Ozone Entertainment RBN Releases

Comments

• The-Dude1212The-Dude1212 Rising Star
    edited June 2010
    TheOzone;3797731 said:
    I'm not all that fancy. I pretty much tell them what it is, give them links for reference (such as the Creators site), and then see if they'd like to talk deeper about it. As long as you give him an honest look at what RBN is, if he shows any interest I'll get into the gritty details. You can direct him to my email address [email]admin@theozoneradio.com[/email].
    So, this is what I got:
    Dear Mr. Beigott (label manager),

I am writing to you here about the Rock Band Network, and if you and Haddaway would be interested in getting his music into the Rock Band video game.

Rock Band Network is an initiative by developer Harmonix to allow artists ranging from the obscure to the superstars and everywhere inbetween to let their music be authored and played in the Rock Band video game. A lot more indepth information can be found at the official press release and at the Rock Band Network creators club.

There are also several professional authoring companies that have experience with the software involved that I can recommend.

I hope this interests you, and hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,
    Dave (last name)
    Sounds good, right guys?
  • AlexFlameAlexFlame Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    Hey Ozone. Is there any way that you can get Blue (Da Ba Dee) on the PS3 as soon as possible when it releases? Cause I really want that song! Please?
  • TheOzoneTheOzone Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    AlexFlame;3798569 said:
    Hey Ozone. Is there any way that you can get Blue (Da Ba Dee) on the PS3 as soon as possible when it releases? Cause I really want that song! Please?
    It's not up to me. You'll have to talk to Harmonix about it. If I had a say, all Ozone Entertainment releases would already be on the PS3.

Oh, I've updated the original post again. New song hitting playtesting today. So now in the pipeline I have Hard Rock, Dance, and Contemporary. Talk about diversity!
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    Ozone, I took your advice and contacted SEGA about the Crush 40 tracks. I won't go into any detail about it here, as saying anything else concerning it would be private, but if you need to know anymore, PM me.
    edited June 2010
    TubaDude49;3798746 said:
    Ozone, I took your advice and contacted SEGA about the Crush 40 tracks. I won't go into any detail about it here, as saying anything else concerning it would be private, but if you need to know anymore, PM me.
    Shoot me an email at [email]admin@theozoneradio.com[/email] about it.
    edited June 2010
    *le gasp at Crush40 news*

dramatic-prariedog.gif
    dramatic-prariedog.mp3
  • Sento KaibaSento Kaiba Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    So way back before the RBN was public, you mentioned something about signing Maria Kanellis. I noticed the music vid on itunes this week. Any chance of getting any of the songs off the album?
    edited June 2010
    As I mentioned before, that deal fell through. The people handling her music had way too big an ego and started pushing me around, so I cut it off. I don't work with people who disrepect me and my work, no matter who they are. Maria however, was a pleasure to talk with, but everyone else... not so much.

If someone else wants to go after her music, be my guest. But
    I'm not.
    edited June 2010
    Why do I have a feeling they're going to bring up my quote about them getting their heads out of their asses?

Maybe if they made a good Sonic game in the last 10 years, I'd be sorry. :mad:
  • AerithLovesTifaAerithLovesTifa Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    <_<

The Sonic Advance games and Rush games were really good
    edited June 2010
    I'm sort of shocked there's been absolutely zero reaction to me posting a Sophie B. Hawkins song in playtesting today.

I now have two Grammy-nominated artists testing, with one of the songs being a nominated song. :p
  • weirdphilweirdphil Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    TheOzone;3801167 said:
    I'm sort of shocked there's been absolutely zero reaction to me posting a Sophie B. Hawkins song in playtesting today.

I now have two Grammy-nominated artists testing, with one of the songs being a nominated song. :p
    Sounds pretty nice from the preview. Which reminds me I need to get some playtesting done. Brb in several hours... ;)
  • dragon114dragon114 Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    when blue comes out want it to have keyboard so i can have some none rockband 3 songs to play on world tour playing the keyboard.
  • vedisvedis Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    TheOzone;3801167 said:

i havent been on thats why! im not familiar with that song, but i know ive heard it before
  • Lord_of_SushiLord_of_Sushi Unsigned
    edited June 2010
    Looks like there's some pretty nice releases coming up (especially "Done" and "Blue (Da Ba Dee)". Now the only thing I have to do is wait for "Five More Minutes" and the Ron Wasserman songs to be brought over to the PS3.

By the way, would it be OK to contact a band and, if they were interested in RBN, refer them to you?
    edited June 2010
    Lord_of_Sushi;3804888 said:
    Looks like there's some pretty nice releases coming up (especially "Done" and "Blue (Da Ba Dee)". Now the only thing I have to do is wait for "Five More Minutes" and the Ron Wasserman songs to be brought over to the PS3.

By the way, would it be OK to contact a band and, if they were interested in RBN, refer them to you?
    Thanks, I'm very proud of all the great music in our catalog and glad you're excited about them coming to PS3. As soon as HMX approaches us about porting them over (or however the process works, since 0 of our songs are available over in Sonyland), we'll happily sign off on it.

Regarding referring to Ozone Entertainment, we are happy to talk to them if:

A) They kick ass
    B) They'll be fun to play
    C) They're not going to be disrespectful (eg. pompous, greater-than-thou attitude)

When referring, my name is Owen Douglass and my email is [email]admin@theozoneradio.com[/email]. Make sure they include samples of the music they want to submit for consideration.
    edited July 2010
    Well, after much revising, hesitation, neglect, forgetting and remembering, finally sent an e-mail to Haddaway's label manager. Let's hope I hear from him soon. *fingers crossed*
  • RingmasterJ5RingmasterJ5 Unsigned
    edited July 2010
    I'm new to the Rock Band forums, but I might be able to get you someone big. It probably won't happen, but this person has expressed intrest in RB/GH, and probably hasn't heard of RBN. There is probably no WAY that this person would say no if I actually find a WAY to contact this person. I repeat:no W A Y.(hint,hint)
  • General Lein979General Lein979 Headliner
    edited July 2010
    RingmasterJ5;3844446 said:
    I'm new to the Rock Band forums, but I might be able to get you someone big. It probably won't happen, but this person has expressed intrest in RB/GH, and probably hasn't heard of RBN. There is probably no WAY that this person would say no if I actually find a WAY to contact this person. I repeat:no W A Y.(hint,hint)
    Such subtly you have. People have tried and failed.
    edited July 2010
    General Lein979;3848592 said:
    Such subtly you have. People have tried and failed.
    Actually, I don't get it, perhaps I've never heard of the band, or I just can't understand the acronym, but could you say who it is?
  • General Lein979General Lein979 Headliner
    edited July 2010
    TubaDude49;3848602 said:
    Actually, I don't get it, perhaps I've never heard of the band, or I just can't understand the acronym, but could you say who it is?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Way
    edited July 2010
    edited July 2010
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't get the "WAY" hint right away. :p
    edited July 2010
    Yes, I'm trying to find a way to contact Weird Al Yankovic. No luck so far.
  • KariodudeKariodude Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    RingmasterJ5;3844446 said:
    Unless you're a good friend of WAY you probably can't get him. He does know about the RBN because he's already been contacted and nothing has happened yet. It's sorta at that point where either a good friend of his would have to push him in that direction or Harmonix would have to contact him themselves.
  • RedIon1992RedIon1992 Opening Act
    edited July 2010
    The issue with Weird Al would be the fact that his most popular songs (and thus the ones that would sell) are not fully owned by him - they all use the melodies of other tunes, by other songwriters.

That, and the fact he's on a label, complicates it even further.
  • Groudon199Groudon199 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
    edited July 2010
    I remember reading (or hearing) an interview where Weird Al was asked about getting his songs in Rock Band. I think he said he's waiting for Harmonix to contact him.
    edited July 2010
    edited July 2010
    Kariodude;3850262 said:
    Unless you're a good friend of WAY you probably can't get him. He does know about the RBN because he's already been contacted and nothing has happened yet. It's sorta at that point where either a good friend of his would have to push him in that direction or Harmonix would have to contact him themselves.
    Oh. Who has already contacted him(and if possible, how)?

My plan was to send him a DVD of Ozone's other tracks, with their contact info.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited July 2010
    General Lein979;3848605 said:
    Soulja Boy is coming to Rock Band?