Muse DLC. Period.

Comments

• SveppiSveppi Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    Bubblegum;516945 said:
    x_x I spend three hours a day singing soprano in choirs, and that would probably make my head explode. And if I took it down an octave, a bunch of it's in the range in which I sound silly trying to sing any song other than a classical one.
    They should do it! If only to make the heads of DLC fiends not knowing what to expect splatter all over the walls. (Showbiz hits the same incredibly-high-A, though. That song has a killer range.)

Aside from the vocal madness of that song, the time signatures confuse me. The random switches between compound and simple time! D: I would suck at that on drums.
    It'd be challenging as all hell, though, and I do love a challenge.
    To summarize: It would be awesome! Showbiz too!
  • BubblegumBubblegum Rising Star
    edited April 2008
    Sveppi;516967 said:
    To summarize: It would be awesome! Showbiz too!
    Yeah, basically.
    I've never really been one for summary.

Showbiz would be one of those songs that I would start on-octave and forget that I needed to drop until it's too late and the really high notes start coming. My brother hates it, but I think they're fun.
    edited April 2008
    Bubblegum;517008 said:
    Yeah, basically.

Showbiz would be one of those songs that I would start on-octave and forget that I needed to drop until it's too late and the really high notes start coming. My brother hates it, but I think they're fun.
    I really wish I could sing better, and that I could fully understand musical terms :P
  • TakeABowTakeABow Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    Bubblegum;517008 said:
    Yeah, basically.

Do I hear tier 9 vocals?
    edited April 2008
    TakeABow;517016 said:
    Do I hear tier 9 vocals?
    I think you do :)
    Actually most Muse song would probably be in Vocal Tiers 6/7-9
  • BubblegumBubblegum Rising Star
    edited April 2008
    I think so! :]
    The verses would deceive people into think it's a case of bad tiering, but then by the second chorus, they'd start to lose their cool and it would all go downhill from there.
    I'd love to do it! (Goes without saying, though; it's Muse.)
    edited April 2008
    Bubblegum;517055 said:
    The verses would deceive people into think it's a case of bad tiering, but then by the second chorus, they'd start to lose their cool and it would all go downhill from there.
    QFT
    Spot on with your analysis
    edited April 2008
    Muse: Challenging for all instruments.

If you think about it, everything is complex, the guitar is frequently arpeggiated, and almost everything is fairly fast at times, not to mention the difficulties of hitting Matt's vocal range, falsetto or no.
  • toomasiotoomasio Unsigned
    edited April 2008
    bumpin this again... shoot for 100 pages
  • jdre_124jdre_124 Opening Act
    edited April 2008
    Bubblegum;517055 said:
    Imagine Shrinking Universe!! That would be impossible for most people.
    edited April 2008
    That and Unintended. And Matt's crazy noises in Knights of Cydonia.
  • MusePTMusePT Rising Star
    edited April 2008
    You guys talk a lot about songs from BH&R... for me it's the "worst" album from them... note that being their worst doesn't mean it's bad... it's a very good album with great songs like "Map of the Problematique", "Take a Bow", "Knights of Cydonia", "Hoodoo", "City of Delusion", etc...
    But as some others that really don't make justice to the hardcore Muse fan, and this songs are probably amongst the most knowed in the non-muse fans and in the states, songs like "Starlight" (it's so POP!!!!), "Supermassive Black Hole" (so R&B), not saying they are bad songs but they are not what the core Muse fan expects from them...
    And then there are some other songs in this last album that are almost not good, like "Soldier's Poem", "invincible" (I really think the first 3 minutes or so of this song are a bit boring, only gets good when the guitar solo kicks in!!!)

For me, and for the most people I know that really likes Muse the best album is without a doubt "Origin of Simmetry" followed closely by "Absolution"... I personally like "Showbiz" better than "Black Holes & Revelations"... for me the first 3 albums are MASTER PIECES!!!!!

DLC: complete Origin of simmetry, complete Absolution and some tracks from Shwobiz and BH&R

To put in order:

Citizen Erased
    New Born
    Plug in Baby
    Stockholm Syndrome
    Bliss
    Butterflies & Hurricanes
    Showbiz
    Muscle Museum
    Hyper Music
    Map of the Problematique
    Dark Shines
    Take a Bow
    Unintended
    Uno
    Sunburn
    Feeling Good
    Knights of Cydonia
    Micro Cuts
    The Small Print
    Time is Running Out
    Crying Shame (B-Side)
    Glorious(B-Side)
    Starlight

My fav Muse song is Dark Shines by the way :p

Muse is without any doubt the BEST BAND IN THE WORLD TODAY!!! The best Live band around...
    edited April 2008
    MusePT;519545 said:
    You guys talk a lot about songs from BH&R... for me it's the "worst" album from them... note that being their worst doesn't mean it's bad... it's a very good album with great songs like "Map of the Problematique", "Take a Bow", "Knights of Cydonia", "Hoodoo", "City of Delusion", etc...
    But as some others that really don't make justice to the hardcore Muse fan, and this songs are probably amongst the most knowed in the non-muse fans and in the states, songs like "Starlight" (it's so POP!!!!), "Supermassive Black Hole" (so R&B), not saying they are bad songs but they are not what the core Muse fan expects from them...
    And then there are some other songs in this last album that are almost not good, like "Soldier's Poem", "invincible" (I really think the first 3 minutes or so of this song are a bit boring, only gets good when the guitar solo kicks in!!!)

For me, and for the most people I know that really likes Muse the best album is without a doubt "Origin of Simmetry" followed closely by "Absolution"... I personally like "Showbiz" better than "Black Holes & Revelations"... for me the first 3 albums are MASTER PIECES!!!!!

DLC: complete Origin of simmetry, complete Absolution and some tracks from Shwobiz and BH&R

To put in order:

Citizen Erased
    New Born
    Plug in Baby
    Stockholm Syndrome
    Bliss
    Butterflies & Hurricanes
    Showbiz
    Muscle Museum
    Hyper Music
    Map of the Problematique
    Dark Shines
    Take a Bow
    Unintended
    Uno
    Sunburn
    Feeling Good
    Knights of Cydonia
    Micro Cuts
    The Small Print
    Time is Running Out
    Crying Shame (B-Side)
    Glorious(B-Side)
    Starlight

My fav Muse song is Dark Shines by the way :p

Muse is without any doubt the BEST BAND IN THE WORLD TODAY!!! The best Live band around...
    I agree about Starlight and Supermassive Black Hole. I also have to agree that pound for pound Absolution and Origin of Symmetry are better records. I really like the direction the songs I do like on Black Holes and Revelations are going though. Songs like Knights of Cydonia, Take and Bow (obvioulsy I love this song), City of Delusion, and Invincible (we will have to disagree about this, since it is my Favorite Muse song), have a 'greatness' to them that I don't feel in thier earlier records.

Nice list!
  • BonezBonez Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    So I bought Haarp after seeing that Stockholm Syndrome link posted in this thread last week. Needless to say I'm now signed up on ticketmaster for email alerts if Muse tickets become available.

What an outstanding DVD.
    edited April 2008
    Bonez;519596 said:
    So I bought Haarp after seeing that Stockholm Syndrome link posted in this thread last week. Needless to say I'm now signed up on ticketmaster for email alerts if Muse tickets become available.

What an outstanding DVD.
    Glad you have become (more of?) a Muse fan! They aren't touring all that much at the moment, unfortunatly, but when they do, rest assured it will be worth it. I would love to see the again, I can't get enough of Matt, Dom, and Chris.
    edited April 2008
    I didn't think it was possible to become more of a Muse fan, but yes, I did. It actually prompted me to pick up one of my guitars for the first time in about a year and a half. And I'm considering buying a keyboard...I'm such a loser, hahaha.

I heard a rumor somewhere (possibly here...I don't remember) that they might play the states this summer. I'm not taking any chances though, hence the alerts.

I think they've ruined music for me, because no one will ever be as good as them!
  • FatWilmaFatWilma Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    Bonez;519702 said:
    I think they've ruined music for me, because no one will ever be as good as them!
    Radiohead.
    edited April 2008
    Eh, I like some of their stuff, but for the most part I find them boring.
    edited April 2008
    FatWilma;519715 said:
    Radiohead.
    Radiohead is amazing, but I still like Muse more.

Coldplay and Muse both started off making records that essentially sounded like Radiohead, and went from there down thier separate ways. I would go so far as to say Radiohead is the most important band in the last 15 years.

What really surprises me are Muse fans that don't like Radiohead.

EDIT : Exibit A (already)
    Bonez;519735 said:
    Eh, I like some of their stuff, but for the most part I find them boring.
    edited April 2008
    FatWilma;519715 said:
    Radiohead.
    I personally feel that Muse is better, don't get me wrong Radiohead is awesome, but it think Muse is better.
  • DaxterDudeDaxterDude Opening Act
    edited April 2008
    Some Muse would make a good addition to Rock Band. Especially Knights of Cyndonia.
    edited April 2008
    DaxterDude;519742 said:
    Some Muse would make a good addition to Rock Band. Especially Knights of Cyndonia.
    It would be a fun (And quite challenging) song for all four parts.
    edited April 2008
    I've just never been able to really get into them for some reason. I've tried many times, but they really don't do anything for me. There's a handful of their stuff on my iPod, but beyond that... *shrugs*
  • FatWilmaFatWilma Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    Bonez;519755 said:
    I've just never been able to really get into them for some reason. I've tried many times, but they really don't do anything for me. There's a handful of their stuff on my iPod, but beyond that... *shrugs*
    it takes a deep listen. i really like muse, but imo their music is much more surface. catchy hooks and riffs, etc.

Radiohead grows on u.
    TakeABow;519737 said:
    What really surprises me are Muse fans that don't like Radiohead.
    that actually doesn't surprise me, based on what i just said. for the untrained ear (to Radiohead) it is much easier to listen to a Muse song becuase they're usually more catchy & upbeat.
    edited April 2008
    FatWilma;519766 said:
    it takes a deep listen. i really like muse, but imo their music is much more surface. catchy hooks and riffs, etc.

Radiohead grows on u.
    Exactly right; Radiohead eschews the typical pattern for guitar-based-rock, which is what makes them so great.
    edited April 2008
    I started listening to Radiohead because of Muse. A friend of mine, which is also a Muse-lover, is really into Radiohead. He recommended them to me, I took his word for it and I'm pretty glad I did.
  • jdre_124jdre_124 Opening Act
    edited April 2008
    Does anyone know if this is the most active band thread in the forums?? If so I think its safe to say we'll get something eventually. :)
    edited April 2008
    jdre_124;519843 said:
    Does anyone know if this is the most active band thread in the forums?? If so I think its safe to say we'll get something eventually. :)
    It might be, and we already know Hysteria is on it's way :D
    edited April 2008
    I bump this thread pretty obsessively. At least for the past few pages. Hysteria is not enough! We can never have too much Muse.
    edited April 2008
    TakeABow;519858 said:
    I bump this thread pretty obsessively. At least for the past few pages. Hysteria is not enough! We can never have too much Muse.
    QFT

I seriously think we need atleast a Six Pack ala Boston/Grateful Dead :D