Trouble Exporting

Edify1Edify1 Rising Star
edited October 2010 in LEGO: Rock Band
Hey, folks:

I'm trying to export the songs from Lego Rock Band onto my hard drive (Xbox360) to play in Rock Band 2. However, when I try to purchase the export code, I get the message "Can't retrieve information from Xbox Live". Has anyone else had this problem? Do I just need to wait for awhile and try again?

Thanks.

Comments

• Edify1Edify1 Rising Star
    edited May 2010
    Okay, never mind. I figured it out.
  • JTerk555JTerk555 Unsigned
    edited June 2010
    How did you figure it out? If you don't mind my asking. I'm not new to downloading stff and fixing problems, but new to the XBox thing, and I don't know how to get it to work.
    edited June 2010
    Well, you have to have bought the game new. If it's used and the export code has been used already, then you're out of luck.

But look inside the case for an insert (not the rule manual but a separate insert). It will have a code listed on it. Then go to this site: http://www.rockband.com/lego-export

Once you're there, insert the code. Once that is done, it will give you a code for the export key (it's probably a good idea to save it to your favorites or request they e-mail you a copy).

Then fire up your Xbox, and make sure you have $10 (800 MSP) in your account, as the game costs $10 to export. Go to "redeem code" (I usually go there by pressing the guide button, then pressing left twice to get to the marketplace tab), and then input the export code that the website gave you.

Finally, fire up Lego: Rock Band (and download the update, if you haven't yet). Then go down to music store and when the option comes up, chose "Export Download." It will ask you to confirm download, so just confirm it and you should be all set.
  • JTerk555JTerk555 Unsigned
    edited June 2010
    I know how to do it. I just keep getting the Status Code 800700e8, unable to retrieve info from XBox Live.....

Just got it to work. Figured out you have to delete the Rock Band License Key and keep the LRB License Key, and the download will work. Pass it on.
    edited June 2010
    I didn't have to get rid of the RB1 export key. I got the same message you did, and it's because I didn't follow all of those steps. I tried to buy the export key from the Lego Rock Band music store before going to the website and getting the code.
  • MikachuMikachu Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    JTerk555;3739344 said:
    Just got it to work. Figured out you have to delete the Rock Band License Key and keep the LRB License Key, and the download will work. Pass it on.
    Wrong. I never did a thing with my RB License Key, and it worked without a hitch.
  • weirdphilweirdphil Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    Mine also worked perfectly fine. Redeemed the codes, purchased the export key and downloaded it all on day one.
  • AodhfinAodhfin Unsigned
    edited July 2010
    No, I was having the same problem. I followed all the steps correctly and it was giving me that exact error. I figured what the hell and went ahead and deleted the RB1 export key... nothing else. And now it worked. Go fig.
  • phonziephonzie Unsigned
    edited August 2010
    JTerk555;3739344 said:
    I know how to do it. I just keep getting the Status Code 800700e8, unable to retrieve info from XBox Live.....

thanks dude works for me every other way is bull****. lost all me game saves try'n other ways this works!!!!!!!!!!!
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited August 2010
    phonzie;3920062 said:
    thanks dude works for me every other way is bull****. lost all me game saves try'n other ways this works!!!!!!!!!!!
    ...What did you DO in these other ways? Submerge your harddrive in your tub?
  • ShaneraneShanerane Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    GNFfhqwhgads;3920403 said:
    ...What did you DO in these other ways? Submerge your harddrive in your tub?
    Ha!
  • tomlizard5tomlizard5 Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Okay so i enterend my code into the website ages ago. and then export download popped up on the LRB music store. whenever i press download i get the error message, cannot retrieve from xbox live. so i went and deleted RB1 lisence and went back on LRB and the export download option has totally dissapeared. so i re downloaded the rock band liscense and now the export option is back in LRB. but now im back to square one. error. cannot retrieve from xbox live. what do i do. :( i beought this new, i do not have reciept.
  • BallisticJunkfoodBallisticJunkfood Headliner
    edited October 2010
    tomlizard5;4096405 said:
    Okay so i enterend my code into the website ages ago. and then export download popped up on the LRB music store. whenever i press download i get the error message, cannot retrieve from xbox live. so i went and deleted RB1 lisence and went back on LRB and the export download option has totally dissapeared. so i re downloaded the rock band liscense and now the export option is back in LRB. but now im back to square one. error. cannot retrieve from xbox live. what do i do. :( i beought this new, i do not have reciept.
    Did you take the code the website gave you and enter it at the Xbox dashboard?
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited October 2010
    Are you logged in to an account from the correct region?
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited October 2010
    Bront20;4100289 said:
    Are you logged in to an account from the correct region?
    He says he's on Xbox LIVE, which doesn't have the region problems the PS3 does. (I have a US Live Account, a US L:RB disc, and an EU everything else.)
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited October 2010
    LoopyChew;4100369 said:
    He says he's on Xbox LIVE, which doesn't have the region problems the PS3 does. (I have a US Live Account, a US L:RB disc, and an EU everything else.)
    Wasn't sure, and felt it was a reasonable troubleshooting thing to try.