Ozone Entertainment RBN Releases

Comments

• moomandwwmoomandww Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    Kariodude;3767123 said:
    I would have held off on saying it's the first RBN song to have Keyboard support. We don't even know if RBN authors will get to chart Keyboard yet.
    Also, we kinda announced about a month ago that we were going to wait to do The Duel by Rusty Cooley due to the keyboard, so tecnecly your not the first.
  • weirdphilweirdphil Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    moomandww;3767710 said:
    Also, we kinda announced about a month ago that we were going to wait to do The Duel by Rusty Cooley due to the keyboard, so tecnecly your not the first.
    But the general consensus is that RBN should most likely be getting keyboards? Regardless of who get's the first song, that's still awesome news. Hopefully HMX will confirm it in a press release?
  • KariodudeKariodude Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    One of the mods over on the Creator's website even said "If you have a song with keyboards in it, don't wait to author them."
  • XenigmaXenigma Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    Kariodude;3768418 said:
    One of the mods over on the Creator's website even said "If you have a song with keyboards in it, don't wait to author them."
    As I recall, said mod wasn't HMX, and when you're dealing with a song this famous, I think waiting for probable keyboard charting is very acceptable. ;)
  • KariodudeKariodude Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    I just went and checked. The person who said it was indeed a Harmonix developer.
  • XenigmaXenigma Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    Eh, it's not a straight denial, though, and again, I think with a song like this, it's better to wait and see. Can't imagine Ozone didn't tell the rights holder(s) that Blue would likely not be released till early 2011 in order to use RB3 keyboard.
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited June 2010
    Hmm yeah personally though I'd be just as happy to play it as-is if it meant not having to wait 5 or 6 months...
  • DekarTheDragoonDekarTheDragoon Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    I'd be more than happy to buy it now and then again once Keyboards are possible in RBN :p
  • c-murphc-murph Rising Star
    edited June 2010
    TheOzone;3765308 said:First post updated. Nothing important added.

Epic. Sold.
  • TheOzoneTheOzone Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    People who are asking for it now without keyboard actually properly charted, this is similar to seeing an E3 trailer or playing a booth demo and asking them to release the game now. It's simply not finished yet. And as they announce dates far off, I have to do the same here.

But trust me, your patience will be rewarded with a fully polished track that will take advantage of RBN 2.0 and all the great features Rock Band 3 has to offer. :)
    edited June 2010
    Take your time, it will be very awesome when it's completely polished and I'm looking forward to it, not expecting to see it on the store until after December, that's just me though. :)
  • The-Dude1212The-Dude1212 Rising Star
    edited June 2010
    Welp, guess I have to get a 360 now.

Hoo boy, the cash I'm gonna have to shell out on this one...
  • GoatbusterGoatbuster Rising Star
    edited June 2010
    The-Dude1212;3787638 said:

Yeah, but it'll be worth it simply because Rock Band 2 has so many more options on 360.
    edited June 2010
    The-Dude1212;3787638 said:

As long as you're grabbing a 360, look for a stage kit. Thank me later. ;)
  • General Lein979General Lein979 Headliner
    edited June 2010
    weirdphil;3787824 said:
    But it looks like it's losing support in rb3 do to the fact that it is a controller and in order to have a full band you drop the vocals controller.
  • broncosfan06broncosfan06 Debbie Downer
    edited June 2010
    man i havent heard Blue in like 10 years......that song was everywhere when i was in middle school/high school.......wow im old lol
  • kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited June 2010
    General Lein979;3787837 said:
    But it looks like it's losing support in rb3 do to the fact that it is a controller and in order to have a full band you drop the vocals controller.
    RockBandAide confirmed in a recent developer interview that RB3 will have Stage Kit support.

And to keep on topic, I'm excited to playtest me some Blue sometime this week :)
  • General Lein979General Lein979 Headliner
    edited June 2010
    kiggidykev;3788024 said:
    RockBandAide confirmed in a recent developer interview that RB3 will have Stage Kit support.
    I wonder how they plan on having 5 controllers hooked up to the 4 controller spot xbox if you want to play full band.
    edited June 2010
    General Lein979;3788045 said:
    I wonder how they plan on having 5 controllers hooked up to the 4 controller spot xbox if you want to play full band.
    When you have a full band's worth of instruments plugged in, any active microphones will be put into karaoke mode, so you don't need a vocalist controller. So you wouldn't be able to use the stage kit in that mode, since all 4 of the controller slots are used up by instruments, yeah. I assume you'd be able to use the stage kit in any other situation

Edit: @Ozone, regarding Blue again, if the piano part is charted to keyboard, will there be a guitar part at all? If nothing else, you could chart the pewpewpeeew laser sound that transitions from the verse to the chorus as the guitar part... :D
    edited June 2010
    Good question, LuigiHann. This past week while recovering from surgery, I was reading people trying to critique the placeholding guitar that's up on Creator's. So later this week I will have a new version up over there with the proper guitar.

What the guitar will cover is backing synths, which I have seperate stems for. Also, the "solo" sections that are in place now (and is shown in the video) will be guitar. During that part, the piano stem is still playing its looping pattern, so keys will remain playing that when it is authored.

Overall, the song will be quite simple to play. But as most of my releases are (with the exception of The Giraffes), I prefer working on songs that are just overall fun to play along to and great for parties. And hopefully Blue will be just that.

Oh, and while i'm here, I'll share some links from around the Web:

Eiffel 65 Official Announcement: http://www.eiffel65.com/index.php/eiffel65/comments/eiffel_65_makes_music_game_debut_in_rock_band_network/

Article about the release of "American Hero": http://awwman.com/nps/main/2010/06/ron-wasserman-releases-new-song-for-rock-band-video-game/
    edited June 2010
    Sounds good to me. For some reason I didn't notice that light synth over the chorus and stuff, but that makes sense now that I hear it. Hopefully you'll consider including the laser-ish bit as part of that, since I think people would get a kick out of it in a party setting.

ALSO I just looked at that eiffel65 website link, and I hadn't realized that "Move Your Body" was the same band. Both of those songs were on a mix CD that was a huge part of my, uh, teenagerhood, so it would be awesome if you could try to get that song too. Another simple song, but also quite catchy and hypnotic.
    edited June 2010
    weirdphil;3787824 said:
    I'm very tempted, but after reading this particular review of it, I'm tempted to just to buy some seperate fog machine (I already got a colourful disco light) and whoever isn't playing at the time gets control of said fog machine, lol.

Unless they manage to drastically improve the software behind it so the timing is better and the lights are stronger...and the smoke not being as dangerous to two very fat and fluffy pet bunnies who reside in my basement :p
    edited June 2010
    I own a stage kit and personally love it. And as an author and now knowing how the programming works for it in the tracks, I appreciate it even more. It really just makes playing more fun for some reason. Adds an extra something to the environment.

Oh, I just want to let people know that not one, but TWO Ozone Entertainment songs are in the Harmonix Picks:

"Five More Minutes" by Counterfeit Pennies
    "American Hero" by Ron Wasserman

This makes it much easier to navigate to and purchase these great tracks. Huge thanks to the guys/girls at Harmonix who nominated the songs. You guys rock! Now if Ozone Entertainment gets a Message of the Day eventually too, my head may asplode.
    edited June 2010
    TheOzone;3791494 said:
    I own a stage kit and personally love it. And as an author and now knowing how the programming works for it in the tracks, I appreciate it even more. It really just makes playing more fun for some reason. Adds an extra something to the environment.

Oh, I just want to let people know that not one, but TWO Ozone Entertainment songs are in the Harmonix Picks:

"Five More Minutes" by Counterfeit Pennies
    "American Hero" by Ron Wasserman

This makes it much easier to navigate to and purchase these great tracks. Huge thanks to the guys/girls at Harmonix who nominated the songs. You guys rock! Now if Ozone Entertainment gets a Message of the Day eventually too, my head may asplode.
    Great news there. Those tracks are awesome. :D

Personally, I don't use the fog because my room is tiny enough and I've got no ventilation. That and the fact the fog doesn't work with RBN tracks, but the lights are great even without the fog.
    edited June 2010
    Ooh ooh, Ozone, you know who you should go after next with this recent string of awesome 90's songs?

Haddaway.

I am not kidding. I would mortally wound somebody to play What Is Love on keyboard.

That, and the songs that are aligning on regular DLC and RBN (including the Power Rangers theme song) are almost matching up to my Get Psyched Mix I have on my iPod (which was partially inspired by Barney Stinson, lol).
    edited June 2010
    Get him interested, and I'll gladly do it. I can't be doing all this stuff myself. ;)

Original post has been updated. "Done" by The Giraffes is now in Peer Review. It has an amazing solo, and I recommend people listen to the song to see what I mean.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited June 2010
    OZone, since you seem most responsive to requests and work pretty hard at getting some more interesting bands...is there any chance that I could convince you to contact punter Chris Kluwe of the Minnesota Vikings? The guy is a huge video game fan (it's almost legend status here in Minny) and also a musician (his band's name is "Tripping Icarus"). For the longest time he'd do events at stores like Best Buy and the like playing Guitar Hero/Rock Band against people...so we know he's a fan of the franchise.

People have already mentioned RBN to him...and I'm not sure how the process works but it'd be awesome if somebody get get in touch with him to see if he'd want to bring songs to the series.
    edited June 2010
    TheOzone;3795814 said:
    Get him interested, and I'll gladly do it. I can't be doing all this stuff myself. ;)
    I'll get right on it, then!

Outside of the standard stuff I should write to him (RBN, what it is, suggesting you as RBN author), is there anything else you can think of that I should add that really entices authors when you contact them?
    edited June 2010
    T-Hybrid;3795982 said:
    OZone, since you seem most responsive to requests and work pretty hard at getting some more interesting bands...is there any chance that I could convince you to contact punter Chris Kluwe of the Minnesota Vikings? The guy is a huge video game fan (it's almost legend status here in Minny) and also a musician (his band's name is "Tripping Icarus"). For the longest time he'd do events at stores like Best Buy and the like playing Guitar Hero/Rock Band against people...so we know he's a fan of the franchise.

People have already mentioned RBN to him...and I'm not sure how the process works but it'd be awesome if somebody get get in touch with him to see if he'd want to bring songs to the series.
    Get some contact info, send him a nice email about the RBN, and if he'd like to hear more about it I'll gladly step in and walk him through everything.
    The-Dude1212;3796881 said:
    I'll get right on it, then!

Outside of the standard stuff I should write to him (RBN, what it is, suggesting you as RBN author), is there anything else you can think of that I should add that really entices authors when you contact them?
    I'm not all that fancy. I pretty much tell them what it is, give them links for reference (such as the Creators site), and then see if they'd like to talk deeper about it. As long as you give him an honest look at what RBN is, if he shows any interest I'll get into the gritty details. You can direct him to my email address [email]admin@theozoneradio.com[/email].
    edited June 2010
    TheOzone;3797731 said:
    I'm not all that fancy. I pretty much tell them what it is, give them links for reference (such as the Creators site), and then see if they'd like to talk deeper about it. As long as you give him an honest look at what RBN is, if he shows any interest I'll get into the gritty details. You can direct him to my email address [email]admin@theozoneradio.com[/email].
    So, this is what I got:
    Dear Mr. Beigott (label manager),

I am writing to you here about the Rock Band Network, and if you and Haddaway would be interested in getting his music into the Rock Band video game.

Rock Band Network is an initiative by developer Harmonix to allow artists ranging from the obscure to the superstars and everywhere inbetween to let their music be authored and played in the Rock Band video game. A lot more indepth information can be found at the official press release and at the Rock Band Network creators club.

There are also several professional authoring companies that have experience with the software involved that I can recommend.

I hope this interests you, and hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,
    Dave (last name)
    Sounds good, right guys?