Will all of the RBN songs be available on ps3 in the near future?

FlitwickFlitwick Unsigned
edited May 2010 in The Rock Band Network
I was wondering this.

I was looking at the released songs and keep seeing some of my favorite
artists, & that song from Lost by Drive Shaft. That would be fun to play.

So, I've seen some RBN songs on the ps3 store, but will they all be released to the store or stay on xbox?

Comments

• GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited May 2010
    Near future? Definitely not.

Far future? Possibly.
  • JoshVanHalen87JoshVanHalen87 Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    if they dont release anything new for two monts (at least) yeah, probably
  • war_lordwar_lord Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    As long as Sony's cap of 5 songs/week is in place, it is extremely unlikely that the PS3 could ever even remotely catch up to the 360. I've been recommending asking Sony to increase the cap by voting on this topic over at the PlayStation.Blog's Share site.

In the mean time, I'd suggest heading over to the PS3 RBN Request Thread and asking HMX to port that song over (if you haven't already).
  • bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    edited May 2010
    John Drake said they're working on a "more robust" RBN for PS3 perhaps centred on RB3. What that means and any other details are unknown, and is the the subject of speculation. Maybe we'll hear something around E3.
    edited May 2010
    JoshVanHalen87;3722320 said:
    if they dont release anything new for two monts (at least) yeah, probably
    How many weeks are in a month if you think that 5 songs a week can catch the 400+ total in two months?
    edited May 2010
    GNFfhqwhgads;3722351 said:
    How many weeks are in a month if you think that 5 songs a week can catch the 400+ total in two months?
    i never said anything about 5 songs per week.. but yeah i said also at least.
  • bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    edited May 2010
    war_lord;3722325 said:
    As long as Sony's cap of 5 songs/week is in place, it is extremely unlikely that the PS3 could ever even remotely catch up to the 360. I've been recommending asking Sony to increase the cap by voting on this topic over at the PlayStation.Blog's Share site.

In the mean time, I'd suggest heading over to the PS3 RBN Request Thread and asking HMX to port that song over (if you haven't already).
    We'll continue to fall behind. This week we fell behind by another 7 songs.

I can't really get down on Sony though, because their Q&A group is approving 5 more songs for Rockband than any other console's Q&A group. Hopefully there is some kind of better solution on the way.
    edited May 2010
    war_lord;3722325 said:

i´ve just logged in and voted with my old psn account, just to help you guys :D :p ;)
  • jeccanekojeccaneko Headliner
    edited May 2010
    With the current system, no way.

What HMX needs to do is 1) work out something with Sony so they aren't capped at 5 songs (preferably no cap) and 2) figure out some way to automate the process of whatever behind the scenes things they need to do to get songs onto the PS3. Even if Sony lets them have an unlimited number of RBN songs to put up each week, from my understanding HMX needs to do *something* to the songs before they can go up on PS3. If that something isn't easy, then there will still have to be some sort of artificial cap HMX will have to put on it, as they'll have only so much manpower to put towards that.
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited May 2010
    There's always going to be a cap because there's no way for the community to peer review songs on PlayStation 3 or Wii, and just because something's good on one console doesn't mean it's good for all three; The Who Super Bowl shuffle was supposed to come out on PS3 a couple weeks later, but it ended up being over a month because Sony sent it back over some glitch that wasn't on the other two consoles.
    edited May 2010
    RBN on all consoles has to be one monster. You can't have separate ones, because then all things would have to be authored three times over on three programs hooked up to three consoles and peer review would require you to do the song on all consoles.

If that made sense.