    edited May 2010
    EVIL DAVE;3680222 said:
    Here's hoping for future FotC tracks to be released to the RBN. From what I can tell based on the amount of people I've talked to, the songs have been fairly successful, so hopefully SubPop (that's their label, no?) will push to have more content released.

I'd want the same 3-pack, though the last song could be either of those two or "Cheer Up Murray" but "Robots" and "Inner City Pressure" are a must.
  • JBurtonJBurton Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    Sugalumps or Too Many Dick's On the Dance Floor... lolol

The songs are funny when you watch the show. For example, Leggy Blonde isnt that funny unless you watch the show because he cant write a song for her. Which probably explains the "I had a budgy but it died. I like pie." line in Leggy Blonde... Haha... FotC has no reason not to put up more songs. Im sure they are a top seller...
  • Add-Rock44Add-Rock44 Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    "You Don't Have To Be A Prostitute" would be a very nice follow up to "Roxanne".

"We're Both In Love With A Sexy Lady" would be awesome on harmonized vocals!

I'd like to see the second three-pack consist of maybe...:
    "Carol Brown", "If You're Into It", "Bowie" (preferably a live version with harmonies), "I Told You I Was Freaky" or "Boom".