Rose of Jericho New Release!

rose_of_jerichorose_of_jericho Opening Act
edited September 2012 in The Rock Band Network
This thread is to keep you up to date on Rose of Jericho releases in the Rock Band Network. For more info about Rose of Jericho visit our website: http://www.roseofjericho.com.

If you would like to purchase our music, go here: http://roseofjericho.com/music.html

Video Previews of all ROJ RBN songs:
Rose of Jericho - Romancing the Ordinary | Pop-Rock | G:3 | B:1 | D:2 | V:4 | K:3 | ProK:3 | Band:2
Rose of Jericho - Buried Cold (RB3 Version) | Pop-Rock | G:2 | B:1 | D:4 | V:5 | K:3 | ProK:3 | Band:3
Rose of Jericho - Midnight Eyes (RB3 Version) | Pop-Rock | G:1 | B:0 | D:1 | V:3 | K:3 | ProK:3 | Band:1
Rose of Jericho - These City Lights | Pop-Rock | G:2 | B:0 | D:3 | V:5 | K:4 | ProK:4 | Band:3
Rose of Jericho - Find Beauty | Pop-Rock | G:1 | B:1 | D:0 | V:2 | K:2 | ProK:2 | Band:2
Rose of Jericho - Midnight Eyes | Pop-Rock | G:1 | B:0 | D:1 | V:4 | K:NA | ProK:NA | Band:1
Rose of Jericho - Signed With Love | Pop-Rock | G:3 | B:2 | D:3 | V:4 | K:NA | ProK:NA | Band:3
Rose of Jericho - Beautiful Machine | Pop-Rock | G:4 | B:2 | D:6 | V:5 | K:NA | ProK:NA | Band:4
Rose of Jericho - Wrong Side of the Sky | Pop-Rock | G:2 | B:3 | D:1 | V:3 | K:NA | ProK:NA | Band:1
Rose of Jericho - Buried Cold | Pop-Rock | G:2 | B:1 | D:4 | V:5 | K:NA | ProK:NA | Band:3
Rose of Jericho - Take Me Away | Pop-Rock | G:2 | B:2 | D:2 | V:6 | K:NA | ProK:NA | Band:2

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update 6/17/2012

Yep we're still here and even better news: "Romancing the Ordinary" has passed peer review. You should be seeing it in the store in a couple days. More to come!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update 2/28/2011

Man oh man - its been a little bit since I posted but ROJ is still going strong. My schedule's been pretty packed with playing shows and recording music and doing band stuff in general. I've been slacking on the RB side of things BUT good news: Romancing the Ordinary just hit playtesting. We should be seeing that one coming soon. Also the new album is coming strong. Be watching for new music hitting playtesting soon! And - btw thanks for all of the support from the RB community. I don't know if other bands feel it as much as we do but our RB crowd are really an awesome group. I don't check my private messages much on the forums here but if you have a question or just want to shoot the ****, anybody on the boards can feel free to email me at matt at roseofjericho dot com.

Update 9/6/2011

Hey guys, its been a little while since I updated the thread so i thought I'd add what's been going on:

* We have released "These City Lights" with keys, harmonies and pro drums.
* Our music video for Midnight Eyes is now up. Check it out here.
* ROJ is RBN Artist of the Month for September. Check out an interview with me and Andrea here.
* Also we have had several songs released to PS3 so that is very cool too!

Thanks again to everyone for supporting us on Rock Band. I can't tell you how much a difference it has made. We have basically gone from one song on RBN to Artist of the Month and we have HMX and our fans to thank, so thanks!

Update 7/19/2011

Hey guys, sorry for the long delay in updates. We haven't disappeared; just been busy. Several things happening:

Find Beauty has been released for the PS3. WOOT!

And These City Lights has passed peer review so it should be in the store soon.

ROJ has been getting regular rotation on over 40 college radio stations across the US and we owe a lot of thanks to our fans on Rock Band. You guys have really supported us and we wanted to say thanks!. Check out our facebook page for a list of radio stations to see if we are getting airplay in your area!

Update 5/31/2011

Quick update, Midnight Eyes (RB3 version) is now in the RBN store with harmonies and pro keys. Check out a video here:

Midnight Eyes (RB3 version) Full Band

Also, by request, These City Lights is now in playtesting and will be coming to the store soon:

These City Lights Full Band Preview

Update 4/12/2011

Two new releases to RBN: you may have already noticed Buried Cold (RB3 Version) is now out with upgrade keys, pro drums, and harmonies and Find Beauty just hit the store today. Hope to have videos soon!

In celebration of getting our first RBN 2.0 song in the store, check out Andrea performing Buried Cold on vox:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9KfF-5WYyI

Update 3/1/2011

Find Beauty is now in playtest! Go RBN 2! (Sorry we're pretty excited over here).

http://creators.rockband.com/song/detail/2970

Update 2/16/2011

OK, we have a preview video of Find Beauty with pro keys, check it out here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5O_PrhjC6TU

Also if you are curious about our re-releases we are working with RhythmAuthors to get Buried Cold and Take Me Away re-released with pro drums, pro keys, and harmonies. So you should be being seeing those soon!

Update 2/14/2011

Hope you guys are as excited about RBN 2.0 as we are. Charting for Find Beauty is done and we are just waiting for HMX to flip the switch and it will be in playtesting. As we're getting closer to releasing our first RBN 2 track we wanted to let you know that we decided to charge 160 msp for new tracks.

There was a lot of discussion on our end as our goal is to get our music out to as many people as possible. But from here on out all ROJ tracks will include pro keys, pro drums and harmonies. The amount of additional work that is going into the songs is really substantial, especially on the QA side. We want to make sure that every ROJ track is as good as anything that HMX would put out, and we feel the slight increase in price is fair considering the amount of work that is put in and the fact that we are self-releasing all of these tracks.

Also for re-released songs in RBN 2 we will be charging 80 msp, and treating re-releases like upgrades. We're always trying to look out for our fans that have already spent their money and we didn't feel it was right for them to have to re-buy a song at full price. Thanks to everyone that have supported us on Rock Band!

Update 1/19/2011

Well its been a little while since I posted here and I hope you guys had a great holiday break. The band had a nice chance to take a little breather over the holidays but we are back at it. With the release of the RBN 2.0 documentation we are well into charting Find Beauty to include harmonies and pro keys. We also have a couple more songs in the pipeline that will include pro keys as well. I'll update with more info as RBN 2.0 gets closer to release!

Comments

• Herr_BassHerr_Bass Rising Star
    edited June 2010
    I hope they come to the PS3
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
  • axelkotheaxelkothe Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    Not my favourite roj song on rbn, but still enjoyable.
  • rose_of_jerichorose_of_jericho Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    bump for important update to the OP.
    edited June 2010
    Wow, I didn't notice that issue. It's 160msp worth to me anyway ;)
  • drudindrudin Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    One of my favorites in mono OR stereo!

dan
  • G_tarRoCK3RG_tarRoCK3R Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    This is why Rose of Jericho is awesome! :D

If I would have purchased this, I wouldn't ask for my money back cause its THAT awesome! :D I'll check out the new version for you then soon :)
  • kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited June 2010
    It's really nice of you guys to offer a refund on your newly-updated song, but since it was only a buck, I'm certainly not going to dwell on it :)
    edited July 2010
    Hey everyone, Beautiful Machine is back in the store. And is now available in STEREO! We really appreciate everyone's patience in getting the fixed version back up. The only differences between this version and the original is the easy/medium guitar/bass charts have been updated to include blue and orange gems to reflect the new authoring standards. You can see a full band preview of the song here:

Rose of Jericho - Beautiful Machine Full Band
  • kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited July 2010
    Awesome, buying it now

But this is the last time :D
  • JineteJinete Unsigned
    edited July 2010
    bump
    And I've fallen in love with this band <3
    edited July 2010
    Jinete;3830834 said:
    bump
    And I've fallen in love with this band <3</div>
    I did that a long time ago :D

Glad to hear the song is back up in the store Matt! I'll be posting the solo drums then within the week split screen FTW! :D

Any ETA on when V2 of Signed with Love will be up with the mix changes? :p
  • SCFoxSCFox Opening Act
    edited July 2010
    I've had the demo of "Buried Cold" for seemingly forever, but now that I'm finally working again I was able to very happily buy all three songs! Can't wait for more!
  • ElvisChapelGuyElvisChapelGuy Opening Act
    edited July 2010
    Why do we have to pay twice? Can someone explain? I already purchased the original.
    edited July 2010
    ElvisChapelGuy;3839050 said:
    Why do we have to pay twice? Can someone explain? I already purchased the original.
    The new version has stereo sound and updated easy medium charts. Nothing else changed, so unless you care about those things, you don't need to buy the new version. Also Rose of Jericho (as awesome as they are) were offering a refund on paypal to those that want it (not sure if they still were). Contact them for more info. or I'm sure Matt would be more than willing to shoot you a PM with details.

The reason I was posting lol

http://creators.rockband.com/song/detail/1758

Take Me Away needs one more Peer Review and it will be released to the store! :D Anyone if you have an XNA account check out the song and give it a review.

Edit- The final review is in :D We should see the song up in the store in a few days yay!
  • weeyooweeyoo Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    I gotta admit, Rose of Jericho has had great songs released on RBN. The singer has an amazing voice, and the charts are just flat out fun. I couldn't thank you enough for introducing them to RBN, let alone myself.

Thank you and keep the RoJ songs coming! :D
    edited July 2010
    G_tarRoCK3R;3841725 said:
    The final review is in :D We should see the song up in the store in a few days yay!
    Instabuy! :)
  • Nitz13Nitz13 Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    Just picked up the new one earlier today. Great stuff! keep bringing more out and I will keep buying! Your album was pretty damn awesome too! :D
    edited July 2010
    weeyoo;3844475 said:
    I gotta admit, Rose of Jericho has had great songs released on RBN. The singer has an amazing voice, and the charts are just flat out fun. I couldn't thank you enough for introducing them to RBN, let alone myself.

Nitz13;3844896 said:
    Just picked up the new one earlier today. Great stuff! keep bringing more out and I will keep buying! Your album was pretty damn awesome too! :D
    Hey guys, thanks so much for the comments. It really means a lot to us that you guys are enjoying the songs. Any band can tell you how much work goes into making an album so its really great to know that someone else besides us is enjoying it.

Alex (Jarr3tt882) has been kind enough to post a preview of the song that you can check out here (Thanks again Alex!):

Rose of Jericho - Take Me Away

The song just passed peer review so we should be seeing it in the store on Tuesday (I think).
    edited July 2010
    rose_of_jericho;3844978 said:
    Hey guys, thanks so much for the comments. It really means a lot to us that you guys are enjoying the songs. Any band can tell you how much work goes into making an album so its really great to know that someone else besides us is enjoying it.

Alex (Jarr3tt882) has been kind enough to post a preview of the song that you can check out here (Thanks again Alex!):

Rose of Jericho - Take Me Away

The song just passed peer review so we should be seeing it in the store on Tuesday (I think).
    Sweet some Rose of Jericho to go with my Vines! :D
    edited July 2010
    rose_of_jericho;3844978 said:
    Alex (Jarr3tt882) has been kind enough to post a preview of the song that you can check out here (Thanks again Alex!)
    You are welcome Matt! Oh btw the song was Lifeline :D (on These City Lights, what is your first album called anyway is it self titled?)
  • knifes39knifes39 Rising Star
    edited July 2010
    weeyoo;3844475 said:

it also helps that shes prolly the hottest girl singer i have seen :cool:
  • weeyooweeyoo Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    knifes39;3848062 said:
    Haha I cant disagree with you on that :p
  • AkuryuAkuryu Rising Star
    edited July 2010
    Just wanted to say I've downloaded all your tracks and enjoy them all. I didn't even mind paying for Beautiful Machine twice. hehe
    edited July 2010
    Just played through the new one. Superb as usual! :D
  • --terrorisly--terrorisly Rising Star
    edited July 2010
    I've absolutely loved everything you've released so far and will gladly buy any more that's coming. :D And I'm stoked that such good music costs $1... I'd gladly pay $2 for any of your songs (like i did for Beautiful Machine hehe), :D
    edited July 2010
    knifes39;3848062 said:
    I showed Andrea your comment and she just blushed. She's terrible at taking compliments. But she did say to tell you thank you.
    Akuryu said:
    I didn't even mind paying for Beautiful Machine twice.
    --terrorisly said:
    I'd gladly pay $2 for any of your songs (like i did for Beautiful Machine hehe
    Hmm I think I'm seeing a new way of marketing our music...

Actually on the creators site, I told them the "official" reason we unpublished it was so I could get the song into the HMX picks blog. I told them I would just keep publishing and unpublishing it until somebody picked it. And my diabolical scheme worked. HA!
  • --terrorisly--terrorisly Rising Star
    edited July 2010
    Hey hey hey i didn't mean start charging $2 for all of your songs! :P
  • AkuryuAkuryu Rising Star
    edited July 2010
    Hmm I think I'm seeing a new way of marketing our music...
    Haha, do what you have to do. I have all the RBN songs (like 450 or so now I think). I've paid $2 and even $3 for songs I don't like a fraction as much as I like yours. Keep em coming :D
    edited July 2010
    Akuryu;3855107 said:
    Haha, do what you have to do. I have all the RBN songs (like 450 or so now I think). I've paid $2 and even $3 for songs I don't like a fraction as much as I like yours. Keep em coming :D
    That's awesome. And just to let everyone know getting our music to you guys (the fans) is our primary goal for RBN so for the foreseeable future all of our stuff will stay at $1. Unless of course you end up buying a song twice, which I hope we can avoid from here on. :p