Fairwood Studios RBN Previews and Releases

Comments

  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    Another weekend, another video. Here's your first look at Hotel Saigon.

    And an artist to announce: Alberta's Coelacanths, which plays.... hell if I know. We're calling it Experimental. We're doing "Apocalypse for Breakfast", the first track on their upcoming album.

    There's another on the way that we can't announce yet. We did kind of mention it on Twitter, but no official announcement yet, and the band is going to take care of that part to start with. All I can say is that it has by far the longest name of any song in Rock Band, or Guitar Hero, or any western rhythm game. Almost too long for RBN to handle.
  • caioafcaioaf Unsigned
    edited September 2010
    FairwoodStudios;3998143 said:

    There's another on the way that we can't announce yet. We did kind of mention it on Twitter, but no official announcement yet, and the band is going to take care of that part to start with. All I can say is that it has by far the longest name of any song in Rock Band, or Guitar Hero, or any western rhythm game. Almost too long for RBN to handle.
    "Finally, as That Blazing Sun Shone Down Upon Us, Did We Know That True Enemy Was the Voice of Blind Idolatry; and Only Then Did We Begin to Think for Ourselves." by Red Sparowes confirmed!!!

    OMG OMG
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    caioaf;3998222 said:
    "Finally, as That Blazing Sun Shone Down Upon Us, Did We Know That True Enemy Was the Voice of Blind Idolatry; and Only Then Did We Begin to Think for Ourselves." by Red Sparowes confirmed!!!

    OMG OMG
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    Nope, the limit's 99 characters. (Though I'm now intrigued by that band...)
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    Good news everyone! Welcome to Our Town has passed review!

    Full version (80MSP)
    Trial version
    Preview Video

    ...also, Welcome to Our Town was in review. We didn't make a video for it since it was mostly as a preview rendition, but when RBN2.0's timetable came around the band decided to bump it up rather than hold it. So, you don't get to sing as the whole crowd, but you still get the majority of the song, and it's still fun.

    We're planning on getting Daas Bosh and The Virginmarys into the system real soon, and releasing Yesternight's Decision, Lyrics for Monday, and something Morgawr soon as well.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    FairwoodStudios;4009876 said:
    Good news everyone! Welcome to Our Town has passed review!
    I find it hilariously weird that I got a text about this being released, as soon as we started going over Greek theater in my art history class. Coincidence? I think not.
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    We've added videos for Eternal Divine Angel Death and Bang Bang Bang to our list.

    And based on how current discussions are going, we'll probably be announcing at least one new artist each week for the rest of the month. Some of them you haven't heard of, some of them you might, some of them you really should. Hopefully we'll have the first words in the next few days.
  • DaasBoshDaasBosh Unsigned
    edited September 2010
    Nice! I just have one question about the drum chart in Eternal Divine Angel Death. There is alot of missing notes, like the Hi-hats in the verse, why?
  • Nathaniel607Nathaniel607 Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    Also, snare around 2:52.

    Yeah, and the award for worst solo ever goes to... well, still Green Day, but it's pretty bad, lol.
  • DaasBoshDaasBosh Unsigned
    edited September 2010
    Nathaniel607;4021543 said:

    Yeah, and the award for worst solo ever goes to... well, still Green Day, but it's pretty bad, lol.
    thanks!
  • SeetherFanSeetherFan Unsigned
    edited September 2010
    any recent word on how "Dying Wish of a Living Man" is coming along?
  • Nathaniel607Nathaniel607 Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    DaasBosh;4021572 said:
    thanks!
    Lol, take a joke man. :D. But God my hand is going to cramp playing that.
  • DaasBoshDaasBosh Unsigned
    edited September 2010
    Nathaniel607;4021712 said:
    Lol, take a joke man. :D. But God my hand is going to cramp playing that.
    hahaha! I though you were serious ;)
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    DaasBosh;4021464 said:
    Nice! I just have one question about the drum chart in Eternal Divine Angel Death. There is alot of missing notes, like the Hi-hats in the verse, why?
    I addressed this in the other thread, basically Subversion screwed up on us. That or simple human error, but I like blaming Subversion. It'll be fixed next round.
    SeetherFan;4021574 said:
    any recent word on how "Dying Wish of a Living Man" is coming along?
    It's our lead Peer Review track at the moment, we're trying to get it out next.
  • Nathaniel607Nathaniel607 Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    DaasBosh;4021724 said:
    hahaha! I though you were serious ;)
    Subtletly in speech is still not possible on the internet, lol.

    I didn't notice the hi-hats missing in the verse (unless you mean, like, the ACTUAL hi-hats missing?). Fix dem snares though!

    The drums look really fun in a easy kind of way. Too bad my bass pedal literally broke in half last week...

    P.S - I was serious about Green Day.
  • DaasBoshDaasBosh Unsigned
    edited September 2010
    FairwoodStudios;4021889 said:
    I addressed this in the other thread, basically Subversion screwed up on us. That or simple human error, but I like blaming Subversion. It'll be fixed next round.
    It's our lead Peer Review track at the moment, we're trying to get it out next.
    Ok good I understand, we are not angry or anything. Everyone makes a misstake, but it's pretty serious. It's like a whole new Drum track, haha!
    Blame Subversion ;)
    Nathaniel607;4022004 said:

    I didn't notice the hi-hats missing in the verse (unless you mean, like, the ACTUAL hi-hats missing?). Fix dem snares though!
    The drums look really fun in a easy kind of way. Too bad my bass pedal literally broke in half last week...
    P.S - I was serious about Green Day.
    I mean the pukes and Hi-hates are missing in the chart, it should actually look something like "Everlong" or "Run to the hills" but with not the same speed. you can't hear them so clear in the official song on our myspace/youtube because the volume is not that high. But if you just listen to the drum track in a separate sound file you hear them very clear. Glad you like it though

    Btw, I never liked Green Day either :) overrated as a freakin mushroom (Random)
  • DaasBoshDaasBosh Unsigned
    edited September 2010
    Btw, there are two parts with wrong lyrics. in the first verse you spelled "Instead of stand and stare" as "instead of standing still" And "Not a beginning of the new" without "the" before "new".
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    DaasBosh;4023866 said:
    Btw, there are two parts with wrong lyrics. in the first verse you spelled "Instead of stand and stare" as "instead of standing still" And "Not a beginning of the new" without "the" before "new".
    I think we used the lines we got on the lyric sheet, I'll double-check. I know that "the" is missing because it wasn't audible.
  • Coelacanths_BandCoelacanths_Band Unsigned
    edited September 2010
    "And an artist to announce: Alberta's Coelacanths, which plays.... hell if I know. We're calling it Experimental. We're doing "Apocalypse for Breakfast", the first track on their upcoming album."


    That's one way to put it, haha.
  • DaasBoshDaasBosh Unsigned
    edited September 2010
    FairwoodStudios;4024009 said:
    I think we used the lines we got on the lyric sheet, I'll double-check. I know that "the" is missing because it wasn't audible.
    I checked the lyrics I send you and it's i the right lyrics. So you wont put "the" there because it's not SO audible?
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    DaasBosh;4025153 said:
    I checked the lyrics I send you and it's i the right lyrics. So you wont put "the" there because it's not SO audible?
    I checked and yea, we did mess up that one line. As for the "the", I've been listening to the stem, and it's not distinct enough in that take to be authorable. We'd get in trouble if we authored it and there wasn't distinct audio to go along with it.

    And since we're talking revisions here and not email like we usually do (you should see the Shokkher conversations), can you send the Swedish line you left out? I'm 95% sure we can incorporate it in the song. Might not be able to author it but it can definitely be in the song if you want it to be.
  • k-mack-mac Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    I hope you get more Stagehands songs! The whole album would be awesome with RBN 2.0. It's too bad there are no harmonies or keys in Welcome to Our Town, but the rest of the album would be perfect for it (RBN 2.0) like The Riot and Ashley/Searching/La Bibliotheque.

    Anyways, thanks for introducing me to Stagehands! Living in Toronto, they are a local band, so I look forward to seeing them next time they play!
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited September 2010
    From the recent discussion on Twitter, it seems you guys have a chiptune song of some sort coming. Has that song or band been named yet?
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    LuigiHann;4026878 said:
    From the recent discussion on Twitter, it seems you guys have a chiptune song of some sort coming. Has that song or band been named yet?
    Not yet. They have a PR person that we're supposed to be working with, but I haven't heard a peep from them for the last two weeks. I don't want to announce ahead of them, but if I don't hear anything by the end of the day I'm gonna assume their PR person either doesn't care or doesn't get my e-mails.
  • DaasBoshDaasBosh Unsigned
    edited September 2010
    FairwoodStudios;4025399 said:

    Can you send the Swedish line you left out? I'm 95% sure we can incorporate it in the song. Might not be able to author it but it can definitely be in the song if you want it to be.
    Sure! It would be awesome if it was accepted in the vocals part though!
    I've sent our studio a message to see if they still got it cus I don't have it on my computer

    EDIT: The swedish line "Fan nu kör vi" is now on your server ;)

    EDIT 2:And Btw, isn't Tier 4 a little to low on guitar? I mean, if you compare the guitar chart in our song to the guitar chart in Can't be "tamed" by "Miley Cyrus". That song has a Tier 7 guitarchart and some people have told me that our song looks harder then her?
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    DaasBosh;4027607 said:
    EDIT: The swedish line "Fan nu kör vi" is now on your server ;)

    EDIT 2:And Btw, isn't Tier 4 a little to low on guitar? I mean, if you compare the guitar chart in our song to the guitar chart in Can't be "tamed" by "Miley Cyrus". That song has a Tier 7 guitarchart and some people have told me that our song looks harder then her?
    Danke. For reference, we 0-index tiers, so Miley is Tier 6. But there's a few reasons for the difference- Can't Be Tamed is pretty much just that solo, more than half its notes are in there, so you're more dependent on hitting it. Plus, that solo is absurd for its genre; alternative metal has stuff like your solo all the time, it's expected. Can't Be Tamed has a more complex scales pattern, while yours is straight descending triplets with gaps between anchors. Lastly, Can't Be Tamed is straight-up overtiered. It should be mid-5.

    Regardless, if testers think it should go up in tier, we'll bump it. And while we're on the topic, we've put up a new video with the more recent version of EDAD (Swedish line is in the mix, but not authored yet), as well as a video of a new 80's style song, Falling Apart.

    EDAD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2GoPX4MN5g
    Falling Apart: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYUXfTuWFCs

    And as mentioned earlier, we are working with a chiptune band. A chiptune rock band, to be exact, which makes them a little more distinct. (Not Anamanaguchi though.)

    We'll be doing a song by Midimidis, entitled "There's Just Far Too Much Going on Upstairs for Me to Feel Truly Comfortable with Myself". Yes, that's the actual song title. It's somewhere in between The Smiths and Sonic the Hedgehog, and if you enjoyed A Jagged Gorgeous Winter on drums you'll love this. We're still working out the last few bits, so it's not an official announcement yet, but it's in a state where I'm willing to talk about it freely.
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited September 2010
    Wow, nice sound the Midimidis have. Was not expecting vocals, but they sound great. Looking forward to this.
  • DaasBoshDaasBosh Unsigned
    edited September 2010
    everything looks awesome now! But are you going to chart the swedish line? just asking
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    I think you're going way too much into detail guys, this forum is for the general public, authoring details should be discussed in the Creators Club's forums, don't they?
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    LuigiHann;4029523 said:
    Wow, nice sound the Midimidis have. Was not expecting vocals, but they sound great. Looking forward to this.
    Yea, the vocals are what really sold us on them. With Ozone's track going up, I don't even know if they'll stay in the Chiptunes genre through the end (since it's not true chiptune), but either way they're a worthwhile addition.
    Pankrazzo;4029718 said:
    I think you're going way too much into detail guys, this forum is for the general public, authoring details should be discussed in the Creators Club's forums, don't they?
    The rule is that we can't discuss others' songs in detail, but if it's our own song we can say whatever. But yea, this sort of conversation usually is done in email.
  • DaasBoshDaasBosh Unsigned
    edited September 2010
    FairwoodStudios;4029731 said:

    The rule is that we can't discuss others' songs in detail, but if it's our own song we can say whatever. But yea, this sort of conversation usually is done in email.
    ok, I'm sorry
Sign In or Register to comment.