Jun Senoue Hopes For Songs on RBN

Dragonheart1991Dragonheart1991 Road Warrior
edited May 2010 in The Rock Band Network
http://www.sonicstadium.org/articles/the-jun-senoue-interview-part-3
T-Bird: BlueHedgehog25 asks are you planning on having any Crush 40 or similar songs featuring on the Rock Band Network?

Jun: I’m hoping that we can have some Crush 40 songs on Rock Band in the near future.
After hearing that Crush 40 songs might not make it to the RBN, Jun saying that he hopes to have songs might be the opener the playtester needs.

Comments

• TheOzoneTheOzone Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    NOW he talks?

Ok, looks like I'm going to go and send him an email about this...
  • DeNiceDeNice Unsigned
    edited May 2010
    For the love of God I hope this opens the door to Crush 40 to get into RB via the Network. If any Sonic tracks make their way to RB I swear I'll condone HMX as the best music game company of all time (they already won me over with freaking Ayreon, Symphony X, and the countless, countless epic wins they have under their belt with the Rock Band series).

Wasn't Crush 40 part of the first bands that were to debut in RBN before? I guess they had to go through some heavy licensing issues with Sega or something in order to do business with HMX? I don't quite know how all that works out as a whole.
    edited May 2010
    DeNice;3676720 said:
    Wasn't Crush 40 part of the first bands that were to debut in RBN before? I guess they had to go through some heavy licensing issues with Sega or something in order to do business with HMX? I don't quite know how all that works out as a whole.
    Yeah, we had a verbal agreement with Jun. Then licensing issues I do not want to go into detail publicly about occurred and he disappeared (aka we lost contact with him).

I have no clue what has changed now, hence why I'm going to go have a word with him and get this settled.
  • ZhaneBXZhaneBX Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    That would be sweet. I hope you can make it possible. That was one of the bands i was looking forward the most in the beginning of RBN. :D
  • weirdphilweirdphil Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    /WANTNAO!!!!

This now seems more likely to happen than any Um Jammer Lammy songs popping up on Rock Band. Granted, having music from Sonic Adventure in here would make me feel as goofy as I did playing the Halo theme on GH3, this is something I am very interested in hearing more about. :D

I can see it now...

Jun - "Can we put our music in Rock Band?"
    SEGA - "MMMmmmmm..... yes, BUT! - Only if the peer reviewers pass the Billy Hatcher Theme... then we'll consider it..."
  • EviladeUKEviladeUK Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    One of the bands I've wanted since the beggining actually, they're fairly amazing for a band from a video game. Lets just hope Sega aren't like Disney no?
  • A New Pyro FoolA New Pyro Fool Forum Comedian
    edited May 2010
    Ozone, thanks for being one of the most (if not the most) proactive authoring groups in RBN and bringing great music to the platform. Whether or not Jun can work out a deal with you, it's nice to know that someone is putting forth great effort to get a highly requested band into the game.
    edited May 2010
    A New Pyro Fool;3680743 said:
    Ozone, thanks for being one of the most (if not the most) proactive authoring groups in RBN and bringing great music to the platform. Whether or not Jun can work out a deal with you, it's nice to know that someone is putting forth great effort to get a highly requested band into the game.
    Thank you very much, and I'm glad to hear enjoying what I do. Keeps me going.

I've been working on a lot of deals for months and months (Crush 40 included) and it's an insane amount of time and effort. It's additionally hard with other authors with lots of connections (WaveGroup) and ones with tons of people working for them (RockGamer and RhythmAuthors). A little-known fact is that Ozone's a one-man operation. Everything from the PR to every element of the authoring to the negotions to the new Web site being developed is all one person. So it truly means a lot to hear positive feedback and I'll continue to work at bringing out the best to the RBN.

And if anything happens with Jun, I'll keep you guys posted. So far, I've gotten nothing. I'm afraid that interview may have been wishful thinking on his part.