Muse DLC. Period.

Comments

• xbadx1233xbadx1233 Opening Act
    edited April 2008
    WTF IS THAT??

I can't believe this guy hates the album! BHAR is one of THE best albums i've ever heard.

Critics....

EDIT: 100th POST YAY!
  • jobnjobn Unsigned
    edited April 2008
    xbadx1233;544798 said:
    WTF IS THAT??

I can't believe this guy hates the album! BHAR is one of THE best albums i've ever heard.

Critics....

EDIT: 100th POST YAY!
    I was disgusted with what he said about KoC!!!!'
    That one really pissed me off!
  • KillbasaKillbasa Opening Act
    edited April 2008
    I don't know why exactly since their sounds are very different but a lot of Muse's stuff puts me in mind of Queen at their most bombastically operatic.
  • BubblegumBubblegum Rising Star
    edited April 2008
    I think it's almost safe to say HAARP changed my life.
    The performances of New Born and Invincible were my favorites, I think. I'd seen the Invincible performance in saltine-vision, but putting it on an actual TV with decent audio makes it positively astounding.
    They're true geniuses. And I love the stuff they did after New Born.
    The only thing that can top that is actually going to a Muse concert.

Ah, I'd heard the line "Always loveably lame, have managed to take a turn for the lamer," but not the rest of it.
    I'm curious as to how he knew Muse's wardrobe without seeing them.

Also, my Muse 3-pack:
    New Born
    Stockholm Syndrome
    Invincible
    (It was really hard to take Plug in Baby off that list. Really.)

6-pack:
    Time is Running Out
    Stockholm Syndrome
    Invincible
    Knights of Cydonia
    New Born
    Plug in Baby.
    (If both packs were to be released, I'd have New Born, Stockholm Syndrome, and Invincible replaced with Citizen Erased, Shrinking Universe, and The Small Print.)

Album: Black Holes and Revelations.
  • TakeABowTakeABow Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    Bubblegum;544890 said:
    I think it's almost safe to say HAARP changed my life.
    The performances of New Born and Invincible were my favorites, I think. I'd seen the Invincible performance in saltine-vision, but putting it on an actual TV with decent audio makes it positively astounding.
    They're true geniuses. And I love the stuff they did after New Born.
    I think this warrants two cookies.

*Gives a Cookie*
    *Gives a Cookie*
  • xbadx1233xbadx1233 Opening Act
    edited April 2008
    Let's see...

3 pack:

Exo-Politics
    Stockholm Syndrome
    Plug In Baby

6 Pack:

Map of the Problematique
    Assassin
    Knights of Cydonia
    New Born
    Citizen Erased
    Starlight
  • toad3000toad3000 Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    jobn;544805 said:
    I was disgusted with what he said about KoC!!!!'
    That one really pissed me off!
    Yeah, that review was terrible, I've actually read it before. but if you check out the other reviews cited on Wikipedia, or even the Metacritic listing (http://www.metacritic.com/music/artists/muse/blackholesandrevelations?q=muse)
    , it's done pretty well for itself. Great album, but I guess not for everyone...?
    edited April 2008
    toad3000;545024 said:
    Yeah, that review was terrible, I've actually read it before. but if you check out the other reviews cited on Wikipedia, or even the Metacritic listing (http://www.metacritic.com/music/artists/muse/blackholesandrevelations?q=muse)
    , it's done pretty well for itself. Great album, but I guess not for everyone...?
    Well Q Magazine put Knights of Cydonia on thier list of top 20 guitar solos of all time.
    edited April 2008
    Now I'll have one left to relish after using one to rid my mouth of the taste of dinner. Sweet! :]

If you go to Wikipedia and look below the album picture at the list of ratings, Pitchfork is the only one below the equivalent of 4/5 stars. Ha.
    Maybe not good in everyone's eyes, but hey, nothing can be loved by everyone.
  • Alright_ComputerAlright_Computer Butt Neck
    edited April 2008
    Pitchfork is a bunch of pompous asses who only give indie rock and electronica and favorable reviews. Now don't get me wrong, I really love indie rock (especially Bloc Party), but if that's all you like then there's something wrong with you. I like this part of the KoC review:

[quote]The song opens with stampeding stallions and laser blips before moving into a galloping 6/8 drumbeat slathered in mariachi trumpets."

One, all of KoC is in 4/4 (though you could argue 12/8 for the triplet part, I guess), and two, it's not slathered in trumpets, there's only one part of it that's got trumpets in it. And how is the end "a nauseating barrel-rolling guitar solo, possibly ripped from the soundtrack to a bad teen movie involving a stolen jet fighter." That makes no sense. That end solo rocks. It's not nauseating. I'm not even going to waste my time proving this jackass wrong. Really.
  • vicious136vicious136 Rising Star
    edited April 2008
    Alright_Computer;545147 said:
    Pitchfork is a bunch of pompous asses who only give indie rock, electronica, and favorable reviews. Now don't get me wrong, I really love indie rock (especially Bloc Party), but if that's all you like then there's something wrong with you. I like this part of the KoC review:

[quote]The song opens with stampeding stallions and laser blips before moving into a galloping 6/8 drumbeat slathered in mariachi trumpets."

One, all of KoC is in 4/4 (though you could argue 12/8 for the triplet part, I guess), and two, it's not slathered in trumpets, there's only one part of it that's got trumpets in it. And how is the end "a nauseating barrel-rolling guitar solo, possibly ripped from the soundtrack to a bad teen movie involving a stolen jet fighter." That makes no sense. That end solo rocks. It's not nauseating. I'm not even going to waste my time proving this jackass wrong. Really.
    I agree whole-heartedly. I've read a few of their reviews before and they are pompous music elitists at their worst. They've got their indie heads so far up their bums that they don't know what real music sounds like, it's all intestinal echoes to them. The guy that reviewed BH&R is of that sad, sad group of people that can't get past the fact that Matt's voice is similar to Thom Yorke's.

I guess the fact that the album went Double Platinum, won countless awards, and got 9/10 from Rolling Stone must have slipped his mind.
  • supersonic1414supersonic1414 Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    I give very few reviews much respect...That album was groundbreaking and Bellamy is a genius...So excited to see what direction he goes next
    edited April 2008
    vicious136;545397 said:
    [QUOTE=Alright_Computer;545147]Pitchfork is a bunch of pompous asses who only give indie rock, electronica, and favorable reviews. Now don't get me wrong, I really love indie rock (especially Bloc Party), but if that's all you like then there's something wrong with you. I like this part of the KoC review:

I agree whole-heartedly. I've read a few of their reviews before and they are pompous music elitists at their worst. They've got their indie heads so far up their bums that they don't know what real music sounds like, it's all intestinal echoes to them. The guy that reviewed BH&R is of that sad, sad group of people that can't get past the fact that Matt's voice is similar to Thom Yorke's.

I guess the fact that the album went Double Platinum, won countless awards, and got 9/10 from Rolling Stone must have slipped his mind.
    Chances are he would have rated it LOWER if it had won the Mercury award that the Arctic Monkeys edged Muse out for.
  • jobnjobn Unsigned
    edited April 2008
    Learning from what i read today ill never trust another music review from that website. It just puts down everything and try's to look for every little thing that they think is wrong.
  • zemogzemog Unsigned
    edited April 2008
    Muse would be awesome. Probably the only one of my favorite bands that will ever actually make it onto Rock Band.

Soon please?
    edited April 2008
    zemog;545847 said:
    Muse would be awesome. Probably the only one of my favorite bands that will ever actually make it onto Rock Band.

Soon please?
    May 23rd. I am counting down. Who else is?
  • vicious136vicious136 Rising Star
    edited April 2008
    TakeABow;545904 said:
    Oh you know it.
    edited April 2008
    *Raises hand* It will be a glorious day. 31 days, no?
    I'll have to throw some kind of party.
    edited April 2008
    jobn;545764 said:
    Learning from what i read today ill never trust another music review from that website. It just puts down everything and try's to look for every little thing that they think is wrong.
    They are critics, and tend to nit-pick anything they can. I expect to see that on almost any album. Especially on anything from a big name that could possibly be hyped up.
  • jobnjobn Unsigned
    edited April 2008
    TakeABow;545904 said:
    Count me in!
    Not only that be we get another oasis track.
    But that day will be remembered as the day Muse took over Rock Band.
  • Cactuar HeroCactuar Hero Unsigned
    edited April 2008
    I would definitely like to do some Muse songs. They are a great band. I love Map Of The Problematique, but it probably wouldn't pose much of a challenge. But, yeah, a Muse track pack would be awesome!
  • LesPaul5391LesPaul5391 Opening Act
    edited April 2008
    I have an instrumental version of Absolution that I've been listening to. They're even more talented musicians than I thought. I really hope we see more than Hysteria... not that that won't be amazing, but...
  • SveppiSveppi Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    LesPaul5391;546111 said:
    I have an instrumental version of Absolution that I've been listening to. They're even more talented musicians than I thought. I really hope we see more than Hysteria... not that that won't be amazing, but...
    I have that to, it's pretty amazing to listen to:)

P.S. Only three pages guys? tsk tsk tsk......nahh, I'm kidding, well done. We'll probably hit a 100 pages today :)
  • kaybeekaybee Opening Act
    edited April 2008
    Just to all the Muse fans who may not know...

Muse has a load of quality very early material and B-Sides... most of which can be pulled on youtube.
    check out:
    Crying Shame
    Coma
    Twin (at one time called Balloonatic... both versions have their offerings)
    Can't Take My Eyes Off You
    In The Groove
    Easily
    Eternally Missed
  • jobnjobn Unsigned
    edited April 2008
    Sveppi;546135 said:

P.S. Only three pages guys? tsk tsk tsk......nahh, I'm kidding, well done. We'll probably hit a 100 pages today :)

You can count on that!!!
  • SveppiSveppi Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    kaybee;546149 said:
    Just to all the Muse fans who may not know...

Muse has a load of quality very early material and B-Sides... most of which can be pulled on youtube.
    check out:
    Crying Shame
    Coma
    Twin (at one time called Balloonatic... both versions have their offerings)
    Can't Take My Eyes Off You
    In The Groove
    Easily
    Eternally Missed
    Their B-sides are really good (Can't take my eyes off you is a cover though), you might want to add Futurism, Fury, Spiral Static & Glorious to that list. Then ofcourse there's Hullabaloo and Random 1-8 (some of the tracks are listed).
    But I don't think the chances of getting b-sides are as good as getting their A-sides, but with HMX you never know :)
  • jdre_124jdre_124 Opening Act
    edited April 2008
    I suspect we will hit over 1000 replies and over 100 pages!! WOOT WOOT!!
  • DrenksDrenks Unsigned
    edited April 2008
    I would also love to see Knights of Cydonia or Time is Running Out on Rock Band. But Assassin, Map of the Problematic, or Exo-Politics would also all be great. I am just expecting something by Muse soon on RB DLC, I couldn't imagine a reason it isn't there already other than some license issue.
  • BonezBonez Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    So we're doing new packs again, eh?

3-pack
    Stockholm Syndrome
    Dead Star
    New Born

6-pack
    Stockholm Syndrome
    Dead Star
    New Born
    Plug-in Baby
    Invincible
    Assassin

Album: BH&R...out of the four albums this one has the least piano, so it would work very well.

Does anyone else absolutely LOVE their cover of House of the Rising Sun? It's simply fantastic!
    edited April 2008
    Sveppi;546339 said:
    Their B-sides are really good (Can't take my eyes off you is a cover though), you might want to add Futurism, Fury, Spiral Static & Glorious to that list. Then ofcourse there's Hullabaloo and Random 1-8 (some of the tracks are listed).
    But I don't think the chances of getting b-sides are as good as getting their A-sides, but with HMX you never know :)
    Beat me to it. Glorious especially really shouldn't have been a bonus track.
    LesPaul5391;546111 said:
    I have that too! I don't remember where it came from, but it is pretty sweet.
    Drenks;546482 said:
    I would also love to see Knights of Cydonia or Time is Running Out on Rock Band. But Assassin, Map of the Problematic, or Exo-Politics would also all be great. I am just expecting something by Muse soon on RB DLC, I couldn't imagine a reason it isn't there already other than some license issue.
    Welcome to the Forums! I'm glad to see you are starting off supporting Muse. Make sure you request your favorites with the "Request Song" link at the bottom of the page.