Death Quota for Purification = Hardest guitar song?

DrThirteenDrThirteen Opening Act
edited May 2010 in The Rock Band Network
It is the only song I cant pass.

So what do you guys think is Death Quota for Purification by The Myriad Burial the hardest song for guitar?

Comments

• toymachineSHtoymachineSH Headliner
    edited May 2010
    Yes and the hardest song on bass
  • SomethingWithPeachesSomethingWithPeaches Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    yes I can't pass this one song on expert guitar and i've played every devilhead guitar track so I think it's the hardest expert guitar song (not death quota, but this one song)
  • XenigmaXenigma Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    Hardest to pass guitar part, without a doubt. Bass is more arguable, but I'd still peg it as the hardest, as well as the hardest band overall. I can't comment on the drums.
  • st4t1c v01dst4t1c v01d Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    I disagree. I passed it on my second try. I think it is the hardest song to FC for sure but Satch Boogie is way harder to pass in my opinion :-)

Make no mistake Death Quota is absolute brainmelting insanity, but I think Satch Boogie is harder because the solo is so long and the pattern so hard to figure out.
  • DrThirteenDrThirteen Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    st4t1c v01d;3679029 said:
    I disagree. I passed it on my second try. I think it is the hardest song to FC for sure but Satch Boogie is way harder to pass in my opinion :-)

Make no mistake Death Quota is absolute brainmelting insanity, but I think Satch Boogie is harder because the solo is so long and the pattern so hard to figure out.
    I just slide all 5 buttons as fast as I can and hope for the best when I play Satch Boogie.
    And it usually works.... but DQfP has this one part with three chords and then a blue-orange-blue thing which I cant hit at all.
  • KariodudeKariodude Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    What's the BPM for this song? Anyone know?
  • XinZXinZ Rising Star
    edited May 2010
    This one is pretty rough. I'd put it up there, but I'm not sure exactly how I'd rank it.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    st4t1c v01d;3679029 said:

Outside of a blast section not nearly as hard as "Visions", this song is pretty easy on drums. I 5*'d it on my second run through.
    edited May 2010
    After checking the song out a bit, it looks like the bpm tops out at about 150bpm with you playing 24th notes. That's pretty intense.

That being said, I can now say with complete confidence that it won't be the hardest song for long.
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    Kariodude;3680902 said:
    After checking the song out a bit, it looks like the bpm tops out at about 150bpm with you playing 24th notes. That's pretty intense.

That being said, I can now say with complete confidence that it won't be the hardest song for long.
    Ah, got something really wild in pipeline, huh? Just hope it's within limits, we had to cut down Magician's outro because 32nds at 120BPM was apparently more than the game can handle.
    edited May 2010
    What do you mean by more than the game can handle?
  • --terrorisly--terrorisly Rising Star
    edited May 2010
    Death Quota is pretty much insane on guitar. I really like the chart-- Fun in its own twisted sort of way.

I'm happy to have passed it first try on guitar :) (wasn't really a sightread because I saw the chart on youtube to check it out before I bought it >_>)
    edited May 2010
    Kariodude;3680951 said:
    What do you mean by more than the game can handle?
    Well, not the game, but the hardware. I think the guitars can only strum about 14nps or something like that. I've used 75ms between strummed notes as the upper limit, I think you can go faster but after that it's really shaky. I know there's a thread somewhere on the Creators Club forum about it that Mister_Game commented on.

When it comes to sweeps and trills, though, you have a lot more leeway. I think you can hit 20nps if they're all ho/po.

EDIT: did the math, and it looks like 24th strumming at 150BPM is right on the cusp. It should be physically possible but ludicrously hard.
    edited May 2010
    So things faster than that aren't being allowed? Even though Harmonix has released official DLC that goes above the strum limit?
  • QuazifujiQuazifuji Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    Kariodude;3681647 said:
    So things faster than that aren't being allowed? Even though Harmonix has released official DLC that goes above the strum limit?
    Harmonix has broken many current charting rules in the past, often because the rules in question didn't exist at the time (and the songs the broke them often inspired the rules to be put into place). They've pretty much stopped releasing official DLC that goes above the strum limit (at least for long enough bursts of strumming - They'll put out something like Guns of Summer, but not something like Crawl). There's no point really, since hitting it is just unreasonably difficult and not really fun for anyone. It's kind of like charting buzz rolls on drums. It's technically possible to hit, but so ludicrously hard due to hardware or software limitations (I'm not sure which, specifically, is the problem with fast strumming) that it becomes unfun even for incredibly skilled challenge-seekers.
    edited May 2010
    There was DLC in December that had a long string of strumming faster than the strum limit. Since that time I can't think of any songs that COULD have strumming that fast, so they haven't really stopped. They just haven't had any music since then that needed to be charted that fast. Just seems weird that people would prefer a song to be easy instead of accurate.
  • Tomstar42Tomstar42 Rising Star
    edited May 2010
    I can agree, for me it is the hardest guitar song out there. I've passed every devil-tiered song (and Constant Motion) there is apart from this one. I failed around 15 - 20% in where you get those chords and weird hopo things. I got through that section in the red, then I was met by a giant wall of skittles, which led to immediate fail lol.
  • jimburyjimbury Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    can't say i agree this is the hardest bass song, i passed 2nd try once i'd figured out how to hoard od to get past the crazy section.

as far as guitar goes no idea, i can't get past 20%
    edited May 2010
    Kariodude;3681812 said:
    There was DLC in December that had a long string of strumming faster than the strum limit. Since that time I can't think of any songs that COULD have strumming that fast, so they haven't really stopped. They just haven't had any music since then that needed to be charted that fast. Just seems weird that people would prefer a song to be easy instead of accurate.
    I'm just saying, there is a point where a song gets so fast as to be physically unplayable, so it's worth being aware of.
  • edited May 2010
    That looks pretty fun on bass. And guitar is definitely something for the challenge seekers out there.

I don't know if I would qualify it as THE hardest song out there just because there are plenty of overdrive opportunities between the worst parts. It definitely belongs in the discussion though.
  • BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited May 2010
    jimbury;3682444 said:
    can't say i agree this is the hardest bass song, i passed 2nd try once i'd figured out how to hoard od to get past the crazy section.

as far as guitar goes no idea, i can't get past 20%
    What would you say is the hardest bass song then?
  • jimburyjimbury Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    BohemianMatt;3683275 said:
    What would you say is the hardest bass song then?
    i realise its subjective but its rude mood for me, i still can't finish it, yet i can do it on guitar. its the only song so far i can't do on bass
  • WerttyWertty Rising Star
    edited May 2010
    There's nothing really back-breakingly hard in the song except for the last solo maybe, so I wouldn't quite say it's the absolute hardest, but Everything in it's still higher up in difficulty above alot of other songs.
    I'd say satch boogie's probably harder still though.
    edited May 2010
    Yeah, after seeing the video for DQfP, it's definitely not as hard as Satch Boogie.
  • cjmoore8991cjmoore8991 Banned
    edited May 2010
    Easy song is not hard.
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited May 2010
    Kariodude;3681812 said:
    There was DLC in December that had a long string of strumming faster than the strum limit.
    Green Day's East Jesus Nowhere I think.
    edited May 2010
    Bront20;3685351 said:
    Green Day's East Jesus Nowhere I think.
    That's 24ths at 150BPM, which is the upper limit of strumming.
  • drudindrudin Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    24th's at 150! CRAP! My wrist hurts from reading that.
    Have you tried "Redemption" by Andy Timmons? It's a beast
    edited May 2010
    One of the songs I'm working on right now has 24ths at 175BPM. A majority of them are hopos though.
  • SystemSCSnakeSystemSCSnake Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    I'd like to see Danny (GuitarHeroPhenom a.k.a. the guy who FC's impossible songs for fun) FC THIS!

The next day...