Lost and RockBand

xRite AidexxRite Aidex Road Warrior
edited June 2010 in The Rock Band Network
http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/704889/Lost-Isnt-Over-After-The-Finale----Its-Headed-To-Rock-Band.html

For those of you involved in LOST(including me, I personally enjoyed the ending but thats besdies the point)

But the song "you all everybody" will be coming to RBN according to this article, hope you enjoy!

Comments

• Dogmatic2020Dogmatic2020 Rising Star
    edited May 2010
    It was explained very well what happened in the last 10 minutes (flash-sideways stuff). I guess some things just go over people's heads. o_O
  • xRite AidexxRite Aidex Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    noble;3711400 said:
    It didn't answer every little question(like why was Walt and Aaron so special), but it made sense in the mythology of the show.
    The writers said neither were special everyone in the audience built it up as if they were special, they said that the psychic that told claire her son was special or w.e was a fake, also....
    The island was real everything else was purgatory/not real, the island was basicly a place where people were able to find their constant and move on

But I know I will buy this song once out of testing :D
  • edited May 2010
    xRite Aidex;3711415 said:
    The writers said neither were special everyone in the audience built it up as if they were special, they said that the psychic that told claire her son was special or w.e was a fake, also....
    The island was real everything else was purgatory/not real, the island was basicly a place where people were able to find their constant and move on

The psychic was a fake but Walt had some sort of power or something cause he saw that picture of that bird and then it hit his window and later he saw a picture of a polar bear and one attacked him.
    and his step father was scared of him and thats why he had Micheal take him
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited May 2010
    xRite Aidex;3711415 said:

No the island and everything else was real and 'happened'.

When they detonated the atomic bomb at the end of season six it created this 'purgatory' side ways world where they would all meet up after they died.

It wasn't until they were shown the 'real' world and their 'real' lives that they realized they had indeed died. At this point they were ready to move onto the next life or world(whatever that may be.)

Some, like Ben, realized he was dead but wasn't ready to move on yet.

Others like Russo, Danielle, Eloise, Faraday, etc either didn't know they were dead and obviously didn't know they were supossed to move on, or Eloise(like Ben) knew she was dead and in purgatory, but wanted to stay with Daniel.

That's why she didn't want Desmond talking to him. She knew if he made Daniel aware of what was happening, he might move on and she'd possibly never see him again.

As to the Aaron thing, I'll grant you that. We only had the psychic's word that he was special.

But Walt. He killed a bird, he made it stop raining so his dad could look for vincent, he appeared to John Locke and told him to get his ass out of the hole Ben threw him in.

There WAS something about Walt, but we'll never know ;)
    edited May 2010
    Either way you are right and I am happy that I was involved in watching this great show and am very excited for this song haha
  • edited May 2010
    [QUOTE=noble;3711426]

As to the Aaron thing, I'll grant you that. We only had the psychic's word that he was special.

[QUOTE]

In the episode where they show why Mr. Eko was in australia they reveal that Claires phychic is a phoney
  • toymachineSHtoymachineSH Headliner
    edited May 2010
    Previously on Rock Band.
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited May 2010
    I was hoping that these songs would come but I really didn't expect it. Awesome.

And yeah, I thought the finale was great. Wrapped up everything that could be reasonably expected. Glad to finally see Christian Shepard again.
  • Drumminjay108Drumminjay108 Rising Star
    edited May 2010
    An Amazing ending to an amazing show. Just put my order in for the complete series. These songs will be day one for sure.
  • SequenceFSequenceF Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    Horrible ending. Horrible songs too.

***********************SPOILERS*****************

No resolution to the Walt story and the sideways flashes were utterly pointless. Really, the entire alternate universe was simply to explain that someday everyone dies? Really? An entire season of nonsense to explain that?

The show really did leave quite a few big gaping holes that were either ignored or explained so poorly that I'm led to believe that even the creators had no idea what was going on and were just making things up as they went along.

Instead of gradually answering questions, they just kept creating new questions and in the end is no different than telling more and more fantastic lies in order to cover up the original lies.

Okay, so Jacob and the black smoke guy have super powers.....but who was on the island before Jacob's mother? What is the heart of the island, what is the island's purpose and why is it possible to move an island through time and space by turning a wheel? How did Dharma initially find an island that is removed from time and space? What is Charles Widmore's purpose? How was Aaron special and why was he important to the island? Why could children not be born on the island? Were all of The Others a part of Dharma? We know Ben was, but what about everyone else? Why were there polar bears on the island?

God, the list just goes on and on. Sloppy, sloppy show.
    edited May 2010
    SequenceF;3712230 said:
    Horrible ending. Horrible songs too.

***********************SPOILERS*****************

No resolution to the Walt story and the sideways flashes were utterly pointless. Really, the entire alternate universe was simply to explain that someday everyone dies? Really? An entire season of nonsense to explain that?

The show really did leave quite a few big gaping holes that were either ignored or explained so poorly that I'm led to believe that even the creators had no idea what was going on and were just making things up as they went along.

Instead of gradually answering questions, they just kept creating new questions and in the end is no different than telling more and more fantastic lies in order to cover up the original lies.

Okay, so Jacob and the black smoke guy have super powers.....but who was on the island before Jacob's mother? What is the heart of the island, what is the island's purpose and why is it possible to move an island through time and space by turning a wheel? How did Dharma initially find an island that is removed from time and space? What is Charles Widmore's purpose? How was Aaron special and why was he important to the island? Why could children not be born on the island? Were all of The Others a part of Dharma? We know Ben was, but what about everyone else? Why were there polar bears on the island?

God, the list just goes on and on. Sloppy, sloppy show.

More than half the questions you say weren't answered, were.

Before the finale even.

You should probably go back and watch the show again.
    edited May 2010
    noble;3712237 said:
    More than half the questions you say weren't answered, were.

Before the finale even.

You should probably go back and watch the show again.
    I think I'll take a pass on re-watching a show that I can hardly believe I watched a firsttime and instead shove bamboo under my fingernails.
  • GranndGrannd Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    The guy is right, I've seen the first 5 seasons two times total, and the second time I noticed a lot more things that actually DID make sense than the first time.

SPOILERS

I'm not claiming all the answers are there, but the writers defintely have had some things lined out for all 6 seasons.
    Especially the last 3 seasons tie really good together, whole of season 5 was a great MiB set-up if you rewatch it, ok maybe it's a big time paradox (MiB telling Richard to tell Locke he needs to die so MiB can take Locke's body for instance), but it's things like that that only when you rewatch it with knowlegde from future episodes you realize the writer's sometimes did know where it was going.
    edited May 2010
    SequenceF;3712240 said:
    I think I'll take a pass on re-watching a show that I can hardly believe I watched a firsttime and instead shove bamboo under my fingernails.

Your loss.

I'm currently watching season 1 again and plan on rewatching the entire show.

The answers are there, not to everything of course, but a lot of what you are curious about has been answered.

For example.

The polar bears - Dharma was experimenting with them and they got loose.

Remember the cages in season 3 that Sawyer and Kate were locked in...when Mr Friendly told Sawyer it took him longer than the bears to figure out how to get a fish cookie...

Dharma found the island like all the other people who ended up on the island.

They were drawn there by Jacob.

That's just two, there are other answers, but you have fun with your bamboo ;)
    edited May 2010
    noble;3712267 said:
    Your loss.

I'm currently watching season 1 again and plan on rewatching the entire show.

The answers are there, not to everything of course, but a lot of what you are curious about has been answered.

For example.

The polar bears - Dharma was experimenting with them and they got loose.

Remember the cages in season 3 that Sawyer and Kate were locked in...when Mr Friendly told Sawyer it took him longer than the bears to figure out how to get a fish cookie...

Dharma found the island like all the other people who ended up on the island.

They were drawn there by Jacob.

That's just two, there are other answers, but you have fun with your bamboo ;)
    But why polar bears? Not only are they more difficult to capture, they're considerably more difficult to transport and even more difficult to keep a cold weather animal on a tropical island. Because of their thick layer of blubber, polar bears actually overheat even in frigid temperatures, which is why they often grab a mouthful of snow or lie flat on ice.

It would be the equivalent of wearing eight layers of clothing and then trying to jog a marathon.

Their transparent fur would also make them poor hunters and speaking of which, what would they eat on a tropical island once free? There are no seals, nor would there be large enough fish in shallow waters to sustain them. Boar are a possibility, but the nutritional changes would probably make the bears sick more than it would nourish them.

Also, if the only route to the island was via submarine, are we to believe that Dharma stuffed multiple polar bears into a submarine? It literally is impossible.

There are more practical animals that Dharma would have chosen. If they wanted an animal that was similar to a human, there are monkeys, rats and even pigs (which were already on the island to begin with).

They also gave a strong impression that the bears had been free for some time, so I would have expected them to die off long before the 815 survivors arrived.

Jacob drew people to the island, but at the same time, it was stated that Jacob's way was to not allow people to leave, or if they did leave, make it nigh impossible to return. Setting up a submarine trade route would be incredibly difficult. Again, there's no purpose to it either.

So while the answers are kinda there, they make no sense and it is akin to stating that the moon is made of cheese that was thrown into the sky by a giant cow who eats part of the cheese wheel every day as a means of explaining the existence and phases of the moon. It's utter rubbish and nonsense.

And please forgive me for going off topic (and for the use of a conjunction at the start of a sentence). I initially did not realize that there was a lost topic in general and would like to continue discussion there, thank you.
    edited May 2010
    Buy season 6 DVDs aug 24th because Walt will be answered in those, the writers are putting all the smaller questions in the final DVD set that everyone wants answered.

If you hated the ending your forgetting that everything that happened up until the end was about Jack, it was about redemption and how he found his constant(kate) and got past his fathers hate(hence why he had a son in the purgatory storyline)

Noble am I right?
    edited May 2010
    xRite Aidex;3712383 said:
    Buy season 6 DVDs aug 24th because Walt will be answered in those, the writers are putting all the smaller questions in the final DVD set that everyone wants answered.

If you hated the ending your forgetting that everything that happened up until the end was about Jack, it was about redemption and how he found his constant(kate) and got past his fathers hate(hence why he had a son in the purgatory storyline)

Noble am I right?
    Will they explain how they fit polar bears....ON A SUBMARINE?
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    "You All Everybody" just got approved. I'm looking for links.
    edited May 2010
    SequenceF;3712431 said:
    Will they explain how they fit polar bears....ON A SUBMARINE?
    To be honest does it really matter? :rolleyes:

I mean seriously people who got caught up in the mystery are forgetting that the creaters of this show wanted the audience to love the characters not the mystery(yes those were great) but ultimately over the last 6 years if you didnt love Kate, Jack, Saywer etc.. then you missed the point of the show, get it?

I'm happy with the ending and have enjoyed the ride
  • zack10housezack10house Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    noble;3711386 said:
    That fake seventies song that played when they were in Dharmaville in season 5?

It's already in testing ;)
    Did everyone else miss the fact that Noble just confirmed Geronimo Jackson in addition to DriveShaft? Win.

EDIT: Nevermind. IGN already covered it. My google-fu is not strong today. I feel like a nerd for hearing "fake 70s band" and immediately going, oh! you mean Geronimo Jackson! though :p
  • zack10housezack10house Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    DragoonXD;3712437 said:
    "You All Everybody" just got approved. I'm looking for links.
    nice, thanks
  • zachman3001zachman3001 Unsigned
    edited May 2010
    Loved the Finale, but that's besides the point.

Dharma Lady? Friggin' awesome. Will buy if/when it gets moved to the PS3.

You All Everybody though? Meh.
    edited May 2010
    xRite Aidex;3712443 said:
    To be honest does it really matter? :rolleyes:
    Yes. :rolleyes:
    edited May 2010
    It doesn't. If you want answers to how the Polar Bears got there, then you are someone who will never be satisfied with anything.

Totally buying "You Are Everybody"
  • KariodudeKariodude Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    Dogmatic2020;3712537 said:
    Totally buying "You Are Everybody"
    That's not a song.
    edited May 2010
    and Lsot isn't a tv show. =P
  • KariodudeKariodude Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    Dogmatic2020;3712590 said:
    and Lsot isn't a tv show. =P
    I made my avatar make as much sense as the show itself. But seriously, the song is called "You All Everybody" not "You Are Everybody"
    edited May 2010
    Simple mistake on my part.
    edited May 2010
    Dogmatic2020;3712618 said:
    Simple mistake on my part.
    heh.