Muse DLC. Period.

Comments

• TheKrazyKatzzzTheKrazyKatzzz Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    You know, if one of us mastered bass, another mastered vox, another mastered guitar, and another mastered drums, and then we coordinated to all play to a Muse song at the same time, it'd be like we were in RB...
  • TakeABowTakeABow Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    TheKrazyKatzzz;553985 said:
    You know, if one of us mastered bass, another mastered vox, another mastered guitar, and another mastered drums, and then we coordinated to all play to a Muse song at the same time, it'd be like we were in RB...
    But we need one person to master guitar, piano, and vox. To keep with the spirit of Muse.
  • Muse13Muse13 Unsigned
    edited April 2008
    Muse should have packages, a couple songs from each of their Cd's. All these songs have a great guitar, drums, bass lines, and challenging vocals. These are the songs that I think would be the best to play on Rockband.

Muse Packages:

Black holes Package:

Knights of Cydonia
    Assassin
    Map of the Problematique

Absolution Package:

Hysteria
    The Small Print
    Stockholm Syndrome

Origin Package:

Hyper Music
    Darkshines
    Bliss
    Plug in Baby*
    Microcuts*

Showbiz Package:

Muscle Museum
    Cave
    Uno

Misc Package:

The Groove
    Fury
    Futurism
    Crying Shame*
  • KillbasaKillbasa Opening Act
    edited April 2008
    You know... I've been thinking about learning the guitar. I want to be able to pretend I'm playing RB... even when I'm not near my PS3. :D
  • xbadx1233xbadx1233 Opening Act
    edited April 2008
    Muse13;554230 said:
    Muse should have packages, a couple songs from each of their Cd's. All these songs have a great guitar, drums, bass lines, and challenging vocals. These are the songs that I think would be the best to play on Rockband.

Muse Packages:

Black holes Package:

Knights of Cydonia
    Assassin
    Map of the Problematique

Absolution Package:

Hysteria
    The Small Print
    Stockholm Syndrome

Origin Package:

Hyper Music
    Darkshines
    Bliss
    Plug in Baby*
    Microcuts*

Showbiz Package:

Muscle Museum
    Cave
    Uno

Misc Package:

The Groove
    Fury
    Futurism
    Crying Shame*
    YES!!! I would kill for all of these packs!
  • SveppiSveppi Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    I'm liking the love for the B-Sides :)
  • BonezBonez Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    Muse13;554230 said:

Muse Packages:

Black holes Package:

Knights of Cydonia
    Assassin
    Map of the Problematique

Absolution Package:

Hysteria
    The Small Print
    Stockholm Syndrome

Origin Package:

Hyper Music
    Darkshines
    Bliss
    Plug in Baby*
    Microcuts*

Showbiz Package:

Muscle Museum
    Cave
    Uno

Misc Package:

The Groove
    Fury
    Futurism
    Crying Shame*
    That's pretty sweet, but how could you forget New Born in the Origin pack? :eek:
    edited April 2008
    Muse13;554230 said:

[...]
    Plug in Baby*
    Microcuts*

[...]
    Crying Shame*
    What do you mean by the "*"s?
  • BonezBonez Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    I was wondering that too...
    edited April 2008
    I'm guessing that it means something along the lines of "not sure i'd have it instead of another track". It's only noted on tracks that exceed the "three pack set up"
  • vicious136vicious136 Rising Star
    edited April 2008
    Killbasa;554336 said:
    You know... I've been thinking about learning the guitar. I want to be able to pretend I'm playing RB... even when I'm not near my PS3. :D
    LOL that really puts this whole RB & GH phenomenon in perspective.
    edited April 2008
    Sveppi;555075 said:
    I'm guessing that it means something along the lines of "not sure i'd have it instead of another track". It's only noted on tracks that exceed the "three pack set up"
    That would make sense if Plug In Baby wasn't one of the *ed songs.
  • LinkStrifeLeonhartLinkStrifeLeonhart Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    Hey, another Muse lover here. I'm not quite as 'crazy' as some others, but I have done my fair share to convert my peers to the path of Muse. I can't quite pinpoint which song I'd like, but Plug In Baby is definitely near the top. Many others would be great as well and I can't wait to get Hysteria.
    edited April 2008
    vicious136;555137 said:
    LOL that really puts this whole RB & GH phenomenon in perspective.
    And people say that being able to pick up a plastic guitar and press buttons to make notes is killing the desire to actually play guitar.
  • S1ckH4ndsS1ckH4nds YouTube Guru
    edited April 2008
    TakeABow;555865 said:
    And people say that being able to pick up a plastic guitar and press buttons to make notes is killing the desire to actually play guitar.
    I'm telling ya. As soon as I get my tax refund, I plan on hitting up Guitar Center and picking up a beginner's bass and amp. I'm trying to convince my bandmate to buy a set of drums with hers, or failing that, to actually learn how to play the guitar she already owns. :)
    edited April 2008
    S1ckH4nds;555876 said:
    I'm telling ya. As soon as I get my tax refund, I plan on hitting up Guitar Center and picking up a beginner's bass and amp. I'm trying to convince my bandmate to buy a set of drums with hers, or failing that, to actually learn how to play the guitar she already owns. :)
    Rock Band convinced me to get a guitar. I used to drum, but it was far too expensive, and I wasn't happy with my beginner set. A really cheap drumset will run 300-400 bucks, and I promise you will be yearning for more after about a few months.
    edited April 2008
    LinkStrifeLeonhart;555643 said:
    Hey, another Muse lover here. I'm not quite as 'crazy' as some others, but I have done my fair share to convert my peers to the path of Muse. I can't quite pinpoint which song I'd like, but Plug In Baby is definitely near the top. Many others would be great as well and I can't wait to get Hysteria.
    Welcome to the party! It's good to see some more Muse love.

Hey, have you guys seen http://www.musewiki.org before? I just stumbled upon it today. It's pretty crazy. My favorite part: they've got full summaries of practically every concert Muse has played, complete with photos of the setlists and even transcripts of their on stage bantor. Muse fans are scary! LOL
    edited April 2008
    vicious136;555944 said:
    Welcome to the party! It's good to see some more Muse love.

Hey, have you guys seen http://www.musewiki.org before? I just stumbled upon it today. It's pretty crazy. My favorite part: they've got full summaries of practically every concert Muse has played, complete with photos of the setlists and even transcripts of their on stage bantor. Muse fans are scary! LOL
    Also Microcuts
    And the Official Muse Messageboard
  • xdoctorblindxxdoctorblindx Unsigned
    edited April 2008
    just another muse fanatic! ...and on the topic of real instruments, I'm a degree-equiped guitarist and I bought rock band, beat drums on expert (took 3 weeks, never having played drums before, other than fooling around on bandmate's sets), bought a real kit, played for 3 months, applied at a contemporary music college (not specifying which...just a tad personal), and got accepted after my audition...these games are fantastic...although I do beleive some beginner drum instructor's will lose thier jobs haha :P
  • Muse13Muse13 Unsigned
    edited April 2008
    Bonez;554868 said:
    That's pretty sweet, but how could you forget New Born in the Origin pack? :eek:
    Well I would have put New Born, but the piano beginning made me think twice.. Although the song has a fatty bass line, and a guitar solo, and again great drums, sick vocals... that piano beginning would be tricky. But then again it could work... New born would be pretty nasty..

Oh and the stars next to the songs are just cause they are over 3 songs, and pretty much you could replace any of the the three songs with one of the star songs, or just make the stared songs singles..
  • Alright_ComputerAlright_Computer Butt Neck
    edited April 2008
    I wouldn't call myself a guitar or piano "master" but I am OK at New Born (for piano) and good at Hysteria, Knights of Cydonia, and Plug In Baby for guitar. Oh, and Starlight too. But hey, give anyone a keyboard and they should be able to play the main riff of Starlight in less than 10 minutes. I'm proud though, I just played along to the recording of KoC and kept up with Matt! Maybe I missed a note or four in a couple places, but overall it was awesome.
  • xdoctorblindxxdoctorblindx Unsigned
    edited April 2008
    this thread has more posts then any other thread on this forum...is hmx getting the point?
    edited April 2008
    xdoctorblindx;556554 said:
    this thread has more posts then any other thread on this forum...is hmx getting the point?
    Actually, I think it's the 3rd most popular, and the most popular band thread... bottom line is, we want Muse now. We want it now! I'll give you my heart and soul... come on!

Couldn't resist. It was too easy.
    edited April 2008
    vicious136;555944 said:
    I suggested the site a few (well, tens) of pages ago. Got washed away in the post flood :) Love that site though, like reading about the gigs and stories behind songs and albums.
    edited April 2008
    Sveppi;556595 said:
    I suggested the site a few (well, tens) of pages ago. Got washed away in the post flood :) Love that site though, like reading about the gigs and stories behind songs and albums.
    Yeah, I found that site awhile ago, it's really amazing how much information there is on everything, including the B-sides, limited editions, live versions, and even foreign versions. It's surprising to see the background on some of those songs, actually.
    edited April 2008
    Sveppi;556595 said:
    I think I remember that. It was so many pages ago! I'm a little slow on the uptake when it comes to internet things.

As a side note, I'm listening to a bada$$ bootleg recording of the Muse concert I went to last Sept here in Seattle. It is awesome!!! I found it on the musewiki site.
    edited April 2008
    vicious136;556741 said:
    I think I remember that. It was so many pages ago! I'm a little slow on the uptake when it comes to internet things.

As a side note, I'm listening to a bada$$ bootleg recording of the Muse concert I went to last Sept here in Seattle. It is awesome!!! I found it on the musewiki site.
    Have you listened to the Royal Albert Hall concert? It's really awesome, the play Megalomania on freakin' huge organ :)
    I'm gonna go and check out that Seattle concert.
    edited April 2008
    I checked out the page for the one Muse concert I went to (Chicago, 2006), but I couldn't find a bootleg. Which is too bad, because that was a kickass concert. Oh well. It was still great. The Cloud Room, who were the supporting act, rocked too, even though I just now remembered their names when I got to the website.
  • stxbomber191stxbomber191 Opening Act
    edited April 2008
    For the love of God, 109 pages! Wow!

I think an album or a 6 pack is in order.

Maybe a greatest hits compilation, like:

New Born
    Plug In Baby
    The Small Print
    Citizen Erased
    Cave
    Muscle Museum
    Stockholm Syndrome
    Showbiz
    Thoughts of a Dying Atheist

And maybe a 3 pack of their mainstream songs:
    Starlight
    Knights of Cydonia
    Hysteria

Even though the first one would be better.
    edited April 2008
    stxbomber191;556996 said:
    For the love of God, 109 pages! Wow!

I think an album or a 6 pack is in order.

Maybe a greatest hits compilation, like:

New Born
    Plug In Baby
    The Small Print
    Citizen Erased
    Cave
    Muscle Museum
    Stockholm Syndrome
    Showbiz
    Thoughts of a Dying Atheist

And maybe a 3 pack of their mainstream songs:
    Starlight
    Knights of Cydonia
    Hysteria

Even though the first one would be better.
    You picked Showbiz :) love that song.
    I like that pack, but you need another song instead of Hysteria in the mainstream pack cause that's already been confirmed as a single. Maybe Supermassive Black Hole (making it a Black Holes & Revelations 3pack) or Time is Running Out.