Comments

  • deevineh8treddeevineh8tred Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    prog NEEDS Opeth...just saying

    ...nice list so far by the way, the death and black metal lists especially
  • FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited May 2010
    Lack of industrial metal, glam metal and nu-metal (You might not like it, but It's important), and I can't believe I'm saying this, but, too much power metal. I really hope you are going to include doom metal in your next update.

    I feel that Budgie and Mercyful Fate are staples in metal setlists considering how they contributed, so maybe consider adding them.

    Otherwise, not a bad start.
  • RommelRommel Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    Great list. Although it could use some thrash metal like Megadeth, Slayer, Testament, Kreator etc.
  • PlasmaShockPlasmaShock Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    FlyGuyLXI;3683271 said:
    Lack of industrial metal, glam metal and nu-metal (You might not like it, but It's important), and I can't believe I'm saying this, but, too much power metal. I really hope you are going to include doom metal in your next update.

    I feel that Budgie and Mercyful Fate are staples in metal setlists considering how they contributed, so maybe consider adding them.

    Otherwise, not a bad start.
    Actually, he has a good amount of Power Metal. Especially the tracks he listed aren't worse than decent at the least.

    I think this is a good setlist so far.
  • caspian88caspian88 Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    I want to say that I really, really like this setlist so far. I would buy it as is.

    Satan's Fall is actually released under the name Mercyful Fate, not King Diamond, so you might want to change that. Very minor issue, of course.

    I'm not sure Jewel Throne is the best possible Celtic Frost song - it gets kind of repetitive for me. Maybe The Usurper or Necromantical Screams? A Fine Day to Die also might have this problem - maybe Dies Irae or Pace 'Till Death?

    Maybe add a few more black metal songs - say a symphonic black metal song (Emperor seems to be the most obvious choice) and maybe something from France, with its fairly substantial scene?

    Pour Some Sugar on Me might be better labeled hair metal. Again, very minor.

    I do think you really need a Swedish death metal song, maybe two. Hopefully that doesn't make the death metal section too large.

    I'm unsure about including Blind Guardian, Iced Earth, and Demons and Wizards. I don't know if its a problem, but something to consider.

    The "stage" for Call of the Wintermoon needs to just be the video. No characters playing the song - just the video.

    This is an excellent start and I look forward to seeing the rest!
  • deevineh8treddeevineh8tred Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    maybe add some agalloch? start a dark metal genre? not very defined though so agalloch would go into..uh...progressive?..no black...no doom...no folk...see the problem? haha
  • rockthelotusrockthelotus Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    caspian88;3683896 said:
    I want to say that I really, really like this setlist so far. I would buy it as is.

    Satan's Fall is actually released under the name Mercyful Fate, not King Diamond, so you might want to change that. Very minor issue, of course.

    I'm not sure Jewel Throne is the best possible Celtic Frost song - it gets kind of repetitive for me. Maybe The Usurper or Necromantical Screams? A Fine Day to Die also might have this problem - maybe Dies Irae or Pace 'Till Death?

    Maybe add a few more black metal songs - say a symphonic black metal song (Emperor seems to be the most obvious choice) and maybe something from France, with its fairly substantial scene?

    Pour Some Sugar on Me might be better labeled hair metal. Again, very minor.

    I do think you really need a Swedish death metal song, maybe two. Hopefully that doesn't make the death metal section too large.

    I'm unsure about including Blind Guardian, Iced Earth, and Demons and Wizards. I don't know if its a problem, but something to consider.

    The "stage" for Call of the Wintermoon needs to just be the video. No characters playing the song - just the video.

    This is an excellent start and I look forward to seeing the rest!
    Yeah, I accidentally wrote King Diamond instead of Mercyful Fate, but that is an easy mistake.

    Black Metal isn't something I listen to that much of, so I'll take any recommendation of a band.
    After listening to The Usurper I think that its a much better choice, I still like A Fine Day To Die as a Bathory choice, though.
    I don't listen to any Emperor, so please give me your best choice.

    I don't know why I decided to put Pour Some Sugar on Me in Classic Metal, fixed.

    I actually have 3 Swedish Death Metal songs: At The Gates, In Flames, and Soilwork.

    Blind Guardian and Iced Earth have completely different styles, so I'll keep them but I don't really think I need Demons & Wizards.

    Yes, the music video should be the stage for Call Of The Wintermoon, as it is so hilarious.
    FlyGuyLXI;3683271 said:
    Lack of industrial metal, glam metal and nu-metal (You might not like it, but It's important), and I can't believe I'm saying this, but, too much power metal. I really hope you are going to include doom metal in your next update.

    I feel that Budgie and Mercyful Fate are staples in metal setlists considering how they contributed, so maybe consider adding them.

    Otherwise, not a bad start.
    I guess I'll have to put it more industrial, glam/hair and nu-metal even though I don't really like them.
    Theres never something as too much power metal ;)
    Doom Metal isn't something I listen to, so please give me some suggestions.
    Budgie has been added and I had a Mercyful Fate song but I accidentally labeled it as King Diamond.
  • caspian88caspian88 Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    Some Emperor possibilities:

    Wrath of the Tyrant (Emperor, 1993)
    Witches Sabbath (As the Shadows Rise, 1994)
    Inno a Satana(In the Nightside Eclipse, 1994)
    I Am the Black Wizards(In the Nightside Eclipse, 1994)
    Cosmic Keys to My Creations and Times(In the Nightside Eclipse, 1994)
    With Strength I Burn(Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk, 1997)

    Many of these aren't exactly the best quality, so there's certainly a question of whether they'd be in usable form. Fortunately, there are live versions of many of these off the Live Inferno and Live at Wacken releases, so you could always list those versions.

    I'm not sure which would be my suggestion - I only just got the first two EPs. Of the songs off Nightside Eclipse, I'd probably pick Cosmic Keys.

    For Swedish death metal, I meant bands like Entombed or Dismember - straight-up death metal, rather than the Gothenburg melodic death bands. (Early) Therion, Entombed, and Dismember would be my choices.

    I can also suggest a little doom metal:

    Candlemass
    Witchfinder General
    Trouble
    Thorr's Hammer
  • Lameboy19Lameboy19 Headliner
    edited May 2010
    I would prefer it if you didn't do a metalcore section if those are the bands you are going to use
  • rockthelotusrockthelotus Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    Lameboy19;3684601 said:
    I would prefer it if you didn't do a metalcore section if those are the bands you are going to use
    I would prefer it if I didn't do a metalcore section at all, but it seems a lot of people on this site enjoy those bands for some reason.
  • ProZach666ProZach666 Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    Great setlist so far, so since you are not done, here are some suggestions:

    The Black Dahlia Murder: Of Darkness Spawned (Melodic Death Metal, 2007)
    With Blood Comes Cleansing: Blood and Fire (Melodic Deathcore, 2008)
    Texas In July: Aurora (Metalcore, 2009)
    Machine Head: Halo (Groove Metal, 2007)
    As Blood Runs Black: Legends Never Die (Melodic Deathcore, 2009)
    Obscura: Incarnated (Melodic Death Metal, 2009)
  • Lameboy19Lameboy19 Headliner
    edited May 2010
    rockthelotus;3684611 said:
    I would prefer it if I didn't do a metalcore section at all, but it seems a lot of people on this site enjoy those bands for some reason.
    yeah, that's the problem, there's too much bad metalcore out there


    but there is good metalcore if you're willing to dig deep enough
  • darkwinterbeast8darkwinterbeast8 Headliner
    edited May 2010
    caspian88;3683896 said:
    I want to say that I really, really like this setlist so far. I would buy it as is.

    Satan's Fall is actually released under the name Mercyful Fate, not King Diamond, so you might want to change that. Very minor issue, of course.

    I'm not sure Jewel Throne is the best possible Celtic Frost song - it gets kind of repetitive for me. Maybe The Usurper or Necromantical Screams? A Fine Day to Die also might have this problem - maybe Dies Irae or Pace 'Till Death?

    Maybe add a few more black metal songs - say a symphonic black metal song (Emperor seems to be the most obvious choice) and maybe something from France, with its fairly substantial scene?

    Pour Some Sugar on Me might be better labeled hair metal. Again, very minor.

    I do think you really need a Swedish death metal song, maybe two. Hopefully that doesn't make the death metal section too large.

    I'm unsure about including Blind Guardian, Iced Earth, and Demons and Wizards. I don't know if its a problem, but something to consider.

    The "stage" for Call of the Wintermoon needs to just be the video. No characters playing the song - just the video.

    This is an excellent start and I look forward to seeing the rest!
    I love the idea for the "Stage" for Call of the Wintermoon. I can picture having to play all the notes while the band runs around in the forest. It would be hard just to focus on the notes without laughing at the band's super action pose and reanimation at the 2:43 mark. (for those who have no idea what I'm talking about, go to Youtube and search Call of The Wintermoon right now) \m/

    I do feel that "A Fine Day To Die" is the perfect Bathory song for the game, unless there is also a Viking Metal category in which that case opens up some stuff from the Blood On Ice album or the Nordland Albums.

    Also, I agree that some Emperor would be in order.
  • deevineh8treddeevineh8tred Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    oh man, one of the best Opeth songs is on your list. Best list I've seen. seriously (not just because of serenity painted death)
  • powertpowert Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    This is the best list i've seen but personally i would take out some thrash and add:

    Necrophagist - Epitaph
    Abysmal Dawm - In the Hands of Death
    Dying Fetus - Homicidal Retribution
    Carcass - Heartwork
    Amon Amarth - Asator
    Norther - Released
    Nalgfar - The Perpetual Horrors
    Behemoth - Slaves Shall Serve
    Dark Tranquility - The Gallery
    Chimaira - Empire
    Buckethead - Botnus
    Kalmah - doubtful about it all
    I obviously like death metal a little more.
  • GandWuserGandWuser Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    I want to see "Todeswalzer" by Windir. They're not very well known, and they broke after the guy died, but I really would love to play that song.
  • PseudomaniacPseudomaniac Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    I'm still a bit sick of seeing so many metal setlists, but this one was actually pretty good. I don't really consider Follow the Blind-era Blind Guardian power metal, though; they were still pretty much a speed metal band up until either Somewhere Far Beyond or Nightfall in Middle-Earth.

    EDIT: I just now noticed it said "power\speed metal". I still would prefer a BG song from after those albums, though.

    Also, how come everyone misses God Forbid when they go to do metalcore? Makes me sad.
  • rockthelotusrockthelotus Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    ProZach666;3684651 said:
    Great setlist so far, so since you are not done, here are some suggestions:

    The Black Dahlia Murder: Of Darkness Spawned (Melodic Death Metal, 2007)
    With Blood Comes Cleansing: Blood and Fire (Melodic Deathcore, 2008)
    Texas In July: Aurora (Metalcore, 2009)
    Machine Head: Halo (Groove Metal, 2007)
    As Blood Runs Black: Legends Never Die (Melodic Deathcore, 2009)
    Obscura: Incarnated (Melodic Death Metal, 2009)
    I'm only putting in one song per band so that means I'm not putting in the Machine Head song or the Obscura song (That exact song was already there too...) I have a better idea for a TBDM song and I'll check out the other bands.
    Pseudomaniac;3694301 said:
    I'm still a bit sick of seeing so many metal setlists, but this one was actually pretty good. I don't really consider Follow the Blind-era Blind Guardian power metal, though; they were still pretty much a speed metal band up until either Somewhere Far Beyond or Nightfall in Middle-Earth.

    EDIT: I just now noticed it said "power\speed metal". I still would prefer a BG song from after those albums, though.

    Also, how come everyone misses God Forbid when they go to do metalcore? Makes me sad.
    Valhalla is my favorite Blind Guardian song, so I'm not changing that (sorry!) and the reason I didn't put a God Forbid song in is because I always hear people complain over what genre they are and also I had no idea what song to choose, so please give me a suggestion.
  • PseudomaniacPseudomaniac Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    From Determination- "Determination Pt. 1" or "Determination Pt. 2"

    From Gone Forever- "Judge the Blood"

    From IV: Constitution of Treason: "To the Fallen Hero", "Chains of Humanity", "Into the Wasteland"

    Constitution of Treason was God Forbid's best album, so I recommend one of the songs off there.
  • Onslaught_feiOnslaught_fei Headliner
    edited May 2010
    Nice. Good list. I approve, just as good as my list.
  • ReygnierReygnier Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    Actually... I might buy this game if it ever comes out!

    I'm a difficulty whore and those songs are like devil-tier on everything... except on vocals of course XD.
  • D_Marc2005D_Marc2005 Unsigned
    edited June 2010
    You could probably stand to beef up the folk metal a bit:
    Suidakra - Conlaoch
    Eluveitie - Your Gaulish War
    Primordial - Empire Falls...debatable black and doom influences, but they're f***ing amazing.
    As far as doom goes:
    Novembers Doom - With Rue and Fire
    Shrinebuilder - Pyramid of the Moon
    Disembowelment - Your Prophetic Throne of Ivory
    Ahab - Old Thunder
  • Rise 2 FallRise 2 Fall Opening Act
    edited June 2010
  • exploderexploder Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    finally a TRUE metal setlist that isn't a bunch of nu-metal crap
    no offense to nu-metal though

    I wanna buy this
  • I_Love_YouI_Love_You Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    This reminds me of my metal setlist on another forum. Good times. Though yours is a bit more straight forward and varied. I like it a lot.

    I feel it's slightly heavy in the death metal section though. Also, I give you a lot of credit for including Sonata Arctica, but I think 8th Commandment would be a much better choice as it has a lot of good speed and power metal elements, and would generally be fun to play.
  • nuggz503nuggz503 Unsigned
    edited June 2010
    I'm not seeing Killswitch, why am I not seeing Killswitch?
  • ProZach666ProZach666 Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    maybe some In the midst of Lions? (herod's demise would be great)
  • D_Marc2005D_Marc2005 Unsigned
    edited June 2010
    nuggz503;3739061 said:
    I'm not seeing Killswitch, why am I not seeing Killswitch?
    .....*sigh*:rolleyes:
  • edited June 2010
    Ok, first off great list, to me you have almost hit every genre that metal is good for with 2 huge exceptions, and I will be polite about this, because most people are unfamiliar with these two genres

    First off, Funk Metal, which you could easily fit under a different genre but I will give you some bands(with some good songs), Primus(Jerry Was A Race Car Driver, Shake Hands With Beef, Tommy The Cat), Living Colour(Pride, Time's Up, Go Away), Rage Against The Machine(Down Rodeo, Bombtrack, Freedom), Suicidal Tendencies(Send Me Your Money, Nobody Hears, Institutionalized), Red Hot Chili Peppers(Higher Ground, Dead Men Don't Kill Coyotes, Knock Me Down) and Incubus(Certain Shade Of Green, Redefine).

    Also Avant-Garde is missing, but it is a bit weird but if you need good stuff I am the guy to talk to, bands like Dog Fashion Disco(Acid Memoirs, Adultery, Leper Friend), Polkadot Cadaver(Wolf In Jesus Skin, Bring Me The Head Of Andy Warhol, Purgatory Dance Party, Pure Bedlam For Half-Breeds), Mr. Bungle(Squeeze Me Macaroni, Pink Cigarette, Air Conditioned Nightmare), Unexpect(Desert Urbania, Chromatic Chimera), Sleepytime Gorilla Museum(Helpless Corpses Enactment, Sleep Is Wrong, Widening Eye)

    Another genre I would also suggest are Hardcore Punk(it fits in a way, but I don't know much about it)

    Nice list though.
Sign In or Register to comment.