Muse DLC. Period.

Comments

• BubblegumBubblegum Rising Star
    edited April 2008
    Now I actually have a reason to look forward to the end of May (I'm taking summer school... by choice. Call me masochistic, but... I won't have a rebuttal.). Unfortunately, that only seems to make time drag out more. There's no winning.
    Except for at the end of May, when we all get to play Hysteria. That will be a win of epic proportions.
    Mmm, I'm so excited! If only any of the people I knew could realize the sheer awesomeness that is Muse. (I guess that's why I have the internet.)

(And no, Muse fans never die. We actually harness the immense energy of supermassive black holes to keep ourselves alive.)
  • TakeABowTakeABow Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    Bubblegum;513860 said:
    Now I actually have a reason to look forward to the end of May (I'm taking summer school... by choice. Call me masochistic, but... I won't have a rebuttal.). Unfortunately, that only seems to make time drag out more. There's no winning.
    Except for at the end of May, when we all get to play Hysteria. That will be a win of epic proportions.
    Mmm, I'm so excited! If only any of the people I knew could realize the sheer awesomeness that is Muse. (I guess that's why I have the internet.)

(And no, Muse fans never die. We actually harness the immense energy of supermassive black holes to keep ourselves alive.)
    Hey, at least you can play Hysteria while you are in summer class. XD
    edited April 2008
    I do get a week between the end of school and the start of summer school, though (Thank you public school). Plenty of time not only to play Hysteria, but infect everyone I know with the Muse virus via Rock Band and make my brother want to chop my head off because he's heard it so many times.
    I declare victory in advance.
    edited April 2008
    Bubblegum;514206 said:
    I do get a week between the end of school and the start of summer school, though (Thank you public school). Plenty of time not only to play Hysteria, but infect everyone I know with the Muse virus via Rock Band and make my brother want to chop my head off because he's heard it so many times.
    I declare victory in advance.
    As it should be. Spread Muse and thier sheer awesome everywhere you can.
  • SubtemperateSubtemperate Opening Act
    edited April 2008
    Yeah I think hysteria is going to get a lot of play on my xbox (once we have the game out here).

I would love a lot of their stuff, though I think some of the live versions of their songs would be more fun to play then some of the cd recordings.
    edited April 2008
    Subtemperate;514948 said:
    Yeah I think hysteria is going to get a lot of play on my xbox (once we have the game out here).

I would love a lot of their stuff, though I think some of the live versions of their songs would be more fun to play then some of the cd recordings.
    Well, Matt does spice up the guitar a fair bit on the older songs, and even the solos from Black Holes and Revelations are being modified. I would love to see the HAARP solo for New Born.
  • CM_DrunkCM_Drunk Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    Hi. My name is Nick, and Im now a Muse addict

*waits for the "HI Nick!" responses*

I had heard alot off of Absolution, as a buddy of mine got me into it. Never really followed them though. Then, I watched theri Performance ar KROQs "Almost Acoustic Christmas" concert webcast, where they headlined the second day, and I really started to turn into a fan. Then I forgot to buy anything or do some follow up listening :(

So, I bought Haarp on Friday, and now the deal is done. I cant get Muse songs out of my head. Im going to get every cd I can get my hands on, and drive to whatever show comes near me. I am now a big time fan. That damn Live DVD catapulted them into my top 5.

So yeah, HMX. Sup with the Muse DLC????
    edited April 2008
    *HI Nick!*

Welcome to the club.
  • Lucid_DelusionLucid_Delusion Opening Act
    edited April 2008
    I really can't wait for Hysteria to come out. I'm anxious as it is already just knowing that we'll get to play it at some point. Now if only we could get an artist pack and two other Muse songs along with it. I'd kill for New Born and Citizen Erased along with Hysteria.
  • SveppiSveppi Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    Lucid_Delusion;516092 said:
    I really can't wait for Hysteria to come out. I'm anxious as it is already just knowing that we'll get to play it at some point. Now if only we could get an artist pack and two other Muse songs along with it. I'd kill for New Born and Citizen Erased along with Hysteria.
    I second that motion, CE would be so awesome, and New Born would be ultra awesome
    edited April 2008
    Lucid_Delusion;516092 said:
    Well, we already know Hysteria will be released with the PAL songs, either as an individual track or perhaps as a bundle for all (9?) songs.

I hope we get a separate Muse Pack after the PAL songs, 3 or 6, and honeslty, I really would not have a problem with any pack anyone on this thread has proposed. Muse is too amazing all around.
    edited April 2008
    TakeABow;516457 said:
    Well, we already know Hysteria will be released with the PAL songs, either as an individual track or perhaps as a bundle for all (9?) songs.

I hope we get a separate Muse Pack after the PAL songs, 3 or 6, and honeslty, I really would not have a problem with any pack anyone on this thread has proposed. Muse is too amazing all around.
    I agree with you 100%, anything from them is pure gold, except maybe Jimmy Kane (their worst song, which would be a compliment to a lot of songs)
    edited April 2008
    Sveppi;516480 said:
    I agree with you 100%, anything from them is pure gold, except maybe Jimmy Kane (their worst song, which would be a compliment to a lot of songs)
    There are a few songs I would obviously not prefer, plus I would love for Starlight and Supermassive Black Hole to not be chosen either.

Pretty much the whole Origin of Symmetry and Absolution albums would rock.

*also glad to see another as Muse-crazy as me on this forum*
  • RylyRyly Opening Act
    edited April 2008
    Hi, Nick!

HAARP DVD kept me up way too late last night. It's just so amazing that I kept replaying it! Matt is just amazing. But Chris - well, I knew he kicked butt on Bass, but I didn't realize how much he sings, too. They were just having so much fun, you GOTTA love 'em!

More MUSE DLC, yeah!!
    edited April 2008
    Yeah, and im a sucker for live dvds. IMO, hearing live music really defines how good a band is. Its fine if your a good studio band, but if you suck live I dont like you. Anyways, Haarp is one helluva show.

And as far as Mused DLC besides Hysteria goes, im really surprised we havent heard anything about other Euro-big bands having DLC packs, to help push angry euros towards buying Rock Band (With all the gripe about the price)

Im sure alot more Europeans would be pushed over the proverbial fence of expense if a Muse pack came out, along with other big names that have a strong Euro folowing.
    edited April 2008
    TakeABow;516603 said:
    There are a few songs I would obviously not prefer, plus I would love for Starlight and Supermassive Black Hole to not be chosen either.
    Yeah, all the non-guitar songs/extremely guitar-light songs wouldn't work. But I would really love for Starlight & SMBH to be released. I curious as to why you don't want em'.
    TakeABow;516603 said:
    I'm in absolute 100% agreement
    TakeABow;516603 said:
    I was just thinking the same thing :)
    edited April 2008
    CM_Drunk;516655 said:
    Yeah, and im a sucker for live dvds. IMO, hearing live music really defines how good a band is. Its fine if your a good studio band, but if you suck live I dont like you. Anyways, Haarp is one helluva show.

And as far as Mused DLC besides Hysteria goes, im really surprised we havent heard anything about other Euro-big bands having DLC packs, to help push angry euros towards buying Rock Band (With all the gripe about the price)

Im sure alot more Europeans would be pushed over the proverbial fence of expense if a Muse pack came out, along with other big names that have a strong Euro folowing.
    So Arctic Monkeys, U2, Coldplay and Franz Ferdinand?

Thinking about packs of those is making me excited.

*This bump is dedicated to New Born*
    edited April 2008
    Franz Ferdinand has just got to be in this game, as well as U2, Artic Monkeys & Coldplay.
    FF is just so insanely catchy and would probably overall be extremly fun to play in Rock Band.
    They need their own thread!

Official Muse song I want the most at the Moment: Invincible
    edited April 2008
    Sveppi;516701 said:

Official Muse song I want the most at the Moment: Invincible
    I LOVE that song so much. Hands down my favorite song. Not just my favorite Muse song, either.
    edited April 2008
    TakeABow;516750 said:
    I LOVE that song so much. Hands down my favorite song. Not just my favorite Muse song, either.
    It's a great song, it should get released for RB!

Quick two questions TakeABow:
    You said earlier that you hope Starlight & Supermassive Black Hole don't get picked for DLC, why?
    And
    On which console do you play?
    edited April 2008
    TakeABow;516663 said:
    So Arctic Monkeys, U2, Coldplay and Franz Ferdinand?

Thinking about packs of those is making me excited.

*This bump is dedicated to New Born*
    Exactly. I dont know where you guys are from, but the one Franz Ferdinand song they overplayed in the States made me want to punch infants, so IM not too interested in them per se, but Artic Monkeys, Bloc Party, and the like would def help convince Gamers on the other side of the pond to make the investment.
  • Lucid_DelusionLucid_Delusion Opening Act
    edited April 2008
    TakeABow;516603 said:

Whoa whoa..that's the only statement I would disagree with. I'd love to play Starlight, if anything just for the vocals. It's an awesome song and it's become quite popular even with people who aren't even Muse fans.
  • darlenerules14darlenerules14 Opening Act
    edited April 2008
    Let's say Harmonix decides to release City of Delusion for us. Do you think they would author the trumpet solo...or let it go? There are guitar/drum/pass parts in the background. Personally-I'd like to see what happens if I play my trumpet into the vocal mic.
    edited April 2008
    CM_Drunk;516786 said:
    Exactly. I dont know where you guys are from, but the one Franz Ferdinand song they overplayed in the States made me want to punch infants
    I'm guessing Do You Want To? or Take Me Out. Love those songs though.
    darlenerules14;516806 said:
    Let's say Harmonix decides to release City of Delusion for us. Do you think they would author the trumpet solo...or let it go? There are guitar/drum/pass parts in the background. Personally-I'd like to see what happens if I play my trumpet into the vocal mic.
    Hmm.... great idea, unlikely though. Would like to play City of Delusion, really good song :)
    edited April 2008
    Sveppi;516813 said:
    I'm guessing Do You Want To? or Take Me Out. Love those songs though.

Take Me Out. *shivers* man......that song is excruciating to me.
    edited April 2008
    I'd love to see Starlight or Supermassive Black Hole, but they're kind of low on my list. They'd be great, but there are so many songs that would be better.
    Invincible, though... I'd keel over and die where I stood if that were announced.
    But any Muse is better than no Muse.

Due to complaints of such charting, I think they'd just try to sidestep City of Delusion altogether. But if they were to release it, probably not.
    It'd be fun, though, in my opinion.

(Also, Franz Ferdinand = Absolutely.)
    edited April 2008
    I've been wondering: If they could (licensing and such) should they release Micro Cuts?
    edited April 2008
    Sveppi;516856 said:
    I've been wondering: If they could (licensing and such) should they release Micro Cuts?
    Yes!

BTW, my Alt/indie masterthread is up and needs some love.
    edited April 2008
    x_x I spend three hours a day singing soprano in choirs, and that would probably make my head explode. And if I took it down an octave, a bunch of it's in the range in which I sound silly trying to sing any song other than a classical one.
    They should do it! If only to make the heads of DLC fiends not knowing what to expect splatter all over the walls. (Showbiz hits the same incredibly-high-A, though. That song has a killer range.)

Aside from the vocal madness of that song, the time signatures confuse me. The random switches between compound and simple time! D: I would suck at that on drums.
    It'd be challenging as all hell, though, and I do love a challenge.
    edited April 2008
    Bubblegum;516945 said:
    x_x I spend three hours a day singing soprano in choirs, and that would probably make my head explode. And if I took it down an octave, a bunch of it's in the range in which I sound silly trying to sing any song other than a classical one.
    They should do it! If only to make the heads of DLC fiends not knowing what to expect splatter all over the walls. (Showbiz hits the same incredibly-high-A, though. That song has a killer range.)

Aside from the vocal madness of that song, the time signatures confuse me. The random switches between compound and simple time! D: I would suck at that on drums.
    It'd be challenging as all hell, though, and I do love a challenge.
    To summarize: It would be awesome! Showbiz too!