Question about RBN.

ObscuredUSAObscuredUSA Opening Act
edited June 2010 in The Rock Band Network
Would it be possible for a PS3 owner to make a RBN song?

Also

Isn't it copyright issue if someone who is not apart of a band they are charting songs and getting paid for it when people buy their songs they charted? Like I see tons of All That Remains songs, are people from that band making those charts or random gamers like you and I?

How does that work?

Comments

• NumskullNumskull Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    ObscuredUSA;3728488 said:
    Would it be possible for a PS3 owner to make a RBN song?
    Yes, as long as they also own an Xbox360.
  • TeamAliceFTWTeamAliceFTW Road Warrior
    edited June 2010
    ObscuredUSA;3728488 said:

Isn't it copyright issue if someone who is not apart of a band they are charting songs and getting paid for it when people buy their songs they charted? Like I see tons of All That Remains songs, are people from that band making those charts or random gamers like you and I?

How does that work?
    These are people just charting out the songs. These aren't actually on thr RBN, they're just customs like people used to make for GH2.
  • vw_fetishvw_fetish Rising Star
    edited June 2010
    You must own the rights to the recording in order to chart a song for use in RBN.

All That Remains and/or their label gave the authoring company permission to use their master recording stems to create charts for RBN.

Technically, you do not need a console (PS3 or Xbox) to chart a song. You just need a PC or Mac with Reaper, RBN plug-ins, Magma (PC only), and the stems. You do need an Xbox if you wish to audition your work, but it's not entirely required to create the charts.

Please read up on creators.rockband.com for tons of info.