5/11/10 DLC Discussion - Judas Priest's British Steel Album (Live)

Comments

• Dragonheart1991Dragonheart1991 Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    v4vendetta;3675919 said:
    breaking the law is a boring song. Hopefully a live version would be spicier.
    what?!
  • edited May 2010
  • AbeotroidAbeotroid Rising Star
    edited May 2010
    I need to get points.

I'LL NOT HAVE ALL THE JUDAS TRACKS IF I DON'T.
  • MartijnTPMartijnTP Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    Woohoo!!

... for RBN to bring some decent tracks next week. (Seven , hopefully :-D)
  • Baanu_RassBaanu_Rass Headliner
    edited May 2010
    Breaking the Law is family friendly. lulz
    DookieMan;3675886 said:
    I've been wanting Breaking the Law and Living After Midnight, but will probably pass because they are live.
    This.
  • KariodudeKariodude Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    I can understand when we get Live tracks because the studio originals aren't available, but this seems to be a choice Harmonix made. The British Steel tracks are obviously intact since the whole thing was remastered back in 2001 and more than likely polished a bit for the re-release next week.
  • sociald1077sociald1077 Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    Breaking the Law and Living After Midnight are 2 tracks that are definitely better live than recorded, so I'll be getting them, the others I need to listen to.
  • DekieonDekieon Rising Star
    edited May 2010
    mrpoopsy;3675913 said:
    Id rather have the studio tracks.....

I dont mind live singles but live track packs just kill me because that means no studio of that song.
    I agree. I wouldn't mind live tracks so much, if it meant that someday we will get the studio version. However, so far we have never gotten a studio version of a live song that was already in Rock Band.
  • V4VendettaV4Vendetta Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    Kariodude;3675934 said:
    I can understand when we get Live tracks because the studio originals aren't available, but this seems to be a choice Harmonix made. The British Steel tracks are obviously intact since the whole thing was remastered back in 2001 and more than likely polished a bit for the re-release next week.
    HMX likes to save money, be frugal, or budget their spending a.k.a cheap tight wads.
  • RegulusRegulus Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    Eww.... Judas Priest is crap... live Judas is even worse... I hope there'll be singles.
  • Alvarado6411Alvarado6411 Dethbringer
    edited May 2010
    I would like to know WHY we couldn't get the original masters. Was it Columbias decision, Judas Priests, HMX?

Answers we will probably never get.....
  • General Lein979General Lein979 Headliner
    edited May 2010
    Kariodude;3675934 said:
    Cheaper and hmx thought they sounded good enough to go with them instead of the studio. Similar to our Thin Lizzy Live, Tom Petty Live, etc.
  • caspian88caspian88 Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    My first thought was the original version of Unleashed in the East, without the bonus tracks, and I nearly died of happiness.

Unfortunately I just don't like British Steel that much. I'll probably buy a couple songs - Steeler, Rapid Fire, Breaking the Law - but that's it, as the rest of the album just doesn't click with me.
    edited May 2010
    Regulus;3675945 said:
    Eww.... Judas Priest is crap... live Judas is even worse... I hope there'll be singles.
    And why?
  • Doom878Doom878 Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    LMAO @ cheapwads comment
  • benginobengino Rising Star
    edited May 2010
    I won't be getting any of it next week for 2 reasons. Reason 1 is the fact the tracks are live. Reason 2 is i'm simply not a big enough fan of Judas Priest to consider adding anymore to it, besides, they already have 13 tracks in the game, i'm sure there was plenty of other metal/hair band popular from the 80's that could have been considered, but meh.
  • BT67BT67 Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    Alvarado6411;3675889 said:
    Live tracks are a gamble, sometimes they can sound awesome and sometimes not. It depends on the band and since Rob Halford has aged his voice has as well so they might not be as good but we shall see.
    I just listened to the live tracks (thanks for the link Lex), and the above is the problem for me Halford voice just isn't what I'm used to you (was in HS when this released) so I may only get Breaking the Law and Living After Midnight and even that is iffy, but if this was the studio versions I would of bought the whole album. Oh well what can we do.

Here is the link to the samples of the songs that Lex posted
    http://www.amazon.com/British-Steel-Anniversary-Judas-Priest/dp/B003AYPMBU
  • Ramirez16Ramirez16 Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    Alvarado6411;3675947 said:
    I would like to know WHY we couldn't get the original masters. Was it Columbias decision, Judas Priests, HMX?

Answers we will probably never get.....
    I wonder the same. Promos for a live release next is one thing but they are reissuing the original studio album it's not a sole live release. Maybe they don't have the proper masters even though there's something for "Hell Bent for Leather".
  • meck77meck77 Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    win win

Priest live is pretty good. I would say there live music is better than most bands
  • lvmathemagicianlvmathemagician Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    Uggh. I saw them live last summer. They sucked.
  • vedisvedis Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    Ive seen them live, I loved them live
    the other 2 songs i mainly wanted for them for parties are in this pack.

i think i shall call it win
  • DekieonDekieon Rising Star
    edited May 2010
    well I just went and listened to the 4 songs I was gonna cherry pick, and I must say.....yuck. Rob sounds out of breath on all 4 songs, the struments are far louder then the vocals, and on one song, rob stops singing, and the crowd is singing the lines instead. I wish I could go change my vote to nothing.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited May 2010
    I picked none, but then I realised the inner Beavis and Butthead fan in me must have 'Breaking the law'
    V4Vendetta;3675942 said:
    HMX likes to save money, be frugal, or budget their spending a.k.a cheap tight wads.
    I dont know how you come to this conclusion knowing absolutely NOTHING about the inner workings of HMX.
  • BuRn7 CaK3BuRn7 CaK3 Banned
    edited May 2010
    I voted none simply because I'm not a huge fan or barely a fan of Judas.

Congrats to the people who do like/love JP enough to get the songs!
    edited May 2010
    V4Vendetta;3675942 said:
    Riiiiiiight.

One band, The Beatles. See how much HMX spent creating their game.
  • TKSTKS Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    Why the heck does it have to be live. Judas Priest isn't that good live. That live pack we already have is one of my biggest regrets and it's just because they're crappy live versions of songs that I love the studio version of. Since it's the same band I'm assuming it'll be the same here.
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited May 2010
    MartijnTP;3675928 said:
    Woohoo!!

... for RBN to bring some decent tracks next week. (Seven , hopefully :-D)
    You've got a month minimum to wait for those SDRE tracks I would say. Probably longer.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited May 2010
    Gross, old people metal. Hopefully there's an 00s single or two in the mix as well
  • doughnut18doughnut18 Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    It's Priest, i'll nab the lot!!
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited May 2010
    I've not been too impressed with the YouTube vids of "Living After Midnight" I just checked out :(

He seems to let the audience sing a LOT, including the whole chorus sometimes... which makes for a fun live show but I hope the RB track is not like that.
This discussion has been closed.