Any New DLC?

mrbungle1975mrbungle1975 Unsigned
edited May 2010 in The Beatles: Rock Band
I know I'm late to the party, but is there any word of any more DLC being added? There are a ton of songs that aren't available!

Comments

• BubbleBobbleBubbleBobble Rising Star
    edited May 2010
  • QwertyMcUiop1963QwertyMcUiop1963 Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    I want to request Hey Jude for a single, and Revolver for an album. This should make several posts in this thread unnecessary.

I'd also like to mention the whole Help! album, which includes Yesterday.
  • fatalfiend37fatalfiend37 Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    I want Anthology 2 please
  • CaptainKickerCaptainKicker Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    Wait for E3 or look at the announcement forum...
  • BeatlesFan88BeatlesFan88 Rising Star
    edited May 2010
    Nope. Sgt. Peppers, Abbey Road, and Rubber Soul are the only ones available. No more DLC for now. :(
  • olddrummerolddrummer Rising Star
    edited May 2010
    people from HMX already said they are too busy to bother with the Beatles game.

So to answer your question. NO
  • QwertyMcUiop1963QwertyMcUiop1963 Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    No one from Harmonix said they're too busy that I know of.
  • HetzHetz Rising Star
    edited May 2010
    Yeah, they have. They have said that between Green Day and Rb3 they don't have the time to make any DLC for The Beatles.....which is beyond stupid. The Beatles DLC is some of their best selling DLC ever....so yeah, lets not bother doing anymore cause we have Green Day coming out!!! :(
  • Gigli78Gigli78 Rising Star
    edited May 2010
    Hahahahhahah. I just had to look.

"Did you know that women prefer Old Spice Men's Bodywash one ba-jillion times more than you asking for new DLC? Did you know I'm riding a horse backwards?... H'Yahh!"
  • cutmaclasscutmaclass Rising Star
    edited May 2010
    Hetz;3704567 said:
    Yeah, they have. They have said that between Green Day and Rb3 they don't have the time to make any DLC for The Beatles.....which is beyond stupid. The Beatles DLC is some of their best selling DLC ever....so yeah, lets not bother doing anymore cause we have Green Day coming out!!! :(
    That's not what they said at all. The guy said they were busy with Green Day and Rock Band 3 AT THE MOMENT. Harmonix has never, ever ruled out the possibility of future Beatles DLC; and by now Green Day is pretty much done, so we'll just have to see where Harmonix puts its resources.
  • HetzHetz Rising Star
    edited May 2010
    cutmaclass;3704710 said:
    That's not what they said at all. The guy said they were busy with Green Day and Rock Band 3 AT THE MOMENT. Harmonix has never, ever ruled out the possibility of future Beatles DLC; and by now Green Day is pretty much done, so we'll just have to see where Harmonix puts its resources.
    Given their past track record and wall of silence....I'd say it's not going to be on the Beatles. That would be too much "work" as they have said. Rather just put out more crap for DLC that is easy to chart and license than bother with something worthwhile that sells amazingly well...but is not so easy to produce, right?
  • RADIO CHRISRADIO CHRIS Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    I just want them to hurry it up already.
  • ArothmanMusicArothmanMusic Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    I suspect we'll never see DLC of the early years... wayyyyy too much work involved in tearing apart and re-assembling those tracks. They probably couldn't make the money back on selling those unless they made them really pricey. If there's new DLC, we'll probably see some of the later more multi-track friendly singles like Hey Jude, Strawberry Fields, Old Brown Shoe, etc. before we see anything from Help! or Hard Day's Night.
  • HotMangoChutneyHotMangoChutney Rising Star
    edited May 2010
    ... which is fine because the later stuff is more interesting. ;)
  • mva5580mva5580 Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    HotMangoChutney;3708150 said:
    ... which is fine because the later stuff is more interesting. ;)
    The later stuff might be more "interesting" but the early stuff fits much better into Rock Band. It's unfortunate that we'll never see most of it.

Anyway....I'm not very optimistic. If they say nothing about it at E3, then I think it's done. And I'm not talking some big, official announcement or anything like that, but during the course of E3 interviews Harmonix would most DEFINITELY say something official about whether or not they will do more. If they avoid it, they're done. At least that's my opinion.

Putting out surveys asking people of what band they'd like to see represented next doesn't make me feel very good either. I understand the whole "Be grateful for what they've given us" argument. That's fine and I get it. They created an amazing game and gave us 3 great albums.

But this is THE greatest band of all time, no debates. They're never going to get the opportunity to do this again; them or any other music game making company. So in my opinion, yes. They owe it to everyone involved - fans, themselves, and The Beatles to go all-out when it comes to this game. There are more songs on the Green Day: Rock Band disc than TB:RB disc. WTF is that? I'm not asking for EVERYTHING; but I'm sure as hell asking for all the songs that anyone would expect to be in a game that represents their career. If there ends up being more Green Day songs available than Beatles songs....I really don't even know what to say in that situation.

If there's not going to be anymore, tell us. If there is going to be more and they're just finishing other projects, then tell us that. But don't freaking jerk us around for MONTHS now and try to make it sound like it's a decision that hasn't been made yet. Because if that's truly the case, then this company isn't run very well.

And that's the last thing I'm going to say about it. It sucks and honestly it angers me how quiet they've been on the entire thing. And yes, I'm well aware that no one here, or HMX themselves really gives a crap about whether I'm angry or not.
  • cutmaclasscutmaclass Rising Star
    edited May 2010
    Hetz;3704826 said:
    Given their past track record and wall of silence....=
    You mean their track record of telling people when there will be no more DLC?

They told us when they stopped RBU DLC. Even though they have been mum about Beatles for almost six months, they have yet to say that they are discontinuing DLC. I mean, it's obvious that they want to do it, it's just a matter of waiting.
  • HotMangoChutneyHotMangoChutney Rising Star
    edited May 2010
    mva5580;3708188 said:
    The later stuff might be more "interesting" but the early stuff fits much better into Rock Band. It's unfortunate that we'll never see most of it.
    OK, yeah, with the early stuff you know you're always playing a guitar or bass part on guitar/bass instead of a keyboard or trumpet solo, or strings. :o Nevertheless, there are plenty of post-Rubber Soul songs that would be just as appropriate on regular RB... songs like "Rain," "She Said She Said," "It's All Too Much," "Yer Blues," "Everybody's Got Something to Hide Except Me and My Monkey," "Savoy Truffle," "One After 909," "Old Brown Shoe," etc. I find it hard to believe they'd completely abandon the game at this point, and equally hard to believe they wouldn't be willing to transfer some of their profits from regular RB toward this game.
  • dopplegagerdopplegager Unsigned
    edited May 2010
    @anthromanmusic

It is not anymore work then any other track. Giles Martin already did the seperation and the Beatles RB tracks are taken from the remasters.
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited May 2010
    cutmaclass;3708658 said:
    You mean their track record of telling people when there will be no more DLC?

They told us when they stopped RBU DLC. Even though they have been mum about Beatles for almost six months, they have yet to say that they are discontinuing DLC. I mean, it's obvious that they want to do it, it's just a matter of waiting.
    More recently they said that there would be no more Green Day: Rock Band DLC and that game isn't even out yet.
    mva5580;3708188 said:
    There are more songs on the Green Day: Rock Band disc than TB:RB disc. WTF is that? I'm not asking for EVERYTHING; but I'm sure as hell asking for all the songs that anyone would expect to be in a game that represents their career. If there ends up being more Green Day songs available than Beatles songs....I really don't even know what to say in that situation.
    Green Day has TWO more songs on disc. It also has six DLC tracks while The Beatles has about 30 or so (that's 53 songs for Green Day, ~75 songs for The Beatles).
  • UmbrellaIncUmbrellaInc Unsigned
    edited May 2010
    My thoughts are that this interview is both good and bad for us:

BAD because as of April 25th (or whenever this interview was) no work has been done. So there is no impending announcement, and we will not be suprised at E3 with new albums this summer. It will be a long time before we see any new DLC, if it is in fact released.

Still GOOD because Harmonix has not been shy about saying when DLC is cut off. Like someone already mentioned, they announced Green Day will not have DLC, and the game isn't even out yet. This fact (along with the interviewee's hopeful tone) leads me to think they really do want to do more DLC for TB:RB. We know the albums sold thus far are profitable, and Harmonix knows that even if more albums don't come out until next fall, they will still sell well. We Beatles fans will buy the DLC whenever it comes out, they know this, so they are comfortable pushing the DLC timetables back. They could release new albums in 2012, and I would still buy them on day 1. I (like many here) bought this game for the long haul, and will only stop playing it when I can play beatles songs on something else.