Does a band have to be signed to a record label to upload RBN songs?

firescull537firescull537 Rising Star
edited May 2010 in The Rock Band Network
So my band has decided that we want to upload some of our songs to the RBN, but we're unsigned. Is that a problem at all?

Thanks for any help :D

Comments

• MagnetMagnet Moderator
    edited May 2010
    The RBN was created with unsigned artists in mind especially! If your band wrote and recorded all of your songs such that you own all the rights, then you're all set to get some music up on the RBN. The only caveat is that cover songs are not allowed (unless the music being covered is in the public domain).
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    Not a problem in the least. In fact it may be less of a problem, since it's one less party to get involved. (Aside from two bands, every one that we've worked with has been unsigned, and it's by large been smoother for us.)

Are you looking at authoring yourselves or having a company do it? Not that it matters to your question, just curious if I should offer to provide some advice or offer to do some business. ;)
  • firescull537firescull537 Rising Star
    edited May 2010
    I'm going to be authoring the tracks myself, but given that I'm too young to submit the songs myself, my dad created an xbox live account, and we'll be getting an XNA account to link to his account. That way, we can legally submit the song without, well, breaking the rules :p
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited May 2010
    firescull537;3723782 said:
    I'm going to be authoring the tracks myself, but given that I'm too young to submit the songs myself, my dad created an xbox live account, and we'll be getting an XNA account to link to his account. That way, we can legally submit the song without, well, breaking the rules :p
    Ah, cool. Best of luck to you guys then!