Muse DLC. Period.

Comments

• tidutidu Rising Star
    edited January 2008
    I would miss all my classes on the Tuesday that they release a Muse pack with Stockholm Syndrome, Hysteria, and Plug In Baby... and I'd probably miss the rest of the week as well.
  • Ninjapenguin777Ninjapenguin777 Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    Id love New Born, Bliss, and Plug In Baby
  • TakeABowTakeABow Road Warrior
    edited January 2008
    Something needs to be in this game
    I hope they release more than just a 3-pack
    Two would be awesome.

Hysteria
    Starlight
    Stockholm Syndrome

Plug in Baby
    Muscle Museum
    Micro Cuts

I want Butterflies and Hurricanes, but the lack of guitar might keep that out of Rock Band, same goes for Sunburn or Apocaplyse Please.
  • SkyronSkyron Unsigned
    edited January 2008
  • AkutexAkutex Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    I must support MUSE. How they are not already in this game, I will never know. It boggles my mind.
    You see this ->:confused: That's my mind being boggled.

Matt, Dom, and Chris are all such uniquely amazing artists that almost any MUSE song would fit perfectly into this game. But after seeing what songs everyone seems to be listing in common, I'd say it is a safe bet that most of those who posted in this thread would eat up Hysteria, Stockholm Syndrome, and/or Plug-in Baby.

I have to say though, some songs, while they sound AWESOME, probably wouldn't fit the game as well. Songs like New Bown with its repetitive minute or two long piano intro, or Butterflies and Hurricanes with the sweeping piano interlude, or Feeling Good...we need a keyboard instrument for Rock Band 2 :p
  • Ninjapenguin777Ninjapenguin777 Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    The piano intro on new born would be fine. Thats no different than the bon jovi song. Thge singer could sing and then everyone else would join in
  • sungheadsunghead Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    I would love New Born too, but I have to agree that the Hysteria-Stockholm-Plug-In Baby choices are perfect for Rock Band. Of course my original bid was for Starlight which I think would drive non-Muse fans to make the purchase as well. It's so catchy that even my girlfriend enjoys it. I drive her NUTS with Muse constantly playing through my radio, but she still loves that song.

In the mindset of Rock Band and Playability, I also think putting Showbiz in there would be good. Breaking it down by Vocals/Guitar/Bass/Drums, that would be a blast to play. Easy, but still dramatic when it builds up!!!
  • oshman187oshman187 Road Warrior
    edited February 2008
    Muse would definitely be nice to have :D
  • muohiomuohio Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    Always been a big fan of Muse and would love to play along on the drums or maybe sing.
  • chipanonchipanon Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    blayne_steeeele;260452 said:
    I cannot think of any song in existence than would rock harder than "knights of cydonia"

it's just gotta happen
    Honestly? You can't think of at least one that is better than Knights of Cydonia? I could name several that rock harder, that arent even on that cd... Oh lets see,

Plug In Baby(who's riff ranks higher than nirvana's smells like teen spirit on the top 100 all time riffs)
    Shrinking Universe(yeah some fun vocals there)
    Sunburn (classic showbiz song)
    Hysteria
    Stockholm Syndrome
    Citizen Erased although the outro isnt even played with guitar
    Muscle Museum
    Apocalypse Please, if rockband had a piano
    New Born
    Uno
    Micro Cuts
    DARKSHINES which im really surprised to not have seen suggested more
    and just for kicks why not The House of the Rising Sun, their version

Yeah id say they all rock harder than Knights of Cydonia
  • phoenix_fire2005phoenix_fire2005 Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    Any Muse off of the last two CDs would be awesome. Frankly, I haven't listened to anything off of earlier albums... it might be good too, but the last two CDs are definetly the most popular and song from them would probably sell best.
  • jerymijerymi Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    I'm going to have to go with Stockholm Syndrome because it can't be requested enough.

My picks that come in behind Stockholm Syndrome:

Butterflies and Hurricanes
    Knights of Cydonia
    Hysteria
  • MusePTMusePT Rising Star
    edited February 2008
    chipanon;302047 said:

DARKSHINES which im really surprised to not have seen suggested more
    Darkshines is my fav music of all time!!! :D
    phoenix_fire2005;302092 said:
    Any Muse off of the last two CDs would be awesome. Frankly, I haven't listened to anything off of earlier albums... it might be good too, but the last two CDs are definitely the most popular and song from them would probably sell best.
    So what you have to do is listen to the other two albums, for me the best Muse album is Origin of Symmetry, there isn't a single poor song in it, and almost all of them are magnificent!!!
    Showbiz is also a fantastic album...

do yourself a favor, listen to them
  • TheTFactaTheTFacta Opening Act
    edited February 2008
    Woah, this thread is still alive! I had no idea there were so many Muse fans out there!

Also, looking back on this, how the hell did I forget Hysteria?

I'm gonna edit in some YouTube links and more information for the Muse faithful. Great support guys, and keep bumping this up!
    edited February 2008
    Bump to the first page.
  • KerahlKerahl Opening Act
    edited February 2008
    Would love to sing Showbiz.
  • darknessmoondarknessmoon Road Warrior
    edited February 2008
    Sunburn would be pretty sweet too, and some Muscle Museum...
  • PalladigmaPalladigma Opening Act
    edited February 2008
    Bump to the first page for a terrific band. HMX please let us have some muse!!!!!!
  • Zerocool318Zerocool318 Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    Would download any Muse available preferably Stockholm Syndrome, City of Delusion, and Map of the Problematique.
  • themonkeyboy88themonkeyboy88 Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    i think The Groove or Eternally Missed would be awesome
  • fafa979fafa979 Opening Act
    edited February 2008
    listen. if we get muse... i REALLY want hysteria. that is like one of my favorite songs ever... a three pack would put a grin on my face...
    edited February 2008
    If we got a Muse 3 pack, I would scream for joy then probably drive to Boston and buy the HMX staff pizza.
  • drizzt9922drizzt9922 Opening Act
    edited February 2008
  • toomasiotoomasio Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    stockholm syndrome!

wanna "play" it so bad! GOD DAMNIT! ill even sing it and ruin my lungs!
  • toomasiotoomasio Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    here's a taste of the guitar hero mod for stockholm syndrome!

CLICKY CLICKY
  • RequiemRequiem Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    It wouldn't be difficult at all, but man, Supermassive Black Hole would be a great full band experience. So groovy...
  • ColdplayerColdplayer Headliner
    edited February 2008
    I don't know many Muse songs, but every song I heard so far I liked.

So I guess I would buy every Muse song. HMX just has to release them. ;)
  • Knights_of_NiKnights_of_Ni Rising Star
    edited February 2008
    Isn't there a venue in Rock Band called Stockholm Syndrome? Is Harmonix giving us a subtle hint that we will be seeing a whole lot of Muse in the future? *whistles Twilight Zone theme*
  • naki5naki5 Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    I've never liked the mellow(100% throughout) muse songs. I personally really do not like them, but the more powerful muse I love.

I'd vote for:

Stockholm Syndrome
    Newborn
    Time is Running Out
    Knights of Cydonia
  • darknessmoondarknessmoon Road Warrior
    edited February 2008
    Coldplayer;304572 said:
    I don't know many Muse songs, but every song I heard so far I liked.

So I guess I would buy every Muse song. HMX just has to release them. ;)
    My friend once called the Muse "Mini-Radiohead" and I agree to a certain extent. Granted, both bands are amazing and unique in their own ways, but I do kind of see what he means by that, lol. Sounds contradictory, I know...

Anyway, I'm only mentioning this to you because, seeing how you don't know too many Muse songs, and you are a fan of Radiohead (I know so through your Radiohead requests posts, and you sig :p), and me being an avid listener of both those bands, I think you would very much enjoy the Muse.

I was introduced to the Muse through the album "Absolution" (which I thought was their 1st album, lol). Loved it so much that I went and purchased "Origin of Symmetry" (their 2nd album). Loved THAT one and then I bought "Showbiz" (their 1st album).

Muse has been together since they were like 14! Both Radiohead and Muse have not changed their line up since they've formed... And here is something else that should interest you:

"First EPs and Showbiz (1998–2000)

After a few years building a fan base.........(etc etc etc)

Despite the minor success of their second EP, British record companies were reluctant to back Muse, and many sections of the music industry asserted that, like many of their contemporaries, their sound was too similar to that of Radiohead. However, American record labels were keen to sign them, flying Muse out to the U.S. first class for corporate auditions. They signed with Maverick Records on December 24, 1998. Upon their return from America, Taste Media arranged deals for Muse with various record labels in Europe and Australia, allowing them to maintain control over their career in individual countries.

John Leckie, who had produced the influential The Bends by Radiohead, the Stone Roses, "Weird Al" Yankovic and The Verve, was brought in to produce the band's first record, Showbiz. The album showcased the band's soft style, and the lyrics made reference to the difficulties they had encountered while trying to establish themselves in Teignmouth.[4][5]

The release of this album was followed by tour support slots for Savage Garden in the United States. 1999 and 2000 saw Muse playing major festivals in Europe and gigs in Australia, accumulating a considerable fan base in Western Europe, particularly in France."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muse_(band)