Ozone Entertainment RBN Releases

Comments

• TheOzoneTheOzone Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    I'm sort of shocked there's been absolutely zero reaction to me posting a Sophie B. Hawkins song in playtesting today.

I now have two Grammy-nominated artists testing, with one of the songs being a nominated song. :p
  • weirdphilweirdphil Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    TheOzone;3801167 said:
    I'm sort of shocked there's been absolutely zero reaction to me posting a Sophie B. Hawkins song in playtesting today.

I now have two Grammy-nominated artists testing, with one of the songs being a nominated song. :p
    Sounds pretty nice from the preview. Which reminds me I need to get some playtesting done. Brb in several hours... ;)
  • dragon114dragon114 Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    when blue comes out want it to have keyboard so i can have some none rockband 3 songs to play on world tour playing the keyboard.
  • vedisvedis Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    TheOzone;3801167 said:

i havent been on thats why! im not familiar with that song, but i know ive heard it before
  • Lord_of_SushiLord_of_Sushi Unsigned
    edited June 2010
    Looks like there's some pretty nice releases coming up (especially "Done" and "Blue (Da Ba Dee)". Now the only thing I have to do is wait for "Five More Minutes" and the Ron Wasserman songs to be brought over to the PS3.

By the way, would it be OK to contact a band and, if they were interested in RBN, refer them to you?
    edited June 2010
    Lord_of_Sushi;3804888 said:
    Looks like there's some pretty nice releases coming up (especially "Done" and "Blue (Da Ba Dee)". Now the only thing I have to do is wait for "Five More Minutes" and the Ron Wasserman songs to be brought over to the PS3.

By the way, would it be OK to contact a band and, if they were interested in RBN, refer them to you?
    Thanks, I'm very proud of all the great music in our catalog and glad you're excited about them coming to PS3. As soon as HMX approaches us about porting them over (or however the process works, since 0 of our songs are available over in Sonyland), we'll happily sign off on it.

Regarding referring to Ozone Entertainment, we are happy to talk to them if:

A) They kick ass
    B) They'll be fun to play
    C) They're not going to be disrespectful (eg. pompous, greater-than-thou attitude)

When referring, my name is Owen Douglass and my email is [email]admin@theozoneradio.com[/email]. Make sure they include samples of the music they want to submit for consideration.
  • The-Dude1212The-Dude1212 Rising Star
    edited July 2010
    Well, after much revising, hesitation, neglect, forgetting and remembering, finally sent an e-mail to Haddaway's label manager. Let's hope I hear from him soon. *fingers crossed*
  • RingmasterJ5RingmasterJ5 Unsigned
    edited July 2010
    I'm new to the Rock Band forums, but I might be able to get you someone big. It probably won't happen, but this person has expressed intrest in RB/GH, and probably hasn't heard of RBN. There is probably no WAY that this person would say no if I actually find a WAY to contact this person. I repeat:no W A Y.(hint,hint)
  • General Lein979General Lein979 Headliner
    edited July 2010
    RingmasterJ5;3844446 said:
    I'm new to the Rock Band forums, but I might be able to get you someone big. It probably won't happen, but this person has expressed intrest in RB/GH, and probably hasn't heard of RBN. There is probably no WAY that this person would say no if I actually find a WAY to contact this person. I repeat:no W A Y.(hint,hint)
    Such subtly you have. People have tried and failed.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    General Lein979;3848592 said:
    Such subtly you have. People have tried and failed.
    Actually, I don't get it, perhaps I've never heard of the band, or I just can't understand the acronym, but could you say who it is?
  • General Lein979General Lein979 Headliner
    edited July 2010
    TubaDude49;3848602 said:
    Actually, I don't get it, perhaps I've never heard of the band, or I just can't understand the acronym, but could you say who it is?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Way
    edited July 2010
    edited July 2010
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't get the "WAY" hint right away. :p
    edited July 2010
    Yes, I'm trying to find a way to contact Weird Al Yankovic. No luck so far.
  • KariodudeKariodude Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    RingmasterJ5;3844446 said:
    Unless you're a good friend of WAY you probably can't get him. He does know about the RBN because he's already been contacted and nothing has happened yet. It's sorta at that point where either a good friend of his would have to push him in that direction or Harmonix would have to contact him themselves.
  • RedIon1992RedIon1992 Opening Act
    edited July 2010
    The issue with Weird Al would be the fact that his most popular songs (and thus the ones that would sell) are not fully owned by him - they all use the melodies of other tunes, by other songwriters.

That, and the fact he's on a label, complicates it even further.
  • Groudon199Groudon199 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
    edited July 2010
    I remember reading (or hearing) an interview where Weird Al was asked about getting his songs in Rock Band. I think he said he's waiting for Harmonix to contact him.
    edited July 2010
    edited July 2010
    Kariodude;3850262 said:
    Unless you're a good friend of WAY you probably can't get him. He does know about the RBN because he's already been contacted and nothing has happened yet. It's sorta at that point where either a good friend of his would have to push him in that direction or Harmonix would have to contact him themselves.
    Oh. Who has already contacted him(and if possible, how)?

My plan was to send him a DVD of Ozone's other tracks, with their contact info.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited July 2010
    General Lein979;3848605 said:
    Soulja Boy is coming to Rock Band?
    edited July 2010
    T-Hybrid;3850995 said:
    Soulja Boy is coming to Rock Band?
    He really shouldn't have linked to a discombobulation
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%22Weird_Al%22_Yankovic
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited July 2010
    RedIon1992;3850371 said:
    The issue with Weird Al would be the fact that his most popular songs (and thus the ones that would sell) are not fully owned by him - they all use the melodies of other tunes, by other songwriters.
    There's still dozens of songs that he does completely own that would be better for the game than parodies of songs we already have. I've seen a lot of requests for "Hardware Store".

(don't we already have a few artists from Sony?)
  • moomandwwmoomandww Opening Act
    edited July 2010
    On the subject of Al, ive actualy done alot of thinking on what songs of his would not only be great for RBN, but wouldent break any copywrights.

Heres the list i compiled; (From all his albums)

Skipper Dan (Style parody of Weezer)
    CNR (Style parody of The White Stripes)
    I'll Sue Ya (Style parody of Rage Against the Machine)
    Virus Alert (Style parody of Sparks)
    UHF (Style parody of "State of Shock" by The Jacksons)
    Generic Blues (Style parody of Chicago blues)
    Fun Zone (Instrumental that would be great with the keyboard)
    Traffic Jam (Style parody of "Let's Go Crazy" by Prince)
    Everything You Know Is Wrong (Style parody of They Might Be Giants. Would be great with the keyboard)
    I Remember Larry (Style Parody of Hilly Michaels)
    Your Horoscope For Today (Style-parody of The Mighty Mighty Bosstones)
    Albuquerque (In 2 parts of course, due to the length)
    Hardware Store
    Why Does This Always Happen To Me? (Style parody of Ben Folds. Would be great with the keyboard)
    Genius In France (Style parody of Frank Zappa)
    Dare To Be Stupid (Style parody of Devo. Would be great with the keyboard)
    Ringtone (Style parody of Queen)
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    moomandww;3862057 said:
    On the subject of Al, ive actualy done alot of thinking on what songs of his would not only be great for RBN, but wouldent break any copywrights.

Heres the list i compiled; (From all his albums)

Dare To Be Stupid (Style parody of Devo. Would be great with the keyboard)
    That right there is the correct answer. Not only would it be fun on quite a few instruments, Devo considers it more of a Devo song than any Devo song. We just have to have the song that out-Devoed Devo.
    edited July 2010
    FairwoodStudios;3862513 said:
    That right there is the correct answer. Not only would it be fun on quite a few instruments, Devo considers it more of a Devo song than any Devo song. We just have to have the song that out-Devoed Devo.
    I remember watching that Behind the Music with Al in it, when Devo said it was so beautiful that he hated him for it. :D That's my favorite Al song from that disc.
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited July 2010
    Weird Al has been discussed in other threads, there's no real need to be hijacking Ozone's thread with it.

This thread would probably be the best place for that discussion: http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190250&highlight=weird
    edited July 2010
    To get back on topic, "Done" is now back up in Peer Review after some vocal fixes. Also, it will be our first song with Pro Drums functionality.
    edited July 2010
    TheOzone;3863257 said:
    Also, it will be our first song with Pro Drums functionality.
    You can't see this, but I'm salivating right now. Does this mean that you are able to chart for pro drums now and actually play pro drums in RB3, or does this mean the song won't actually arrive until after RBN 2.0?
    edited July 2010
    weirdphil;3863412 said:
    You can't see this, but I'm salivating right now. Does this mean that you are able to chart for pro drums now and actually play pro drums in RB3, or does this mean the song won't actually arrive until after RBN 2.0?
    You are currently able to author for Pro Drums.
    edited July 2010
    Good news, everyone!

"Done" by The Giraffes is out of Peer Review. Within a couple days, it'll hit the store. Everyone is in for a treat, no matter what instrument you play.

And weirdphil should have an especially good time with it over in his drum thread. ;)