Muse DLC. Period.

Comments

• SveppiSveppi Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    Coldplayer;576647 said:
    I don't know which Label released Black Holes and Revelations, but since Knights of Cydonia is in Guitar Hero 3, I don't think it's impossible to get this album or songs from it.
    It's on Warner/Helium3. He3 is Muse's label.
    I really want BH&R in RB for all the reasons stated before me, and of course because I love the album :)
  • BonezBonez Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    Exo-Politics would be perfect for Rock Band. It's got a premium mix of single notes, chords and a fun solo. I would buy BH&R simply for Exo, although the rest of the album would be insane amounts of fun too.
  • FatWilmaFatWilma Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    so would u guys honestly want BH&R over a 6-pack with handpicked kick ass songs for RB?

i DEFinitely would want a song pack over any Muse album. no doubt about it.
    edited April 2008
    Nah, I think the topic of albums just came up again, that's all.

Put it like this, I'd buy anything from Muse, without hesitation.
    edited April 2008
    Bonez;576717 said:
    Nah, I think the topic of albums just came up again, that's all.

Put it like this, I'd buy anything from Muse, without hesitation.
    i would too, just saying that i would be slightly disappointed if they actually did release BH&R when all my favorite Muse songs are spread out over all their albums (also not a big fan of BH&R, but i do agree it would probably be the only full album to actually work in RB).
  • BubblegumBubblegum Rising Star
    edited April 2008
    I wholeheartedly agree. Black Holes and Revelations would make excellent full album DLC, including Glorious.
    Dani California, Highway Star, and Orange Crush at the least are on Warner. (All hail Wikipedia).

But if it boiled down to Black Holes vs. a Six-pack of songs from all the albums, I'd probably prefer a six-pack. All the songs on Black Holes are amazing, but then you have songs like New Born and Plug in Baby and Stockholm Syndrome that would be left out if it were just Black Holes.
    Of course, if we get a six pack, we miss out on the majority of the songs from Black Holes and Revelations, which wouldn't be good either, but some Origin or Symmetry and Absolution tracks take priority.
    Eh. Can't we have both?
    Or everything?
    edited April 2008
    Bubblegum;576738 said:
    I wholeheartedly agree. Black Holes and Revelations would make excellent full album DLC, including Glorious.
    Dani California, Highway Star, and Orange Crush at the least are on Warner. (All hail Wikipedia).

But if it boiled down to Black Holes vs. a Six-pack of songs from all the albums, I'd probably prefer a six-pack. All the songs on Black Holes are amazing, but then you have songs like New Born and Plug in Baby and Stockholm Syndrome that would be left out if it were just Black Holes.
    Of course, if we get a six pack, we miss out on the majority of the songs from Black Holes and Revelations, which wouldn't be good either, but some Origin or Symmetry and Absolution tracks take priority.
    Eh. Can't we have both?
    Or everything?
    Everything. :D
    edited April 2008
    I did a little detective work and I found out that all the labels that the Muse albums have been released on are now owned by Warner Music Group.

Oh, and I want everything!
    edited April 2008
    Good to know, that means that probably nothing's going to be a problem. Sky's the limit!
    64-pack, please. :]
  • ColdplayerColdplayer Headliner
    edited April 2008
    FatWilma;576714 said:
    so would u guys honestly want BH&R over a 6-pack with handpicked kick ass songs for RB?

i DEFinitely would want a song pack over any Muse album. no doubt about it.
    Since all my fav Muse songs are on Black Holes, yes, I would definitely prefer it over a 6 pack.
  • vicious136vicious136 Rising Star
    edited April 2008
    FatWilma;576720 said:
    i would too, just saying that i would be slightly disappointed if they actually did release BH&R when all my favorite Muse songs are spread out over all their albums (also not a big fan of BH&R, but i do agree it would probably be the only full album to actually work in RB).
    I'm not sure if "disappointed" is the word you're looking for. Just imagine this:

You hop on the RB forums this Friday and notice a new thread in Announcements that says " DLC, week of May 6 ". You go in and click on the thread, you know, just to see what kind of interesting stuff will be coming up this week. You figure it's going to be another 3-pack of songs you've never paid much attention to but will probably download but wait . . . what's this?

Hey everyone,

We're proud to unleash our second full album upon the masses- Muse's 2006 release Black Holes & Revelations! All tracks will be available separately for $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points), or as a whole album for $14.99 (1200 Microsoft Points). Full press release here.

Now stop for a second and think about how you feel. That's not disappointment you feel, that's absolute bliss, the kind that gives people heart attacks and makes 3 year olds crap their pants.
    edited April 2008
    i would be SLIGHTLY disappointed becuase none of my favorite Muse songs are on BH&R.

that said, i would be happy that they released a full album dlc from a non-prehistoric band and would obviously buy it the day it came out. i would just wish they had used that dlc effort on Stockholm, New Born, Citizen Erased, Plug In Baby, etc, etc.
    edited April 2008
    vicious136;576831 said:
    I'm not sure if "disappointed" is the word you're looking for. Just imagine this:

You hop on the RB forums this Friday and notice a new thread in Announcements that says " DLC, week of May 6 ". You go in and click on the thread, you know, just to see what kind of interesting stuff will be coming up this week. You figure it's going to be another 3-pack of songs you've never paid much attention to but will probably download but wait . . . what's this?

Hey everyone,

We're proud to unleash our second full album upon the masses- Muse's 2006 release Black Holes & Revelations! All tracks will be available separately for $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points), or as a whole album for $14.99 (1200 Microsoft Points). Full press release here.

Now stop for a second and think about how you feel. That's not disappointment you feel, that's [b]absolute bliss, the kind that gives people heart attacks and makes 3 year olds crap their pants.[/B]
    Haha, that sentence was pretty close to absolute bliss.
    edited April 2008
    vicious136;576831 said:

Hey everyone,

There is probably just one thing that would get me more excited. If you replace Black Holes & Revelations with Ok Computer and Muse with Radiohead. But still, Black Holes would be awesome.
  • TakeABowTakeABow Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    Coldplayer;576944 said:
    There is probably just one thing that would get me more excited. If you replace Black Holes & Revelations with Ok Computer and Muse with Radiohead. But still, Black Holes would be awesome.
    Not The Cure - Disintegration?

I would be really excited about BHaR, because Invincible is on it, and I don't honestly see it getting in the game unless the album comes out. I would prefer a hand-picked 6 pack overall, and I would prefer it 100% if Invincible was one of the 6.
    edited April 2008
    Okay my itunes is creepy. Yesterday I got on here and while I was reading Bubblegum's post about the Starlight GH vid Starlight started playing. Then just now, I'm reading Coldplayer's post about OK Computer and Radiohead starts playing in the background.

OK Computer would be an awesome choice for Full Album DLC! I'd still rather have me some Muse but I certainly wouldn't complain if more Radiohead showed up!
    edited April 2008
    TakeABow;576962 said:
    Not The Cure - Disintegration?
    Oh, yeeees, you're right, I guess I would be the most excited about Ok Computer, then Disintegration and then Black Holes. Maybe Silent Alarm/Weekend in The City is in there too, probably on the same "Wanted Level" as BH&R. :D
    edited April 2008
    vicious136;576963 said:
    Okay my itunes is creepy. Yesterday I got on here and while I was reading Bubblegum's post about the Starlight GH vid Starlight started playing. Then just now, I'm reading Coldplayer's post about OK Computer and Radiohead starts playing in the background.

OK Computer would be an awesome choice for Full Album DLC! I'd still rather have me some Muse but I certainly wouldn't complain if more Radiohead showed up!
    Was it on shuffle? Because that is pretty amazing :)
    edited April 2008
    Coldplayer;576975 said:
    Oh, yeeees, you're right, I guess I would be the most excited about Ok Computer, then Disintegration and then Black Holes. Maybe Silent Alarm/Weekend in The City is in there too, probably on the same "Wanted Level" as BH&R. :D
    Glad we could corrupt you into liking Muse.

I keep trying to listen to Starlight. Its catchy, but its simple and poppy. Almost reminds me of Creep, in a way.
    vicious136;576963 said:

Its a sign. Almost like the planet's aligning. It indicates... something.

But you, the brave scientist who discovered this phenomenon, you deserve a cookie.

*gives a cookie*.

***Reminds me of the time I was bored enough to do one of those "quizzes" where you put iTunes on shuffle, write down the title of each song that comes up as the answer to each question. Radiohead's 2+2=5 came up for the question "What is 2+2?".
    edited April 2008
    Sveppi;576987 said:
    Was it on shuffle? Because that is pretty amazing :)
    It was on shuffle.
    TakeABow;577012 said:
    Its a sign. Almost like the planet's aligning. It indicates... something.

But you, the brave scientist who discovered this phenomenon, you deserve a cookie.

*gives a cookie*.

***Reminds me of the time I was bored enough to do one of those "quizzes" where you put iTunes on shuffle, write down the title of each song that comes up as the answer to each question. Radiohead's 2+2=5 came up for the question "What is 2+2?".
    Thanks for the cookie ^_^ It is tasty.

That is pretty awesome. It's nice to know that it's not just my itunes that is self-aware.
    edited April 2008
    Psh, iTunes can read minds, I'm convinced of it. That's not a bad thing though...I love it when it plays what I'm thinking of.

I'm very excited right now. I learned how to play Con-Science on the piano. I know it's not a very hard song, but I can't play freaking chop sticks, so this is awesome! I'll be over here doing the happy dance for awhile.
    edited April 2008
    vicious136;577084 said:
    It was on shuffle.

Thanks for the cookie ^_^ It is tasty.

That is pretty awesome. It's nice to know that it's not just my itunes that is self-aware.
    Speaking of self-aware music players.

Chances are I am the only Linux user here, but, if you are using Linux and aren't using Amarok, check it out. It can play last.fm radio, recommend tracks to you, and it even has the Last.fm AutoScrobbler built in, on top of being a feature-loaded, lighweight music player. Clicky

Songbird is still under devellppment, but it is an iTunes look-alike with tons more features, and fully customizable. It features the ability to play tracks straight from a website if there are *.mp3s on it, like from a mp3 blog. It is cross-platform, but sadly, its only at a 0.5 release, and still buggy. Clicky
    edited April 2008
    My brother's laptop runs on Linux, and I think he uses Amarok.
    Oddly enough, though, he doesn't have a last.fm account. ._.;

I put my iTunes on shuffle sometimes, and sometimes I'll think something like, "Hm, I haven't heard Citizen Erased in a while..." and bam -- Citizen Erased comes on.
    Happens fairly often. iTunes is psychic, I swear it.
    edited April 2008
    The machines are taking over!
    edited April 2008
    Sveppi;577181 said:
    I hate it when this happens.
    edited April 2008
    Sveppi;577181 said:
    They already have.

• domer415domer415 Unsigned
    edited April 2008
    they start out friendly, and once they have our trust thats when they attack
    edited April 2008
    domer415;577227 said:
    they start out friendly, and once they have our trust thats when they attack
  • domer415domer415 Unsigned
    edited April 2008
    i don't think anybody has added any of thier b-sides songs, or i just don't feel like reading through all the post, but here are some

Host
    Easily
    Dead Star
    Fury
    Eternally Missed
    In Your World
    Shine
    edited April 2008
    Don't forget Glorious.