RBN New Release Thread 2.0

Comments

• T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited May 2010
    braves22;3688017 said:
    Are there any chart listed (culturally popular) songs being thrown out soon?
    I think Creed, Seether, and Evanescence have songs that have been in and out of testing recently.
  • RM-225RM-225 Rising Star
    edited May 2010
    k-mac;3688047 said:
    Though Bald Mountain sounded very MIDI-like, this one sounds more normal (of course, they should sound MIDI-like since there are no real instruments, hence FAUXharmonic).
    I think the reason that people think Night on Bald Mountain is MIDI-like is because the lead instrument seems to be a harpsichord which has a MIDI-like sound anyway. If you listen to the other instruments it sounds like a natural sounding orchestra.

At least, that's my inference.
  • Casto21Casto21 Rock and Roll Statistician
    edited May 2010
    RM-225;3688145 said:
    I think the reason that people think Night on Bald Mountain is MIDI-like is because the lead instrument seems to be a harpsichord which has a MIDI-like sound anyway. If you listen to the other instruments it sounds like a natural sounding orchestra.

At least, that's my inference.
    I believe the guitar is playing the violin at the start of the song, which people think sounds midi like. Either way, the rest of the instruments sounds traditionally orchestral. Most of the other ones have a more pure orchestra sound to them, like the Brahms and Beethoven.
  • TehShrikeTehShrike Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    T-Hybrid;3686272 said:
    The only thing I don't like there is if a song has multiple version it puts BOTH up there. Which could cause some problems as time goes on.
    The link on the right will be the most recent one. If the song has been officially released, you can always click the link to the song's page, and click the link to buy from there, as well.
  • Rock_StarmanRock_Starman Headliner
    edited May 2010
    Hungarian Dance No 5?

The new single again? I wanted the classic,beloved,well known Hungarian Dance No 3. :( Everyone knows that one! Enough of this new stuff.
  • JoshVanHalen87JoshVanHalen87 Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    Hungarian Dance No. 5 its F... epic :D
    edited May 2010
    Um, I was playing the Hungarian dance demo....did anybody else notice that at one point it has you hold down a yellow sustain and the next note is a hammer-on to yellow?
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    T-Hybrid;3688838 said:
    Um, I was playing the Hungarian dance demo....did anybody else notice that at one point it has you hold down a yellow sustain and the next note is a hammer-on to yellow?
    Things like this have occurred numerous times already. I honestly don't know why so many songs are having this issue. It happened on "HTML Rulez D00d" on bass and guitar on "Redemption" among others I don't remember.
  • Casto21Casto21 Rock and Roll Statistician
    edited May 2010
    T-Hybrid;3688838 said:
    It's a RB bug, there is normal DLC and even at least one on disc song that has it (Bodhisattva).
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited May 2010
    T-Hybrid;3688838 said:

Watch the solo

It mimics the idea of finger-tapping

In fact, there's some new Harmonix DLC that had a tapping, only theirs wasn't intentional :D if I remember, it was one of the new No Doubt that went red-yellow then yellow-blue, then yellow-blue hopo, when the last two should have been reversed
    edited May 2010
    Another interesting one:
    Original demo of "Last Train"

However I noticed in the new version the bass and guitar are switched

Any particular reason?
  • broncosfan06broncosfan06 Debbie Downer
    edited May 2010
    Two new songs just approved

Bang Camaro - Swallow The Razor
    A'tris - Automatic Doors

cant find links just yet, but more Bang Camaro is always a good thing
  • sonicnerd23sonicnerd23 Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    broncosfan06;3688954 said:

A'tris - Automatic Doors

Hell yeah, more Bang Camaro.
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited May 2010
    T-Hybrid;3688898 said:
    Another interesting one:
    Original demo of "Last Train"

However I noticed in the new version the bass and guitar are switched

Any particular reason?
    Several commenters (and playtesters too, apparently, since they changed it) pointed out that while both instruments are synths and thus neither is a real guitar or bass, the synth that they originally charted to guitar was just playing a rhythm part, and the synth they had charted to bass, while simpler overall, had meedly solo bits, so it made more sense to switch the parts. Apparently somebody agreed
  • zack10housezack10house Road Warrior
    edited May 2010

A'tris - Automatic Doors

Hell yes!

Hell-bent, hell-bent for liquor!

:p that song has such a simple but cool riff. First time I heard it I whipped out my guitar and started working out the notes right away
  • GDVPlayerGDVPlayer Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    bjyaritz;3686155 said:
    Me too "T" and the heck with everyone else.
    Same I like Creed and Nickelback, and dont give a **** either way.
  • omghaxomghax Unsigned
    edited May 2010
    Aw, saw somebody mention the song "Last Train" and got excited for some old-school Lostprophets... Nothing against the Parry Grip song, just got my hopes up lol..
  • jimburyjimbury Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    that solo in swallow the razor is pretty brutal
  • Starfleet_RamboStarfleet_Rambo Headliner
    edited May 2010
    Schweeet!

I'm ready for moar Bang Camaro.
  • madcapmattmadcapmatt Road Warrior
    edited May 2010

A'tris - Automatic Doors

GuitarGuruXXX;3689337 said:
    just for the people to lazy to open his thread
  • HMXMister_GameHMXMister_Game Harmonix Developer
    edited May 2010
    Store Update: May 13th

Song Title - Artist
    Light Of Day - a t o m
    Automatic Doors - a'tris
    Swallow the Razor - Bang Camaro
    Don't Feel Like That Anymore - Johnny Cooper
    Chemical Infatuation - Like A Storm
    Rock Your Socks Off - Midnight Ocelot
    Night on Bald Mountain (Mussorgsky) - Paul Henry Smith & The Fauxharmonic Orchestra
    Hungarian Dance No. 5 (Brahms) - Paul Henry Smith & The Fauxharmonic Orchestra
    Wrong Side of the Sky - Rose of Jericho

We also pushed a store update today. You will notice an "All Songs" category at the bottom of the main menu. This is exactly what you expect: every song in the store in one list. This is an experiment to test the feasibility of adding one very large list. Please be aware that selecting this menu may lead to a long load time.*

Other changes include:
    1. "Song Name" replaces "Title" as a more understandable menu entry.
    2. We moved "Song Name" to the top, since that's what people mostly search for.
    3. Songs are now marked as "Unrated" until they accumulate a minimum number of ratings.

Why do we do these things? Because we love and respect you.

* Estimated time to a thread complaining that the "All Songs" menu item takes forever to load: 4 hours.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited May 2010
    Lot of good songs in today's update.

I urge everyone to check out the classical stuff, a'tris, and Like a storm tracks.

Not that the rest aren't awesome as well ;)
  • striderblackstriderblack Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    Sweeeet. Are the classical tunes 80 msp or 160?
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited May 2010
    I'm pretty sure they are 80.

But not 100% on that.
  • kitlerckitlerc Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    Yay updates out the wazhoo! As per usual, I will preview everything on RBN.

Except for Bang Camaro, I've already purchased that. ^^
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    noble;3689756 said:
    I'm pretty sure they are 80.

But not 100% on that.
    They are both 80.

I am 100% sure. ;)
  • JoshVanHalen87JoshVanHalen87 Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    awesome, thanx for the update HMXMister_Game.
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    <3. Songs are now marked as "Unrated" until they accumulate a minimum number of ratings.>
    Best part of the update!
  • zack10housezack10house Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    cant decide whether or not to get Hungarian Dance, but I just downloaded Night On Bald Mountain and Swallow The Razor :) 110 points left. I'll probably wait a week or so before I spend em
  • Lord_MhoramLord_Mhoram Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    Song Title - Artist
    Light Of Day - a t o m
    Automatic Doors - a'tris
    Swallow the Razor - Bang Camaro
    Don't Feel Like That Anymore - Johnny Cooper
    Chemical Infatuation - Like A Storm
    Rock Your Socks Off - Midnight Ocelot
    Night on Bald Mountain (Mussorgsky) - Paul Henry Smith & The Fauxharmonic Orchestra
    Hungarian Dance No. 5 (Brahms) - Paul Henry Smith & The Fauxharmonic Orchestra
    Wrong Side of the Sky - Rose of Jericho

This is the best freaking day of RBN since launch. I've been waiting for the Fauxharmonic, a Bang Camaro song... and I loved every other song enough to buy (I try and liimit myself, for money reasons, to about 1/3 of what comes out). Not a single dud in that entire list (at least for me and the wife).

Woohoo!