Muse DLC. Period.

Comments

• TakeABowTakeABow Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    Alright_Computer;540579 said:
    The test of a true Muse fan: whoever gets the most posts requesting for them to be in Rock Band.

If I had the budget, I would easily go to England just to see Muse. But I really don't, unfortunately. Also, I'm a believer that touring with MCR was one of the biggest mistakes in Muse's lives.
    I was one of the few people that pushed all the way up to the front to see Muse, and then walked out after thier set ended. Matt said in an interview that he hoped the MCR fans who saw them would learn to appreciate good music, and he covered it with a laugh. Honestly, I think it was what they had to do to get a decently large tour in the States.
    In an interview:
    Do you have any hopes of breaking America?
    Matt: "It'd be nice, yeah. But if you want to break America, you do have to bend over, pull down your pants and let radio stations f**k you up the arse. If there's any way of avoiding that, I'll go for it. But I think we'll go live there for six months and see what happens."
    I don't anticipate them having that trouble again though, especially after headlining at Lollapalooza 2007, the extremely successful Wembley shows, plus the amazing quality of the HAARP CD/DVD.

Here I go, posting again.
  • Alright_ComputerAlright_Computer Butt Neck
    edited April 2008
    Wow. I bet there were a lot of teen girls with too much eyeliner at the show. And if I were Matt, I wouldn't have covered it with a laugh. Really. That may have been why they agreed to do it, they actually wanted MCR fans to hear good music. Not the crap their favorite band usually makes.
    edited April 2008
    Alright_Computer;540605 said:
    Wow. I bet there were a lot of teen girls with too much eyeliner at the show. And if I were Matt, I wouldn't have covered it with a laugh. Really. That may have been why they agreed to do it, they actually wanted MCR fans to hear good music. Not the crap their favorite band usually makes.
    I felt out of place wearing an Interpol t-shirt and non-ripped jeans and indoor soccer shoes around all the pre-ripped / girlpants, eyeliner and tight-jacket, emover haircut sporting crowd that filled most of the place. Matt definatly had more fun at Lollapalooza than he did playing right before MCR.

Warner is pushing Muse hard over here now. And they were really fantastic about fixing the Special Edition HAARP DVD situation. I expected to just be screwed with a region 2 DVD, but three days later I got the replacement.
    edited April 2008
    Wow, seems like they really want to keep Muse fans here in the US. Either that or they want to have people that will never experience a Muse concert because they never come to the Midwest see the awesomeness that is Muse in concert.
  • supersonic1414supersonic1414 Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    TakeABow;540634 said:
    I felt out of place wearing an Interpol t-shirt and non-ripped jeans and indoor soccer shoes around all the pre-ripped / girlpants, eyeliner and tight-jacket, emover haircut sporting crowd that filled most of the place. Matt definatly had more fun at Lollapalooza than he did playing right before MCR.

Warner is pushing Muse hard over here now. And they were really fantastic about fixing the Special Edition HAARP DVD situation. I expected to just be screwed with a region 2 DVD, but three days later I got the replacement.
    What DVD problem did you run into?
    edited April 2008
    supersonic1414;540659 said:
    What DVD problem did you run into?
    The special edition boxes (limited to 1000 copies in the US) were all region 2 (UK, Japan, France, Germany) coded, so US DVD players couldn't play them. They had the replacement DVD with the correct region code in the mail before I called to ask what was up.
    edited April 2008
    TakeABow;540668 said:
    The special edition boxes (limited to 1000 copies in the US) were all region 2 (UK, Japan, France, Germany) coded, so US DVD players couldn't play them. They had the replacement DVD with the correct region code in the mail before I called to ask what was up.
    That's nice of them. I guess they just wanted to spread the HAARP around.

I wonder how many special edition boxes there were in the UK, since they're a lot more popular there.
    edited April 2008
    Alright_Computer;540697 said:
    That's nice of them. I guess they just wanted to spread the HAARP around.

I wonder how many special edition boxes there were in the UK, since they're a lot more popular there.
    Warner wants Muse fans to be happy, and they pushed HAARP into lots of record stores. I expect that the next time Muse tours over here, it will be thier own tour, with lots of other bands clamoring to open for them.

*Imagines an Interpol/Muse Tour* If only...

I bet Helium3 put out plenty of the special HAARP DVD over there. Probably a limited time deal instead of a limited number.
    edited April 2008
    TakeABow;540716 said:
    Warner wants Muse fans to be happy, and they pushed HAARP into lots of record stores. I expect that the next time Muse tours over here, it will be thier own tour, with lots of other bands clamoring to open for them.

*Imagines an Interpol/Muse Tour* If only...

I bet Helium3 put out plenty of the special HAARP DVD over there. Probably a limited time deal instead of a limited number.
    That tour would be awesome. I would go.
    edited April 2008
    Alright_Computer;540726 said:
    That tour would be awesome. I would go.
    If that tour happened, I would follow it city to city for a while. Skipping school/work as needed.
  • supersonic1414supersonic1414 Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    TakeABow;540668 said:

Damn, I would have loved to have gotten this version!!!!Lucky you..

As for following Muse around from city to city, I have done that with The Cure before....Always a good experience for a band you are passionate about
    edited April 2008
    That would be really fun to do. Especially if they had different setlists/props onstage for each show, which I bet they do. I'm praying for a big US tour now...
    edited April 2008
    Alright_Computer;540761 said:
    That would be really fun to do. Especially if they had different setlists/props onstage for each show, which I bet they do. I'm praying for a big US tour now...
    There would probably be at least a song or two different at each show. Depending on whether they are touring an album(less variety) or just touring(More). Either way, every show is it's own monster, and no two are the same.
    edited April 2008
    Yeah, HAARP was way different than the one I saw. (I saw the Chicago show back in July '06) Maybe that was because back then, the songs were newer. I mean, BH&R was released only 2 weeks earlier. Oh well.
    edited April 2008
    Alright_Computer;540776 said:
    Yeah, HAARP was way different than the one I saw. (I saw the Chicago show back in July '08) Maybe that was because back then, the songs were newer. I mean, BH&R was released only 2 weeks earlier. Oh well.
    I'm gonna assume you meant July 06. Or you have a time machine.

Actually - I'm gonna assume the latter.

88 miles per hour!
    edited April 2008
    Oops... I got this year mixed up with 2 years ago... I'll edit it now.

I got the Back to the Future reference :D
    edited April 2008
    Alright_Computer;540797 said:
    Oops... I got this year mixed up with 2 years ago... I'll edit it now.

I got the Back to the Future reference :D
    You gotta respect the flux capacitor. I still believe that thier July '08 show "was" amazing.
    edited April 2008
    TakeABow;540803 said:
    You gotta respect the flux capacitor. I still believe that thier July '08 show "was" amazing.
    Yeah, it really sucked that Matt wasn't in it, though :eek:

Oh, I wasn't supposed to say that part yet...
    edited April 2008
    Alright_Computer;540813 said:
    Yeah, it really sucked that Matt wasn't in it, though :eek:

Oh, I wasn't supposed to say that part yet...
    *cries*...
  • AlecAlec Unsigned
    edited April 2008
    I love Muse!

It will be very good to add any song.
    edited April 2008
    Well, you could always change the future... maybe having a tuna salad sandwich instead of an egg salad sandwich prevents Matt from leaving the band.
    edited April 2008
    Alec;540830 said:
    I love Muse!
    Don't we all.

No really, I don't know anyone that's heard Muse and not liked them.
    edited April 2008
    Alright_Computer;540834 said:
    Well, you could always change the future... maybe having a tuna salad sandwich instead of an egg salad sandwich prevents Matt from leaving the band.
    I will second-guess everything I do now...
    edited April 2008
    TakeABow;540843 said:
    I will second-guess everything I do now...
    I'm never eating egg salad again. And that's not because I don't like it. Even though I don't.
    edited April 2008
    Alright_Computer;540850 said:
    I'm never eating egg salad again. And that's not because I don't like it. Even though I don't.
    I think some Bellamy-inspired consipiracy regarding egg salads has gotten to you, friend. Probably related to the H.A.A.R.P. experiment in Alaska.

Nobody else can play and sing Muse besides Matt Bellamy.
    edited April 2008
    Yes, that H.A.A.R.P. experiment is bad news. I also agree that Muse would be something else entirely without Matt. It's just not possible. No one in rock today can top his solos.
    edited April 2008
    Alright_Computer;540896 said:
    Yes, that H.A.A.R.P. experiment is bad news. I also agree that Muse would be something else entirely without Matt. It's just not possible. No one in rock today can top his solos.
    I challenge anyone in the world to sing with Matt's range, play guitar as well as he can, plus be a skilled pianist.
    edited April 2008
    Exactly. I suck at singing (No hard vocals for me :(), I'm alright at guitar, and good at the piano. But nowhere close on any level to Bellamy. The least I can do is jam along to his songs, if RB would release them already... and not just Hysteria.
    edited April 2008
    Alright_Computer;541013 said:
    Exactly. I suck at singing (No hard vocals for me :(), I'm alright at guitar, and good at the piano. But nowhere close on any level to Bellamy. The least I can do is jam along to his songs, if RB would release them already... and not just Hysteria.
    I'm going to get a guitar shortly, and hopefully after a few months I will be able to play a few Muse riffs. Maybe even a solo or two.
    edited April 2008
    TakeABow;541034 said:
    I'm going to get a guitar shortly, and hopefully after a few months I will be able to play a few Muse riffs. Maybe even a solo or two.
    Good luck with Invincible's solo. But Hysteria isn't so hard (the guitar part anyways). Stockholm Syndrome has a lot of tapping. Plug In Baby is fun. And I could go on and on. It's really fun to play along with the recording and pretend you're as good as Matt Bellamy.