Muse DLC. Period.

Comments

• BubblegumBubblegum Rising Star
    edited April 2008
    One could say the same about the Oasis pack released many moons ago.
    But I guess it's getting to be too close to the release of the European tracks to release more Muse, and it'll be a bit after that before Muse will be a safe release again.
    They've got to release the other full albums before they get to any Muse, too.

Coldplayer: Thank you. :]
  • vicious136vicious136 Rising Star
    edited April 2008
    Bubblegum;578127 said:
    One could say the same about the Oasis pack released many moons ago.
    But I guess it's getting to be too close to the release of the European tracks to release more Muse, and it'll be a bit after that before Muse will be a safe release again.
    They've got to release the other full albums before they get to any Muse, too.

Coldplayer: Thank you. :]
    Do you remember when the EU exclusives were leaked and this forum exploded with the wrath of Americans that wanted those songs and Europeans who wanted something special because of the crap they've had to go through to get the game? If they bust out some Muse, or worse, Hysteria itself, as DLC int he States before the EU release there will be an uproar like you wouldn't believe. We should be patient. The Muse will definitely come. I'd rather have to wait a bit than have it and feel even crappier about my friends in Europe and their RB situation.

On another note, I want to say that the current discussion is exactly why I like posting in this thread in particular. Here, I feel like you can say what your opinion is and not have to worry about getting flamed by people who fly off the handle as soon as someone says anything negative about what they like. So thanks Coldplayer and thanks everyone else!

Where's TakeABow and his cookies when you need him?
  • stxbomber191stxbomber191 Opening Act
    edited April 2008
    Actually, I think I'd rather not get Euro DLC and get a Muse pack after the Euro release.

Because I prefer about 8 songs to Hysteria anyway.
    edited April 2008
    Oh, gosh, I remember that. :eek: That was hysteria in and of itself (And that was terrible.)
    Well, we know Hysteria won't come out until after the European release. (Or simultaneously, but I doubt it'll be that quick.) If that happened, not only would I feel awful for the Europeans for getting their exclusives before they do (Really. As an American 360 owner, I feel bad for people all over the place, but the Europeans... they've been waiting forever, they deserve their exclusives before we do. Provided we get them, that is, otherwise I'd just be genuinely pissed off.), but these forums would be practically inaccessible because of all the bickering people would be doing regarding the tracks.
    I'm waiting patiently (I'm on a roll here) for Hysteria, and that's that; I've got other ways to bide my time (studying for finals comes to mind, but eh. There's no reason I couldn't pass them if they were put in front of me now.). As for more Muse, I can wait for a while. Hysteria will keep me occupied for some time until they throw us something else.
  • MusePTMusePT Rising Star
    edited April 2008
    FatWilma;578104 said:
    bam, u nailed it right there.

MusePT, i can understand that u like more energetic music, but are u really trying to get up and change the world everytime u're listening to something?
    No... but I rather listen to something that pushes me up than listen to something that drags me down!! ;)
  • xbadx1233xbadx1233 Opening Act
    edited April 2008
    Hey guys, like my new signature? I say we all post a 6 pack in our sigs! (remember, size 7 font and obnoxious colors!)
  • SveppiSveppi Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    stxbomber191;578059 said:
    I'm afraid that won't happen, as releasing a Muse pack before the Euro release would undercut the exclusives as much as giving them to the US before Europe.

But I do expect either a Muse pack or even full album (Origin plz) by the end of June.
    I know, call it wishful thinking :) And June would be nice for some more Muse!
    Bubblegum;578294 said:
    As for more Muse, I can wait for a while. Hysteria will keep me occupied for some time until they throw us something else.
    I'm practicing my Bellamy moves in anticipation to the release of Hysteria by watching live footage:)
    vicious136;578170 said:

On another note, I want to say that the current discussion is exactly why I like posting in this thread in particular. Here, I feel like you can say what your opinion is and not have to worry about getting flamed by people who fly off the handle as soon as someone says anything negative about what they like. So thanks Coldplayer and thanks everyone else!
    I couldn't agree with you more, this is a flame free thread and that's why I love it:)
    xbadx1233;578459 said:
    Hey guys, like my new signature? I say we all post a 6 pack in our sigs! (remember, size 7 font and obnoxious colors!)
    It's a bit......big and in your face. I like the message, but you might wanna turn down the size a bit :)
  • FatWilmaFatWilma Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    MusePT;578451 said:
    No... but I rather listen to something that pushes me up than listen to something that drags me down!! ;)
    like i said, i understand that u like high energy music. i do too. but what would up be if there was no down, hmm?
    edited April 2008
    Yeah, I guess that would make sense, seeing as it's the Tuesday after the release.
    Too bad the day before that is a school holiday; would have been the perfect time to throw a party for Hysteria. There's always the time between the end of school and the start of summer school, though. (Incidentally, June 9. Why~?)

xbadx1233: It's... big. Takes up my whole page. It could be toned down a size or two... or twenty.
  • TakeABowTakeABow Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    MusePT;578012 said:
    I really don't understand why so many people say that Muse and Radiohead are very much alike... I don't see any similarity... Muse as Power... Radiohead doesn't... Muse is uplifting, makes us want to "get up and change the world" but radiohead makes me want to sit down and fell depressed...
    Both Muse and Radiohead utilize keyboards/synthesizers. Both bands feature effects-laden, and often arpeggiated guitar riffs. Vocally, both tend toward slower, melodic tones, often featuring high falsettos for emphasis. Both draw influences from modern classical music, and tend to have very electronic sounding music, as well as very rich and expansive, as well as ambient tones. Both bands tend to write textured, polyrhythmic songs.

Radiohead is more experimental, and tends to not use song devices like memorable hooks and shredding guitar solos.

Muse likes to follow a more traditional song arrangement. The like to amp thier bass more, and I think tend to write songs with a certain 'grandness' to them.

Also of note: John Leckie, who produced The Bends, also produced Showbiz.
    xbadx1233;578459 said:
    Large and in charge.

But honestly, shrink that some. Or Alot.

@Coldplayer, I want to discuss your analysis of H.A.A.R.P. in another post. I want to say meaningfull, and well grounded stuff, so I'm gonna watch it again before I post. Expect a response in a bit. Chances are by the time I actually get around to it, your post will be like 10 pages back, but I figure the discussion is worth having.
  • domer415domer415 Unsigned
    edited May 2008
    Coldplayer;578050 said:
    @MusePT: Hm, well, that's your opinion. I can agree with you that they are different.

I agree, Muse is more power, but I would'nt call Radiohead depressing, instead I would call them more "Feeling" and "emotional".

So, Muse has more power, Radiohead more feeling, IMO.

What I think, do both bands have is complex and great music. Yorke and Balamy are both great songwriters and great musicians. I hope I can write extensive music like they do one day.

@Bubblegum: Reading your post now... EDIT: All I can say is, good post. :D

i truely agree with what you are saying here and i think that this is the reason i like both bands so much, one for the power and the other for the feeling
  • BonezBonez Road Warrior
    edited May 2008
    I guess I'm the only one who enjoys their use of feedback and the like. Maybe it's because I've been playing guitar for so long, but it just fascinates me. Personally, I can't wait to get my hands on some decent pickups and a few effects pedals so I can mess around with that stuff.
    edited May 2008
    Bonez;579476 said:
    I guess I'm the only one who enjoys their use of feedback and the like. Maybe it's because I've been playing guitar for so long, but it just fascinates me. Personally, I can't wait to get my hands on some decent pickups and a few effects pedals so I can mess around with that stuff.
    I'm with you, I love their creative use of effects and such :)
  • ArtonosArtonos Unsigned
    edited May 2008
    A Hysteria/Assassian/New Born Muse pack would own.
  • edited May 2008
    Oh man Muse would be awesome!
  • RockstarLeoRockstarLeo Opening Act
    edited May 2008
    Ok, so I had a strange but pleasant experience with the Haarp SE dvd last night... I had tried watching it twice and despite my selecting 5.1 sound in the audio setup menu, it would always play in mono, which sucks...

Well last night, I wanted to watch some of it with my girlfriend (who also digs muse) and I just fire up the DVD, and hit play right away, without going into the audio menu at all.

Lo and behold, the dvd then proceeds to play in DTS sound, which is not only full-surround, but also, not listed as an audio option in the menu (or on the DVD sleeve for that matter).

So it all comes down to don't select anything in the audio menu... needless to say I was puzzled but pleased :D
  • ColdplayerColdplayer Headliner
    edited May 2008
    vicious136;578170 said:
    Do you remember when the EU exclusives were leaked and this forum exploded with the wrath of Americans that wanted those songs and Europeans who wanted something special because of the crap they've had to go through to get the game? If they bust out some Muse, or worse, Hysteria itself, as DLC int he States before the EU release there will be an uproar like you wouldn't believe. We should be patient. The Muse will definitely come. I'd rather have to wait a bit than have it and feel even crappier about my friends in Europe and their RB situation.
    Well, I think that's stupid. Does it help Europe if the Americans have to suffer waiting for something although they actually must not? It doesn't bring Rockband out earlier if HMX is not giving the Americans the Muse DLC. At the time when Europe gets the game, Europe will get the whole DLC that was released in the US so far and at that time America will get the Europe exlusive tracks.
    You're welcome. :)
    FatWilma;578487 said:
    like i said, i understand that u like high energy music. i do too. but what would up be if there was no down, hmm?
    If thought, "Up is the new Down"? :D
  • FatWilmaFatWilma Road Warrior
    edited May 2008
    haha, Down Is The New Up

(from the In Rainbows bonus disc, maybe my favorite song of ALL In Rainbows tracks)
    edited May 2008
    FatWilma;580015 said:
    haha, Down Is The New Up
    Oh, yes, sorry, my mistake. Down is the new up! That's even better! Because that means he should like Radiohead as much as Muse, since Down is the New Up!! ;) :D
    edited May 2008
    Coldplayer;579993 said:
    Well, I think that's stupid. Does it help Europe if the Americans have to suffer waiting for something although they actually must not? It doesn't bring Rockband out earlier if HMX is not giving the Americans the Muse DLC. At the time when Europe gets the game, Europe will get the whole DLC that was released in the US so far and at that time America will get the Europe exlusive tracks.
    I think its more of a philosphical thing. They want the PAL release to be "Special" since it was delayed so long. So they include a bunch of bonus tracks. Of course we get wind of this and thow a fit because we want Muse, and we want it now.

But it would undermine the "uniqueness" of the PAL version to give them bonus tracks that have already been avaliable for a while. So the principle of the thing is to not release them until after May 23rd.

Edit: I guess my post about why Radiohead and Muse sound alike did get lost. But I still intend to go through your HAARP criqique Coldplayer, as soon as I get a free evening.
    edited May 2008
    TakeABow;580319 said:
    I think its more of a philosphical thing. They want the PAL release to be "Special" since it was delayed so long. So they include a bunch of bonus tracks. Of course we get wind of this and thow a fit because we want Muse, and we want it now.

But it would undermine the "uniqueness" of the PAL version to give them bonus tracks that have already been avaliable for a while. So the principle of the thing is to not release them until after May 23rd.
    Well, I think it's gift enough to give Europe those songs for free. America definitely have to pay for those songs.
    I still think HMX will release those songs in the end of May, probably on the same day when Europe gets all the American DLC.
    Edit: I guess my post about why Radiohead and Muse sound alike did get lost. But I still intend to go through your HAARP criqique Coldplayer, as soon as I get a free evening.
    Sorry! I really missed your last post! I have to agree with what you said. You said it more detailed. I just said one is power, one is feeling. :p

And yo, take your time. I hope I could explain good enough how I feel about Muse's music. Looking forward to what you have to say!
  • Alright_ComputerAlright_Computer Butt Neck
    edited May 2008
    MusePT;578012 said:
    I can't agree with you when you say the musics are alike... specially those two you mention!!!! I can say from the 4 albums the BH&R is the one I like the least (that doesn't mean that I don't like it), it's the most "Commercial/Pop" Muse album and it's very easy to see that from how many people that never heard of Muse before are in to the band since this last album, specially from songs like "Starlight", "Supermassive Black Hole", "Invincible"... So that's probably why you are more into this last album...

what you say about the songs sounding the same is exactly what I think of Radiohead... songs without "force", songs too mellow and that seam to drag themselves in agony... It's hard to understand what Tom is saying in a lot of songs... I fell that music from Radiohead lack "power", "Strength"... and I fell the same about Coldplay...

I really don't understand why so many people say that Muse and Radiohead are very much alike... I don't see any similarity... Muse as Power... Radiohead doesn't... Muse is uplifting, makes us want to "get up and change the world" but radiohead makes me want to sit down and fell depressed...

I see Radiohead much like I see Coldplay... those two to me are very alike...

And I don't mean no disrespect... it's just my opinion... I like some Radiohead songs a lot, like "Creep", "Idioteque", Fake Plastic Trees" but I think they are overrated... like U2 is the most overrated band ever!!! (but that's another discussion!! :p)

Muse Rocks my Socks Off!!!!!!!
    I guess we can agree to disagree... I personally like Muse, Radiohead, and U2 almost equally. Everyone has their opinion, and I respect it, unless they listen to Soulja Boy. But that doesn't belong here.
  • sandman2471sandman2471 Unsigned
    edited May 2008
    muse ftw

hysteria!!!!!!!
  • Alright_ComputerAlright_Computer Butt Neck
    edited May 2008
    It's the month that were going to finally have some Muse!

I, of course, am going hysterical.
    edited May 2008
    Alright_Computer;580624 said:
    It's the month that were going to finally have some Muse!

I, of course, am going hysterical.
    I'm with you on that. The day it comes out I'm gonna play it on bass, drums as well as sing and play guitar at the same time, pretending to be my favorite rock stars in all roles :D
    edited May 2008
    For a minute there I forgot it was actually May now. (Standardized tests, never having to write the date down, etc.)
    Oh, it seems so much closer now. Hysteria's less than a month away!

I suppose that makes Wii users redheaded stepchildren, but eh. They didn't have to import to get Rock Band earlier. (We actually got a 360 for Rock Band. It was expensive as all hell, but it now sees more play than all the other systems we have combined. In retrospect, a PS3 might have been a better investment, but the 360 was more immediate and we didn't have to use Stratocasters.)

Down Is The New Up sounds familiar, which is strange, because I don't really listen to Radiohead (yet, that is). Maybe because one of my friends constantly goes to the piano in the commons and plays Radiohead songs.
    edited May 2008
    Bonez;579476 said:
    Some of it is very impressive. Fuzz Factory is on my list of things to get. Matt has a midi pickup in his guitar too, which feeds into the digitech whammy. So many different effects, pedals, amps, etc. Plus the Kaoss pad in his newer guitars.

EDIT: Matt can re-tune his guitar on the fly because his newest two guitars have a Tronical PowerTune Automatic Guitar Tuning System. It perfectly and automatically tunes the guitar in 1-2 seconds!
  • vicious136vicious136 Rising Star
    edited May 2008
    TakeABow;580826 said:
    Some of it is very impressive. Fuzz Factory is on my list of things to get. Matt has a midi pickup in his guitar too, which feeds into the digitech whammy. So many different effects, pedals, amps, etc. Plus the Kaoss pad in his newer guitars.
    If you're going to buy one effects pedal, go with the Digitech Whammy. That thing is awesome. $250 isn't even that expensive when you look at the other stuff that's out there.

Another fun toy is the Boss micro BR. It's mainly a really tiny 4-channel mixing board but it's also got a buttload of digital effects, distortions, and amp simulations as well as a bunch of drum loops that are pretty convincing. Oh and it's got an Mp3 playback mode that lets you play back and slow down music files so you can learn to play them. Not bad for $230 I'd say.
  • Lupan55Lupan55 Unsigned
    edited May 2008
  • brandnew979brandnew979 Unsigned
    edited May 2008
    Come On Harmonix Listen To Muse You Know They Are Good! They Include All The Instruments Put More Of Them In!!!!