Muse DLC. Period.

Comments

• RylyRyly Opening Act
    edited April 2008
    Hi, Nick!

HAARP DVD kept me up way too late last night. It's just so amazing that I kept replaying it! Matt is just amazing. But Chris - well, I knew he kicked butt on Bass, but I didn't realize how much he sings, too. They were just having so much fun, you GOTTA love 'em!

More MUSE DLC, yeah!!
  • CM_DrunkCM_Drunk Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    Yeah, and im a sucker for live dvds. IMO, hearing live music really defines how good a band is. Its fine if your a good studio band, but if you suck live I dont like you. Anyways, Haarp is one helluva show.

And as far as Mused DLC besides Hysteria goes, im really surprised we havent heard anything about other Euro-big bands having DLC packs, to help push angry euros towards buying Rock Band (With all the gripe about the price)

Im sure alot more Europeans would be pushed over the proverbial fence of expense if a Muse pack came out, along with other big names that have a strong Euro folowing.
  • SveppiSveppi Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    TakeABow;516603 said:
    There are a few songs I would obviously not prefer, plus I would love for Starlight and Supermassive Black Hole to not be chosen either.
    Yeah, all the non-guitar songs/extremely guitar-light songs wouldn't work. But I would really love for Starlight & SMBH to be released. I curious as to why you don't want em'.
    TakeABow;516603 said:
    Pretty much the whole Origin of Symmetry and Absolution albums would rock.
    I'm in absolute 100% agreement
    TakeABow;516603 said:
    *also glad to see another as Muse-crazy as me on this forum*
    I was just thinking the same thing :)
  • TakeABowTakeABow Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    CM_Drunk;516655 said:
    Yeah, and im a sucker for live dvds. IMO, hearing live music really defines how good a band is. Its fine if your a good studio band, but if you suck live I dont like you. Anyways, Haarp is one helluva show.

And as far as Mused DLC besides Hysteria goes, im really surprised we havent heard anything about other Euro-big bands having DLC packs, to help push angry euros towards buying Rock Band (With all the gripe about the price)

Im sure alot more Europeans would be pushed over the proverbial fence of expense if a Muse pack came out, along with other big names that have a strong Euro folowing.
    So Arctic Monkeys, U2, Coldplay and Franz Ferdinand?

Thinking about packs of those is making me excited.

*This bump is dedicated to New Born*
    edited April 2008
    Franz Ferdinand has just got to be in this game, as well as U2, Artic Monkeys & Coldplay.
    FF is just so insanely catchy and would probably overall be extremly fun to play in Rock Band.
    They need their own thread!

Official Muse song I want the most at the Moment: Invincible
    edited April 2008
    Sveppi;516701 said:

Official Muse song I want the most at the Moment: Invincible
    I LOVE that song so much. Hands down my favorite song. Not just my favorite Muse song, either.
    edited April 2008
    TakeABow;516750 said:
    I LOVE that song so much. Hands down my favorite song. Not just my favorite Muse song, either.
    It's a great song, it should get released for RB!

Quick two questions TakeABow:
    You said earlier that you hope Starlight & Supermassive Black Hole don't get picked for DLC, why?
    And
    On which console do you play?
    edited April 2008
    TakeABow;516663 said:
    So Arctic Monkeys, U2, Coldplay and Franz Ferdinand?

Thinking about packs of those is making me excited.

*This bump is dedicated to New Born*
    Exactly. I dont know where you guys are from, but the one Franz Ferdinand song they overplayed in the States made me want to punch infants, so IM not too interested in them per se, but Artic Monkeys, Bloc Party, and the like would def help convince Gamers on the other side of the pond to make the investment.
  • Lucid_DelusionLucid_Delusion Opening Act
    edited April 2008
    TakeABow;516603 said:
    There are a few songs I would obviously not prefer, plus I would love for Starlight and Supermassive Black Hole to not be chosen either.

Pretty much the whole Origin of Symmetry and Absolution albums would rock.

*also glad to see another as Muse-crazy as me on this forum*
    Whoa whoa..that's the only statement I would disagree with. I'd love to play Starlight, if anything just for the vocals. It's an awesome song and it's become quite popular even with people who aren't even Muse fans.
  • darlenerules14darlenerules14 Opening Act
    edited April 2008
    Let's say Harmonix decides to release City of Delusion for us. Do you think they would author the trumpet solo...or let it go? There are guitar/drum/pass parts in the background. Personally-I'd like to see what happens if I play my trumpet into the vocal mic.
    edited April 2008
    CM_Drunk;516786 said:
    Exactly. I dont know where you guys are from, but the one Franz Ferdinand song they overplayed in the States made me want to punch infants
    I'm guessing Do You Want To? or Take Me Out. Love those songs though.
    darlenerules14;516806 said:
    Let's say Harmonix decides to release City of Delusion for us. Do you think they would author the trumpet solo...or let it go? There are guitar/drum/pass parts in the background. Personally-I'd like to see what happens if I play my trumpet into the vocal mic.
    Hmm.... great idea, unlikely though. Would like to play City of Delusion, really good song :)
    edited April 2008
    Sveppi;516813 said:
    I'm guessing Do You Want To? or Take Me Out. Love those songs though.

Take Me Out. *shivers* man......that song is excruciating to me.
  • BubblegumBubblegum Rising Star
    edited April 2008
    I'd love to see Starlight or Supermassive Black Hole, but they're kind of low on my list. They'd be great, but there are so many songs that would be better.
    Invincible, though... I'd keel over and die where I stood if that were announced.
    But any Muse is better than no Muse.

Due to complaints of such charting, I think they'd just try to sidestep City of Delusion altogether. But if they were to release it, probably not.
    It'd be fun, though, in my opinion.

(Also, Franz Ferdinand = Absolutely.)
    edited April 2008
    I've been wondering: If they could (licensing and such) should they release Micro Cuts?
    edited April 2008
    Sveppi;516856 said:
    I've been wondering: If they could (licensing and such) should they release Micro Cuts?
    Yes!

BTW, my Alt/indie masterthread is up and needs some love.
    edited April 2008
    x_x I spend three hours a day singing soprano in choirs, and that would probably make my head explode. And if I took it down an octave, a bunch of it's in the range in which I sound silly trying to sing any song other than a classical one.
    They should do it! If only to make the heads of DLC fiends not knowing what to expect splatter all over the walls. (Showbiz hits the same incredibly-high-A, though. That song has a killer range.)

Aside from the vocal madness of that song, the time signatures confuse me. The random switches between compound and simple time! D: I would suck at that on drums.
    It'd be challenging as all hell, though, and I do love a challenge.
    edited April 2008
    Bubblegum;516945 said:
    x_x I spend three hours a day singing soprano in choirs, and that would probably make my head explode. And if I took it down an octave, a bunch of it's in the range in which I sound silly trying to sing any song other than a classical one.
    They should do it! If only to make the heads of DLC fiends not knowing what to expect splatter all over the walls. (Showbiz hits the same incredibly-high-A, though. That song has a killer range.)

Aside from the vocal madness of that song, the time signatures confuse me. The random switches between compound and simple time! D: I would suck at that on drums.
    It'd be challenging as all hell, though, and I do love a challenge.
    To summarize: It would be awesome! Showbiz too!
    edited April 2008
    Sveppi;516967 said:
    To summarize: It would be awesome! Showbiz too!
    Yeah, basically.
    I've never really been one for summary.

Showbiz would be one of those songs that I would start on-octave and forget that I needed to drop until it's too late and the really high notes start coming. My brother hates it, but I think they're fun.
    edited April 2008
    Bubblegum;517008 said:
    Yeah, basically.

Showbiz would be one of those songs that I would start on-octave and forget that I needed to drop until it's too late and the really high notes start coming. My brother hates it, but I think they're fun.
    I really wish I could sing better, and that I could fully understand musical terms :P
    edited April 2008
    Bubblegum;517008 said:
    Yeah, basically.

Do I hear tier 9 vocals?
    edited April 2008
    TakeABow;517016 said:
    Do I hear tier 9 vocals?
    I think you do :)
    Actually most Muse song would probably be in Vocal Tiers 6/7-9
    edited April 2008
    I think so! :]
    The verses would deceive people into think it's a case of bad tiering, but then by the second chorus, they'd start to lose their cool and it would all go downhill from there.
    I'd love to do it! (Goes without saying, though; it's Muse.)
    edited April 2008
    Bubblegum;517055 said:
    The verses would deceive people into think it's a case of bad tiering, but then by the second chorus, they'd start to lose their cool and it would all go downhill from there.
    QFT
    Spot on with your analysis
    edited April 2008
    Muse: Challenging for all instruments.

If you think about it, everything is complex, the guitar is frequently arpeggiated, and almost everything is fairly fast at times, not to mention the difficulties of hitting Matt's vocal range, falsetto or no.
  • toomasiotoomasio Unsigned
    edited April 2008
    bumpin this again... shoot for 100 pages
  • jdre_124jdre_124 Opening Act
    edited April 2008
    Bubblegum;517055 said:
    Imagine Shrinking Universe!! That would be impossible for most people.
    edited April 2008
    That and Unintended. And Matt's crazy noises in Knights of Cydonia.
  • MusePTMusePT Rising Star
    edited April 2008
    You guys talk a lot about songs from BH&R... for me it's the "worst" album from them... note that being their worst doesn't mean it's bad... it's a very good album with great songs like "Map of the Problematique", "Take a Bow", "Knights of Cydonia", "Hoodoo", "City of Delusion", etc...
    But as some others that really don't make justice to the hardcore Muse fan, and this songs are probably amongst the most knowed in the non-muse fans and in the states, songs like "Starlight" (it's so POP!!!!), "Supermassive Black Hole" (so R&B), not saying they are bad songs but they are not what the core Muse fan expects from them...
    And then there are some other songs in this last album that are almost not good, like "Soldier's Poem", "invincible" (I really think the first 3 minutes or so of this song are a bit boring, only gets good when the guitar solo kicks in!!!)

For me, and for the most people I know that really likes Muse the best album is without a doubt "Origin of Simmetry" followed closely by "Absolution"... I personally like "Showbiz" better than "Black Holes & Revelations"... for me the first 3 albums are MASTER PIECES!!!!!

DLC: complete Origin of simmetry, complete Absolution and some tracks from Shwobiz and BH&R

To put in order:

Citizen Erased
    New Born
    Plug in Baby
    Stockholm Syndrome
    Bliss
    Butterflies & Hurricanes
    Showbiz
    Muscle Museum
    Hyper Music
    Map of the Problematique
    Dark Shines
    Take a Bow
    Unintended
    Uno
    Sunburn
    Feeling Good
    Knights of Cydonia
    Micro Cuts
    The Small Print
    Time is Running Out
    Crying Shame (B-Side)
    Glorious(B-Side)
    Starlight

My fav Muse song is Dark Shines by the way :p

Muse is without any doubt the BEST BAND IN THE WORLD TODAY!!! The best Live band around...
    edited April 2008
    MusePT;519545 said:
    You guys talk a lot about songs from BH&R... for me it's the "worst" album from them... note that being their worst doesn't mean it's bad... it's a very good album with great songs like "Map of the Problematique", "Take a Bow", "Knights of Cydonia", "Hoodoo", "City of Delusion", etc...
    But as some others that really don't make justice to the hardcore Muse fan, and this songs are probably amongst the most knowed in the non-muse fans and in the states, songs like "Starlight" (it's so POP!!!!), "Supermassive Black Hole" (so R&B), not saying they are bad songs but they are not what the core Muse fan expects from them...
    And then there are some other songs in this last album that are almost not good, like "Soldier's Poem", "invincible" (I really think the first 3 minutes or so of this song are a bit boring, only gets good when the guitar solo kicks in!!!)

For me, and for the most people I know that really likes Muse the best album is without a doubt "Origin of Simmetry" followed closely by "Absolution"... I personally like "Showbiz" better than "Black Holes & Revelations"... for me the first 3 albums are MASTER PIECES!!!!!

DLC: complete Origin of simmetry, complete Absolution and some tracks from Shwobiz and BH&R

To put in order:

Citizen Erased
    New Born
    Plug in Baby
    Stockholm Syndrome
    Bliss
    Butterflies & Hurricanes
    Showbiz
    Muscle Museum
    Hyper Music
    Map of the Problematique
    Dark Shines
    Take a Bow
    Unintended
    Uno
    Sunburn
    Feeling Good
    Knights of Cydonia
    Micro Cuts
    The Small Print
    Time is Running Out
    Crying Shame (B-Side)
    Glorious(B-Side)
    Starlight

My fav Muse song is Dark Shines by the way :p

Muse is without any doubt the BEST BAND IN THE WORLD TODAY!!! The best Live band around...
    I agree about Starlight and Supermassive Black Hole. I also have to agree that pound for pound Absolution and Origin of Symmetry are better records. I really like the direction the songs I do like on Black Holes and Revelations are going though. Songs like Knights of Cydonia, Take and Bow (obvioulsy I love this song), City of Delusion, and Invincible (we will have to disagree about this, since it is my Favorite Muse song), have a 'greatness' to them that I don't feel in thier earlier records.

Nice list!
  • BonezBonez Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    So I bought Haarp after seeing that Stockholm Syndrome link posted in this thread last week. Needless to say I'm now signed up on ticketmaster for email alerts if Muse tickets become available.

What an outstanding DVD.