PS3 RBN is messed up

j1mmypj1mmyp Opening Act
edited May 2010 in The Rock Band Network
Says there's 30 songs when there's actually only 20. Whats up with that?

Comments

• CaptainKickerCaptainKicker Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
  • j1mmypj1mmyp Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    CaptainKicker;3688722 said:
    Typo, maybe?
    Maybe, but when you go to the browse by artist thing it lists letters for bands that aren't even available. For example when I press X on the letter "I" it says no rock band music store data found and kicks me out to the main screen.
  • lanky316lanky316 Rising Star
    edited May 2010
    I assume the unhelpful Dane is on 360...

Are you based in Europe OP? If so there've been submission/miscommunication issues so RBN songs have not been getting released. The ingame store knows they SHOULD be there so acknowledges but when you go for something not available it kicks you out.
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    It seems the EU PS3 RBN store has somehow updated data of the next 10 upcoming songs. I'm cross-checking the store info now to find out what those songs are. So far, it seems one of them could be In This Moment's Mechanical love and Steve Vai's Attitude Song.
  • AerithLovesTifaAerithLovesTifa Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    Great idea please let us know =D
    edited May 2010
    Tykki-Teme;3689667 said:
    It seems the EU PS3 RBN store has somehow updated data of the next 10 upcoming songs. I'm cross-checking the store info now to find out what those songs are. So far, it seems one of them could be In This Moment's Mechanical love and Steve Vai's Attitude Song.
    If this is right you're onto something. In This Moment is certain. If selecting I kicks you out, that's the only I band potential for PS3 isn't it?
    edited May 2010
    Actually, Steve Vai isn't one of them, but I'm pretty sure In This Moment is correct. I'll update when I have more than just vague guesses :)
    edited May 2010
    Okay, this was a little bit more difficult than I thought it would be. I wasn't able to narrow down those 10 songs, partly because I had apparently made a mistake while writing down the info from the store. Still, I was able to narrow down something.

I managed to pin down 14 possible songs that could be coming out in the next two weeks. I'm pretty sure most of them are wrong, but I think I got at least a couple right.

Steve Vai - The Attitude Song - I'm pretty sure this one will be coming, since the store shows one song from the 80's, and this is the only song from that era.

In This Moment - Mechanical Love
    Demon Hunter - Collapsing
    of Montreal - Heimdalsgate Like a Promethean Curse
    Texas In July - Hook, Line and Sinner: These four are also highly likely, since they match the info I collected quite perfectly.

Flight of the Conchords - Demon Woman or The Most Beautiful Girl (In The Room): The store lists one more Novelty song coming, and these two were the only songs that match that genre and other criteria.

I'm not so sure about the next songs, but, they too match the info I got out of the store:

Jonathan Coulton - Creepy Doll or Ikea
    Despised Icon - Day of Mourning
    Chance DeLeon and the Fountain of Choof - Tadpole Search and Rescue
    Clutch - The Mob Goes Wild
    Oliver Pride - Nothing There
    The Devil Wears Prada - Dogs Can Grow Beards All Over

I know some of these make no sense, since some of these band have appeared quite recently (Steve Vai, FotC, JoCo), but I guess we'll see in the next two weeks. I encourage others to try and figure out this as well.

Still, don't get your hopes too high! I'm not making any promises here ;)
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited May 2010
    If they're doing it partially based on sales or requests, some bands with songs already might get more sooner rather than later. JoCo, Bang Camaro, Steve Vai, and Flight of the Conchords are pretty heavily requested.
    edited May 2010
    Well, I did manage to pull out a few more details:

Jonathan Coulton's Ikea seem more likely than Creepy Doll. This was because there appears to be one new song which begins with an I, and there was no other song that would have matched the given info and criteria.

Between of Montreal and Oliver Pride, of Montreal was more likely. Why? Because the store shows one new artist whose name starts with an O. Due to this and other bits of info, of Montreal seems way more likely.

For the rest of the songs, I'll keep my above predictions. I'll have to say, I'll be very surprised if even half of my guesses are correct.
    edited May 2010
    I hope the likes of Coulton are wrong. I'm a bit down we've been getting bands already on the platform as it is so after a month getting repeat bands with so many missed would be a let down as far as the platform is concerned.

No doubt most people of course are terrified of learning about new music as it is so I guess overall it's the safe bet.
    edited May 2010
    lanky316;3691816 said:
    No doubt most people of course are terrified of learning about new music as it is so I guess overall it's the safe bet.
    I wouldn't limit it to that. There are a few bands that have multiple highly requested songs. Since this is supposed to be fan driven as much as HMX driven, isn't giving them a little bit of what they want a good thing? It shows that they're listening, which is a good thing.

As long as we're limited to 5 songs a week, I wouldn't expect it to be all the "rare and unknown" bands in RBN. I'd expect popular bands and songs to jump to the head of getting ported over regularly, with HMX sprinkling in a few gems in their opinion as they hand pick what they think should move over and try to keep RBN fresh.

Not everyone's going to be happy no matter what they pick.
    edited May 2010
    Why are they highly requested I'd ask. Why are acts like JoCo and Bang Camaro so popular with RB players? It's not due to chart glory, it's because HMX pushed them and people discovered they quite like this music they'd never heard of before. I can understand the larger global acts like Drowning Pool or Lacuna Coil but these it's about the Rock Band exposure.

On this very page there's a topic about Amberian Dawn and the discovery of these through RBN, ironically this is a tiny band whom I saw with about 80 people (most of whom for the support act) but they've got 100 posts in a topic on here of people praising them and pleading for more. In fact one of their tracks is in the top few of the 360 chart. Even now, new bands are getting attention and praise on the 360 but as far as the PS3 crowd are concerned. MOST requests are on those same few popular acts they'd previously played and said "I like that song so more please"
    edited May 2010
    lanky316;3691848 said:
    Why are they highly requested I'd ask. Why are acts like JoCo and Bang Camaro so popular with RB players? It's not due to chart glory, it's because HMX pushed them and people discovered they quite like this music they'd never heard of before. I can understand the larger global acts like Drowning Pool or Lacuna Coil but these it's about the Rock Band exposure.
    [LIST=1]
    [*]Bang Camaro is about musical taste and charts. Every BC song I've played has been fun on the 3 instruments I play, and for $1, it's a great value.
    [*]JoCo is popular because of his geek friendly comedy material. He's more popular with internet folks, so that explains some of his being popular. This has probably skewed demand a bit.
    [*]360 folks have been exposed to them. Sales provide some data for HMX.
    [*]HMX pushed Little Fish, Heutwork, and Mission of Burma to name a few DLC small bands. How are those DLC sales doing?
    [/LIST]
    You're assuming a lot based on someone trying to figure out songs that may or may not be accurate. Some bands are going to get second songs before others get first songs, as it's the nature of the beast.

Not everyone's going to be happy. If they only do new bands before they get to second songs, at 5 songs per, they'd never get back to anyone (at least at the rate RBN is going). If one song a month is the limit on repeat bands, I don't see how that hurts anything.
    edited May 2010
    One song a month would be fine, however, so far it's averaging more than one song a week rather than one a month ;) Just because most people only want their comfort blanket doesn't mean everyone should be lumped with that. Now IF bands like JoCo are going to be pushed out so soon what does that say for the "closer community" with the fans and the idea of exposing to new music, two big things they sold RBN on. If within two months you're getting repeats that flies in the face of that. No problem with the idea of releasing these bands but as yet we're largely being hit by the people who don't bother with investigating newer music.
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    edited May 2010
    What's happening with the tracks that were supposed to be up on the 5th...

Band Of Skulls - I Know What I Am
    Drowning Pool - Bodies
    Lacuna Coil - Survive
    Stroke 9 - Little Black Back Pack '09
    Third Eye Blind - Semi-Charmed Life '09

And, also from this weeks update...

Mayday Parade - When I Get Home You're So Dead

The titles and their covers display in the RBN Store New Releases window, but you can't buy them. Likewise, the PSN Store only has 14 RBN tracks available... shouldn't there be at least 20? The RBN Store is telling me there's 30 there, but if I browse for a title that's not available it gives me an error and returns me to the game.
  • Motte89Motte89 Unsigned
    edited May 2010
    I'm having the exact same problem as Graffin.

When can we expect to see a fix for this? It's really starting to bug me when I only see a handful of songs, but it tells me that there's 30.

Whats the point of showing the album covers of the new tracks when they're not even on the PSN yet, I've checked the playstations store, but without luck.
    edited May 2010
    lanky316;3691874 said:
    One song a month would be fine, however, so far it's averaging more than one song a week rather than one a month ;) Just because most people only want their comfort blanket doesn't mean everyone should be lumped with that. Now IF bands like JoCo are going to be pushed out so soon what does that say for the "closer community" with the fans and the idea of exposing to new music, two big things they sold RBN on. If within two months you're getting repeats that flies in the face of that. No problem with the idea of releasing these bands but as yet we're largely being hit by the people who don't bother with investigating newer music.
    Well, if you look at what got released, you should be happy.

If it makes you feel better to call a song that folks can watch Youtube and research well before buying them and asking for them that just happen to be from the same artist a "comfort blanket", then go ahead.

I will say I'm glad you're not running the PS3 selection comity. Exposing folks to new and different bands is fine, but saying it's too soon to release duplicates isn't even looking at the history of RBN, which had 10 songs from 1 band on release day. Duplicates will happen, sooner or later, and probably more likely sooner with some popular tracks.
    edited May 2010
    Bront20;3694631 said:

If it makes you feel better to call a song that folks can watch Youtube and research well before buying them and asking for them that just happen to be from the same artist a "comfort blanket", then go ahead.

Exposing folks to new and different bands is fine, but saying it's too soon to release duplicates isn't even looking at the history of RBN, which had 10 songs from 1 band on release day.
    Incidentally researching charts this week was harder than it usually is due to more "Who?" acts. Which says it all really, it is a fact people prefer what they know. Look how often RBN (and official for that) content is dismissed for no name bands. It is a fact of the community most people will stick to their comfort zone and not experiment.

Fact remains the average for repeats acts is more than one a week, out of 5. That's a bad average given the amount of acts available. The 360 could take a big injection, we can't and it's just a waste.
  • GranndGrannd Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    I hope Demon Hunter really is coming to the PS3 RBN.
  • silentknellsilentknell Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    Tykki-Teme;3690049 said:
    Okay, this was a little bit more difficult than I thought it would be. I wasn't able to narrow down those 10 songs
    So I did a similar thing, and came up with the below:

1. Clutch - The Mob Goes Wild
    2. Demon Hunter - Collapsing
    3. Despised Icon - Day of Mourning
    4. Flight of the Conchords - Demon Woman
    5. In This Moment - Mechanical Love
    6. Jonathan Coultron - Ikea
    7. of Montreal - Heimdalsgate Like a Promethean Curse
    8. Steve Vai - The Attitude Song
    9. Third Eye Blind - Never Let You Go ('09)

and either
    10. The Main Drag - Dove Nets
    or
    10. The Main Drag - Don't Let Me Down (Slowly)

For The Main Drag song, it's more likely to be "Don't Let Me Down (Slowly) if sales are any indication.

If I did in fact get these right, I'm slightly disappointed that it's Demon Woman instead of The Most Beautiful Girl (in the Room), but looking forward to playing of Montreal.

But again, I could have made some mistakes somewhere, or the extra 10 spaces in the PS3 stores could mean absolutely nothing, so I wouldn't expect too much out of the list above.