Muse DLC. Period.

Comments

• vicious136vicious136 Rising Star
    edited April 2008
    Changed my cell phone ring to New Born today. I really think that song needs to be in RB. And to be honest, I don't even think they need to map the piano intro to anything. It can just be an intro like the one in Foreplay/Longtime or Won't Get Fooled Again. In fact, I think it'd be better that way because that build up is freakin' awesome!
  • TakeABowTakeABow Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    vicious136;565654 said:
    Changed my cell phone ring to New Born today. I really think that song needs to be in RB. And to be honest, I don't even think they need to map the piano intro to anything. It can just be an intro like the one in Foreplay/Longtime or Won't Get Fooled Again. In fact, I think it'd be better that way because that build up is freakin' awesome!
    Whenever there is a song with a piano/synth intro before the guitar kicks in, it is far more dramatic if the guitar player doesn't play until the guitar part actually begins. New Born would not be an exception.

Anyone else have Muse Ringtones? Mine is the solo from Invincible (the H.A.A.R.P. version).
  • edited April 2008
    I really feel like the game coming out in euro will force them to eventually release more muse, they are way too big over there to ignore.
  • Alright_ComputerAlright_Computer Butt Neck
    edited April 2008
    TakeABow;565693 said:
    Whenever there is a song with a piano/synth intro before the guitar kicks in, it is far more dramatic if the guitar player doesn't play until the guitar part actually begins. New Born would not be an exception.

Anyone else have Muse Ringtones? Mine is the solo from Invincible (the H.A.A.R.P. version).
    Yeah, I agree with you and vicious. There are parts for 3 instruments if you count the bass/synthesizer thing. I'm not entirely sure what it is. But anyway, yeah, it could be an intro thingy.

My Muse ringtone is the opening riff to Plug In Baby. However, I have different songs for each person. So if Person A calls me, it's Stockholm Syndrome, but if person B calls, it's another non-Muse song, and so on.
  • BubblegumBubblegum Rising Star
    edited April 2008
    If I had a functioning cellphone, I'd have a Muse song as my ringtone. Maybe New Born or Hysteria or Invincible or Muscle Museum or... eh, if I had a cellphone and it played me a Muse clip whenever someone called it, I'd probably never answer it. ._.; I'd be a happy camper, though.

I agree that the guitar in New Born shouldn't be mapped until there's guitar to map. As much as I love the keyboard intro, it probably wouldn't be fun on the guitar controller. Plus, all the other band members are doing stuff for the introduction, and the guitar player always sees so much action in all the other songs that it's probably time the others had their time to shine.
    Plus, the rest of the song would totally make up for it. The song is six minutes, and the guitar comes in somewhere around 1:30, which leaves four minutes and thirty seconds for the guitarist to go nuts (longer than the average Rock Band song, probably, definitely if you take out curve-skewers like Green Grass and High Tides.). And New Born would be a fun guitar song.
    It's a definite must for Rock Band.
    But I'd like to hear the crowd sing along to the chorus. That'd be awesome.
    Speaking of which, the chorus of Hysteria would be awesome with a crowd sing-along. If it's coming on the European disc, maybe we'll get it here.
    Though, compared to having Muse in the game, crowd sing-alongs are small potatoes.
  • SveppiSveppi Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    TakeABow;565693 said:

I've had Hysteria for a few months and before that I had Bliss :)

I also agree with the non-charting of New Born's piano intro.
  • KotrlKotrl Unsigned
    edited April 2008
    I guess you would be missing out on the Piano in alot of great songs.

Muse only has 3 members (+that extra guy on Live performances) but I guess it would work because Bellamy sings and plays guitar.

Hysteria was definitely a good choice, especially for Bass.

My ultimate pack would be Bliss, Starlight and Sunburn. Not sure that'd work though.
    edited April 2008
    Bubblegum;566189 said:
    If I had a functioning cellphone, I'd have a Muse song as my ringtone. Maybe New Born or Hysteria or Invincible or Muscle Museum or... eh, if I had a cellphone and it played me a Muse clip whenever someone called it, I'd probably never answer it. ._.; I'd be a happy camper, though.

I agree that the guitar in New Born shouldn't be mapped until there's guitar to map. As much as I love the keyboard intro, it probably wouldn't be fun on the guitar controller. Plus, all the other band members are doing stuff for the introduction, and the guitar player always sees so much action in all the other songs that it's probably time the others had their time to shine.
    Plus, the rest of the song would totally make up for it. The song is six minutes, and the guitar comes in somewhere around 1:30, which leaves four minutes and thirty seconds for the guitarist to go nuts (longer than the average Rock Band song, probably, definitely if you take out curve-skewers like Green Grass and High Tides.). And New Born would be a fun guitar song.
    It's a definite must for Rock Band.
    But I'd like to hear the crowd sing along to the chorus. That'd be awesome.
    Speaking of which, the chorus of Hysteria would be awesome with a crowd sing-along. If it's coming on the European disc, maybe we'll get it here.
    Though, compared to having Muse in the game, crowd sing-alongs are small potatoes.
    There have not been any crowd sing-alongs on any of the DLC. So we can't expect any, but since the PAL bonus tracks are just that - Bonus Tracks, instead of DLC, perhaps they will feature the sing-along. I really hope they do.
    Kotrl;566512 said:

Muse only has 3 members (+that extra guy on Live performances) but I guess it would work because Bellamy sings and plays guitar.
    Two extra guys actually.
    Morgan Nicholls - keyboards, synthesisers, backing vocals.
    Dan Newell – trumpet
    edited April 2008
    There is a 'What DLC we want type thing' thread out there, which is just starting to get off the ground, and the OP wants 3 packs from each of 3 bands. He is updating the votes manually, so you can vote for anything. Lets make Muse the #1 band on that list.

Here is the link: http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44490
    edited April 2008
    TakeABow;566754 said:
    Two extra guys actually.
    Morgan Nicholls - keyboards, synthesisers, backing vocals.
    Dan Newell – trumpet
    I've only seen the trumpet guy perform on Knights of Cydonia so far, but since that's a live concert staple, I guess they need someone there. Muse were never the ones that use samples at concerts.

P.S. I think the crowd sing-alongs would be awesome on the following, if they ever made it into the game:

New Born
    Knights of Cydonia
    Time is Running Out
    Hysteria (this may actually happen)
    Stockholm Syndrome
    And so on.

For proof just watch HAARP.
    edited April 2008
    Alright_Computer;566912 said:
    I've only seen the trumpet guy perform on Knights of Cydonia so far, but since that's a live concert staple, I guess they need someone there. Muse were never the ones that use samples at concerts.

P.S. I think the crowd sing-alongs would be awesome on the following, if they ever made it into the game:

New Born
    Knights of Cydonia
    Time is Running Out
    Hysteria (this may actually happen)
    Stockholm Syndrome
    And so on.

For proof just watch HAARP.
    Trumpet Man Newell also plays in City of Delusion.

The H.A.A.R.P. CD version of Time Is Running Out has probably the most amazing crowd participation I have ever heard. They were almost as loud as Matt was, even amplified to be loud enough for all of Wembley to hear him.

Amazing stuff. People sing along for almost all of the HAARP DVD.
    edited April 2008
    TakeABow;566915 said:
    Trumpet Man Newell also plays in City of Delusion.

The H.A.A.R.P. CD version of Time Is Running Out has probably the most amazing crowd participation I have ever heard. They were almost as loud as Matt was, even amplified to be loud enough for all of Wembley to hear him.

Amazing stuff. People sing along for almost all of the HAARP DVD.
    Oh. I guess I didn't know he played on City of Delusion (stupid UK iTunes pre-orders...) or I never noticed it before. And yeah, Muse is one of the best, if not the best, live bands of today, and the crowd participation just adds to that.
    edited April 2008
    Alright_Computer;566928 said:
    Oh. I guess I didn't know he played on City of Delusion (stupid UK iTunes pre-orders...) or I never noticed it before. And yeah, Muse is one of the best, if not the best, live bands of today, and the crowd participation just adds to that.
    A big factor of them being so good live is they produce everything with on-stage instruments, with real live musicians. Not being bound to a backtrack of any kind allows for complete freedom for improvisation, which they excel at. Combine this with thier amazing musical abilities, and the feeling they put into their songs, and you get something truly epic.
    edited April 2008
    TakeABow;566939 said:
    A big factor of them being so good live is they produce everything with on-stage instruments, with real live musicians. Not being bound to a backtrack of any kind allows for complete freedom for improvisation, which they excel at. Combine this with thier amazing musical abilities, and the feeling they put into their songs, and you get something truly epic.
    Yeah, Matt's improvised solos are really great. I think there's one before Stockholm Syndrome on the DVD. Whichever song it was, it was really good.
    edited April 2008
    Alright_Computer;566957 said:
    Yeah, Matt's improvised solos are really great. I think there's one before Stockholm Syndrome on the DVD. Whichever song it was, it was really good.
    Beyond the random solos, which were indeed good, the ability to stretch out the pre-solo hook on a song an extra few bars for emphasis, or even just adding random notes into songs, changing chords slightly, and whatever else they wanted to do. Plus all the random effects modulation Matt does using the XY pad built into his custom Mansons.

Muse shows are never the same twice, and always good because they improvise in a good way every show. I say that every show tells its own story, which is true for all bands, but especially true for Muse, since even with the same exact setlist, they would play the songs slightly differently.
    edited April 2008
    TakeABow;566970 said:
    Beyond the random solos, which were indeed good, the ability to stretch out the pre-solo hook on a song an extra few bars for emphasis, or even just adding random notes into songs, changing chords slightly, and whatever else they wanted to do. Plus all the random effects modulation Matt does using the XY pad built into his custom Mansons.
    Yeah, plus they can interpret other songs into their own songs. I like where they cover Rage Against the Machine's cover of Maggie's Farm at the end of one of their own songs. (that was a mouthful)
    edited April 2008
    Alright_Computer;566976 said:
    Yeah, plus they can interpret other songs into their own songs. I like where they cover Rage Against the Machine's cover of Maggie's Farm at the end of one of their own songs. (that was a mouthful)
    Yeah, after Stockholm Syndrome. And Matt had to re-tune his guitar on the fly for that.
    edited April 2008
    TakeABow;566980 said:
    Yeah, after Stockholm Syndrome. And Matt had to re-tune his guitar on the fly for that.
    I wouldn't be able to tune my guitar accurately to Drop D or whatever tuning it's in that quickly. Not only is Matt a guitar hero, he's also a tuning hero.
    edited April 2008
    Alright_Computer;567001 said:
    I wouldn't be able to tune my guitar accurately to Drop D or whatever tuning it's in that quickly. Not only is Matt a guitar hero, he's also a tuning hero.
    QFT. Some of my friends who play guitar alot can switch to Drop D pretty fast, but not as fast as Matt can.
    edited April 2008
    TakeABow;567015 said:
    QFT. Some of my friends who play guitar alot can switch to Drop D pretty fast, but not as fast as Matt can.
    I could probably do it in about 10 seconds, maybe 5 seconds if I get it right on. But I still have to make sure it's right. And even then it would still probably be wrong. On my guitar, it's just a little more than a half turn of the knob, I think. So that's a reference for me.
  • edited April 2008
    Whoa Whoa, aren't Maggie's Farm AND Stockholm Syndrome both in Drop D? At least that's how I play them.
    edited April 2008
    Strawberry Fields;567025 said:
    Whoa Whoa, aren't Maggie's Farm AND Stockholm Syndrome both in Drop D? At least that's how I play them.
    I was actually wrong about Maggie's Farm being in Drop D. Stockholm Syndrome is in Drop D, and Maggie's Farm is in Drop B. :eek: That's low. Especially for Chris.
    edited April 2008
    Strawberry Fields;567025 said:
    Interesting. I have been told my some Muse enthusiasts that he had to re-tune on the fly.

EDIT:
    Alright_Computer;567036 said:
    I was actually wrong about Maggie's Farm being in Drop D. Stockholm Syndrome is in Drop D, and Maggie's Farm is in Drop B. :eek: That's low. Especially for Chris.
    That makes more sense.
    edited April 2008
    Drop B... I'd never considered it as a tuning until now. That's almost stupidly low.
    edited April 2008
    Alright_Computer;567062 said:
    Drop B... I'd never considered it as a tuning until now. That's almost stupidly low.
    Yeah. I have never heard of Drop B until today. I have put my guitar in Drop C once, and Drop D a few times.
    edited April 2008
    TakeABow;567067 said:
    Yeah. I have never heard of Drop B until today. I have put my guitar in Drop C once, and Drop D a few times.
    I don't know of any songs besides this one that use anything lower than Drop D. I would have to practice tuning it a lot if I wanted to get from Drop D to Drop B in less than 5 seconds.
    edited April 2008
    Alright_Computer;567074 said:
    I don't know of any songs besides this one that use anything lower than Drop D. I would have to practice tuning it a lot if I wanted to get from Drop D to Drop B in less than 5 seconds.
    Map of the Problematique uses Drop C. (CADGBE)

Drop B is really silly
    B-F#-B-E-G#-C#.
    edited April 2008
    TakeABow;567087 said:
    Map of the Problematique uses Drop C.
    That's new to me. I guess I never tried playing it.

Alternate tunings are fun :)
  • BubblegumBubblegum Rising Star
    edited April 2008
    I was thinking wishfully for crowd sing-alongs. But I really don't see why they're left out of DLC. A lot of DLC songs would sound amazing with them, not just Muse.

Having only seen the HAARP DVD in the way of full live performances, I can't comment on how different each concert is different. But they do differ from studio recordings (the New Born solo is a prime example) and put immense energy into their songs live.
    That being said, I'll reiterate that I must see them next time they come to the states. I don't care if I miss two days of school and my mother tags along (oof); it's Muse, the rest is unimportant.

Maybe Matt has perfect pitch or something. Wouldn't be surprised. I do, and I can drop the E to D in two or three seconds. Plus, Matt's had all the practice.
    But Drop-B? That's... really really low. Maybe the original used a seven-string guitar, because Drop-B just seems like a weird workaround for that.

Most of the tabs I've read list Map of the Problematique as Drop-C, though, while on the topic of songs with low tuning.
    edited April 2008
    Bubblegum;567103 said:
    it's Muse, the rest is unimportant.
    Just for that sentence alone. You deserve a cookie.