Muse DLC. Period.

Comments

• Alright_ComputerAlright_Computer Butt Neck
    edited April 2008
    TakeABow;571826 said:
    The whole Butterflies and Hurricanes thing.

Somehow we interpolated that eating egg salad caused Matt to leave the band.

Long story short, aliens and governmeent cover-ups later, egg salad is no longer on the "Ok for general consumption" list.
    Yeah, kind of like a butterfly flapping its wings in Japan can make a hurricane could have caused a major hurricane, having egg salad instead of tuna salad could make Muse break up. And all that was because of a typo I made.

Tuna salad FTW!
  • stxbomber191stxbomber191 Opening Act
    edited April 2008
    I'm just going to ignore the last 6 posts or so.
  • SveppiSveppi Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    stxbomber191;571935 said:
    Well, you asked so.....they were just explaining the whole thing :)
    edited April 2008
    stxbomber191;571935 said:
    Good idea. Even I'll admit it's a bit stupid. Though I now have egg-salad-phobia anyways.
  • BubblegumBubblegum Rising Star
    edited April 2008
    I never ate egg salad in the first place, but now I just give my friends dirty looks when they do.

Absolution Tour and Hullabaloo are at the top of my "When I can spend money on the internet I'm getting this stuff" list. Speaking of which, I should really look into that.
  • TakeABowTakeABow Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    Bubblegum;572341 said:
    I never ate egg salad in the first place, but now I just give my friends dirty looks when they do.

Absolution Tour and Hullabaloo are at the top of my "When I can spend money on the internet I'm getting this stuff" list. Speaking of which, I should really look into that.
    Damn egg salads ruining everything...

And some Food for Thought:

edited April 2008
    Ah, if only custom Rock Band songs were possible. It'd take bloody forever to make all of the note charts, but it would be absolutely worth it.

It looks unkind. ._.; Then again, that's where the challenge is. But it looks like it would give me massive hand cramps.
    Still pretty much awesome, though.
    edited April 2008
    Bubblegum;572834 said:
    Ah, if only custom Rock Band songs were possible. It'd take bloody forever to make all of the note charts, but it would be absolutely worth it.

It looks unkind. ._.; Then again, that's where the challenge is. But it looks like it would give me massive hand cramps.
    Still pretty much awesome, though.
    Watching that video made me really want to see it in the game.

Another video: Starlight - with some fairly difficult charting actually

edited April 2008
    Looks pretty neat, lots of piano charting and bass on guitar. I've always wanted Starlight in RB :)
    edited April 2008
    Sveppi;573122 said:
    Looks pretty neat, lots of piano charting and bass on guitar. I've always wanted Starlight in RB :)
    Yeah, it looks fairly challenging actually. If we get it, I expect a much simpler chart.
  • xbadx1233xbadx1233 Opening Act
    edited April 2008
    w00t! Number one thread in the forums!!!
  • BonezBonez Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    Oh man, those videos were awesome, but at the same time they're killing me. They are the ultimate proof that we really do need that 64-pack!

And that Absolution DVD is calling my name! I must get to Best Buy!
  • PacpunkPacpunk Opening Act
    edited April 2008
    I do hope I can get some MUSE sometime soon. I want

Suppermassive black hole
    Our Time Is Running Out
    and
    Hysteria

I would love it
    edited April 2008
    Pacpunk;573515 said:
    I do hope I can get some MUSE sometime soon. I want

Suppermassive black hole
    Our Time Is Running Out
    and
    Hysteria

I would love it
    Hysteria IS coming already. But we need more even after we get that.

There will never be too much Muse in Rock Band.
  • vicious136vicious136 Rising Star
    edited April 2008
    Muse WOO!

TakeABow, those videos are pretty sweet. I always love watching hacked GH tracks because the rest fo the band just stands there while the guitarist goes to town. I love the part in Thoughts of a Dying Athiest where the lead singer waves lazily at the crowd. Good times!

Oh and I thought I'd contribute with this. Watching it got me all excited for the end of May!

edited April 2008
    I always wanted to hack my GH2, but I was always to chicken to mess with it, hahaha. I would have been better off just doing it...my file got corrupted. I guess that would be the rock gods telling me to suck it up. I still stand by the fact that I would have made my PS2 explode though...electronics hate me.

But at least an explosion would have made me feel like I was at a Muse show for 15 seconds!
    edited April 2008
    I hate school internet. Can't watch YouTube videos. (Upside of being online at school, I get to be online during the day. Downside, I have to listen to all the kids in my class sing My Chemical Romance and Britney Spears songs.)
    I'll watch it when I get home.

Did I ever mention how psyched I am for Hysteria? 24 days until the European release, I think (Used lazy math, didn't actually count.)
    I wonder how long they'll wait between the PAL release and the release of the European tracks in the states.
  • hallowethehallowethe Unsigned
    edited April 2008
    Muse Songs need to come...very soon...very, very soon...please....
    edited April 2008
    Just watched the Starlight video.
    That looks like fun. ;D
    Of course, if it were in Rock Band, we probably wouldn't get the piano hook or the synth stuff in the bridge, but such is life, and if we did there would be so many gripes and complaints that it's not "realistic enough" that it'll make me want to go Pete Townshend on my plastic guitar.
    Might not be realistic, but it's more interesting and complex, at least. (Also, hopefully, if the piano hook is mapped to guitar it'll be as though on four different chords instead of three.

As for the Hysteria one, it looks like a blast. Makes me even more excited.
    (Though some of it has a case of GH3-like charting syndrome. The octaves are triples, what?)
  • vicious136vicious136 Rising Star
    edited April 2008
    Bubblegum;574761 said:

As for the Hysteria one, it looks like a blast. Makes me even more excited.
    (Though some of it has a case of GH3-like charting syndrome. The octaves are triples, what?)
    Yea the HMX mapping will be a lot more realistic. They do an amazing job of making it truly feel like you're playing the song and not just doing some button mashing with background music.

Here's one more for you guys. Stockholm Syndrome is my #2 choice for RB (right under Hysteria ^_^) and this video only makes it more so. It's rather comical to hear the clicking noises over the song. :D

• JoranJoran Unsigned
    edited April 2008
    not that it needs it (wow, lots of support here) but I thought I'd todd my gauntlet in with the rest of you Muse fans. Was only recently turned on to them, very interesting band.

Bumpage!
    edited April 2008
    That chart for Hysteria was not very good. Chords where there should have been straight notes? Also, in the main guitar riff, they put a long note where there should have been another note. Not bad, I guess, but the charter should have at least looked at the guitar tab to check out what the notes were. I just hope Harmonix is better at charting than that guy, and naturally, they are.
    edited April 2008
    I trust Harmonix to do better than that with Hysteria. They seem to know what they're doing when it comes to charting. (Maybe it's because they've got to look up the tabs to animate it correctly, so they might as well use them to make a good chart, too. Props to Harmonix.)

Allow me to welcome you to the forums, Joran (TakeABow probably would have done it, but he seems to be missing today.).
    It mainly seems that we have a lot of support, when really, we just have talkative regulars. xD Gives a good illusion, though.
    edited April 2008
    Bubblegum;575847 said:
    I trust Harmonix to do better than that with Hysteria. They seem to know what they're doing when it comes to charting. (Maybe it's because they've got to look up the tabs to animate it correctly, so they might as well use them to make a good chart, too. Props to Harmonix.)

Allow me to welcome you to the forums, Joran (TakeABow probably would have done it, but he seems to be missing today.).
    It mainly seems that we have a lot of support, when really, we just have talkative regulars. xD Gives a good illusion, though.
    Harmonix has shown over and over that thier charts "feel" like you are playing the real song. I'm sure Hysteria will be no exception.

Thanks for your support Joran. (I tend to only extend a formal "welcome" if I catch somebody on thier very first post, just in case somebody else welcomed them before me and I would look silly.)

I do probably talk/post too much.

I played about 10 straight hours of DotA tonight. Not Rock Band... I know... I know.

Sorry I was missed. :/
  • ColdplayerColdplayer Headliner
    edited April 2008
    God damnit, the whole Black Holes album NEEDS to be in Rockband, it's so amazing, it has so many different songs, and everyone is great.

Starlight, Invincible, Knights of Cydonia, Assassin, Map of the Problematique etc. :eek:
    edited April 2008
    Coldplayer;576443 said:
    God damnit, the whole Black Holes album NEEDS to be in Rockband, it's so amazing, it has so many different songs, and everyone is great.

Starlight, Invincible, Knights of Cydonia, Assassin, Map of the Problematique etc. :eek:
    Oh, what I would give to see Black Holes and Revelations in Rock Band. (With Glorious too, dare I say).

Does anyone know if any songs already in Rock Band are on either Warner or Helium3 labels?

Hysteria is from Absolution, which was on Mushroom Records, who obviously are in favor of Rock Band, since the song is getting included. Origin of Symmetry, Hullabaloo Soundtrack, and Showbiz were all on Mushroom too.

Edit: My Absolution Tour DVD says lists Warner as a label, so perhaps Warner was contacted for Hysteria, which gives me hope for BHaR.
    edited April 2008
    I totally agree with you on Glorious...my brother wrangled some of the extra tracks together...all I have to say Glorious is aptly named. I'm loving Eternally Missed too.

I won't be truly happy until we have the anthology.

I'm excited to see how Hysteria will be charted...I can tear that up on a real guitar, so it will be interesting to compare.
  • ColdplayerColdplayer Headliner
    edited April 2008
    I don't know which Label released Black Holes and Revelations, but since Knights of Cydonia is in Guitar Hero 3, I don't think it's impossible to get this album or songs from it.
    edited April 2008
    Coldplayer;576647 said:
    I don't know which Label released Black Holes and Revelations, but since Knights of Cydonia is in Guitar Hero 3, I don't think it's impossible to get this album or songs from it.
    It's on Warner/Helium3. He3 is Muse's label.
    I really want BH&R in RB for all the reasons stated before me, and of course because I love the album :)
    edited April 2008
    Exo-Politics would be perfect for Rock Band. It's got a premium mix of single notes, chords and a fun solo. I would buy BH&R simply for Exo, although the rest of the album would be insane amounts of fun too.