Bug in the song Hey Elevator

AkuryuAkuryu Rising Star
edited August 2010 in The Rock Band Network
Don't know if this has come up yet, but the song Hey Elevator by the Apples in Stereo has a pretty bad bug in it. When you sort by band, it will not allow you to scroll over it. You actually get stuck in the menu (unless you change sorting method). I made a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiuKCJCRhPI

Somebody should go tell them on the creators forum and have the song pulled before too many people buy it.

Comments

• KariodudeKariodude Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    That's really weird. It lists the band 3 different times and creates an endless loop of scrolling somehow. Makes me think the authors may not have labeled things correctly.
  • AkuryuAkuryu Rising Star
    edited May 2010
    You can still play the song if you sort by "Song," "Location," etc, but it definitely breaks the band sort. Some of the other RBN songs don't sort properly but this if the first I've had to actually delete. $2 wasted, but hopefully they can pull it before too many others discover the problem.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited May 2010
    Well it was already confirmed that there is a difference in the names, in that one is called the Apples in Stereo, and the other is called The Apples in stereo, so that's why they're in different sortings. Not sure how this third one could be written - possibly a capital I

I've never seen it loop like that before. What happens when you go from the bottom up to the song?
    edited May 2010
    Okay. Deleted the song and redownloaded it. It's still doing the same thing. To answer the above question, if you go from below it highlights "Hey Elevator" but when you press up it skips up to the first Apples in Stereo song (ie it jumps over 2-3 lines) and loops you in the same way.

Just to be clear, at any time you can change the sorting method to get out of the loops...but I still think this is a big enough problem to report.
    edited May 2010
    I think the first song and the third song are trying to be paired together, but the one in the middle is screwing them up. If I highlight the band name on the first song, the text out by the names on the 1st and 3rd songs say "Play All"...like they are connected. You can probably see it in the video.
  • edited May 2010
    Due to the band name I feel somehow responsible for this predicament.
    edited May 2010
    Apples;3721949 said:
    Due to the band name I feel somehow responsible for this predicament.
    If only you had kept to mono.
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    Akuryu;3721951 said:
    If only you had kept to mono.
    I'm sure if he had mono he would've been quite unhappy with it.

Looking on Creators Club, it's not the artist name. The album names, though, are "Travellers In Space and Time" for Dance Floor and "Travellers in Space and Time" for Hey Elevator. But that shouldn't do it, because The Main Drag had the same mistake and those just sort differently rather than cause any glitch.
  • S1ckH4ndsS1ckH4nds YouTube Guru
    edited May 2010
    Akuryu;3721884 said:
    Don't know if this has come up yet, but the song Hey Elevator by the Apples in Stereo has a pretty bad bug in it. When you sort by band, it will not allow you to scroll over it. You actually get stuck in the menu (unless you change sorting method). I made a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiuKCJCRhPI

Somebody should go tell them on the creators forum and have the song pulled before too many people buy it.
    You can actually get to it by scrolling upwards from B. However, since there are more TAIS songs in the pipeline, I have no doubt that this will cause some of them to become stuck between the two.

I've just crossposted this thread to the Creators forums, let's see if anything can be done.
    edited May 2010
    FairwoodStudios;3722059 said:
    I'm sure if he had mono he would've been quite unhappy with it.

Looking on Creators Club, it's not the artist name. The album names, though, are "Travellers In Space and Time" for Dance Floor and "Travellers in Space and Time" for Hey Elevator. But that shouldn't do it, because The Main Drag had the same mistake and those just sort differently rather than cause any glitch.
    Well, hm. Same band name, but two different album names, but when you go to the first album name, it highlights both it and the same album below it. I think what it's doing is when it gets to to the third band name (the third song in that video), it registers it as going to the top of that band, which causes it to hop back up to the first band name (which is the same band name as the third band name, as the game wants you to pick 'play all'), causing it to loop infinitely. The reason the songs are separated is because the albums are labeled differently, so they wouldn't fit under the same album name, and thus got pushed below the other songs or something

Hopefully that made sense. I'll bet if you pressed 'play all' it would let you play the two-song setlist even though those two songs are sorted differently
  • S1ckH4ndsS1ckH4nds YouTube Guru
    edited May 2010
    HeyRiles;3722229 said:
    Hopefully that made sense. I'll bet if you pressed 'play all' it would let you play the two-song setlist even though those two songs are sorted differently
    It does not; it only returns "Dance Floor".
    edited May 2010
    S1ckH4nds;3722234 said:
    It does not; it only returns "Dance Floor".
    How odd, considering if you hover over the first Apples In Stereo name selection, it looks like the third Apples in Stereo down there also switches to 'play all'
  • HMXMister_GameHMXMister_Game Harmonix Developer
    edited May 2010
    Thanks for pointing this out. We'll look into it and see if there's anything we can do.
  • Carpe_DiemCarpe_Diem Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    I have this problem today (i just bought AIS songs) but i think it's worse since i have all the songs (i think they're 5) so it skips more songs.... please fix this HMX it's very annoying and can't sort by band because of this now....
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited August 2010
    Carpe_Diem;3917395 said:
    and can't sort by band because of this now....
    Jump to the next letter. Go up.
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited August 2010
    In case you missed it, the problem is actually with "Energy" due to a lowercase "the" in the band name. Normally it's easy to pull songs and replace them with an updated version, but it took three months and hundreds of downloads to find the problem, so right now they're waiting to see if the case sensitivity issues get fixed in Rock Band 3.