5/11/10 DLC Discussion - Judas Priest's British Steel Album (Live)

KariodudeKariodude Road Warrior
edited May 2010 in Rock Band
HMXHenry;3677955 said:
Hey gang,

As many of you saw on MetalUnderground.com yesterday, we announced that next week we'll be releasing all of Judas Priest's classic metal album British Steel. These tracks are live recordings taken from their 2009 tour, where Rob Halford and co. proved that, even after 30 years, they've still got the goods. Dig in, enjoy, and keep posted for the RBN DLC announcements at 11am.

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation 3 system (May 11):

“Breaking the Law (Live)” +
“Rapid Fire (Live)” +
“Metal Gods (Live)”
“Grinder (Live)” +
“United (Live)” +
“Living After Midnight (Live)”
“You Don’t Have to Be Old to Be Wise (Live)”
“The Rage (Live)” +
“Steeler (Live)” +

(All tracks are original master recordings)

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation 3 May 12)

These tracks will be available for purchase as “British Steel 30th Anniversary,” as well as individual tracks on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system, and as individual tracks only on Wii. Tracks marked with “+” are also available for download in the family-friendly LEGO® Rock Band Music Store.

Price:

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per track

$14.99, £7.49 UK, €10.99 EU (1200 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for “British Steel 30th Anniversary”

$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per track

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

To discuss this DLC please visit the official discussion thread in Community's Greatest Hits.

For all DLC song credits and other juicy details you can check out The Music page.

And for awesome background information on this content you can head on over to the Rock Band 'Zine for brand new articles!
:)

Comments

• DarkEternal37DarkEternal37 Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    I love the Priest we have, but a full CD of live tracks isn't really something that I'll get excited about. Good thing we have RBN.
  • KariodudeKariodude Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    Dragonheart1991;3675822 said:
    Live tracks?

Fail
    That's why I shuddered.
  • gunstarheroes777gunstarheroes777 Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    I knew that would be the first thing posted. Anyways, for the record, its British Steel, for the 30th Ann., all live tracks, doesn't say when or where.
  • ahunter5ahunter5 Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    meh. Here's hoping for various singles in addition to this. Otherwise, the no-dlc streak will continue for me.
  • SteverXiiiSteverXiii Rising Star
    edited May 2010
    Breaking teh law breakin teh law!!!
    edited May 2010
    gunstarheroes777;3675827 said:
    I knew that would be the first thing posted. Anyways, for the record, its British Steel, for the 30th Ann., all live tracks, doesn't say when or where.
    It specifically says in the article that it's coming to Rock Band on May 11.
  • folkeyefolkeye Headliner
    edited May 2010
    Hmph... my curiosity and interest in tomorrow has been lost. Unless there's more we don't know about. I was so hoping my 3.5 months of lack of regular DLC was going to break for good. (been nit picky and got few the past couple weeks, but nothing exciting).
  • Alvarado6411Alvarado6411 Dethbringer
    edited May 2010
    :D....:o...:/

LIVE TRACKS!? They better be from the 80's *shakes fist*
    rt footage of the 16-song set from the 2009 British Steel tour
    2009 tour!? ;_______; DAMN MAN, this is all your guys fault who are all up on live tracks. I hope they're good...
  • BonE74MeBonE74Me Rising Star
    edited May 2010
    Might just cherry pick a couple of these. I would've downloaded the entire album if they weren't live tracks. I guess we'll wait and see, but thus far the "live" JP material has been pretty meh.

Feh.
  • LORDJUJULORDJUJU Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    Yes!!! This is excellent news.
  • edited May 2010
    Amazon has previews of the re-issue. My guess would be that the live tracks come from the bonus disc of the deluxe version, which sound pretty good to me.
  • JglaubmanJglaubman Headliner
    edited May 2010
    Breaking the Law (Live) *
    Rapid Fire (Live) *
    Metal Gods (Live)
    Grinder (Live) *
    United (Live) *
    Living After Midnight (Live)
    You Don’t Have to Be Old to Be Wise (Live)
    The Rage (Live) *
    Steeler (Live) *

In case you're too lazy to click the link.
  • FlawlessFlawless First Poster
    edited May 2010
    Bleh, I'll have to listen to them, but chances are it's a strike out again :d
  • Doom878Doom878 Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    EDIT: Was this what Henry's tweet was about?

Hopefully the quality is as good as Maiden's.
  • RealMessiahRealMessiah Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    What is with the disdain over live tracks around here?

Is it because they are not the radio version people are used to?
  • DekieonDekieon Rising Star
    edited May 2010
    If these track were original studio recordings I would buy the whole album without a second though, but because they are live I think I will just cherry pick my favorites of the album.

Anyone know if there is any place I can get a preview of these live songs?
  • EcclesRoseEcclesRose Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    RealMessiah;3675868 said:
    What is with the disdain over live tracks around here?

Is it because they are not the radio version people are used to?
    The Living after Midnight version we're presumably getting is faster than the original. I dislike this.
  • XygnusXygnus Rising Star
    edited May 2010
    Ugh. I'd prefer other stuff from JP... Like the Painkiller album. THAT METAL MELTDOWN.
  • Dragonheart1991Dragonheart1991 Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    Though, the poll when it comes up, "What are you buying", option "EVERYTHING" will be a sure fire for me.

Live would dampen it but hey...it's Judas Priest.
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited May 2010
    the problem with live tracks is that people aren't always 100% on, so as a singer you've got to mess up on purpose for example
  • DookieManDookieMan Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    I've been wanting Breaking the Law and Living After Midnight, but will probably pass because they are live.
    edited May 2010
    Live tracks are a gamble, sometimes they can sound awesome and sometimes not. It depends on the band and since Rob Halford has aged his voice has as well so they might not be as good but we shall see.
    edited May 2010
    Alvarado6411;3675889 said:
    Live tracks are a gamble, sometimes they can sound awesome and sometimes not. It depends on the band and since Rob Halford has aged his voice has as well so they might not be as good but we shall see.
    I dunno man. Eat Me Alive seemed pretty awesome sounding.
  • Die-Guitar-HeroDie-Guitar-Hero Rising Star
    edited May 2010
    2009 Live tracks from a bonus disc to a reissue! Awesome!
    edited May 2010
    Dragonheart1991;3675893 said:
    I dunno man. Eat Me Alive seemed pretty awesome sounding.
    I know, so maybe this might not be so bad. Might as well put the album on the ol turntable to prepare myself for next week. :)
    edited May 2010
    Went ahead and added a poll. 9 tracks means no "everything" option, so I guess you'll have to click 9 times.
  • A New Pyro FoolA New Pyro Fool Forum Comedian
    edited May 2010
    I've seen Judas Priest live before, and I must say that Breaking the Law was INCREDIBLE live. However, this was in 2008 for the Nostradamus tour.

I hope that the 2009 version is just as fantastic.
  • mrpoopsymrpoopsy Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    Id rather have the studio tracks.....

I dont mind live singles but live track packs just kill me because that means no studio of that song.
  • V4VendettaV4Vendetta Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    Breaking the law is a boring song. Hopefully a live version would be spicier.
    edited May 2010
    v4vendetta;3675919 said:
    breaking the law is a boring song. Hopefully a live version would be spicier.
    what?!
This discussion has been closed.