Ozone Entertainment RBN Releases

Comments

• broncosfan06broncosfan06 Debbie Downer
    edited July 2010
    TheOzone;3882958 said:
    Want to see just how awesome "Done" is going to be when it goes on sale in the next couple days? RBNPreview has you covered with a full gameplay video in HD!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BWyPx7jeJ8
    that, my friend, is one awesome song, the main riff sounds oddly familiar but i have no idea why, the charts for every instrument look really fun, will be getting this one

EDIT: this is why
    k-mac;3883034 said:
    Awesome song! I'll pick it up as soon as it hits. It has a very Led Zeppelin feel to it. Looks great for all instruments.
    the main riff on guitar sounds a little like Whole Lotta Love......a little.....kinda.....maybe

either way....very awesome song
  • General Lein979General Lein979 Headliner
    edited July 2010
    broncosfan06;3883042 said:
    that, my friend, is one awesome song, the main riff sounds oddly familiar but i have no idea why, the charts for every instrument look really fun, will be getting this one

EDIT: this is why

the main riff on guitar sounds a little like Whole Lotta Love......a little.....kinda.....maybe

either way....very awesome song
    Agreed, in the same way another song out has a main riff that sounds like crosstown traffic.

Edit: Wrong side of the tracks
  • edited July 2010
    General Lein979;3883151 said:
    Agreed, in the same way another song out has a main rift that sounds like crosstown traffic.
    You mean riff
  • General Lein979General Lein979 Headliner
    edited July 2010
    ROCKBANDFANATIC7526;3883182 said:
    You mean riff
    Yes I do. My brain wants to throw a t instead of another f at the end of the word for some odd reason.
  • TheOzoneTheOzone Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    Impatient to play "Done" when it goes in the store Monday? You can get it off Xbox.com NOW!

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/80000441-0000-4000-8000-000045410869?cid=RockBandCom&partner=RockBandCom

Only $0.99 / 80 MS Points
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    ^ Awesome guitar solo included :D
  • BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited July 2010
    TheOzone;3885135 said:
    Impatient to play "Done" when it goes in the store Monday? You can get it off Xbox.com NOW!

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/80000441-0000-4000-8000-000045410869?cid=RockBandCom&partner=RockBandCom

Only $0.99 / 80 MS Points
    Second. I thought I had heard of the band before, but after watching the charts, this song is a steal for $1. I'll be picking it up with my paltry few MS points left.
    edited July 2010
    Glad you guys like the song as much as I do. It really is a blast to play, and I'm not just saying that because I authored it. :)
    edited July 2010
    Want to see a preview of "Beautiful Girl" by Grammy-nominated artist Sophie B. Hawkins? Sure you do, especially the drummers!

Check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EERv93ZjkRc
    edited August 2010
    UPDATE

The first post got a little face-lift to make it a little more cleaner. Also, "Beautiful Girl" by Sophie B. Hawkins is now in Peer Review!
    edited August 2010
    Bright Midnight joins the Ozone Entertainment catalog with "Hand Me Down", which is playtesting!

Want to hear it? Check it out on their SoundClick: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=962496
  • weirdphilweirdphil Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    Another win for Ozone :)
  • The-Dude1212The-Dude1212 Rising Star
    edited August 2010
    Hey Ozone, couldn't hurt to shoot Crush40 another e-mail.

http://www.gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=132697

Apparently they still have interest in RBN when asked at the Summer of Sonic event. Maybe by now legal issues have cleared up?
    edited August 2010
    TubaDude49;3921110 said:
    Trust me, he knows. That's all I'm going to say.

EDIT: By the way, that quote was months ago
    Eh, I don't think Ozone mentioned if he emailed the guys beyond the once he didn't get a response back from.

And it only just popped up on GoNintendo, besides Summer of Sonic '10 only ended a few hours back, wasn't even months ago.
  • KariodudeKariodude Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    That quote may have just popped up on GoNintendo, but the exact same quote popped up a few months back. It was posted in this thread and already discussed.
    edited August 2010
    I'm sure if anything would be going on with Crush 40, Ozone would already have been on it before we knew anything.

LOL, I went to that GoNintendo link and ZoneAlarm freaks out about a possibly malicious website. "Leave now unless you know it's safe." it says.
    edited August 2010
    I am not attaching myself to Crush 40 and Sega of America. I will leave it up to people who use social media to learn why.

Do not discuss this any further in this thread.
    edited August 2010
    edited August 2010
    Now that extremely horrible experience is behind me, I've got some awesome news.

Ron Wasserman is finishing up work this week on the first season of HOT IN CLEVELAND, the TV Land show he is currently composing the score for. What does that mean? That means he's coming back for third (technically fourth...) song for the Rock Band Network!

But here's the fun part. Remember when you guys asked if you could give suggestions about elements for one of Ron's RBN songs? After discussing it with him, we're allowing it on this track!

That's right. YOU tell us what you want in the next Ron Wasserman song. Want it reminescent of "Rock the Dragon"? Tell us! Want a sick drum solo? Tell us! Want "Go Go Power Rangers"? Go ask Harmonix, we went over this already!

So go ahead and leave suggestions throughout the week and I'll pass them on to Ron. You could help us make something truly epic.

(NOTE: We cannot guarentee that we'll use everything that's submitted. By submitting your ideas, you're acknowledging that we will not compensate you for use of any of them or be able to list you in the song credits.)
  • sonicnerd23sonicnerd23 Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    TheOzone;3924600 said:
    Now that extremely horrible experience is behind me, I've got some awesome news.

Ron Wasserman is finishing up work this week on the first season of HOT IN CLEVELAND, the TV Land show he is currently composing the score for. What does that mean? That means he's coming back for third (technically fourth...) song for the Rock Band Network!

But here's the fun part. Remember when you guys asked if you could give suggestions about elements for one of Ron's RBN songs? After discussing it with him, we're allowing it on this track!

That's right. YOU tell us what you want in the next Ron Wasserman song. Want it reminescent of "Rock the Dragon"? Tell us! Want a sick drum solo? Tell us! Want "Go Go Power Rangers"? Go ask Harmonix, we went over this already!

So go ahead and leave suggestions throughout the week and I'll pass them on to Ron. You could help us make something truly epic.

(NOTE: We cannot guarentee that we'll use everything that's submitted. By submitting your ideas, you're acknowledging that we will not compensate you for use of any of them or be able to list you in the song credits.)
    Two solos with tons of HO/PO's. Totally.
    edited August 2010
    sonicnerd23;3924616 said:
    Two solos with tons of HO/PO's. Totally.
    That sounds pretty cool! I don't think he's done two solos since "We Need a Hero".
    edited August 2010
    Somewhat reminiscent of Revengers, in the sense of that optimistic (for lack of a better word) atmosphere to it.

Like, a lighter tone than American Hero.
    edited August 2010
    Can he use the word "No" a lot? Cuz it sounds like "Go". Do sounds-like words still work with the rules to make a hit song?
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited August 2010
    TheOzone;3924600 said:

The one big element of the Power Rangers theme that I don't think is present in any of his RBN stuff so far is the... how to describe this... the held vocal notes in the chorus. You know? It's like, each time he sings the word "rangers," he drags it out a bit longer. Helps to make the chorus feel epic, especially when the guitar is doing all this meedly stuff under the held notes.
    edited August 2010
    LuigiHann;3924833 said:
    The one big element of the Power Rangers theme that I don't think is present in any of his RBN stuff so far is the... how to describe this... the held vocal notes in the chorus. You know? It's like, each time he sings the word "rangers," he drags it out a bit longer. Helps to make the chorus feel epic, especially when the guitar is doing all this meedly stuff under the held notes.
    That is actually a fantastic observation. The "Hero" in "American Hero" is held, but I can see what you mean with the guitars backing it.

Thank you for the suggestion!
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    It feels wierd telling him what to write. I tend to like having artists express themselves, go their own way.

On a completley different note, since Ron worked on Spongebob, I know he only writes the score, but do you think he'd have the contacts to get this?
    edited August 2010
    TubaDude49;3926193 said:
    It feels wierd telling him what to write. I tend to like having artists express themselves, go their own way.

On a completley different note, since Ron worked on Spongebob, I know he only writes the score, but do you think he'd have the contacts to get this?
    Sorry, but I have to flat-out say no. Harmonix is owned by Viacom. If the song is to appear in the game, they will release it.

And don't worry about giving suggestions. Ron thought it was a great idea when I presented him with the idea. As a composer, a key part of his job is being given some sort of direction to go in. And it's not like we'll be bound to whatever you guys say, we'll just incorporate what we think works.

In the end, Ron and I have the final say on the song, and he'll make a rocking track the only way he can. ;)
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    TheOzone;3926341 said:
    Sorry, but I have to flat-out say no. Harmonix is owned by Viacom. If the song is to appear in the game, they will release it.

And don't worry about giving suggestions. Ron thought it was a great idea when I presented him with the idea. As a composer, a key part of his job is being given some sort of direction to go in. And it's not like we'll be bound to whatever you guys say, we'll just incorporate what we think works.

In the end, Ron and I have the final say on the song, and he'll make a rocking track the only way he can. ;)
    Awww...:o

Well I'll try to brainstorm something:rolleyes:
    edited August 2010
    Hi everyone,

Over the past couple days there's been a whirl of controversy that surrounded Ozone Entertainment. It stems from an article in which I was quoted giving out details regarding contacting an artist for involvement in the Rock Band Network. I would prefer not to link to it here, but I would like to address this here.

Ozone Entertainment has never used conventional methods in our operations. As you may know, I am very open regarding what I do to the public. This is because I believe this builds trust between the consumers and the company, and eliminates any fears of shady practices and deceit.

Unfortunately, a year-long frustration on my part directed my answers to the questions posed in the article. Looking back, I may have crossed some lines and I apolgize to Martin and Jun personally. I did not intend to offend you personally by any comments made.

However, I do not take back the main focus of the article. The situation was handled poorly with a lack of communication and I knew this partnership would not work out six months ago. I never signed a non-disclosure agreement when entering talks, so I believe there is nothing wrong with sharing any details now that the deal is officially closed.

I have also received comments personally attacking me. To those people, that is your opinion and I respect your right to say it. Just know that even if I am a horrible as you make me out to be, I will continue to attempt to entertain you and provide people with quality products and services to the best of my ability. If I fail, as I have done here and likely will again many more times, I will simply get up and try again.

Thank you very much for your time, and I hope you guys continue to enjoy at least some of the things Ozone Entertainment produces.

- Owen Douglass
    Owner, Ozone Entertainment
    edited August 2010
    No press is bad press. This is a turning point. People know you now. :)