Muse DLC. Period.

Comments

• ColdplayerColdplayer Headliner
    edited April 2008
    vicious136;576831 said:

Hey everyone,

We're proud to unleash our second full album upon the masses- Muse's 2006 release Black Holes & Revelations! All tracks will be available separately for $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points), or as a whole album for $14.99 (1200 Microsoft Points). Full press release here.

There is probably just one thing that would get me more excited. If you replace Black Holes & Revelations with Ok Computer and Muse with Radiohead. But still, Black Holes would be awesome.
  • TakeABowTakeABow Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    Coldplayer;576944 said:
    There is probably just one thing that would get me more excited. If you replace Black Holes & Revelations with Ok Computer and Muse with Radiohead. But still, Black Holes would be awesome.
    Not The Cure - Disintegration?

I would be really excited about BHaR, because Invincible is on it, and I don't honestly see it getting in the game unless the album comes out. I would prefer a hand-picked 6 pack overall, and I would prefer it 100% if Invincible was one of the 6.
  • vicious136vicious136 Rising Star
    edited April 2008
    Okay my itunes is creepy. Yesterday I got on here and while I was reading Bubblegum's post about the Starlight GH vid Starlight started playing. Then just now, I'm reading Coldplayer's post about OK Computer and Radiohead starts playing in the background.

OK Computer would be an awesome choice for Full Album DLC! I'd still rather have me some Muse but I certainly wouldn't complain if more Radiohead showed up!
    edited April 2008
    TakeABow;576962 said:
    Not The Cure - Disintegration?
    Oh, yeeees, you're right, I guess I would be the most excited about Ok Computer, then Disintegration and then Black Holes. Maybe Silent Alarm/Weekend in The City is in there too, probably on the same "Wanted Level" as BH&R. :D
  • SveppiSveppi Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    vicious136;576963 said:
    Okay my itunes is creepy. Yesterday I got on here and while I was reading Bubblegum's post about the Starlight GH vid Starlight started playing. Then just now, I'm reading Coldplayer's post about OK Computer and Radiohead starts playing in the background.

OK Computer would be an awesome choice for Full Album DLC! I'd still rather have me some Muse but I certainly wouldn't complain if more Radiohead showed up!
    Was it on shuffle? Because that is pretty amazing :)
    edited April 2008
    Coldplayer;576975 said:
    Oh, yeeees, you're right, I guess I would be the most excited about Ok Computer, then Disintegration and then Black Holes. Maybe Silent Alarm/Weekend in The City is in there too, probably on the same "Wanted Level" as BH&R. :D
    Glad we could corrupt you into liking Muse.

I keep trying to listen to Starlight. Its catchy, but its simple and poppy. Almost reminds me of Creep, in a way.
    vicious136;576963 said:

Its a sign. Almost like the planet's aligning. It indicates... something.

But you, the brave scientist who discovered this phenomenon, you deserve a cookie.

*gives a cookie*.

***Reminds me of the time I was bored enough to do one of those "quizzes" where you put iTunes on shuffle, write down the title of each song that comes up as the answer to each question. Radiohead's 2+2=5 came up for the question "What is 2+2?".
    edited April 2008
    Sveppi;576987 said:
    Was it on shuffle? Because that is pretty amazing :)
    It was on shuffle.
    TakeABow;577012 said:
    Its a sign. Almost like the planet's aligning. It indicates... something.

But you, the brave scientist who discovered this phenomenon, you deserve a cookie.

*gives a cookie*.

***Reminds me of the time I was bored enough to do one of those "quizzes" where you put iTunes on shuffle, write down the title of each song that comes up as the answer to each question. Radiohead's 2+2=5 came up for the question "What is 2+2?".
    Thanks for the cookie ^_^ It is tasty.

That is pretty awesome. It's nice to know that it's not just my itunes that is self-aware.
  • BonezBonez Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    Psh, iTunes can read minds, I'm convinced of it. That's not a bad thing though...I love it when it plays what I'm thinking of.

I'm very excited right now. I learned how to play Con-Science on the piano. I know it's not a very hard song, but I can't play freaking chop sticks, so this is awesome! I'll be over here doing the happy dance for awhile.
    edited April 2008
    vicious136;577084 said:
    It was on shuffle.

Thanks for the cookie ^_^ It is tasty.

That is pretty awesome. It's nice to know that it's not just my itunes that is self-aware.
    Speaking of self-aware music players.

Chances are I am the only Linux user here, but, if you are using Linux and aren't using Amarok, check it out. It can play last.fm radio, recommend tracks to you, and it even has the Last.fm AutoScrobbler built in, on top of being a feature-loaded, lighweight music player. Clicky

Songbird is still under devellppment, but it is an iTunes look-alike with tons more features, and fully customizable. It features the ability to play tracks straight from a website if there are *.mp3s on it, like from a mp3 blog. It is cross-platform, but sadly, its only at a 0.5 release, and still buggy. Clicky
  • BubblegumBubblegum Rising Star
    edited April 2008
    My brother's laptop runs on Linux, and I think he uses Amarok.
    Oddly enough, though, he doesn't have a last.fm account. ._.;

I put my iTunes on shuffle sometimes, and sometimes I'll think something like, "Hm, I haven't heard Citizen Erased in a while..." and bam -- Citizen Erased comes on.
    Happens fairly often. iTunes is psychic, I swear it.
    edited April 2008
    The machines are taking over!
    edited April 2008
    Sveppi;577181 said:
    I hate it when this happens.
    edited April 2008
    Sveppi;577181 said:
    They already have.

• domer415domer415 Unsigned
    edited April 2008
    they start out friendly, and once they have our trust thats when they attack
    edited April 2008
    domer415;577227 said:
    they start out friendly, and once they have our trust thats when they attack
  • domer415domer415 Unsigned
    edited April 2008
    i don't think anybody has added any of thier b-sides songs, or i just don't feel like reading through all the post, but here are some

Host
    Easily
    Dead Star
    Fury
    Eternally Missed
    In Your World
    Shine
    edited April 2008
    Don't forget Glorious.
    edited April 2008
    Bonez;577286 said:
    Don't forget Glorious.
    I have a soft spot for Futurism. Also there's Spiral Static.
  • Asphyx1ateDAsphyx1ateD Unsigned
    edited April 2008
    domer415;577266 said:
    i don't think anybody has added any of thier b-sides songs, or i just don't feel like reading through all the post, but here are some

Host
    Easily
    Dead Star
    Fury
    Eternally Missed
    In Your World
    Shine
    I suggested Easily earlier, it'd be pretty amazing.
    Bonez;577286 said:
    Don't forget Glorious.
    Technically a bonus track for BHAR rather than a b-side...
    edited April 2008
    Those are sweet songs too. I'm loving Con-Science at the moment, but that wouldn't work because it's almost entirely piano. That's okay though, being able to play it makes up for it's un-Rock-Bandness.
    Asphyx1ateD" said:
    True, but it's still kinda hard to get a hold of, so it could be thrown in the b-side/rare mix.
  • Asphyx1ateDAsphyx1ateD Unsigned
    edited April 2008
    Only very "rocky" songs would suit Rock Band really... stuff like Citizen Erased, Crying Shame, The Small Print, etc.

As long as the songs chosen capture the extent of Matt's vocals (aka as long a they make it hell for the singer) then it's all good.
    edited April 2008
    Asphyx1ateD;577310 said:
    I suggested Easily earlier, it'd be pretty amazing.

Actually, Glorious was the b-side on the Invincible 7" vinyl.

Easily is also a great song:)
    edited April 2008
    I just watched HAARP and I kinda have mixed feelings. I didn't know every song but I really like the ones from Black Holes and some from Absolution, but there are some things I don't really like about Muse.

First, I have to say the good things. The concert was breathtaking, I mean the stage technique and the performance. Amazing. Balamy is definitely one of the best musicians I've ever seen, could play hardcore guitar soli with his eyes closed, has an amazing voice and is also a great pianist. The other band membrs are amazing as well, of course.

Now, to the criticism. Don't hate me, but I really have to say that many Muse songs really sound almost the same. You can probably say that about most bands, but I think I noticed that the most with Muse. For example Time Is Running out and Sing For Absolution kinda have the same sound, I mean, yeah, of course they sound like different songs, but they just are the same kind of songs.

It's hard to explain, but especially if you hear those songs for the first time, if you listen through the whole concert and don't know the songs, I think you will think that you hear the same songs over and over.

Of course there are also songs that stand out, like Invincible, Knights of Cydonia or Starlight. But there are also a few songs where people who don't know those songs really will say "Wait, didn't they play this already?"
    At least I said that about some songs, because, like I said, I didn't know every song and just listened through Absolution and Black Holes a few times.

And there is another thing I didn't like. Some parts of some songs are just NOISE for me. What Belamy does with the guitar, although it's really amazing what he can do, for me, is still just some noises that even hurt a little. I know if I would be in that crowd and listen to those parts in this concert, I would immediately think "hopefully this song stops soon". I even thought this a few times while watching HAARP today.

Don't get me wrong, I like Muse, and I really love the album Black Holes (and it's definitely better than almost everything that is in Rockband so far) but I think I know now why I didn't listen to Muse until now.

I can still say I dicovered the band for me, I will continue to listen to Muse and I will still love many of their songs, but I know why this band will never be my fav band. It's just too guitar heavy.

BTW, I never knew that Muse also did a cover of Feeling Good. I was really surprised.

Oh, and another thing, while they played Supermassive Blackhole, I notice a guy in the crowd who kinda looks like HMXSean!! lol
    Okay, it probably wasn't him, but still :p
    edited April 2008
    Coldplayer;577409 said:

Oh, and another thing, while they played Supermassive Blackhole, I notice a guy in the crowd who kinda looks like HMXSean!! lol
    Okay, it probably wasn't him, but still :p
    I saw that guy too!

But I don't agree that their songs sound the same, except for some of the Showbiz era stuff. And are you sure you meant Sing for Absolution? Because I feel that it's nothing like Time is Running Out.
  • FatWilmaFatWilma Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    Coldplayer, its really wierd that u and i have such similar yet contrasting tastes for music, cause i'm right with u that i like Muse, but i couldn't ever say they were one of my favorite bands and its for totally different reasons than the ones u listed.

i have a hard time explaining why i like/dislike music (i know English isnt u're first language Coldplayer, and u're better at it than i am), but i think 1 of my major gripes with Muse is that they try too hard. i know that sounds kinda stupid, but i feel like they are such incredible musicians, i wish they would just let their songs sound more natural instead of trying to get such an epic sound out of every note, chorus, buildup, etc.

this is one of the major reasons i'm not too big on BH&R. i feel like they tried to go for such a BIG sound that they never really had to try to achieve before, it always just happened becuase they are such good musicians. idk, again, i'm not really good at explaining these things, i just wish Muse would take it back to the basics.
    edited April 2008
    Very good write up, Coldplayer. It's nice to see someone who has a different point of view share their feelings and not be afraid to disagree.

I can understand where you're coming from with the thought that a lot of their songs sound the same. There's a thin line between playing the same song over and over and having a "signature style". You are also correct in saying that this mode of thought can be applied to a lot of bands. This definitely depends on how much exposure you've had to the band in question. For example, the same can be said with relative accuracy about Radiohead, Coldplay, The Beatles, Rage Against the Machine, Disturbed, etc. However, once you really listen to the different songs from these bands, and I mean really listen, you'll realize that their songs are all very very different. It's just that the differences are much more subtle.

And just to show where I stand, I love every Muse song, and the same goes for Radiohead, Coldplay, and The Beatles. Just because they have a signature sound doesn't mean I ever get tired of it :)

As for the guitar noise you speak of, Matt does get a little [read: a lot] carried away in concert, especially during solos. Some may call it noise and I can't argue with that but I see it as creative use of feedback. Matt does a lot of really unique and revolutionary things with his guitar. IMO he's pushing the limits of what can come out of an electric guitar in the same way that Jimi Hendrix and Tom Morello have done before him.

Feeling Good is pretty awesome, isn't it? ^_^
  • xbadx1233xbadx1233 Opening Act
    edited April 2008
    Hey, has anyone heard that Muse is one of the top canadates to write the opening song for the next James Bond movie? I heard they were either gonna write an original or use Sing For Absolution
    edited April 2008
    FatWilma;577483 said:
    (i know English isnt u're first language Coldplayer, and u're better at it than i am)
    Haha, thanks ... although I just read my post again and immediately found some mistakes, but who cares. :p
    this is one of the major reasons i'm not too big on BH&R. i feel like they tried to go for such a BIG sound that they never really had to try to achieve before, it always just happened becuase they are such good musicians. idk, again, i'm not really good at explaining these things, i just wish Muse would take it back to the basics.
    Hm, I can't really say I dislike the fact that they try to sound epic. I like that. Although, maybe we mean the same thing. When Balamy uses all these weird guitar effects and you just hear all those loud noises he makes, that's what I don't really like.

@vicious: Maybe you can say it about some Radiohead songs, but Radiohead is actually one of the few bands that really has many different sounding songs. They really invent themselves new with almost every album. Especially when they released Kid A. And even In Rainbows is very different from Hail To The Thief, if you ask me.
    But of course, most bands will always have a signature sound, especially because the singers voice never changes.

About the guitar noise - I think it's amazing what Balamy does with the guitar, but I just don't think that the sound of an electric guitar is so nice, that someone needs to even make it louder, longer and heavier.

@Sveppi: Yeah, I mean those two songs, but their are also some others who kinda sound the same for me.
    edited April 2008
    xbadx1233;577537 said:
    Hey, has anyone heard that Muse is one of the top canadates to write the opening song for the next James Bond movie? I heard they were either gonna write an original or use Sing For Absolution
    Really? I heard that it would be Amy Winehouse, and why would they use Sing for Absolution? The Bond songs are always original compositions, right?

@Coldplayer: I respect your opinion on their music. I personally love the freaky guitar noises Matt makes :)
  • toomasiotoomasio Unsigned
    edited April 2008
    holy 135 pages....nice