Apples In Stereo - Energy
Dear in the Headlights - Talk About

Comments

• folkeyefolkeye Headliner
    edited May 2010
    Amberian Dawn, that is all.
  • jasonrosenbaumjasonrosenbaum Rising Star
    edited May 2010
    First time since RBN on PS3 started that I'm not getting anything this week. I may snag either "Bodies," "Remedy" or - gasp - "Stick Stickly."
  • Doom878Doom878 Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    ATR!!! Hopefully after the other ATR's we get Wounded Soul. I wanna support Dave.
  • Pearl WhitePearl White Rising Star
    edited May 2010
    Well just sampled the tracks on DLC quickplay, i've never heard of Amberian Dawn but after that small clip and visiting there website, and sampling some of their other tracks, think will be getting them downloaded.

They seem to have a Nightwish sorta vibe to them and the singer sings not to far off like Tarja used to, so think will get to like them :)

Wish we could get some Nightwish tho with Tarjas vocals for RB that would be fab if we did

:)
  • Mega-TallicaMega-Tallica Washed Up
    edited May 2010
    Only ATR this week.

The streak continues though. I've bought at least one RBN song every week since it's been released on PS3.
  • koolwankkoolwank Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    Hold Steady is awesome! Hoping we'll get more from them.

Probably will pick up the ATR song as well.
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    edited May 2010
    What's happening with the RBN tracks on the PS3?

We still haven't got these which were supposed to be up on the 5th of May...

Band Of Skulls - I Know What I Am
    Drowning Pool - Bodies
    Lacuna Coil - Survive
    Stroke 9 - Little Black Back Pack '09
    Third Eye Blind - Semi-Charmed Life '09

Also missing from this weeks update...

Mayday Parade - When I Get Home You're So Dead

The titles and their covers display in the New Release window, but they can't be bought. Likewise, the PSN Store only shows a total of 14 songs.
    edited May 2010
  • dady5000dady5000 Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    ATR, Amberian Dawn, and I'm going to check out the Dear in the Headlights song since I loved their one song on RB so far.
  • p0rtugalp0rtugal Unsigned
    edited May 2010
    I want the Parry Gripp, and I want the Frontalot that's already been released for 360. Then I'll be happy.
  • war_lordwar_lord Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    Looks like I'll be getting The Hold Steady... yet another one from my wish list is fulfilled :)
  • edited May 2010
    Amberian Dawn is one of the bands that I've really been looking forward to, so this is a very happy week for me. The ATR song looks fun too, and I like the songs they already have as regular DLC, so I'll probably pick that up as well.
  • weirdphilweirdphil Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    Played 2 of those (He Sleeps in a Grove and Energy), I prefer Amberian Dawn over Apples in Stereo, but for only a dollar you get a song that sounds a bit like The Beatles, :)
  • TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    Most probably Amberian Dawn. I liked river of tuoni chart much more, but this is really challenging for all instruments too. I'm not sure about the ATR song, it's certanly sick but I don't get the drum chart in some different parts. I'll just have to watch it again and think about.
  • kdude97kdude97 Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    Talk About and Days without.
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    edited May 2010
    Doom878;3693104 said:
    ^Are you in Europe?
    Nope, Australia.

For some reason, the RBN Store shows there are a total of 30 songs, but when you try browse for a title and it's not there, you get booted back to the game. There's only 14 songs on there that we can buy.
  • OzSkyBlueOzSkyBlue Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    The only track I won't be getting is Dear in the Headlights.

Pretty happy with this week!
  • thedoorsdkthedoorsdk Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    Definitely The Hold Steady.
    Have to check out the rest.
  • tepidsharktepidshark Rising Star
    edited May 2010
    @thedoorsdk They were just on the Colbert Report recently, they did a song off their new album though.
  • Jerome2001Jerome2001 Unsigned
    edited May 2010
    Thank you HMX for bringing us The Hold Steady
  • Dante1847Dante1847 Headliner
    edited May 2010
    The Hold Steady track is the one Im excited about.
  • Flan26Flan26 Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    I can't wait to download the Hold Steady track tonight. I know when this was announced, the involved record company was supposedly putting this and another song out there as "feelers" to see how their songs would do on RBN. I just hope they're getting positive feelings from this, because we need more Hold Steady.

Also - the new album is GREAT.
  • FlawlessFlawless First Poster
    edited May 2010
    I fell in love with Apples In Stereo - Energy this morning.

Stuck with me, will buy.
  • Thrashard76Thrashard76 Unsigned
    edited May 2010
  • FinalAeonFinalAeon Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    Got these:
    * He Sleeps In A Grove
    * Days Without
    HSIAG is awesome but I'm undecided whether DW was a good purchase.
  • HatredInfiniteHatredInfinite Unsigned
    edited May 2010
    None. Those of us who aren't Microsoft supporters still don't get any real music, with the solitary exception of BTBAM. One offering, from a multitude of decent bands available. Disappointing, to say the least.

We still haven't seen 3IOB, Skeletonwitch, WOP, or Unearth, and we probably won't see Arsis, JFAC, or Evile, either. It's kind of a bummer that something that seemed like such a rad idea is reduced to so little for PS3 owners, limited choices, taken from a barrel of primarily talentless bands that present little to no challenge or entertainment.

Go Billboard charts and public radio, may your decades long, sheep-wavering sacrilege against talented music reign forevermore. And to hell with Sony for their hand in us not having any selection besides half-assed hard rock and ability-lacking hacks who became famous 'musicians' by flaunting 'good looks'.
  • aggiesrul8aggiesrul8 Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    HatredInfinite;3706681 said:
    None. Those of us who aren't Microsoft supporters still don't get any real music, with the solitary exception of BTBAM. One offering, from a multitude of decent bands available. Disappointing, to say the least.

We still haven't seen 3IOB, Skeletonwitch, WOP, or Unearth, and we probably won't see Arsis, JFAC, or Evile, either. It's kind of a bummer that something that seemed like such a rad idea is reduced to so little for PS3 owners, limited choices, taken from a barrel of primarily talentless bands that present little to no challenge or entertainment.

Go Billboard charts and public radio, may your decades long, sheep-wavering sacrilege against talented music reign forevermore. And to hell with Sony for their hand in us not having any selection besides half-assed hard rock and ability-lacking hacks who became famous 'musicians' by flaunting 'good looks'.
    Well..... I would argue that the bands you want and listed are talentless.... (see how fun this is????)
  • HatredInfiniteHatredInfinite Unsigned
    edited May 2010
    Look at the technical aspects of the music made by the bands I listed. Then look at everything PS3 users have gotten thus far. The only things that even scratch the surface are Steve Vai and BTBAM.

I'm not arguing talent based on personal taste. I'm arguing talent based on instrumental proficiency and technicality of music.
    edited May 2010
    Don't go there with Evile!!

Srsly different strokes, you can't appease everyone. And I don't know anybody who knows anybody who's heard of some of the bands we got on RBN for PS3. HMX is doing the best they can but Sony only allows 5 and HMX gotta pay the bills. Blame the masses for liking "half-assed" rock.
  • aggiesrul8aggiesrul8 Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    HatredInfinite;3706793 said:
    Look at the technical aspects of the music made by the bands I listed. Then look at everything PS3 users have gotten thus far. The only things that even scratch the surface are Steve Vai and BTBAM.

I'm not arguing talent based on personal taste. I'm arguing talent based on instrumental proficiency and technicality of music.
    If you could please explain how you objectively measure instrumental proficiency and technicality of music, I'm all ears (or eyes, or what-have-you).....