PS3 song preview

icantwaitforrockbandicantwaitforrockband Opening Act
edited May 2011 in The Rock Band Network
Tried searching but couldn't find the answer...

Is it just me or is there no way to preview the RBN songs like in the regular music store?

Is this just a PS3 thing?

Thanks...

Comments

• GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    edited May 2010
    Ah, so they do know about it. Thanks for those quotes from HMXHenry... no doubt buried in another thread somewhere.

Yeah, it's weird. We didn't get any of the May 5th tracks. We only got 3 tracks in the first week of the RBN on the PS3. In the second week we got 2. The following week we got 5, and last week we got 4. That makes up the 14. So there's still 6 missing. Hopefully they'll come through with this weeks 5, but I doubt they'll give us 11 in one week. Surely that'd make SCEE's heads explode. I just want the Mayday Parade one... and i'll bet you anything they'll give us everything except for that one!
  • TomsushiTomsushi Unsigned
    edited May 2010
    I'll add that I don't even have a preview function on my RBN. I have the US 20GB ps3 if that helps any.
    Graffin;3698078 said:
    Ah, so they do know about it. Thanks for those quotes from HMXHenry... no doubt buried in another thread somewhere.

Yeah, it's weird. We didn't get any of the May 5th tracks. We only got 3 tracks in the first week of the RBN on the PS3. In the second week we got 2. The following week we got 5, and last week we got 4. That makes up the 14. So there's still 6 missing. Hopefully they'll come through with this weeks 5, but I doubt they'll give us 11 in one week. Surely that'd make SCEE's heads explode. I just want the Mayday Parade one... and i'll bet you anything they'll give us everything except for that one!

Sorry to hear that dude not to gloat or anything I have all those tracks.
  • aggiesrul8aggiesrul8 Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    Anyone in North America, I was just wondering if these were up yet and if the preview works?? Thanks!!
  • silentknellsilentknell Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    aggiesrul8;3701125 said:
    Anyone in North America, I was just wondering if these were up yet and if the preview works?? Thanks!!
    Yes, the songs are out, but sadly the preview still doesn't seem to be working yet (at least on mine.)
  • libregkdlibregkd Rising Star
    edited May 2010
    Not working here either.
    edited May 2010
    ^ ^

I just got home not too long ago and it's not work for me either. Oh well, maybe next week....
  • Jerry1 Jerry1 Unsigned
    edited May 2010
    If you guys are speaking of the audio preview it has been working just fine for. If this helps i have the fat 40 gig version and i'm in the U.S.
    edited May 2010
    Happy to say that all 25 songs that have been released so far on the PS3 RBN are now up (i'm in Australia).

The menus have changed a bit, but everything works (including the song previews).

The new ALL SONGS bit makes browsing a lot easier since it looks and works just like the regular RB Store. Great work HMX!
  • Infested StingerInfested Stinger Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    Um, Canada 80GB old ps3, previews are a no go still.
    edited May 2010
    Just interested in why we are posting how large of a hard drive we have?? ;)

Still a no go for me as well this afternoon in the Central US.... Hopefully we will get it all sorted out next weekend.
    edited May 2010
    aggiesrul8;3703447 said:
    Mostly just to know what model PS3 you have. Not the actaully HDD size. For example I have a 80GB BC model but I currently have a 320GB HDD inside.
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited May 2010
    aggiesrul8;3703447 said:

Still a no go for me as well this afternoon in the Central US.... Hopefully we will get it all sorted out next weekend.
    Because as the leap-year bug showed, there is a difference between slim and fat PS3s.

No previews here in the US. I'd have sworn they were there about 3 weeks ago, but I must have been delirious.
    edited May 2010
    I've got an 80Gb phat PS3 (so I too was hit by that weird leap year, but not really a leap year bug), but am thinking of putting a 500Gb HDD in it.

Perhaps the problem's been fixed for AU/EU/UK users???

Who knows... i'm just happy to have gotten Mayday Parade for $2.45AUD and Apples In Stereo for $1.30AUD last night.
    edited May 2010
    ^ Yeah; I think the problem has been solved for PAL users for awhile now.
  • jdbrashjdbrash Unsigned
    edited May 2010
    Im in the U.S., still no previews for me. I have the 40gb ps3. Not really a big deal to me, just glad i'm not the only one and good to hear their working on it.
  • SoratarSoratar Scapegoat
    edited May 2010
    I hope that this gets fixed soon. Not being able to preview tracks is annoying.
  • BROSEPH951BROSEPH951 Unsigned
    edited May 2010
    I have the 80GB Big PS3 and there is no option for preview for me in the RBN store...like there is no button that says preview i just get purchase and something else...would really like to know if the issue will get resolved soon
    edited May 2010
    Still not working :/

I'm fine with waiting for a fix (its not that the audio preview is a vital feature) but it shouldn't be taking this long, right?
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited May 2010
    libregkd;3716035 said:
    Still not working :/

I'm fine with waiting for a fix (its not that the audio preview is a vital feature) but it shouldn't be taking this long, right?
    The confusion is that it works in Europe, and at least one US PS3 member here has claimed it's worked here. Heck, I thought I saw them one day, but I wasn't looking for them so I'm not sure.
  • Jsod420Jsod420 Unsigned
    edited May 2010
    me im from Canada, Quebec and i have a account US and my audio preview dont work and my music store is not update still 4 or 5 month wtf ??? The music store is update on RB1 but not on RB2 ????
  • AyarAyar Unsigned
    edited May 2010
    [CENTER]disappointed fan
    prognostic glimpse of music
    evades yet my ears
    [/CENTER]

Because all expressions of support need should be in haiku.
  • jaygradyjaygrady Rising Star
    edited May 2010
    US user and I don't get any previews either.
    edited June 2010
    Doesn't appear to be fixed as of yesterday either??? Anybody else still having problems???
  • SmugpugpupSmugpugpup Unsigned
    edited June 2010
    aggiesrul8;3731279 said:
    Doesn't appear to be fixed as of yesterday either??? Anybody else still having problems???
    I still can't preview them either,never could...I try to check often but nothing seems to have changed besides being able to view all the songs.
    edited June 2010
    HMXMister_Game;3689892 said:
    We have a fix for this working in our QA environments. With luck, this will be fixed for next week's RBN store update.

This post contains forward looking statements whose accuracy may be affected by market conditions, network outages, programmer illness and/or family commitments, acts of God, sunspots, and dogs with bees in their mouths and when they bark they shoot bees from their mouths. Basically, it probably will happen but maybe not.
    Just wondering if we had any new developments in this process?
  • silentknellsilentknell Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    I sent a message to HMXMister_Game's inbox last Sunday, hoping he would give us a quick update or at least an acknowledgement that they already know that some of us with PS3 US accounts still don't have previews for RBN. If he doesn't reply soon, I'll go ahead and message HMXHenry again to see if he can help us out on the matter.
  • MF-PO'dMF-PO'd Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    I find it hard to believe they still haven't added previews. Most of the RBN artists are relatively unknown, so how are people supposed to make purchasing decisions? I've personally only bought 2-3 songs because I knew of them. I'm sure if the previews were working, I'd probably have purchased a few more. I'm not inclined enough to go looking for them all on the Internet ahead of time.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    Ayar;3721979 said:
    [CENTER]disappointed fan
    prognostic glimpse of music
    evades yet my ears
    [/CENTER]

Because all expressions of support need should be in haiku.
    I will not conform.
    To the standard of haiku.
    Never will I do.
  • AyarAyar Unsigned
    edited June 2010
    [CENTER]week elapsed again
    still no preview to review
    status, Harmonix?[/CENTER]

C'mon. This is a bummer! 30-some songs I've never heard of that I may happily fork over cash for, if only I knew what they sounded like.
  • jawillroyjawillroy Rising Star
    edited June 2010
    [CENTER]this artist would surely
    offer many preview links
    PS3? Alas...[/CENTER]