Muse DLC. Period.

Comments

• TakeABowTakeABow Road Warrior
    edited March 2008
    Muse has so many great songs that it won't matter what songs they do give us, we will always want more. Personally I'm hoping on Monday they announce Hysteria for this week.
  • m00pm00p Banned
    edited March 2008
  • lonelydrifter92lonelydrifter92 Unsigned
    edited March 2008
    space dementia would also be good too, but muse is awesome anyways. About the leaked list of songs, i think the hysteria song is going to be Muse's song. Def leppard hasn't been in any gh games before, but muse is in gh3. That shows how muse is willing to license songs for games.
  • TheGovernerTheGoverner Unsigned
    edited March 2008
    Yes... Muse would be awesome as hell in this game.

I vote for it.
  • fregfreg Unsigned
    edited March 2008
    fukin' hysteria, bliss, plug in baby, stockholm syndrome, citizen erased, assasin, supermassive black holes, knights of cydonia and muscle museum would be a great Start and then more should be released after that!!! oh and time is running out
  • sw5793sw5793 Unsigned
    edited March 2008
    muse would be sick. the singer would shiz himself in during the high pitched part of Plug-in Baby. With most muse songs I might actually want to play the bass for once. A song like Hysteria might actually be harder on bass than on guitar.
  • BobbyBrownBobbyBrown Opening Act
    edited March 2008
    Agreed, the game could definitely use some good bass songs. It'd be nice to opt to play bass rather then guitar sometimes, but really the bass parts in the game are so boring compared to the guitars.

That said, come on Hysteria, Stockholm Syndrome, Supermassive Black Hole 3 pack!
  • toomasiotoomasio Unsigned
    edited March 2008
    bump for stockholm syndrome
  • dlowelldlowell MAJOR Noob
    edited March 2008
    I'm praying for hysteria!
  • sw5793sw5793 Unsigned
    edited March 2008
    Man, I thought for sure that with the delay in announcement of this week's DLC that they were working on something kick-a** like a muse pack but instead it's just a bunch of crap. By the way, I've thought that just about everything that they've released the past couple of months has been complete crap but at least some people out there were happy about it, but the shiz that came out this week? I don't see anyone getting excited about this crap.
  • sw5793sw5793 Unsigned
    edited March 2008
    By the way (I just discovered this yesterday) there's a request a song link at the bottom of the page. Everyone go there and request your favorite Muse songs. Most of you probably already know about this, but for those that don't, GO CRAZY!!!!!
  • ShurporkaShurporka Unsigned
    edited March 2008
    Just did. Can you imagine how sick the drum track would be for Assassin? And the guitar part for Hypermusic. Or the keyboard part for Hurricanes & Butterflies (for shame, for shame...) They need this band in their game. Best stuff on the market, bar none. And live? Well, I've seen some rock shows, but nothing has topped Muse's performance.

Let's see it!!
  • MusePTMusePT Rising Star
    edited March 2008
    I actually am happy with the Serj song, I'm a big fan of SOAD, and Serj being the vocalist and now with his solo career this is the closest to SOAD possible, so i'm happy! :) and it costs only$.99!!!!
  • BubblegumBubblegum Rising Star
    edited March 2008
    I can live with this weeks DLC, especially because it's cheap.

And now that they're going and releasing songs that aren't on the leaked list, maybe there could be a Muse pack in the future?
    Hysteria, Plug-in Baby, and Supermassive Black Hole? Or Time is Running Out? Or Stockholm Syndrome? Or Knights of Cydonia?
    Or something?
    edited March 2008
    itde be difficult to do supermassive black hole...the vocals are really techno-ized.
  • BubblegumBubblegum Rising Star
    edited March 2008
    Not really. They create that general effect in the chorus (the "Glaciers melting in the dead of night" bit) by using multiple harmony parts and just the right words and accompanying guitar sounds that would lead one to think the vocals do that , but they aren't distorted or "techno-ized".
  • RockstarLeoRockstarLeo Opening Act
    edited March 2008
    Shurporka;380083 said:
    And the guitar part for Hypermusic.
    I'm assuming you meant the bass part? The guitar is alright in that song, but the bass totally kicks ass!

I still think Stockholm Syndrome would be the best for Rock Band; all the instruments have excellent parts.

Give HMX some time; I don't see why we wouldn't get Muse, judging by the number of people requesting them, and the fact that Muse is obviously open to people downloading their music, since they have done it with several singles.
  • adm_wnh_1adm_wnh_1 Unsigned
    edited March 2008
    i would love some muse, rock band needs some new up to date music, do u think?
  • sushimooshisushimooshi Unsigned
    edited March 2008
    i would take plug in, stockholm, or hysteria all would be kick ass on every instrument
  • BonezBonez Road Warrior
    edited March 2008
    Darth Bueller;312388 said:
    Muse is perfect for 2 reasons
    1) They are unbelievably talented and awesome.
    2) They have already leant their song to GH so there isn't the obstacle of them not wanting their song in a game.
    +1

The more I think about it, the more I realize how much fun Assassin would be in RB. I must now rethink my list.
    edited March 2008
    RockstarLeo;382469 said:
    I'm assuming you meant the bass part? The guitar is alright in that song, but the bass totally kicks ass!

Oh, I love the bass part for that song too. But I really enjoy playing that guitar part. It's deceptively fun to recreate. Not that the RB version would feel the same, but who cares, right? And the drums...anyway, I could post the same things about a dozen of their songs, so I'll just stop there...after requesting a little Invincible on the side.
    edited March 2008
  • sw5793sw5793 Unsigned
    edited March 2008
    Forget a three pack, how about a whole album. Any of them would be good except I don't really like Showbiz as much. Still anything would be better than a grateful dead six pack.
  • BonezBonez Road Warrior
    edited March 2008
    Showbiz is awesome, but it does have a few "quiet" songs...Origin of Symmetry or Black Holes and Revelations would be fantastic, since either of them aren't as long as Absolution.
    edited March 2008
    Not that I'm disagreeing-it's the best stuff on the planet-but any one of the albums would be tough to make really fun for Rock Band, just because of the heavy presence of keyboards thorughout...You know what, let me think that over for a second...Yeah, "Showbiz" would be really difficult to pull off in RB, "Origin of Symmetry" would be tough because of Screenager and Megalomania..."Absolution" would be amazing except for Endlessly and Ruled by Secrecy...and "Black Holes and Revelations" would be awesome except for Take a Bow (ALOT of guitar and drum absence until the later part), Soldier's Poem (wouldn't work out too well on drums or bass-maybe just have four people plug in microphones and try to pull off the crazy sweet harmonies in the second half), and Hoodoo (I could see this one, though-just a bit on the boring side for RB).

I could safely say that between their four albums, you could easily create three albums of RB-ready material.

Make it so, Harmonix. We're waiting.
  • SteefSteef Rising Star
    edited March 2008
    As crazy as it would be... Supermassive Black Hole would be neat.
    Vocals would be uhh... awkward in some parts...
    edited March 2008
    If you some crazy, whacked ou vocals, try "Microcuts"...holy crap, batman...I had to really squeeze hard on the boys to get my voice up there. Man, that'd be such a fun song for RB.
  • Cash_NewmanCash_Newman Unsigned
    edited March 2008
    I'm on board for Muse. I'd buy every song they put out for RB.
  • MNormanMNorman Unsigned
    edited March 2008
    Shurporka;388439 said:
    If you some crazy, whacked ou vocals, try "Microcuts"...holy crap, batman...I had to really squeeze hard on the boys to get my voice up there. Man, that'd be such a fun song for RB.
    Microcuts has a sweet bass solo, too.

But man, you're right. Those vocals would be difficult.

In my mind, if I were to pick three Muse songs for a pack, they'd be:

01. Stockholm Syndrome (A must-have)
    02. New Born
    03. Map of the Problematique

Knights, The Small Print, Bliss, Plug-In Baby, and Hysteria are all good candidates too.
  • Kaptain OrlandoKaptain Orlando Unsigned
    edited March 2008
    The Knights of Cydonia... yes.

I have the album, just haven't listened to it. Stars and Knights were the only ones I heard, but they were sweet.