PS3 song preview

icantwaitforrockbandicantwaitforrockband Opening Act
edited May 2011 in The Rock Band Network
Tried searching but couldn't find the answer...

Is it just me or is there no way to preview the RBN songs like in the regular music store?

Is this just a PS3 thing?

Thanks...

Comments

• aggiesrul8aggiesrul8 Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    I haven't had the option to preview any of the RBN songs on my PS3 since it went live.....

Like silent was saying, I was under the assumption that this was being taken care of. I would just like HMX to know that at least myself, do not have the option to preview songs on the RBN.
  • silentknellsilentknell Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    I just messaged HMXHenry, and asked him if he can give us any information on this matter, and directed him to this thread. It's really strange that some people have it, and others don't. If it was a EU vs US problem, I'd understand it, but apparently that's not it, as shown by wesjett08's post.

Can other US PS3 owners chip in this thread, and let us know if their RBN Preview Function is working or not, as well as any other information that could help us determine what may be causing some of us to not have the Preview Function available?
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited May 2010
    wesjett08;3687667 said:
    I do indeed, 40GB PS3 also.

Previews have worked correctly since the first week.
    Ok, now that's just odd. They didn't exist into week 2 for me. I haven't turned Rock Band on in about a week, so I haven't been able to check lately, but several other people have said it's been working since last week Friday.
  • libregkdlibregkd Rising Star
    edited May 2010
    I still have no preview function; US user.

I'm not to worried though; I have youtube for right now.
  • bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    edited May 2010
    No previews for me either, in Canada (I suspect it's the same as US issues).
  • HMXMister_GameHMXMister_Game Harmonix Developer
    edited May 2010
    We have a fix for this working in our QA environments. With luck, this will be fixed for next week's RBN store update.

This post contains forward looking statements whose accuracy may be affected by market conditions, network outages, programmer illness and/or family commitments, acts of God, sunspots, and dogs with bees in their mouths and when they bark they shoot bees from their mouths. Basically, it probably will happen but maybe not.
  • folkeyefolkeye Headliner
    edited May 2010
    HMXMister_Game;3689892 said:
    We have a fix for this working in our QA environments. With luck, this will be fixed for next week's RBN store update.

This post contains forward looking statements whose accuracy may be affected by market conditions, network outages, programmer illness and/or family commitments, acts of God, sunspots, and dogs with bees in their mouths and when they bark they shoot bees from their mouths. Basically, it probably will happen but maybe not.
    Thats a good thing to know :) Along the lines of that... will any updates every rearrange the store so we can see the 'new releases' instead of having to figure out what alphabetical menu to scroll through? Especially if the song/artists is forgotten since the last romp on the computer.
    edited May 2010
    Thanks for the update!
    edited May 2010

Were any animals harmed in the making of this post? How about the patch?
  • AyarAyar Unsigned
    edited May 2010
    Alas... just checked RBN preview functionality on my PS3 (Slim, US) and it is not working. (But I went ahead and bought Bodies... awesome!)

[Edit: Oh, next week probably meant NEXT week. Not quite awake yet, I guess...]
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    edited May 2010
    I'm in Australia... the RBN Store has been up for a week or so (which is great).

First question is... why do you have to exit the regular Music Store in Rock Band 2 to get the option of going into the Rock Band Network Music Store?

The previews work, but...

If I go to Browse, it tells me there are a total of 30 songs for Artist, Author, Country, etc.

Harmonix Picks shows zero.

If I select Top 50, Highest Rated Songs, it indicates there are supposed to be 15 songs there. If I click on it, only 10 songs are shown.

If I select Top 50, Newest Songs, it indicates there are supposed to be 30 songs there. If I click on it, the 10 songs from the Highest Rated list are there plus 4 more appear under a "Not Yet Rated" category.

That makes a total of 14 songs. The AU (and UK) PSN Store also shows only 14 songs for the RBN... shouldn't it be 20 or 30?

What happened to these songs from May 5th?

Band Of Skulls - I Know What I Am
    Drowning Pool - Bodies
    Lacuna Coil - Survive
    Stroke 9 - Little Black Back Pack '09
    Third Eye Blind - Semi-Charmed Life '09

And also this one from last week...

Mayday Parade - When I Get Home You're So Dead

If I try and browse for any of these in the RBN Store, I get an error saying "No Rock Band Music Store data found." and that it may be due to parental restrictions (i've already got 3 RBN tracks and there's no parental lock set on my PS3), and when I click on Continue it returns me back to the Music Store options (Rock Band Music Store or Rock Band Network).

I hope it's fixed soon.
    edited May 2010
    Graffin;3696703 said:
    First question is... why do you have to exit the regular Music Store in Rock Band 2 to get the option of going into the Rock Band Network Music Store?
    I don't know why HMX did it this way, but I prefer having different music stores since RBN songs aren't charted by HMX, but by different authoring groups.
    Graffin;3696703 said:
    If I go to Browse, it tells me there are a total of 30 songs for Artist, Author, Country, etc.
    30 songs thing seems to be glitch. Even the US version has the 30-songs glitch despite the fact that as of today, there should only be 20 songs in the US. Doesn't really matter though, and is probably unrelated to why the EU (and I guess Australia) is behind in number of songs they have. Also is a fun way to try and figure out which are the 10 invisible songs.
    Graffin;3696703 said:
    What happened to these songs from May 5th?

Band Of Skulls - I Know What I Am
    Drowning Pool - Bodies
    Lacuna Coil - Survive
    Stroke 9 - Little Black Back Pack '09
    Third Eye Blind - Semi-Charmed Life '09
    This is what HMXHenry told us on May 6th:
    HMXHenry;3676567 said:
    You definitely do deserve an answer. Unfortunately, I didn't have any new info to pass along until today. Our Audio Team has been working with SCEE to iron out the RBN submission process and things should balance out in the coming weeks.

The five tracks initially scheduled to come out on 5/5 should now come out on 5/19. Nearly all of the tracks scheduled for 5/12 should be released on 5/12 as planned. The tracks scheduled for 5/19 should come out as intended, along with the tracks initially scheduled for 5/5. The only question mark I have left is the remaining 3 songs that were scheduled to come out on 4/29 (only 2 of those 5 came out this week).

Once I know where those live in the schedule I will keep you updated. But for now we should be looking at 4 or 5 songs on 5/12, 10 tracks on 5/19 and 5 songs on 5/26, with the remaining 3 from 4/29 fitting in there somewhere.

This roll out may change depending on SCEE's flexibility in correcting the release schedule, but I'll post new info as soon as I hear anything regarding these tracks. Thanks so much for your patience, we really appreciate it.
    He later further explained:
    HMXHenry;3678068 said:
    No licensing issues, just pipeline / submission miscommunications. When things don't go as expected the first time around, resubmissions can take several weeks to clear (which is why the 5/5 tracks got moved to 5/19). Resolutions don't come as quickly as any of us would like, by virtue of the fact that syncing up internationally is usually more problematic than syncing up with US based partners. But hopefully we should get the schedule straight and have the US and EU releases on the same page.
    edited May 2010
    Ah, so they do know about it. Thanks for those quotes from HMXHenry... no doubt buried in another thread somewhere.

Yeah, it's weird. We didn't get any of the May 5th tracks. We only got 3 tracks in the first week of the RBN on the PS3. In the second week we got 2. The following week we got 5, and last week we got 4. That makes up the 14. So there's still 6 missing. Hopefully they'll come through with this weeks 5, but I doubt they'll give us 11 in one week. Surely that'd make SCEE's heads explode. I just want the Mayday Parade one... and i'll bet you anything they'll give us everything except for that one!
  • TomsushiTomsushi Unsigned
    edited May 2010
    I'll add that I don't even have a preview function on my RBN. I have the US 20GB ps3 if that helps any.
    Graffin;3698078 said:
    Ah, so they do know about it. Thanks for those quotes from HMXHenry... no doubt buried in another thread somewhere.

Yeah, it's weird. We didn't get any of the May 5th tracks. We only got 3 tracks in the first week of the RBN on the PS3. In the second week we got 2. The following week we got 5, and last week we got 4. That makes up the 14. So there's still 6 missing. Hopefully they'll come through with this weeks 5, but I doubt they'll give us 11 in one week. Surely that'd make SCEE's heads explode. I just want the Mayday Parade one... and i'll bet you anything they'll give us everything except for that one!

Sorry to hear that dude not to gloat or anything I have all those tracks.
    edited May 2010
    Anyone in North America, I was just wondering if these were up yet and if the preview works?? Thanks!!
    edited May 2010
    aggiesrul8;3701125 said:
    Anyone in North America, I was just wondering if these were up yet and if the preview works?? Thanks!!
    Yes, the songs are out, but sadly the preview still doesn't seem to be working yet (at least on mine.)
    edited May 2010
    Not working here either.
    edited May 2010
    ^ ^

I just got home not too long ago and it's not work for me either. Oh well, maybe next week....
  • Jerry1 Jerry1 Unsigned
    edited May 2010
    If you guys are speaking of the audio preview it has been working just fine for. If this helps i have the fat 40 gig version and i'm in the U.S.
    edited May 2010
    Happy to say that all 25 songs that have been released so far on the PS3 RBN are now up (i'm in Australia).

The menus have changed a bit, but everything works (including the song previews).

The new ALL SONGS bit makes browsing a lot easier since it looks and works just like the regular RB Store. Great work HMX!
  • Infested StingerInfested Stinger Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    Um, Canada 80GB old ps3, previews are a no go still.
    edited May 2010
    Just interested in why we are posting how large of a hard drive we have?? ;)

Still a no go for me as well this afternoon in the Central US.... Hopefully we will get it all sorted out next weekend.
    edited May 2010
    aggiesrul8;3703447 said:
    Mostly just to know what model PS3 you have. Not the actaully HDD size. For example I have a 80GB BC model but I currently have a 320GB HDD inside.
    edited May 2010
    aggiesrul8;3703447 said:

Still a no go for me as well this afternoon in the Central US.... Hopefully we will get it all sorted out next weekend.
    Because as the leap-year bug showed, there is a difference between slim and fat PS3s.

No previews here in the US. I'd have sworn they were there about 3 weeks ago, but I must have been delirious.
    edited May 2010
    I've got an 80Gb phat PS3 (so I too was hit by that weird leap year, but not really a leap year bug), but am thinking of putting a 500Gb HDD in it.

Perhaps the problem's been fixed for AU/EU/UK users???

Who knows... i'm just happy to have gotten Mayday Parade for $2.45AUD and Apples In Stereo for $1.30AUD last night.
    edited May 2010
    ^ Yeah; I think the problem has been solved for PAL users for awhile now.
  • jdbrashjdbrash Unsigned
    edited May 2010
    Im in the U.S., still no previews for me. I have the 40gb ps3. Not really a big deal to me, just glad i'm not the only one and good to hear their working on it.
  • SoratarSoratar Scapegoat
    edited May 2010
    I hope that this gets fixed soon. Not being able to preview tracks is annoying.
  • BROSEPH951BROSEPH951 Unsigned
    edited May 2010
    I have the 80GB Big PS3 and there is no option for preview for me in the RBN store...like there is no button that says preview i just get purchase and something else...would really like to know if the issue will get resolved soon
    edited May 2010
    Still not working :/

I'm fine with waiting for a fix (its not that the audio preview is a vital feature) but it shouldn't be taking this long, right?