As a metalhead, this saddens me...

deevineh8treddeevineh8tred Road Warrior
edited May 2010 in The Rock Band Network
So, RBN has added some metal. Few good artists like BTBAM, Arsis, and Testament. Some ok-at-best stuff from unearth and atr, but what is most upsetting is all of the deathcore! come on now, why why why is this the sub-genre of metal that is represented most? just generic breakdowns over and over (is there any other kind of breakdown though?) and its just annoying. why not some not-so-mainstream stuff in different sub-genres. this would expose people to better things, like originality (if we get Opeth) and musicianship (more prog)...

deathcore is boring. who cares if its br00tal (did i get that right core-kids?)

Comments

• deevineh8treddeevineh8tred Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    k maybe rant not over...

that attack attack song goes from "core" to f-ing electronic bull**** I think kanye west or some other similar artists use that vocal processor. how is that in the metal genre? how?! gah!
  • whypick1whypick1 Headliner
    edited May 2010
    It's there because they're willing to have their stuff sold on RBN. End of story.

Wow, managed to use all three "there" words in a sentence.
  • JixzerJixzer Hillbilly Deluxe
    edited May 2010
    Sorry, couldn't hear your through all the "waaaaaaah".
  • jimburyjimbury Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    not sure what your issue is really, there's loads of technical metal on rbn already and its barely opened, give it a chance.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited May 2010
    Some metal? There is a lot of metal.

And if you want tracks from your favorite bands, I suggest you try to contact them. The more emails they get, the better.
  • JordanonfireJordanonfire Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    is represented on RBN because those bands put their music on RBN.

To have on RBN, bands of genre2 have to put their music in the game...

What exactly are you trying to complain about?
  • Lameboy19Lameboy19 Headliner
    edited May 2010
    deevineh8tred;3683698 said:
    So, RBN has added some metal. Few good artists like BTBAM, Arsis, and Testament. Some ok-at-best stuff from unearth and atr, but what is most upsetting is all of the deathcore! come on now, why why why is this the sub-genre of metal that is represented most? just generic breakdowns over and over (is there any other kind of breakdown though?) and its just annoying. why not some not-so-mainstream stuff in different sub-genres. this would expose people to better things, like originality (if we get Opeth) and musicianship (more prog)...

deathcore is boring. who cares if its br00tal (did i get that right core-kids?)
    it's because the deathcore bands LOVE whoring out their stuff, and as long as it makes them money they're all for it
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    Guys, guys... You just don't understand his pain.
  • thjimmythjimmy Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    jimbury;3683747 said:
    not sure what your issue is really, there's loads of technical metal on rbn already and its barely opened, give it a chance.
    Jimbury is right, there's a variety out there. Let your faves know about RBN if they aren't out there.

And his post is really awesome if you read it like Emo would (his avatar). :D
  • edited May 2010
    don't bash others' taste in music. end of story.
    want moar metal in RBN? use the template stickied to reach out to your favorite bands, spread the word about the program, and get yourself an account to playtest and peer review the tracks submitted by artists you like.
    Openly bashing artists that others on the forums like and have worked hard to get up in the RBN store is not acceptable.
This discussion has been closed.