Drivin "N" Cryin's Kevn Kinney sings Detroit Rock City

supersonic1414supersonic1414 Road Warrior
edited May 2010 in The Rock Band Network
I posted about a month ago that DNC has 3 tracks coming to Rockband, and now I can pretty much confirm it will be RBN. 3 Songs from their latest album, The Great American Bubble Factory are almost ready for testing, apparently. One of our lovely HMX staff locked my thread as I did not have a link to the email I was sent with the info.

So Take That :)

http://drivinncryinmovie.blogspot.com/

Scroll down a bit and you can find the video of Kevn getting a whopping 51% on expert vocals, after which he says he needs to fire himself. Good stuff

Comments

• General Lein979General Lein979 Headliner
    edited May 2010
    Nice set of teeth on that guy.
  • supersonic1414supersonic1414 Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    General Lein979;3700012 said:
    Nice set of teeth on that guy.
    Yep, that has been discussed many a time. He has always been afraid to get braces, as he thought it would effect his voice. and now that he is over 50 and a grandfather, why bother...Not a pretty man, but one of the most underrated songwriters of the last 25 years
  • skyttskyttskyttskytt Headliner
    edited May 2010
    He probably needed to mess with the sensitivity or something. He kept pulling the mic away as he was singing the ends of the phrases, where the pitches would go up. A mic you'd use at an actual performance would have no problem catching his voice, but the RB mic with default sensitivity settings might not have been able to.
  • MickstafaMickstafa Unsigned
    edited May 2010
    Supersonic, you beat me to it!

This is, in fact, my basement and I am the author for these three tracks (Detroit City, Let Me Down, and I See Georgia). We had the band visit to test drive the songs last Monday and this is some of the footage from the session. Footage from them playing their own songs on RBN will be in their upcoming filmed documentary.

Detroit City should be available very soon with the other two following shortly -- all three are currently in the RBN pipeline in various states. They are a blast to play!
  • cherokeesamcherokeesam Washed Up
    edited May 2010
    Ahsum! :)

Snatchin' up all of these as soon as they hit the store....totally psyched to see Drivin N Cryin make it in.

Mick, if you can talk Kevin into releasing "Honeysuckle Blue" and/or anything off Fly Me Courageous, I will be forever in your debt.....plz plz plz ;)
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited May 2010
    This has always been a band I have had high respects for. I was first turned onto the band in the late 80's when someone let me borrow the album Scarred but Smart. The song "Another Scarlet Butterfly" was a top notch song.

While I like a lot of their earlier work better than "Bubble Factory Album" I am still excited to get this music into the game.
  • Flan26Flan26 Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    cherokeesam;3700480 said:
    Ahsum! :)

Snatchin' up all of these as soon as they hit the store....totally psyched to see Drivin N Cryin make it in.

Mick, if you can talk Kevin into releasing "Honeysuckle Blue" and/or anything off Fly Me Courageous, I will be forever in your debt.....plz plz plz ;)
    Seconded for everything posted above. More Drivin' N Cryin'. Glad to see they're making it into Rock Band. Just make sure these come to PS3!

Also, OP - you might want to edit the title of this post. It's "Detroit City" by Dn'C, not "Detroit Rock City", which is a KISS song.
    edited May 2010
    For DNC fans, you may be interested in a song on their same label (Vintage Earth Music) that has just gone live: Connor Christian & Southern Gothic's "Sunday Suit." It's a bit more country than DNC and a blast to play.
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited May 2010
    Mickstafa;3701852 said:
    For DNC fans, you may be interested in a song on their same label (Vintage Earth Music) that has just gone live: Connor Christian & Southern Gothic's "Sunday Suit." It's a bit more country than DNC and a blast to play.
    Funny you mention that, I just looked it up and it will be a buy from me without a doubt. Found the video on CMT: http://www.cmt.com/videos/connor-christian/470119/sunday-suit.jhtml
    edited May 2010
  • cherokeesamcherokeesam Washed Up
    edited May 2010
    Mickstafa;3704178 said:
    Here's the gameplay video too for Sunday Suit:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VD-cHIZj2tA
    Cool! :)

Yeah, I've seen Sunday Suit on CMT a few times already, dug it....good to see it coming to the platform, too! Sounds very retro/folky...reminds me of Canned Heat or Dr. Hook somehow...