We Did It Again Guys! Rusty Cooley Officially Confermed

moomandwwmoomandww Opening Act
edited June 2010 in The Rock Band Network
We just keep destroying your hands here at FiG charting Inc. as we can now announce the insane fact that We're now working with 2 legendary guitarists at the same time.

Rusty Cooley, god of the shred, has just signed on to bring some of his solo work and some of his work with Outworld to the RBN!!! (and maybe some from Day of Reckoning? Time will tell)

Who saw that one coming?

Note though, were gonna wait on The Duel until announcements on the keyboard for RB3 are made.

Here is his website:
http://www.rustycooley.com/

And a sample of his work:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScdcFMUyxSk (P.S. The charts will be WAY more accurate than this one)

Comments

• MithinMithin Unsigned
    edited May 2010
    no longer necessary :)

yay Rusty Cooley!
  • NSIYusukeNSIYusuke Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    Ahaha, I'm always telling Dylan to watch out for his spelling, but forgive him, he was really excited this time. =) I'm the owner of and only author (at the moment) in FiG, and it's going to be a pleasure to be working with Rusty, and he's really stoked.

He had no idea he was big on the customs scene either, but he finds it flattering. I hope you guys will all enjoy. ^^
  • moomandwwmoomandww Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    Mithin;3716158 said:
    I mean for this post to be as friendly as possible since I like all that FiG is doing. Sorry if this seems rude but just to ensure your services are fully taken professionally, I would recommend correcting some of the spelling errors in your post.

Confirmed
    maybe
    coming
    We're
    until

Sorry if this seems mean =/
    Oh crap, thats what happens when you dont run a spell check.

Thanks for the heads up, im just so wired from the 2 hour talk i just had with Rusty that spelling wasnt a priority at the time.

Dont worry, you didnt come off as a troll, your just helping out.
  • Thom1234Thom1234 Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    Awesome.

Now I'm hoping for John5 and Buckethead so Freen in Green can corner the market on guitar virtuosos on RBN :)
    edited May 2010
    Thom1234;3716462 said:
    Awesome.

Now I'm hoping for John5 and Buckethead so Freen in Green can corner the market on guitar virtuosos on RBN :)
    =) Thanks. I've tried contacting both, but to no avail. But maybe Rusty and Ron have connections...
  • THRASHattack66THRASHattack66 Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    This is awesome! im super excited for Outworld ... not to mention his solo work is freakin incredible!

good job guys!
  • Mega-TallicaMega-Tallica Washed Up
    edited May 2010
    "Under The Influence" would be epic.
  • CloudWolfCloudWolf Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    Who's next? Paul Gilbert?

I hope...
  • moomandwwmoomandww Opening Act
    edited May 2010
    CloudWolf;3718637 said:
    Who's next? Paul Gilbert?

I hope...
    Hes next on my list, dont worry.
  • Mega-TallicaMega-Tallica Washed Up
    edited May 2010
    Of the shred guitarists, Cooley was my #1, but I also wouldn't mind some Petrucci, more Satriani, Gilbert, Buckethead, or Becker.
    edited May 2010
    Yeah, we've tried contacting:

1) Bumblefoot (and succeeded)
    2) John 5 (failed)
    3) Rusty Cooley (and succeeded)
    4) Buckethead (awaiting response, highly unlikely without contacts.)
    5) Paul Gilbert (awaiting response)
    6) A Thanatopsis (awaiting response.)

So yeah, we've got you guys covered for a lot of shredders. It's a tad unnerving, but worth it. Can anyone think of any totally awesome bassists other than Geddy Lee, Victor Wooten, Les Claypool, Tal Wilkenfeld or Bootsy Collins? I'd love to focus on some win bassists, and a list of sorts would be nice to have.
  • AngieFanAngieFan Unsigned
    edited June 2010
    NSIYusuke;3720897 said:

2) John 5 (failed)

So yeah, we've got you guys covered for a lot of shredders. It's a tad unnerving, but worth it. Can anyone think of any totally awesome bassists other than Geddy Lee, Victor Wooten, Les Claypool, Tal Wilkenfeld or Bootsy Collins? I'd love to focus on some win bassists, and a list of sorts would be nice to have.

oh boy i have been waiting for word on paul gilbert, i tried sending him an email once to see if he was interested and never got a response. these shredders are what i listen to and we had rarely got them in these games in the past, im so stoked to hear their is a group aiming at them. while we are on the topic how about Joe stump, michael angelo batio, Impellitteri, and vinnie moore. also would be nice to get some classic malmsteen.

as far as bassists the only one i can think of is billy sheehan
  • broncosfan06broncosfan06 Debbie Downer
    edited June 2010
    NSIYusuke;3720897 said:

2) John 5 (failed)

some Primus tracks would be insanely amazing, Les is amazing, other bass that might be fun would be Greg Lake, ELP has some amazing bass lines...and with keyboards coming ELP might be a band to think about

as for guitar, have you guys tried to contact Richard Thompson? The Way That It Shows is so much fun and he has a lot of really shreddy type songs as well as a lot of bluesy type songs with insane solos that would kick ass in RB, a great guitarist who is vastly underrated especially here in the US
  • paulstyles78paulstyles78 Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    Good to hear our voices being heard in the music world with Rock Band Network
  • cjmoore8991cjmoore8991 Banned
    edited June 2010
    Buckethead won't happen, as much as I love him, I think someone direct from HMX will have to contact him.
  • Lady SiaraLady Siara Metal Maiden
    edited June 2010
    Awesome to hear about Rusty Cooley, though I'm bummed to hear about John 5 not being interested. :(

Also, check out Viraemia and UneXpecT for some pretty good bass players.
  • clippsclipps Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    I think John5 isn't interested because he's probably working with Guitar Hero. Not exactly sure, I'm just getting that impression because John5 is rumored for Guitar Hero 6.
    edited June 2010
    to be honest, i don't understand the hype of john5...i've listen to a few of his songs and quickly turned on buckethead
  • Nathaniel607Nathaniel607 Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    cjmoore8991;3793606 said:
    to be honest, i don't understand the hype of john5...i've listen to a few of his songs and quickly turned on buckethead
    Have you hear The Black Widow of La Porte?

Meh... I wouldn't listen to say, a whole album by him, but I would buy any of his songs on RB since he is such an insanely great guitarist.

Yeah, I reckon Buckethead is a better musician... still between Bumblefoot, Buckethead and John 5 for best metal/rock guitarist for me.
    edited June 2010
    Buckethead is the best virtuoso imo....I still love his teacher Gilbert
  • Rise 2 FallRise 2 Fall Opening Act
    edited June 2010
    Mega-Tallica;3718633 said:
    "Under The Influence" would be epic.
    agreed.
    edited June 2010
    Believe me guys, if you've heard my music, you should know that Buckethead's my number one biggest influence of all time, and that he's my personal favorite guitarist ever, too. ;P if I could get him, I would. I'm workin' on it, k? I've even contacted Maximum Bob to see if we can get some Deli Creeps in there. I imagine he'd know the right people to talk to...! Maybe I can even get Binge and Grab with the vocals.