Exploited & Exposed

RealMessiahRealMessiah Road Warrior
edited May 2010 in The Rock Band Network
Is this a joke? Did I really just get four stars on an FC with no overdrive remaining? (Bass)

Is this one of the songs that had multiple versions out there and perhaps I just have a broken one?

Comments

• DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    No. There are some official DLC songs even that you can't get five or gold stars on because of the amount of notes and overdrive activations, etc.
  • RealMessiahRealMessiah Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    DragoonXD;3682295 said:
    No. There are some official DLC songs even that you can't get five or gold stars on because of the amount of notes and overdrive activations, etc.
    Ah. I have only recently started playing through songs on bass and this was actually the second strange one I came across recently. Though, with the other one, I was able to get five but it was pretty obvious that Gold was not possible.

I just don't remember a song that could not be five starred on guitar and that is what I am used to. Oh well. I actually think I could five star the subject song with a slight change to path, but not much more than that.
  • weirdphilweirdphil Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    The drum chart was pretty boring. I haven't tried the bass yet.

RBN - Exploited and Exposed - Drums - FC
  • jimburyjimbury Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    not the most interesting charts i'll grant you but what a beautiful song, its nice to play and just enjoy the song rather than concentrating on intricate fingerwork sometimes and this tune fits the bill perfectly
  • Groudon199Groudon199 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
    edited May 2010
    5* cutoff is around 26851. I just got 26787 with the best path I could find. Unless someone pulls off a crazy squeeze on one of the first 2 activations, it looks like this song is just barely un-5*able.
  • MagnetMagnet Moderator
    edited May 2010
    You can get absurdly close, but I think it may be impossible to five-star the song on bass.
  • dmbdawdmbdaw Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    Other song that comes to mind is Polly on drums. Just 200 points.
  • FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited May 2010
    Man, playing that song feels like I'm mindlessly drifting in space with the moon in the close background.

But, yeah. Don't get your hopes up 5 starring this song on bass.
  • taylorleetaylorlee Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    I hope this song sells well.

Songs that are good musically but rather simplistic to play within the scope of the game are such fragile creatures. I'd like to see more of that supported, lest the RBN be flooded by death metal bands with devil-heads everything except for vocals.

Song was a breath of fresh air, although it's disappointing that it cannot be five starred on bass. At least Rock Band 2 fails at showing bass scores/stars anyways, so it's not a decidedly trackable issue yet.
  • mogwaimonmogwaimon Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    taylorlee;3695982 said:
    I hope this song sells well.

Songs that are good musically but rather simplistic to play within the scope of the game are such fragile creatures. I'd like to see more of that supported, lest the RBN be flooded by death metal bands with devil-heads everything except for vocals.

Song was a breath of fresh air, although it's disappointing that it cannot be five starred on bass. At least Rock Band 2 fails at showing bass scores/stars anyways, so it's not a decidedly trackable issue yet.
    You know, I agree. I love my death metal and intricate fretwork, but sometimes I don't feel like blistering me fingers and just wanna get lost in the music. I find a lot of the RB1 songs are good for it...and in RBN You're A Wolf - Sea Wolf and Midnight Ride - Midnight Riders are go tos for me. I will have to try this track too...
  • taylorleetaylorlee Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    mogwaimon;3696273 said:
    You know, I agree. I love my death metal and intricate fretwork, but sometimes I don't feel like blistering me fingers and just wanna get lost in the music. I find a lot of the RB1 songs are good for it...and in RBN You're A Wolf - Sea Wolf and Midnight Ride - Midnight Riders are go tos for me. I will have to try this track too...
    Both this track, Summertime Rolls and Up The Beach (Jane's Addiction), and Oceans and Release (Pearl Jam) are really great atmospheric tunes that are easy enough to play when you're half-asleep and just want to listen to something more melodic.

In fact, aside from Ocean Size, those two are the only Jane's Addiction songs I've picked up. I have an affinity for quiet and easy songs in the game.
  • dmbdawdmbdaw Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    The Funeral is like that too. Mellowing out is a good thing...glad I'm not alone.
  • OsperoOspero Rising Star
    edited May 2010
    dmbdaw;3697909 said:
    The Funeral is like that too. Mellowing out is a good thing...glad I'm not alone.
    Agreed with all of the above posters. I love playing challenging songs, make no mistake, but every once in a while, something catchy and/or atmospheric is refreshing. Exploited and Exposed, the Full-Source songs or (for regular DLC) Sister Europe come to mind - hypnotic songs, usually with no great difficulty. (And no, I usually don't buy Death Metal songs or Metalcore. I need to be able to bring myself to listen to the song, otherwise it's not fun for me. /rant)

But I also agree that not being able to five-star a song on an instrument is pretty weird. Another case of "no love for the bass man" (or woman, lest anyone think me sexist ;) ), perhaps? Then again, there simply are songs that don't translate well to a particular instrument.
  • mogwaimonmogwaimon Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    Not all death metal has those growls and gurgling, though. I prefer melodic death metal which has more clean vocals than growls, usually. Think along the lines of Dethklok, Children of Bodom...also Scar Symmetry does a great job of mixing growls with clean vocals....

Anyways, back on topic. I also like Sex on Fire and My Hero - Foo Fighters for chilling. I also agree on Sister Europe, song is good but I rarely play it. I haven't tried Taylorlee's tracks but I shall tomorrow.

Oh, and don't forget, TBRB is good for mellow, as well. Specifically the post boy band songs when they're in the studio. Within You Without You Tomorrow Never Knows is particularly good...
  • jimburyjimbury Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    taylorlee;3697461 said:
    Both this track, Summertime Rolls and Up The Beach (Jane's Addiction), and Oceans and Release (Pearl Jam) are really great atmospheric tunes that are easy enough to play when you're half-asleep and just want to listen to something more melodic.

In fact, aside from Ocean Size, those two are the only Jane's Addiction songs I've picked up. I have an affinity for quiet and easy songs in the game.
    summertime rolls is one of my favourite tunes ever, i was so pleased it came to rock band.

my go to track for chilling is linger by the cranberries, its got enough going on to keep you awake but its oh so lovely to listen to, honorable mention for naked eye by luscious jackson too, great tune, not hard.