can you still help with peer reviews on RBN??

asiansensationasiansensation Unsigned
edited May 2010 in The Rock Band Network
Hello all,

I have really gotten into the songs available on RBN. I was wondering if there was a way to help with peer reviews and if so, what the process is for getting signed up with that. All information would be of great help. Thanks.

Comments

• ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited May 2010
    Yep. We can use all the help we can get over there.

You'll need an xbox 360, a PC with a strong fast internet connection, and an XNA full(not trial) membership.

And your PC and 360 connected to the same network via router (or someway for the two to send the songs from your PC to your 360).

I believe the cost for the membership is $49 for four months or $99 for a full year.

There's a program called Magma you'll need as well to help transfer the songs from your PC to your 360 but that is a free download once you start.
  • asiansensationasiansensation Unsigned
    edited May 2010
    I am very new to this RBN. I was wondering if i could just peer review songs, rather than submit my own. Although, if some band needed help with charting songs, I'd be more than happy to help with that. Can anyone give me some additional information aside from what noble already said? Thanks.
  • brownies4allbrownies4all Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    No additional info needed, what noble posted is it. Yep, that's it.

Pretty much, those are the requirements for both submitting songs as well as peer reviewing others.
  • BallisticJunkfoodBallisticJunkfood Headliner
    edited May 2010
    asiansensation;3715220 said:
    I am very new to this RBN. I was wondering if i could just peer review songs, rather than submit my own. Although, if some band needed help with charting songs, I'd be more than happy to help with that. Can anyone give me some additional information aside from what noble already said? Thanks.
    Yes, you can playtest and peer review without having to be an author yourself.
    edited May 2010
    asiansensation;3715220 said:

I just test and review, and have been doing it since September of last year.

I wouldn't know how to chart a song if someone put a gun to my head, but I still think I'm getting my money's worth :)
    edited May 2010
    so basically for tha $99 for the year, you get to play the songs as much as you want, just have to give feedback.. do you still have to purchase the songs or do they automatically download to your box?
  • weirdphilweirdphil Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    You'll need to purchase the songs if you intend to play them after they've been released. The peer review/play testing may be more time consuming than you might think. To give proper feedback you'll need to have played/auto-played the same chart you're looking at multiple times on each of the difficulty settings, Easy/Medium/Hard/Expert, although you really only need to watch the vocals on a single difficulty, you still need to watch for spelling errors and whatnot. It's honestly a lot of fun depending on which song you are checking out. Since my job is finished after the end of June, I'm planning on doing at least one song a day. I'm hoping to hold onto that enthusiasm until then, we'll find out.
    Also, the $99/year is a much better deal than the $49/four-months.
    edited May 2010
    right now, I just want to test songs, but eventually, I think it would be cool to be able to help chart song, although I doubt people are hiring/paying people to do that, are they?
    edited May 2010
    To give a proper test/review takes about 45 minutes to an hour.

And of course you'll most likely have to review the same song four or five times as it gets new revisions.

Make no mistake it is very much a time sink, and you will end up playing songs you don't normally listen to.

However I find it extremely rewarding and enjoyable to have a hand in making the Rock Band experience better overall.

If you're serious about the commitment, I say go for it :)
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited May 2010
    asiansensation;3716350 said:
    right now, I just want to test songs, but eventually, I think it would be cool to be able to help chart song, although I doubt people are hiring/paying people to do that, are they?
    People are hiring/paying others to chart. See the stickied "charting groups" thread at the top...