Muse DLC. Period.

Comments

• jdre_124jdre_124 Opening Act
    edited April 2008
    Does anyone know if this is the most active band thread in the forums?? If so I think its safe to say we'll get something eventually. :)
  • SveppiSveppi Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    jdre_124;519843 said:
    Does anyone know if this is the most active band thread in the forums?? If so I think its safe to say we'll get something eventually. :)
    It might be, and we already know Hysteria is on it's way :D
  • TakeABowTakeABow Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    I bump this thread pretty obsessively. At least for the past few pages. Hysteria is not enough! We can never have too much Muse.
    edited April 2008
    TakeABow;519858 said:
    I bump this thread pretty obsessively. At least for the past few pages. Hysteria is not enough! We can never have too much Muse.
    QFT

I seriously think we need atleast a Six Pack ala Boston/Grateful Dead :D
    edited April 2008
    Sveppi;519867 said:
    QFT

I seriously think we need atleast a Six Pack ala Boston/Grateful Dead :D
    At least two of these.
    edited April 2008
    TakeABow;519876 said:
    At least two of these.
    If we get two packs they could split it into early/later Muse, or A-sides/B-sides.
    I hope Hysteria gets purchased a lot, that would bring us closer to a pack/album of some sort :)
    edited April 2008
    Sveppi;519887 said:
    If we get two packs they could split it into early/later Muse, or A-sides/B-sides.
    I hope Hysteria gets purchased a lot, that would bring us closer to a pack/album of some sort :)
    Hysteria was hugely demanded, so I would assume it will get lots of downloads. Muse has been one of the front-runners in terms of demand (back when there were polls about "bands not yet in Rock Band") behind only the big-name bands like Led Zeppelin and U2.
  • CM_DrunkCM_Drunk Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    I just want to play Drums on "Time Is Running Out'

The second verse when it starts building towards the chorus, and hes singing "I wont let you...."

I love that part of the song on Drums.
    edited April 2008
    CM_Drunk;519905 said:

The second verse when it starts building towards the chorus, and hes singing "I wont let you...."

Yeah, Dom builds up to the pre-bridge chrous different than the intro one. That big of the song is actually my favorite part of it, for that reason. He's an amazing drummer.
    edited April 2008
    CM_Drunk;519905 said:

I've been listening to that song a lot recently and I think it would work very well in RB, drums on it are pretty awesome
    edited April 2008
    TakeABow;519915 said:
    Yeah, Dom builds up to the pre-bridge chrous different than the intro one. Its mostly just tom rolls which would probably all be charted to the blue pad, sadly.
    Yeah I know.

It just sounds so friggin mean.

That song is so well written and put together, surprising for a radio hit.
  • RockstarLeoRockstarLeo Opening Act
    edited April 2008
    Yeah, they definitely need to make a Muse 6-pack, probably the best option to please the Muse fans. Well ok, more than 6 would be awesome, but I'm trying to be realistic here :)

As for the whole Radiohead argument, I wouldn't go as far as classifying trained vs. untrained ear in there. I think Muse have succeeded in coming up with material that is catchy even though it's very experimental. Radiohead is farther on the experimental spectrum so I'm not surprised not everyone can like both bands as much.
    edited April 2008
    CM_Drunk;519919 said:
    Yeah I know.

It just sounds so friggin mean.

That song is so well written and put together, surprising for a radio hit.
    I edited my post, since I was thinking from memory and I just listened to it. There is quite a bit of snare in it as well, so get excited!
  • zomg_bbqzomg_bbq Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    The song list is endless.. Imagine the possibilities, picking maybe 6-10 out of this lot and sticking it on the game.

Showbiz

Muscle Museum
    Showbiz

Origin of Symmetry

New Born
    Bliss
    Hyper Music
    Plug in Baby (Must Have)
    Dark Shines
    Feeling Good

Hullabaloo

Deadstar
    In Your World

Absolution

Time is Running Out
    Stockholm Syndrome
    Falling Away with You
    The Small Print
    Thoughts of a Dying Atheist

Black Holes and Revelations

Supermassive Black Hole
    Starlight
    Map of the Problematique
    City of Delusion
    Knights of Cydonia
  • BonezBonez Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    Deadstar would be faaaaaaaaaaaantastic.

The more I think about it, the harder it is to pick 6, or even 12 for that matter. Who else is up for a Muse Anthology pack? image
    edited April 2008
    Bonez;520245 said:

The more I think about it, the harder it is to pick 6, or even 12 for that matter. Who else is up for a Muse Anthology pack? image
    Me me me pick me! I want one!
  • BobbyBrownBobbyBrown Opening Act
    edited April 2008
    FatWilma;519715 said:
    Radiohead.
    At least Matt still has his voice. :p
    Bonez;520245 said:

Wouldn't argue with that :D
  • FatWilmaFatWilma Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    BobbyBrown;520314 said:
    what?!?

Thom hasn't lost his voice, its the exact same from Pablo Honey.

i think maybe u have him confused with James Hetfield or somthing...
    edited April 2008
    BobbyBrown;520314 said:
    Ker-what? Yorke hasn't lost his voice.
    edited April 2008
    FatWilma;520377 said:
    what?!?

Thom hasn't lost his voice, its the exact same from Pablo Honey.

i think maybe u have him confused with James Hetfield or somthing...
    I'm a big fan of The Bends through Amnesiac, but in so much after that his voice just sounds so whiney at times. Turns me off the newer stuff.
  • FatWilmaFatWilma Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    BobbyBrown;520407 said:
    I'm a big fan of The Bends through Amnesiac, but in so much after that his voice just sounds so whiney at times. Turns me off the newer stuff.
    his voice can sound different from song to song.

one of my favorite songs from In Rainbows is Jigsaw Falling Into Place. no way can u say he sounds winey in that song. but i mean, u could accuse almost any rock singer of sounding winey. its a simple matter of opinion.

*coughSupermasiveBlackHolecough*
    edited April 2008
    Hey! I love Super Massive Black Hole! You're correct with your statement though
    edited April 2008
    FatWilma;520425 said:

one of my favorite songs from In Rainbows is Jigsaw Falling Into Place. no way can u say he sounds winey in that song. but i mean, u could accuse almost any rock singer of sounding winey. its a simple matter of opinion.

QTF, Both guys (AMAZING singers in my opinion) have thier winey moments. They don't detract from their being sweet.
  • vicious136vicious136 Rising Star
    edited April 2008
    TakeABow;520696 said:
    QTF, Both guys (AMAZING singers in my opinion) have thier winey moments. They don't detract from their being sweet.
    Too true. I love Radiohead but there are a few songs where Thom gets a little out of control. The same can certainly be said for Matt. For example, in one of my favorite Muse songs, Feeling Good, he makes this kind of silly whiny sound right near then end where he changes keys briefly. Like you said, though, that doesn't ruin the song.
    edited April 2008
    FatWilma;520425 said:

Yeah I guess I can't argue with you there, I suppose it's less prevalent for me when listening to Muse because I'm a big Muse fan. Although I love all of Supermassive Black Hole.

To the poster above I know exactly what spot you're talking about and that has always bothered me a little >_<, though I still love the song.
    edited April 2008
    Anyone here care to name a few Radiohead songs that are awesome? I really want to get into them but the 5 or 6 songs I've listened to, only 3 I actually liked. Maybe its because I didn't listen to the songs more then twice, I'm also of guilty of this on some Muse songs(Supermassive Black Hole, Stockholm Syndrome, Muscle Museum) all of which I now love after multiple playthroughs.
    edited April 2008
    jdre_124;521394 said:
    Anyone here care to name a few Radiohead songs that are awesome? I really want to get into them but the 5 or 6 songs I've listened to, only 3 I actually liked. Maybe its because I didn't listen to the songs more then twice, I'm also of guilty of this on some Muse songs(Supermassive Black Hole, Stockholm Syndrome, Muscle Museum) all of which I now love after multiple playthroughs.
    Here is my top 10 that I posted in the Radiohead thread:
    Paranoid Android
    Let Down
    The Bends
    Electioneering
    Optimistic
    There There
    Fake Plastic Trees
    Bodysnatchers
    Jigsaw Falling into Place
    Idioteque
    edited April 2008
    TakeABow;521453 said:
    Here is my top 10 that I posted in the Radiohead thread:
    Paranoid Android
    Let Down
    The Bends
    Electioneering
    Optimistic
    There There
    Fake Plastic Trees
    Bodysnatchers
    Jigsaw Falling into Place
    Idioteque
    Thanks man. I'll make sure to make run through them today. :cool:
  • vicious136vicious136 Rising Star
    edited April 2008
    jdre_124;521394 said:
    My top 5:
    Fake Plastic Trees
    Exit Music (For a Film)
    Idioteque
    Where I End And You Begin (The Sky is Falling In)
    Reckoner

I love pretty much everything they've done but these are my current favs. Thom Yorke's solo album, The Eraser was good too. It's a little more off the wall than Radiohead though.
    edited April 2008
    Dear Take A Bow,

It sounds dumb to type this out, but I nominated you over in the People who make this forum rock! thread.

A few others seconded, and the dude who runs the thread added ya!