PS3 authoring; WHEN??

sinobeetlesinobeetle Opening Act
edited May 2010 in The Rock Band Network
The PS3 has similar processing ability. When can PS3 users make and upload their own music??

Comments

• MattyTMattyT Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    When Sony has an setup like Microsoft's XNA program, which is what enables the uploading on 360. Don't hold your breath.
  • RealMessiahRealMessiah Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    This is probably a question for Sony. When will users be able to create and upload their own games and DLC for the PS3 in general, or can they already?
  • MattyTMattyT Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    PS3 Users cannot currently upload their own DLC content for RBN. See my above post - It's due to a lack of a User Created Content program, such as Microsoft's XNA.
  • elfreakoelfreako Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    Not going to happen. If you want to participate, buy a 360 or hire thrid party companies that will chart it for you.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited May 2010
    I'd say never.

It would create too many headaches, as there will be some songs only on 360 that HMX has to port to the other two, and some songs only on PS3 that HMX has to port to the other two.

So I think XNA is going to be the only place to create and test songs.

Once Sony and Nintendo get the sticks out of their butt, they might let HMX send more than 5 songs(or in Nintendo's case any songs) through a week.
  • ethicalpaulethicalpaul Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    The answer is "never"
  • jmohr1jmohr1 Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    Actually songs are "made" in the old fashioned studio type method, recorded live, or otherwise put together in entirely non-videogame form. They are then "authored" for the game on a computer.

really the xbox is only used to test the song and distribute it to the various testing and review groups, but as everyone has pointed out, ps3 doesn't have a system for this last step.
  • weirdphilweirdphil Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    ethicalpaul;3714227 said:
    The answer is "never"
    I agree with this. Not to be a troll, but to think realistic, Sony doesn't have XNA, they've (HMX) already got a good thing going right now using XNA to author the tracks and get them out to people. I understand people want songs on the ps3 faster, and probably don't want to buy a 360 to put their own songs up, but if it ain't broke, don't try adding a second source for songs and split the market like that. It'd be a legal catastrophe. Just sit back and let HMX spoon feed you as much as they can, and when M$ finally decides to buy out Sony (Not likely, I think they enjoy the competition and poor Japanese sales), when we're all enjoying that 'one console future' that people are always dreaming of, then you can do whatever you want.
  • AbaddonAbaddon Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    elfreako;3707361 said:
    Not going to happen. If you want to participate, buy a 360 or hire thrid party companies that will chart it for you.
    +100,000,000

Honestly, if you really want to author, an Xbox 360 and the creator's club membership is cheap.

What PS3 (and Wii) owners should be clamoring for (I know I am) is a review process where songs can be uploaded to PSN and reviewed by the community, and once passed being allowed to bypass the official certification pipeline. This is doubtful but at least makes sense, unlike authoring on PS3/Wii. And it's the only way PS3/Wii owners will ever get more than a trickle of RBN DLC.
  • SkodeSkode Headliner
    edited May 2010
    Sony wont go to all the effort and expense to create any sort of programme to mirror capabilities of XNA (tools for user submit own conten from games to RBN songs theyve authored) because there simply isnt enough of a market there for them to make any real money back on it... nor if honest have i even really seen any PS3 movement for such tools to be created for them to use either.