RBN New Release Thread 2.0

Comments

• fauxharmonicfauxharmonic Unsigned
    edited May 2010
    Well, I saw that some of you would like to see Ode to Joy (from Beethoven's 9th). To do it, we'll have to get the choir into the studio, which we'll do if it seems enough people would buy it. It would be 80 pts, since all our songs are.

Let me know.

And let me know if you'd sing it in the original German. And would you want the baritone solo at the beginning, or just start at the "chorus?"

While you're at it, you might as well tell us if there is anything else you'd REALLY like to see from the classical world (Ride of the Valkyries, Beethoven's 5th, Bach Brandenburg Concertos ... anything published before 1923 is possible.).

Thanks ... And thanks for downloading and playing our charts. We listen to you guys, so we'll be making adjustments regarding "midi-esque" sounds, leaving notes uncharted, etc.

Cheers.

- Paul Henry Smith
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited May 2010
    Ride of the valkyries would be awesome.

So would nutcraker, (but I don't know the legalities of that one :) )
  • Fragory123Fragory123 Rising Star
    edited May 2010
    Well I for one would totally buy anything the Fauxharmonic Orchestra puts out. I love the three tracks you have out now.
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited May 2010
    "Ode To Joy" would be awesome

I don't know many classical pieces by name honestly but I would probably buy all of them!
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited May 2010
    kingtonyx;3697621 said:
    "Ode To Joy" would be awesome

I don't know many classical pieces by name honestly but I would probably buy all of them!

That's my problem as well.

I know a lot of classical music by ear, I just don't know their proper names:confused:

But I'd buy it regardless just to support the branching out into untapped areas.
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    fauxharmonic;3697605 said:
    Well, I saw that some of you would like to see Ode to Joy (from Beethoven's 9th). To do it, we'll have to get the choir into the studio, which we'll do if it seems enough people would buy it. It would be 80 pts, since all our songs are.

Let me know.

And let me know if you'd sing it in the original German. And would you want the baritone solo at the beginning, or just start at the "chorus?"

While you're at it, you might as well tell us if there is anything else you'd REALLY like to see from the classical world (Ride of the Valkyries, Beethoven's 5th, Bach Brandenburg Concertos ... anything published before 1923 is possible.).

Thanks ... And thanks for downloading and playing our charts. We listen to you guys, so we'll be making adjustments regarding "midi-esque" sounds, leaving notes uncharted, etc.

Cheers.

- Paul Henry Smith
    If you do get the chorus in, you may have to go with an English rendition. German isn't one of the listed supported languages for RBN. You may be able to talk to Harmonix about it but definitely square that away before committing.

I would focus on the most popular segments (and, to that end, I'd throw in a vote for Ride of the Valkyries). People are coming into your tracks because they're pieces that they know, so it makes sense to foster that familiarity.

And I'd just like to say, one author to another, I'm really glad you've been doing this. It's been a great way to get people into the store in the first place, which is a big part of the challenge. (Sure, some people balk at it, but some just have to see it for themselves.)
  • dmbdawdmbdaw Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    Strauss - Blue Danube

This would be cool!
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited May 2010
    I would LOVE Ode to Joy, especially if you can convey that booming energy that it has. Also, from there, my brain jumps to the Hallelujah Chorus from Handel's Messiah, although I don't know if there'd be as much demand for that one.

The last parts of the William Tell Overture could be a lot of fun, maybe just a bit of the Ranz des Vaches to serve as an intro, but mostly the recognizable and energetic Finale portion, it's easy to imagine that in Rock Band.

Ride of the Valkyries and Beethoven's 5th would both be great. I'd also get a kick out of Richard Strauss's Also sprach Zarathustra.

My pet favorite classical song is Mozart's Sonata for Two Pianos in D major, but I don't know how well that would translate, since I don't think the charting standards would allow for guitar and bass to be charted to two equally complex piano parts, but if you could do that it'd be pretty cool. I also don't think it's quite as well-known as some of the other pieces mentioned here.
  • gunner07gunner07 Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    Loving the Fauxharmonic songs up so far. Ode To Joy would be a wonderful addition. I'd say keep the solo at the start, it helps build up the intensity of the song.

As for suggestions, I'd love to see Gustav Holst's Planets suite be brought over, especially Mars and Jupiter. Can't go wrong with Bach (Air and Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring specifically) or Mozart (Symphony No. 40 and Leck mich im Arsch would both be good) either. And lest we forget that no classical music request would be complete without Canon in D.

Keep up the good work, though!
  • Die-Guitar-HeroDie-Guitar-Hero Rising Star
    edited May 2010
    Oh my god, if you include that Baritone solo I will have gone full circle. I thought I was escaping my classical vocal past with Rock Band! If your Baritone doesn't sound like Fischer-Diskau with the Berlin Phil under Ferenc Fricsay, then I'll be disappointed! But seriously, I don't even know where to start for requests! How about Tchaikovsky's symphonies 4 and 6 finales! For the 4th, you can go as con fuoco as Mravisnky does with Leningrad Phil!! And the Adagio lamentoso from the 6th is really just one of the most beautiful pieces of all time.

Oh, you should probably do Sabre Dance for the kiddies.
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited May 2010
    gunner07;3697968 said:
    Canon in D.
    Man how did I forget that one... I would really love JerryC's Canon Rock, but something more traditional would be fun too.
  • S1ckH4ndsS1ckH4nds YouTube Guru
    edited May 2010
    Hey Paul,

If I could make a request, I'd really love to see Mussorgsky's "Pictures at an Exhibition", specifically Movement no. 9 (The Hut of Baba-Yaga) -- it's one of the most powerful classical pieces that comes to mind for me, and I think it would be extremely interesting to play. I'd love to see your take on it!
  • JoshuaB81285JoshuaB81285 Road Warrior
    edited May 2010

Cheers.

- Paul Henry Smith
    Beethoven's "Moonlight Sonata"!!
  • jimburyjimbury Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    carmina burana by carl orff, anything from carmen by bizet, romeo and juliet (specifically montagues and capulets) by prokofiev

actually, how long have you got? i could go on, holst, dvorzak and thats without even getting to rodrigo or paganini or the guitar specific stuff.

and most definitely this:- http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8227019062398605553#
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited May 2010
  • vitamins999vitamins999 Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    Yeah, Moonlight Sonata. Presto Agitato would be ridiculous (for those that aren't aware, that's the music that plays over the last level in Earthworm Jim 2).

Also, I'm not sure if it's in the works or not, but Toccata and Fugue seems like an obvious suggestion.
  • Bob McGintyBob McGinty Unsigned
    edited May 2010
    Not had a chance to try any of the Fauxharmonic songs that are already out, but I think it sounds like a great idea. I'd love to see "Ride of the Valkyries", "Carmina Burana" and, especially, "In the Hall of the Mountain King".

Off the Fauxharmonic topic, does anybody know when to expect the Twin Atlantic songs that have been announced? I understand that we're not allowed to go into too much detail about what stage of the process songs are in, but it'd be great to know whether to expect them soon or not.
  • kitlerckitlerc Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    I feel that requests for specific classical translations to rock band should have it's own thread. (Don't we have a classical thread already?...)

Can't wait to see what's released for today!
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited May 2010
    kitlerc;3698299 said:
    I feel that requests for specific classical translations to rock band should have it's own thread. (Don't we have a classical thread already?...)
    Yeah...it'd be nice to move discussion there. Personally I'm not a huge fan of the classical stuff and would rather this thread stay on track with updated song releases and perhaps quick initial comments about how they play.
  • HMXMister_GameHMXMister_Game Harmonix Developer
    edited May 2010
    Store Update: May 17th

Song Title - Artist
    Walls - All Time Low
    India - Circus Circus
    We're Not Getting Any Younger - Color Theory
    Til I'm Gone - Kristin Dare
    The Great Plains - Scale the Summit
  • EaglesBecomeVulturesEaglesBecomeVultures Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    Man, these Circus Circus songs are awesome. And anyone that wants a really fun drum track grab "Knifeman" by the Bronx.
  • overdriveguitarmanoverdriveguitarman The Walrus
    edited May 2010
    Yes Knifeman is excellent, I really like The Bronx. Circus Circus did not disappoint either! Personally I think India was actually better than the other song that was already released! (both were great on drums)
  • TKSTKS Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    http://error420.com/rbn/ says that bra off party on by Thunderdikk is up now for 80 points. You can hear it on their myspace if you haven't already. http://www.myspace.com/thunderdikk .
  • FizzelerFizzeler Washed Up
    edited May 2010
    Awesome STS and my favorite song from that album :)

Definitely an instant buy for me
  • Gab_84Gab_84 Unsigned
    edited May 2010
    Anyone knows something about "Stick & Stones" from Tijuana Sweetheart? I hope this song will be released soon on the RBN...
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    "Tastes Like Kevin Bacon" by iwrestledabearonce has been approved.
  • SkodeSkode Headliner
    edited May 2010
    HMXMister_Game;3698426 said:
    We're Not Getting Any Younger - Color Theory
    More Color Theory... i may have to check the Demo on this as i liked the first song
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    DragoonXD;3699464 said:
    "Tastes Like Kevin Bacon" by iwrestledabearonce has been approved.
    Full
  • Coltfan1223Coltfan1223 Rising Star
    edited May 2010
    sweet! more all time low. I am going to have to check out "Tastes Like Kevin Bacon". I've heard of iwrestledabearonce, and they seem to be of my taste.
  • overdriveguitarmanoverdriveguitarman The Walrus
    edited May 2010
    Hey coltfan just wondering are you more into the Ronnie Radke era or Craig?

I like both "eras" personally but I prefer Ronnie because his voice is nice and "There's No Sympathy For the Dead" is an amazing song!