Muse DLC. Period.

Comments

• vicious136vicious136 Rising Star
    edited April 2008
    FatWilma;533488 said:
    sorry yall, i'm just tryin to be real, and thats how i see it.

i think alot of us were expecting some "steak dinners" for dlc. well its been 6 months of McDonald's and maybe a small handful of good dinners and a couple steaks. i'm still hungry for dlc and i feel like all i'm being offered is more McD's.
    lol that's a pretty good analogy. I think we've got some pretty tasty steak dinners so far. I love me some Boston! Overall, I think we've got some pretty good quality DLC. There've been some pretty bad fast food tossed in there, and some of it had sleeping pills nestled between the wilted lettuce and stale cheese (Grateful Dead, I'm lookin at you!) but overall there's some tasty treats in there.

Note: If we've gotten a few steak dinners already then that 6 course, lobster/steak combo platter and Champagne I see headed this way must be Hysteria! Yum!
  • FatWilmaFatWilma Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    Sveppi;533498 said:
    I've gotta say from my personal point of view, that I've been having really great burgers with a few steak dinners in between.
    well it looks like we kinda agree, cause i said i've had a few steaks myself with the dlc.

McD's can be tasty SOMEtimes and everyone will continuously eat it up, but i'm just gettin tired of the value meal. i guess i'll just have to go hungry for a bit.
  • TakeABowTakeABow Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    FatWilma;533617 said:
    well it looks like we kinda agree, cause i said i've had a few steaks myself with the dlc.

McD's can be tasty SOMEtimes and everyone will continuously eat it up, but i'm just gettin tired of the value meal. i guess i'll just have to go hungry for a bit.
    But when we get the full seven course meal, well, the ability to have it every single day afterwards will make it worth the wait.
  • jdre_124jdre_124 Opening Act
    edited April 2008
    I really hope that HMX consider's bringing a whole Muse album, either Origin of Symmetry or Absolution over to Rock Band. But I like, Fat Wilma, see the chances of this happening are bleak. HMXs going to probably bring all these old "classics" over to Rock Band, (seriously Judas Priest?) while we Muse fans wait and starve with a few delicous scraps(HYSTERIA) coming at us. I'm done with the food analogies and I'm going to eat.
  • masterckomastercko Unsigned
    edited April 2008
    Muse is definitely sorely missed in the Rockband DLC. This situation needs to be rectified IMMEDIATELY.

They literally can pick any three songs for a kick-ass three pack.

First time I heard of them, I saw them live. Music hasn't been the same for me since. 8^D
    edited April 2008
    A new Request a album thread is up!!
  • sandman2471sandman2471 Unsigned
    edited April 2008
    67 pages of Muse fans wanting them on the DLC.

how could rock band miss this?
    edited April 2008
    I wonder this also. This thread beats another thread that has been stickied.
  • BonezBonez Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    Not to mention that this thread is sheer awesomeness.
  • Alright_ComputerAlright_Computer Butt Neck
    edited April 2008
    67 pages of people wanting Muse and Harmonix still doesn't get it? Seriously, that's a lot more than the Pixies or Judas Priest (cough) shouldn't someone at HMX take a hint? Time is running out for them. I just want to plug in my guitar and play Muse, baby. I'll give them uno minute, or I'll have a supermassive black hole erase their citizenship. It'll be hysteria with no muse.
    edited April 2008
    Alright_Computer;535096 said:
    67 pages of people wanting Muse and Harmonix still doesn't get it? Seriously, that's a lot more than the Pixies or Judas Priest (cough) shouldn't someone at HMX take a hint? Time is running out for them. I just want to plug in my guitar and play Muse, baby. I'll give them uno minute, or I'll have a supermassive black hole erase their citizenship. It'll be hysteria with no muse.
    :D :cool: <3

I wonder if Muse actually will actually play Rockband when it comes over there or if they know how much we fight for them? :p

IF UR REDING DIS I LUV U MATT, DOM AND CHRIS!!!

COM TO TEXAZ!!!111!!
  • BubblegumBubblegum Rising Star
    edited April 2008
    I miss all the good conversations.
    The steak dinner analogy is great (even though I don't actually eat steak.).
    Hysteria wouldn't quite be a steak dinner, it would more be like a few cubic centimeters of the best food you've ever eaten (I'll leave it to your imagination.). It's excellent, it's exactly what you've been waiting for after months of just mediocre McDonalds, but it still leaves a void in your stomach, a void that can only be filled by 63 MORE MUSE SONGS, er, I mean, cubic centimeters of solid amazing.
    Come on, Harmonix, feed us some more of the good stuff. You know there's some out there, go forth and prosper and bring back some tasty delicious Muse.

I can't decide whether I'd want Absolution or Origin of Symmetry. Both of them have some really stand-out I-have-to-play-this-on-Rock-Band tracks. Absolution has Stockholm Syndrome and Time Is Running Out and The Small Print (of course, we're already getting Hysteria.), but Origin of Symmetry has New Born, Plug in Baby, Citizen Erased, and Hyper Music. I'd probably enjoy Absolution more as a whole (not by too much), but New Born and Plug in Baby are crucial to the Rock Band experience in my mind.
    And neither of them have Invincible. Pff.

D:< I wish Muse would come to Texas. (I live in Texas, too. Can't say I'd blame Muse if they didn't want to come here; so many people give it a terrible name, it's nasty and humid down in Houston, it just can't be a pleasant tour experience. Plus, I swear, every concert I attend goes badly, for some reason. ><)

How could this thread be ignored? What do we have to do, light our strats, drumsitcks, and mics on fire, bring baby animals up to Harmonix's offices, and shout, "HEY, HARMONIX, GIVE US SOME MORE MUSE OR THE KITTEN GETS IT!"
    edited April 2008
    jdre_124;535201 said:
    :D :cool: <3

I wonder if Muse actually will actually play Rockband when it comes over there or if they know how much we fight for them? :p

IF UR REDING DIS I LUV U MATT, DOM AND CHRIS!!!

COM TO TEXAZ!!!111!!</div>
    Well, I would play a video game if it had me in it. And I'm sure they probably read their own forums sometimes... lots of fans there...

And once you're done in Texas, Muse, come to Indianapolis. Really. Or Chicago. Or somewhere in that area. No one would come to Indianapolis (which is the closest major city to where I live) except... RADIOHEAD! And I have tickets that aren't crap! woohoo!
    edited April 2008
    Awww someone doesn't like Muse and decided to markdown our topdog thread from 5 Stars to 4 Stars(Minor complaint I know). Who ever you are. Your LAME.
    edited April 2008
    Some Muse hater was jealous of our thread. they just wish they had 68 pages for one of their favorite bands.
    edited April 2008
    Alright_Computer;535602 said:
    Some Muse hater was jealous of our thread. they just wish they had 68 pages for one of their favorite bands.
    Well. Clearly everyone needs to vote.

Commandment:
    If you like Muse, rate it 5 stars!
  • SveppiSveppi Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    *bump to the top*

/watching HAARP :D
  • FatWilmaFatWilma Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    i actually just picked up HAARP the other day, i'm gonna watch it here very shortly...
    edited April 2008
    The show is just so spectacular, jaw-dropping and beautiful
  • edited April 2008
    just another bump
    seriously excited for the pixies album

heres an idea how about a muse greatest hits album?
    who wouldnt want a mix of all the best?

edit: loving haarp, and everything about it
  • Munger88Munger88 Opening Act
    edited April 2008
    The song Hysteria by Muse has already been confirmed for the game. It is being released on the European version of Rock Band, and all the songs included on the European version are confirmed as DLC in Rock Band here in the States.
  • woofmixwoofmix Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    Munger88;537295 said:
    The song Hysteria by Muse has already been confirmed for the game. It is being released on the European version of Rock Band, and all the songs included on the European version are confirmed as DLC in Rock Band here in the States.

That has been said many times before.

Also Im in for the Muse greatest hits cd for rock band :D
    edited April 2008
    woofmix;537313 said:
    That has been said many times before.

Also Im in for the Muse greatest hits cd for rock band :D
    First we need Helium3 to produce a greatest hits record. Or we could use the HAARP tracklist!
    FatWilma;536609 said:
    i actually just picked up HAARP the other day, i'm gonna watch it here very shortly...
    Did you notice the Close Encounters of the Third Kind chords at the beginning of Knights of Cydonia?
  • paddy56paddy56 Unsigned
    edited April 2008
    TakeABow;537331 said:
    Or we could use the HAARP tracklist!
    I was just about to suggest that as well. That would solve the problems of trying to pick just ONE album. :D
    edited April 2008
    paddy56;537344 said:
    I was just about to suggest that as well. That would solve the problems of trying to pick just ONE album. :D
    Except that the HAARP CD is missing Plug In Baby.
    And City of Delusion.
    And Bliss.

Oh... right, I love everything Muse has. But really Plug In Baby needs to happen, So I guess the DVD tracklist would be optimal.

If I get to play Invincible in Rock Band, well, there might be a week-long party to celebrate. And delicious cookies.
  • woofmixwoofmix Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    TakeABow;537357 said:
    And City of Delusion.
    And Bliss.

Oh... right, I love everything Muse has. But really Plug In Baby needs to happen, So I guess the DVD tracklist would be optimal.

If I get to play Invincible in Rock Band, well, there might be a week-long party to celebrate. And delicious cookies.
    To answer your question in a non sense of reality. PUT ALL 3 CD'S ON ROCK BAND :D.

Too bad this is reality... :(
    edited April 2008
    TakeABow;537357 said:
    And City of Delusion.
    And Bliss.

Man I love cookies.
    I agree that the HAARP DVD setlist would be optimal, but as you said that doesn't include CoD and Bliss.....aww man Bliss.....it's so awesome
    edited April 2008
    woofmix;537404 said:
    To answer your question in a non sense of reality. PUT ALL 3 CD'S ON ROCK BAND :D.

Too bad this is reality... :(
    There are 4 Muse albums. But yeah, having all of them would rock, there's just too much piano/too little other instruments in some songs (Apocalypse Please, Butterflies & Hurricanes and Take a Bow are a few of them)

Is it just me, or is Exo-Politics PERFECT for Rock Band? Then again, so are a lot of songs.
  • Asphyx1ateDAsphyx1ateD Unsigned
    edited April 2008
    Assassin would be an amazing choice for Rock Band, and especially the Grand Omega Bosses Edit version of it (the b-side to Knights Of Cydonia).

However, I think they made a very good choice in Hysteria, as it does have a very good bassline and what I find is the bassist does get stuck with pretty boring lines in a lot of songs.

Stockholm Syndrome would also be a good choice, especially drum-wise. The opening Plug In Baby guitar riff would be a beauty to play. Time Is Running Out would also be a great song overall. Bliss, my favourite song of Muse, would also work well.

Easily, though, would no doubt be the perfect Muse song for Rock Band. It's only a b-side though (to Starlight) and thus isn't very well known. Its bassline is amazing though and it's very Bliss-like.
  • vicious136vicious136 Rising Star
    edited April 2008
    TakeABow;537331 said:

Did you notice the Close Encounters of the Third Kind chords at the beginning of Knights of Cydonia?
    Yes! I thought that was so awesome. And I'm glad I wasn't the only one that was nerdy enough to notice that.

A Muse "greatest hits" album would be pretty awesome. As is apparent on thread, most of us (if we got ot choose) would put in Muse songs from all their albums before we put in one full Muse album. It would be hard though because their albums are so well mixed. The song progression on each album is so well balanced that it'd be almost tragic to see it broken up. Also, you wouldn't get any of the neat transitions between songs. IMO Hysteria isn't nearly as awesome without the interlude right before it. I can't even describe how much I would geek out if that part ended up in the RB version of Hysteria. I won't get my hopes up though. That doesn't mean I'm not excited for Hysteria though. XD XD XD