Muse DLC. Period.

Comments

• ViljoViljo Unsigned
    edited April 2008
    Stockholm Syndrom is a must.
  • TakeABowTakeABow Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    MusePT;541556 said:
    In the 2nd Wembley Show, MCR where one of the opening acts for Muse... I went in the 1st day so I don't know if they were good or not... I know only the most played songs from radio and tv so I don't have an opinion on their music!
    I promise you are better off having not seen MCR in concert.
  • ColdplayerColdplayer Headliner
    edited April 2008
    MusePT;540429 said:
    OMG... just came here after posting the new sig earlier and PUM 6 new pages!!! You guys are monsters!!!! :p
    This thread is really a monster, growing so fast, unbelievable. I mean, Muse is good, but I've never expected them to get such a fast growing thread. Why isn't the Radiohead thread so big? (Probably because we already have them in the game)

Anyways, @TakeABow: I will watch this video later, since I want to listen to Invincible a few more times before I watch a live performance.
    edited April 2008
    Coldplayer;541771 said:
    This thread is really a monster, growing so fast, unbelievable. I mean, Muse is good, but I've never expected them to get such a fast growing thread. Why isn't the Radiohead thread so big? (Probably because we already have them in the game)

Anyways, @TakeABow: I will watch this video later, since I want to listen to Invincible a few more times before I watch a live performance.
    Seeing Invincible performed live catapaulted it from a song I liked alot, but by no means my favorite, to my favorite song. That same show was when Muse leapfrogged Radiohead for me to become my favorite band.

I'm glad you like BHaR. I can't wait to see where they go next. Rumor has it they considered hiring a orchestra, and they are planning to make thier music even more electronic. Whatever they are coming up with, it will be self-produced, and released late this year or early next year.
    edited April 2008
    TakeABow;541814 said:
    Seeing Invincible performed live catapaulted it from a song I liked alot, but by no means my favorite, to my favorite song. That same show was when Muse leapfrogged Radiohead for me to become my favorite band.

I'm glad you like BHaR. I can't wait to see where they go next. Rumor has it they considered hiring a orchestra, and they are planning to make thier music even more electronic. Whatever they are coming up with, it will be self-produced, and released late this year or early next year.
    Yeah, let's wait and see.

BH&R would actually be perfect as full album DLC, I would love it. It has so much variety with great melodies like in Starlight and Invincible, just popular songs like Supermassive Black Hole and Knights of Cydonia and Queenish songs like Soldier's Poem. :p (The many voices really reminded me of Queen)
    Oh yes, or really hard rocking songs like Assassin.
    edited April 2008
    Coldplayer;541844 said:
    Yeah, let's wait and see.

BH&R would actually be perfect as full album DLC, I would love it.
    There are a few small issues with a couple songs. But yeah, for the most part it would work.
    edited April 2008
    TakeABow;541850 said:
    There are a few small issues with a couple songs. But yeah, for the most part it would work.
    Hey, slow down, I wasn't even finished editing my post. :p

(No wonder this thread is so long :D )
    edited April 2008
    Coldplayer;541854 said:
    Hey, slow down, I wasn't even finished editing my post. :p

(No wonder this thread is so long :D )
    I get excited.
  • BonezBonez Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    Getting on the computer on the weekends is next to impossible for me...coming on here and reading 20 new pages since Friday totally made up for the crappy weekend I had. This thread is glorious! :D

Matt would be so proud of your egg-salad conspiracy theory. That was just hysterical.

It's awesome to see how many people are looking into guitars now because of Muse! Plug-in Baby is insane amounts of fun to play. I've taken on the huge responsibility of trying to learn all of their songs; there have been talks of a cover band amongst myself, my friend and my brother. We'll see...either way it would be sweet to just sit down and play any Muse song my heart desires. They can get rather complicated though.

For those of you looking at guitars, you should seriously give some thought to Jackson. They are so overlooked in the guitar world, but they make fantastic guitars. I was so excited to see them in RB. They can be a little pricey, but you can usually find great deals on them at Guitar Center, and they're worth every penny. My guitar's list price was $800, I got it for $500. Most of them come with EMG-HZ pickups as standard equipment, and as far as pickups go, they're among the best. Compared to my Strat, my Jackson's tone is just beautiful. Just avoid the Floyd Rose locking tremolo's if you can...I have one, and my guitar has been out of commission for a couple years now because it's so messed up and I haven't had time to take it to be fixed. That's the only negative thing I've come across with it though.

Sorry for the guitar novel...they just make me excited.
  • SveppiSveppi Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    We're up to Five star again :D also, I went to school then I came back and *poof* 8 pages. At this rate we'll hit 100 pages by Thursday :)
    edited April 2008
    Bonez;542164 said:
    Getting on the computer on the weekends is next to impossible for me...coming on here and reading 20 new pages since Friday totally made up for the crappy weekend I had. This thread is glorious! :D

Matt would be so proud of your egg-salad conspiracy theory. That was just hysterical.

It's awesome to see how many people are looking into guitars now because of Muse! Plug-in Baby is insane amounts of fun to play. I've taken on the huge responsibility of trying to learn all of their songs; there have been talks of a cover band amongst myself, my friend and my brother. We'll see...either way it would be sweet to just sit down and play any Muse song my heart desires. They can get rather complicated though.

For those of you looking at guitars, you should seriously give some thought to Jackson. They are so overlooked in the guitar world, but they make fantastic guitars. I was so excited to see them in RB. They can be a little pricey, but you can usually find great deals on them at Guitar Center, and they're worth every penny. My guitar's list price was $800, I got it for $500. Most of them come with EMG-HZ pickups as standard equipment, and as far as pickups go, they're among the best. Compared to my Strat, my Jackson's tone is just beautiful. Just avoid the Floyd Rose locking tremolo's if you can...I have one, and my guitar has been out of commission for a couple years now because it's so messed up and I haven't had time to take it to be fixed. That's the only negative thing I've come across with it though.

Sorry for the guitar novel...they just make me excited.
    I am looking into getting an Epiphone Les Paul, I can get one with list price of 1100 for about 550. My guitar-playing friends recommend them highly. Any input on the sort of amp I should get?
  • sattyriasissattyriasis Unsigned
    edited April 2008
    Blackholes and Revelations needs to be a full album release. Absolution is freaking awesome, but a good chunk of the songs is piano heavy and it probably wouldn't translate well. Origin of Symmetry also has amazing songs. Actually, any of their songs are good for the game. Hysteria is an amazing first song for release, but please don't stop there. Muse will get my MS Points on the first day.
  • FatWilmaFatWilma Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    TakeABow;542659 said:
    I am looking into getting an Epiphone Les Paul, I can get one with list price of 1100 for about 550. My guitar-playing friends recommend them highly. Any input on the sort of amp I should get?
    in my experience with (real) Les Pauls, Marshall amps sound great with them. however, i wouldn't recommend getting a tube amp, those are a b*tch for maintanence, but i'm lazy. i had a Crate tube amp, and it sounded awesome, but replacing tubes sucks. Marshall makes great solid state amps. if i had a Les Paul, thats what i would get.

i now have a lil Crate 10" solid state amp for my Strat and it sounds good for as cheap as it was. if all u want is a small, cheap amp, i would recommend that.

btw, finally watched HAARP. what can i say that hasn't already been said, its live Muse. of course it rocks. i wish they would have jammed some more songs out, those were my favorite parts, when they would extend a solo or add lil riffs at then end. i forget what song it was, but i swear he played almost the exact solo from Bulls On Parade.
    edited April 2008
    FatWilma;542811 said:
    in my experience with (real) Les Pauls, Marshall amps sound great with them. however, i wouldn't recommend getting a tube amp, those are a b*tch for maintanence, but i'm lazy. i had a Crate tube amp, and it sounded awesome, but replacing tubes sucks. Marshall makes great solid state amps. if i had a Les Paul, thats what i would get.

i now have a lil Crate 10" solid state amp for my Strat and it sounds good for as cheap as it was. if all u want is a small, cheap amp, i would recommend that.

btw, finally watched HAARP. what can i say that hasn't already been said, its live Muse. of course it rocks. i wish they would have jammed some more songs out, those were my favorite parts, when they would extend a solo or add lil riffs at then end. i forget what song it was, but i swear he played almost the exact solo from Bulls On Parade.
    Thanks for the input. Matt plays a random improv solo after Starlight. He also plays the solo from another song after Stockholm Syndrome, but it eludes me at the moment. And random bits all over, fantastic stuff.
    edited April 2008
    yeah, i'm pretty sure its the end of Stockholm Syndrome. its just a lil part, he plays almost the exact notes from the Bulls On Parade solo (probably unintentional, i just noticed it immediately).
  • vicious136vicious136 Rising Star
    edited April 2008
    Whaaaaaa!? I leave for a sec and 10 pages show up! I was on here yesterday! This is madness. At this rate, we'll be at 100 pages in no time! I'd also like to note that this thread has the most replies of any Ultimate Setlist thread that deals with one band. We're #4 overall right now.
    FatWilma;542811 said:

If I had the money (and didn't live in an apartment) I would jump all over a marshall 4x12 cab and tube amp. A buddy of mine had one in high-school and it sounds phenomenal, especially when you crank it up. Mesa Boogie makes good "stacks" as well, great crunchy distortion.

I've got a small Fender solid-state amp now and it's got good sound but I don't think solid-states will ever touch the full, warm sound of a tube amp. Tubes are a pain in the butt though.
    FatWilma;542839 said:
    yeah, i'm pretty sure its the end of Stockholm Syndrome. its just a lil part, he plays almost the exact notes from the Bulls On Parade solo (probably unintentional, i just noticed it immediately).
    That is awesome. I totally didn't notice that, now I'll have to go back and watch it again! I doubt it was unintentional. Matt's got a pretty vast knowledge of all things musical and he's got the talent to replicate pretty much whatever he wants so I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he threw that in just for "S's & G's" just like he did with the note progression from Close Encounters.
    edited April 2008
    Got it: He plays the riff from Maggie's Farm at the end of Stockholm Syndrome.

Sick stuff.

For comparison: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VRgaAHNNT8
    edited April 2008
    well, it sounds LIKE the Bulls on Parade notes, doesn't really sound like the actual solo. it doesn't have the swipe & scratch sound to it like Morello plays. it just sounds similiar. thats why i said it probably wasnt intentional, but who knows.

edit: it might have been at the end of a diff song, i'll try to watch it again tonight and verify that.

back on the subject of amps, if i was gettin a stack, it would def be Marshall. i was never a fan of Mesa/Boogie. like u said, i always thought they sounded kinda funny.

Fender makes a really good combo amp too. I have a 15" Fender bass amp that rocks. for 1 15" speaker, the thing is a beast.
    edited April 2008
    vicious136;542887 said:

That is awesome. I totally didn't notice that, now I'll have to go back and watch it again! I doubt it was unintentional. Matt's got a pretty vast knowledge of all things musical and he's got the talent to replicate pretty much whatever he wants so I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he threw that in just for "S's & G's" just like he did with the note progression from Close Encounters.
    I just listened to the Royal Albert Hall concert from April 12th. He does the Close Encounters thing there too, it's become a sort of intro for Knights of Cydonia :) www.musewiki.org has pretty good info on they're gigs.
  • BonezBonez Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    Actually, if you look at the credits in the booklet, they credit several RATM songs (I'm forgetting the others at the moment), as well as Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

TakeABow...Les Pauls are great! My brother has an Epi, and he loves it. As far as amps go, no one can touch Marshall. Unfortunately, they're expensive, and most take up a ton of room. The only ones I've ever played on were at Guitar Center, and that was just wishful thinking. I have a Crate MX15R...it's been discontinued for a few years now (not surprising since I bought it six years ago), but for a small amp it has fantastic sound. I'm sure they've replaced it with another 15 watt that's just as good. I'm currently lusting for this one. I was messing around with it the last time I was at GC, and it was wonderful. If you're looking for something bigger than a 15w, check that bad boy out. It's even got a built in tuner, which is just genius. Crate's are really good at mimicking the tube amp sound for a solid-state company. I highly recommend them if you can't get a Marshall.
    edited April 2008
    Bonez;542964 said:
    Actually, if you look at the credits in the booklet, they credit several RATM songs (I'm forgetting the others at the moment), as well as Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

TakeABow...Les Pauls are great! My brother has an Epi, and he loves it. As far as amps go, no one can touch Marshall. Unfortunately, they're expensive, and most take up a ton of room. The only ones I've ever played on were at Guitar Center, and that was just wishful thinking. I have a Crate MX15R...it's been discontinued for a few years now (not surprising since I bought it six years ago), but for a small amp it has fantastic sound. I'm sure they've replaced it with another 15 watt that's just as good. I'm currently lusting for this one. I was messing around with it the last time I was at GC, and it was wonderful. If you're looking for something bigger than a 15w, check that bad boy out. It's even got a built in tuner, which is just genius. Crate's are really good at mimicking the tube amp sound for a solid-state company. I highly recommend them if you can't get a Marshall.
    Thanks for the advice. That Crate looks pretty sweet.
    edited April 2008
    I seriously have to play my guitar more, the only thing I can remember is the Smoke on the Water riff. I could actually play the piano intro to Starlight, the live intro to Bliss and the piano bit in New Born pretty well, can't really remember how to play them now :(
  • S1ckH4ndsS1ckH4nds YouTube Guru
    edited April 2008
    Hrm. Honestly, I hadn't really heard of Muse prior to GHIII. But since I found myself playing it yesterday, and revisiting Knights Of Cydonia, I decided to finally give their full length a shot. So after downloading Black Holes & Revelations based on that track alone, I was really surprised to hear such a diverse album; I don't think a single track on there sounds like any of the others. I was really surprised at the near synth-poppy opener. But all in all, it's a fascinating release, and I'd love to see it made available as DLC for RB.
    edited April 2008
    S1ckH4nds;543190 said:
    Hrm. Honestly, I hadn't really heard of Muse prior to GHIII. But since I found myself playing it yesterday, and revisiting Knights Of Cydonia, I decided to finally give their full length a shot. So after downloading Black Holes & Revelations based on that track alone, I was really surprised to hear such a diverse album; I don't think a single track on there sounds like any of the others. I was really surprised at the near synth-poppy opener. But all in all, it's a fascinating release, and I'd love to see it made available as DLC for RB.
    It really is an amazing album, and it definitely deserves to be DLC :) Glad to hear you enjoyed it :)
  • vicious136vicious136 Rising Star
    edited April 2008
    Bonez;542964 said:

TakeABow...Les Pauls are great! My brother has an Epi, and he loves it.
    My only advice in regards to buying a Les Paul is to play the crap out of a bunch of them before you buy. I've played a few Les Pauls that have sounded beautiful but I've also played a few that sounded terrible. I'm not sure if it's a quality control issue at Gibson or what but there are definitely a few stinkers that end up in stores. So, once you decide you want to buy one, head out and play as many as it takes to find one that sounds good to you. Actually, that's advice that works for any guitar, really.

I've heard very good things about Crate amps. And from the input you've got here, I'd say go for it. If you don't mind dropping a bunch of money, Soldano makes some really sweet amps. Also, Line 6 makes some pretty decent solid-state amps. I know a lot of people don't like them but they sound pretty good imo and they've got all sorts of funky effects built in to their amps.
    edited April 2008
    I have a black Epiphone DOT. It looks like this (but with more buttons):
    Happy with it, so far. I love this Robert Smith style.
    edited April 2008
    Coldplayer;543476 said:
    I have a black Epiphone DOT. It looks like this (but with more buttons):

Happy with it, so far. I love this Robert Smith style.
    Nice hollow-body :D
    edited April 2008
    Sveppi;543482 said:
    Nice hollow-body :D
    I just remembered I have pics of my guitar on my HDD. So, here, that is how my guitar really looks like:
    edited April 2008
    It looks better with the pick guard on it, sweet guitar :)
  • themonkeyboy88themonkeyboy88 Unsigned
    edited April 2008
    i just gotta say thank you to my bro for somehow knowing about Muse and getting Absolution when it came out. And i also have to thank the kid who posted a live video of KoC that got me back into Muse a few years ago, I love that kid.